The Playground

• Well, honey,
    1. I've known many transgender people.
    2. I actually have one sharing a room in my apartment, a trans male. I won't break his privacy more than that.
    3. I've known people who went through the surgery.
    4. There are some, however, who essentially display stereotypically male traits, such as endless argument on internet fora, which amount to "my penis is larger than yours," though, of course, not using that word. Call it male aggressiveness.

While I do not buy the transgender story here for a moment, it being simply more of the trolling, I would ask what pronoun Doris prefers. I recently decided to settle on the obvious for Mary Hody, and the "real" gender is moot, there isn't any such thing, my daughter is, among other things, teaching me that, being very much New Generation, the future.

• Like most believer obsessions, the one with someone's identity makes no sense. And as far as credibility about Rossi's scamming is concerned, if my real identity is a scientist with any experience at all in calorimetry, it makes the case against Rossi worse than it already was. Of course, with current developments, it's hard to see how Rossi's credibility could be worse.

• It's known as the 'Streisand Effect'.

"Scientist", ROTFWL! ...You should "plan to do a bit more homework" in that case.

Now get back under your bridge!

• The other thing I noticed about identity-obsessive trolls of the past like "George"/"Doris" is that they never contribute anything of value to conversations. All they do is snipe and insult in their responses, usually incorrectly and often irrelevantly. And they target skeptics mostly-- rarely or never believers in even the dumbest crap. Quite a few inhabit Next Big Future and the Vortex email list where questioning anything, no matter how crooked or stupid, is frowned upon. They seem to have a distaste for repeated critiques of a similar nature but they never seem to notice that those are in response to repeated nonsense from those who support and promote the scammers. They're a bizarre bunch.

Funniest of all, they give skeptics a hard time because some of us write under pseudonyms and the trolls issue their critique, you guessed it, using a pseudonym.

Examples that come to mind immediately from ecatnews.com are the pseudonyms Greenwin (and the many sock puppets of that one), Roger Barker, and rats123. Lots of BS. No value. Just like "Doris."

• Not sure where to start.

To George/Doris Hody. I do not think you are Skiff. Before this storm I actually I wanted to ask
    you why you picked this name if you wanted credibility. In the past you "GH" had normal conversations that were neither crazy nor rude. I really wanted to ask you why someone that is lucid and making good sense in arguments used the most common doxxed name in LENR (if not one of the the top 2)
    for their username. Why do this when your arguments often stood on their own? So this is kinda hard to understand. But it's hard I guess not to be someone you are, regardless of username.

Mary Yugo, I am sure you know by now that while you were banned I brought up time and time again with the mods that you had an extreme amount of pertinent background information and were
    very factually knowledgeable about Rossis history. But after a while you just you seemed to grow tired again and gave into the personal attacks. Look at this discourse in this thread alone. While this is ridiculous with the other user GH please just hang on, it will fix itself. They are self destructing.

Anyway,
    In our small ignored part of the community we have at least 4 or more
    insiders claiming either NDA or being privy to internal rumors or somesuch. They are able to entertain us but at the same time they sometimes have difficulty providing information on requests such as "common sense followup information". Often a simple request such as "How did you come across this information", Is met witha common response that information is inferred without a valid citation or url, and the requester is alleged to be "uneducated, naive or just plain stupid".

One nameless user that was driven off, has returned like a phoenix. Just in time to help others still sitting on the fence.
    And that is just the soap opera. We still have the replicators and those that also come for LENR all drama aside.

• Rigel, trolls like "Doris" constantly claim that skeptics who consistently attack false claims, thus posting repetitively because those claims never die, are only annoying. But the truth is that replying to false claims, even anonymously and even on the internet, can be useful. Careful vetting these days requires searching the internet. And when Dick Smith considered urging from various people including some formerly with NASA, that he invest a million dollars in Defkalion, this is exactly what Smith did-- he searched. Smith found me (and others) who had exchanged posts with Defkalion and as a result of those, he contacted us and was able to conclude that Defkalion was an obvious fraud.

As a result of posting about Defkalion, I had several phone conversations with Smith. I helped him draft a response to his acquaintances who were urging him to invest. As a result, he proposed some independent testing. Defkalion refused any of it and Smith did not invest, saving at least a million dollars which would have certainly gone down the drain when Defkalion went belly up and Hadjichristos was proven to be nothing but a blowhard liar.

Had some of us not posted on the internet, Smith would have lost a lot of money. Probably many others, who have remained silent, might have also lost money with Defkalion but didn't due to what they read. Even anonymous and pseudonymous posting can lead to real world contacts which help potential investors avoid scams. That's the main reason I post. I also hate to see scammers profit from their money wasting, time wasting and resource wasting lies. I fail to see the wrong in that. On the other hand, posters like "Doris", rats123, Roger Barker, and Greenwin (and others) are indeed repetitive and annoying but by contrast, they contribute nothing whatever to the discussion. It is of no importance to know who these trolls are in "real life". But it is important to prevent them from censoring and stalking skeptics -- the real contributors to the debate.

