The Playground

• Because I do not like to see people defrauded. Swedish people, in this case.

Jed Rothwell has developed hatred for two LENR developers: J.Hadjichristos and A.Rossi. R Mills has produced less results for far more capital invested yet remains unhated. Mills has gone through about 100 million in capital in 20 some years, Rossi 11.5 in a dozen years and J.Hadjichristos was salaried and left LENR research destitute. Emotional thinking holds no quarter to logic.

• Jed, the facts to evaluate Rossi's sincerity and the reality of his claims were all available in early 2011.

And other facts, that seemed to indicate otherwise, were available to me, while still others were published openly in 2013:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LeviGindication.pdf

That report still indicates something may be going on. You can ignore it, dismiss it, or pretend it does not exist, but there it is.

It seems likely that other people have real heat from Ni-H systems. That alone gave Rossi a measure of credibility. You won't admit that because you dismiss all of cold fusion, but people who are seriously interested in the subject -- as opposed to drive-by debunkers -- have to look all results with an open mind.

You have the luxury of dismissing everything. You have no responsibility here. You do not publish papers or give talks at ICCF conferences. You may not even be giving us your real name. That simplifies the problem for you. As I said, a person can easily be right 90% of the time in science just by saying "it won't work; there's nothing to it." You get a great track record and the APS lets you write a "What's New" column. No one will hold it against you in the instances when blindly predicting failure backfires, and it turns out the new discovery works. However, if you are in I.H.'s position, it is not so easy to dismiss Rossi, or to magically know that he was a fraud before doing your own tests.

• Andrea Rossi
    June 23, 2016 at 5:05 PM
    Ruby Shale:
    As usually, the guys of Industrial Heat are ready to sell what they do not own: now they are offering us to buy back our license, the license that they do not have anymore ( see the press release made few weeks ago from our Attorney John Annesser). I wonder if they will try to sell the Colosseum of Rome as well.
    IH has no more any license related to out IP and whomever is interested to us in North America, Central America, South America, Russia, China, Saudi Arabia and Emirates must contact exclusively:
    http://www.leonardocorporation.com
    [email protected]
    I have received other comments asking me what I think of the proposal made today by IH and this comments answers to all the others. I will not comment further issues to be discussed in Court.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• The TPR1 posted by Jed is another disgrace. The PCE plots show I1 and I2 as in-phase whereas they should be equal and opposite, since the heater was a single coil hanging between V1 and V2 of a 3-phase line. An inverted clamp fits the plots and justifies the apparent COP.
    And the "selfsustain" mode causing temperature to dwell high for a minute or so with input off is easily explained by thermal inertia of a steel core thermally insulated from the black painted steel cladding.

• Yes. In fact the true thermal inertia of a steel tube looks like the graph in the Levi et al report. I have not empirically evaluated the issue with the input power measurement, but can attest to the curve shape. The report trotted this out as evidence for SSM, but it is not. I probably can find a chart of this in my own data if data is required to convince some.

• Jed Rothwell has developed hatred for two LENR developers: J.Hadjichristos and A.Rossi.

Are you a fan of Defkalion? I suggest you read this, carefully:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GamberaleLfinaltechn.pdf

Look at the quotes such as:

. . . DGT did not allow DE to use such measurement in any of the tests of their technology.

As a further improvement we added a second flowmeter upstream of the water system in order to verify the behavior of the main flowmeter during the measurement of the excess power but also in this case the added flowmeter was readily removed by the DGT technicians forbidding us to make any verification.

- In no case has DGT enabled DE engineers to attend the assembly phase of the active components in the reaction chamber of the reactor R5 (built by us according to the DGT diagrams) nor left the reactor R5 complete with all the necessary elements for running the experiment in the DE laboratories without their physical presence.

The total lack of cooperation from the part of DGT regarding both the technical information and crosschecks have made it necessary to carry out independent verification tests of the calorimetric measurements of excess power, especially to protect clients who were about to sign trade agreements and pay fees for the access to the DGT technology

. . . After several tests performed by DE to validate the DGT calorimetry we must conclude that in the most benevolent case we are faced with a gross measurement error that has lasted nearly two years and has misled esteemed researchers who have personally witnessed demos of the DGT technology in Greece, in Canada and more recently in Italy.

