The Playground

• Yes, Galena detectors (Cat's Wiskers) are semiconductor diodes made with a small tip (usually platinum) driven over a semiconductor crystal of lead sulfide.

They allow the HF carrier current to be rectified.

Many diodes that are still found in many electronic devices are made in the same way: a small glass tube about a centimeter long, and if you look with a magnifying glass, you sees a small platinum wire placed on a germanium or silicon crystal. The construction is done as for galena detectors: we walk the platinum wire on the crystal, sending an HF voltage, and suddenly, we observe a rectified current. At this moment, a current pulse is passed which welds the platinum point in the right place. So the shock and vibration cannot destroy the diode. Oddly enough, this strong impulse does not destroy the junction. This work used to be done by female workers, but I guess it's automated now.

I do not know if the experiment has been done, but it is undoubtedly possible to make a transistor with a crystal of galena. Here is the experimental protocol that I propose: You must first form a diode by running a platinum wire on the galena. As soon as the semiconductor junction is established, seal the first junction with a microliter drop of epoxy, and then, with a second spike, look for another "hot spot" as close as possible to the first tip. I'm willing to bet that a current injected into one of the tips modulates the current flowing between the crystal and the second. Of course, this experiment would only be of historical interest, without any industrial application, in our time when it is possible to integrate a billion transistors on a silicon chip. But in the heroic days of Edison’s, Tesla and Branly, that would have changed the game. It’s a fun experience for high school kids or for a "fablab". (Amateur Maker Lab)

• Affidavit against rejection of USPTO application 13/512065 [also W02011064739: Method for generating neutrons], now US10764987 Sep. 1, 2020 patent.

"After conducting an experiment at ONERA’s facilities, I observe with a neutron

spectrometer that high count rate are induced by colliding protons and electrons at very

low energy after having their magnetic momentums (or spins) aligned by a gradient of

magnetic fields and/or with appropriated radiofrequencies. The equipment used and the

experiment conducted will be described below."

• Inductance Energy Corp, makers of the "Earth Engine" (a motor claimed to be powered by energy stored in Permanent Magnets) get Covid 19 paycheck funding of between $350k and $1m...

https://www.federalpay.org/pay…corporation-scottsdale-az

https://ie.energy/

Edit by Curbina: moved this post here as it really doesn’t match criteria for LENR news, magnet motors are completely outside the scope and this is the thread for such things.

• What elements are commonly used in permanent magnets? Neodimium has quite a useful unstable isotope.

• Just when you thought 2020 could not get any stranger with the Covid pandemic and the US autocoup now we have space aliens.

Ex head of Israeli space program says aliens are real and here on earth.

Aliens not only exist but are living in hiding among us, claims the ex-head of Israel's space program.

Haim Eshed, 87, says the extraterrestrials have struck a deal with President Donald Trump to keep quiet and not Tweet about them while they carry out experiments on Earth.

Professor Eshed told Israeli newspaper Yedioth Aharonoth: “The UFOs have asked not to publish that they are here, humanity is not ready yet.

“Trump was on the verge of revealing, but the aliens in the Galactic Federation are saying: ‘Wait, let people calm down first’.

Thank goodness we have President Trump to calm things down.

:)

Wonder what sort of a deal he struck, probably the greatest deal ever!

• That news is so hilarious maybe we should make an exception. The head of Israel's space program?!? Really???

Just because I really don't know what causes you so much laughter, they failed in landing a probe on the moon but that does not mean that they are laughable.

https://www.space.gov.il/en

https://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/…%D7%9D_%D7%90%D7%A9%D7%93

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• A gentle reminder to our members that the forum has agreed to not allow the discussion of UFOS or ETs, as there are plenty of other venues to do so.

Thank you Curbina, good point.

So for clarification.

1. It was not meant to be a general comment on UFOs or aliens, nor was it meant to start a discussion it was meant to amuse.

2. It is just a great story. It has Trump doing a deal with aliens, wow, somebody should make a movie.

3. Like a lot of stories on fringe topics that we get on these boards it has a source that is supposedly credible because of his position and education, ex head of Israeli space program and a professor.

So does the appeal to authority make a credible source? I think that is interesting!

• The question should be:

4. Does an outlandish claim automatically make it less credible even with repeated observation by high ranking eduacted individuals in military or academic positions?

I would say no, cause this could apply to the heliocentric solar system model back at Galileo's time, and more recently anomalous LENR related material phenomina. The universe doesn't fallow finite conventions, though we seem built to understand it in time. I say yes, keep pushing understanding, knowledge in the Creator's will. It also helps to not worship or put created things older than us in boxes.

• So does the appeal to authority make a credible source?

Yes. Somewhat. Slightly. In the first approximation. When an expert makes what appears to be an outlandish claim, you should stop for a moment to wonder if it might be real. Outlandish claims sometimes turn out to be real, after all. Or perhaps you misunderstand, and it is not as outlandish as it seems. You should give the claim a little more benefit of the doubt than you would give it if the person were not an authority.

You have to watch out. It could be a fallacious appeal to authority, meaning the person is not actually an authority. See:

http://nizkor.com/features/fal…/appeal-to-authority.html

Certainly, the head of the Israeli space program is a legitimate expert in space-technology related issues, including UFOs. This is not a fallacious appeal. Just offhand, knowing nothing about him, and nothing about the evidence, I suppose he is a crackpot. But I have not looked into it, so I could be wrong. I can't really judge. I wouldn't bother looking into this. The likelihood of it being crackpot is too high to bother. I realize that attitude can be a problem when people too readily dismiss cold fusion, the way this guy did today:

https://www.cityweekly.net/uta…lith/Content?oid=16152766