DE has not been put in a position to carry out independent tests on the technology outside of a strict protocol defined by DGT and all the tests that DE has witnessed, even in its laboratories, have always been performed entirely by technicians from DGT (HJ and AS). During the periods when the DGT staff was not present at the DE site some component considered essential for obtaining the reaction was removed in order to prevent DE from making independent tests. Since this procedure is not consistent with established contractual agreements, DE had the need to perform independent testing taking the opportunity to have the complete and certainly working system in their laboratories during the days (and nights) just after the streaming of 23 July 2013, whose results are contained in this document. . . ."

(End of quotes)

If that does not look like fraud, what would be? Yes, I definitely hate people who use cold fusion to defraud other people of millions of dollars. You don't hate them?

• Yes. In fact the true thermal inertia of a steel tube looks like the graph in the Levi et al report. I have not empirically evaluated the issue with the input power measurement, but can attest to the curve shape. The report trotted this out as evidence for SSM, but it is not. I probably can find a chart of this in my own data if data is required to convince some.

I have posted this already on LF, ..so, sorry for being repetitive.
    I could easily mimic the temperature profile by choosing diameters and insulating material and gap such to reproduce the observations.
    The red dotted line is the simulation superimposed to the TPR temperature data.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/for…nt/621-R-123557233-1-jpg/

• I have real trouble imagining Mary Yugo is a real human being. Who could spend years making a fool of himself like this?

Also, great shill carousel : D

• My goodness Jack - could that possibly make "the new partner" a party to an attempt to defraud? Hope they have deep pockets. Rossi is singlehandedly making himself an untouchable business leper. He's going to be very lonely by the time this is all over.

• @andrea.s
    You said

The PCE plots show I1 and I2 as in-phase whereas they should be equal and opposite, since the heater was a single coil hanging between V1 and V2 of a 3-phase line. An inverted clamp fits the plots and justifies the apparent COP.

So, just so I know, even with one clamp on a dead (disconnected) line, with three phase but using only single phase power from it, one inverted clamp still makes the power look three times higher?

Any idea how to make power look 5 times higher with single phase?

• I have posted this already on LF, ..so, sorry for being repetitive.
    I could easy mimic the temperature profile by choosing diameters and insulating material and gap such to reproduce the observations.
    The red dotted line is the simulation superimposed to the TPR temperature data.

Andrea,

Sorry, I must have missed your previous post. Good work on the simulation.

Here is a small snippet of a run that I made (11/17/15). Chart 2 also includes the core temp. Note that the core temp behaves more like a typical resistor as noted by Levi et al. The outer steel tube temp is sinusoidal.

• So it seems you guys are simply buttmad that the good "Dr." Rossi has a working tech, while he blatantly disregards academic protocols for measurements and has no impressive credentials?

That's sad, you're simply filibuster fodder for disgruntled investors

Science is far from rational as the scientists themselves are the prey of their emotions. In this case, jealousy.

• The link seems to be broken, but yes, I've known about that since the day it was public, almost a year ago.
    I made a scaled CAD drawing by the next day.
    I knew the resistance quoted in the publication was wrong by an order of magnitude right away.
    I posted a ton of info on this thing, before the patent application with all the pictures and info was available.
    Maybe for some reason people think I make stuff up. If that was the case I am a damn good guesser.

I'm tired of handing out the free lunches that just get tossed in the bin. Someone else's turn.

• The link seems to be broken

The link works, at least for me. Even if You would get only micro farads with a delta function and higher harmonics there can be effects (power supply). Further on, three coils are nested, which could cancel the B fields... hence no "super wave stimulation".. or even more simple, without hands on the device You can tell nothing!

As I said earlier - many times: Analysing Rossi is a waste of time! It's just fun, if somebody claims to know something for sure.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.