• Last nite I was off topic and was deleted (several times) being as I am thick as a brick (unless of course someone knows where to pull my strings by accident or my ignorance", and BTW they have been pulled twice here.

Before my quote anyone who reads this post please read this page no 86. in entirety. Doxxing is like undressing someone without permission. You are exposing the persons expectation of privacy. On the internet it is not required. Chasing someone down IRL is grounds for revenge. This revenge can be more ugly than doxxing.

First the background since several OT comments were deleted. But the background in the OT was Mary and Jed were at it again. So to lighten the mood... I made 2 comments (one was a joke, but I sux at humor)

Rigel joked:

" Jez Jed,
    Don't you know the difference between "nom de plume" and "nom de guerre ?".

My second comment was to Ms. Mary and I have to paraphrase as it was very late and I was tired, and when tired my guard drops a bit.

Rigel mumbled:
    "Mary sometimes I think you argue just to argue. It reminds me of my family around the holidays. We argue a point long after it has been decided one way or the other".

If I may segue ... I have or had a clearance. I think they expire in 2 years. I have zero to gain by having some ass chase me around in real life and try to get my work involved. My work was close knitted and based on trust. And due to my sloppiness this has happened. So I really was pissed with Skiff was harvesting IP and email addrs. As far as giving out information without respect I say to my "kids" I am the mouth police not the"mind police".

With regards to Mary. In my mind she :P gets tired, and it is reflected in her posts. So she is can be either informative or off the wall and it all depends. I think she may read this and take it in stride, and maybe accept it somewhat. I have spent my life in rooms with people that just are doing and saying what they think is right. Sometimes one has to look through that and up the conversation. I try to do this here. Why do people need to say things like "nitwit" or "rub your face in it". In my mind it will not get the project delivered on time then we all suffer. I go back to that we all know our positions by now, why not acknowledge it and move on?

The come out and use your real name and fight argument, falls on deaf ears to me. I am not bragging when I say that everyone I worked with for years would sit around a table calling each other Dr. this an Dr. that. A Masters was pew-pew. These guys had spent there entire lives up to the age 26 in school (getting a PHD.) without interacting with others. When a lady/female/whatever was around they were comical. I apologize if anyone was offended by this, it was not my intent. Sorry for the rant, I have zero desire to harm nor see people harmed. It is wasteful. Does this help regarding my position?

• Posting here to prevent the 'James Bass Doxxing Thread' / Rossi Blog Comments from becoming further submerged by Abd's ego, and by those who feel the need to pander to it.

My take is not to worry too much: Abd needs to advertise his new site somewhere, so I predict he'll be back, once he's had his milk and cookie.

• One final thought. Allan and other mods. I will fight for free speech, I did it when everyone wanted to put Mary out. Coming from me this may sound disingenuous (knowing what a bad mod Rigel would make). He left himself, there was no"need to slam the door on the way out". It would have been somewhat more helpful to move (but more work) him and all the comments to the playground. As this is the place that "the management" agreed was our sandbox. And I have mentioned before moderating us is like herding catz.

Your deletions were correct and educational, it actually led to self-moderation (civil discussion wow) and reflection for some people here. Your actions were strongly hearlded as correct.

Please only use the banhammer very lightly. We all know about Adb and wikipedia, we all know. We know the short form and the long form, and if you are not careful you get the extreme long form :) Now our insight into the IH vs. Rossi case has been diminished.
    So I have to respectfully ask that you remove the ban. Thanks. :thumbup:

• Might be wrong but I read Alan's message to mean someone else was briefly banned for calling Abd an insulting name.

Probably Mary and it's use of the words 'obsessive dunce'.

If so, I can guarantee our insight into Rossi vs IH is not diminished in any way.

• Rigel,

I also support free speech and don't like the ban hammer thrown around wildly. But in the case of Mary Yugo, if the Mary Yugo on this board is the same that has existed for years, she is not simply an individual giving an opinion. I have reason to believe she is paid to go online and dismiss all exotic claims. I'm not guessing due to the negativity she's posted. I actually have other information. Of course this information is old, and she could possibly no longer be paid and could be continuing the job for free.

In the offline world, I can only compare Mary Yugo to a paid protester at a political rally. If I'm a candidate and someone comes into my rally and boos, I should accept it. However, if that individual shouts will a bullhorn paid for by the other candidate, is that really fair?

Personally, I see no place for Mary Yugo on this forum. She will never support LENR research until units are available at Walmart.

• Hello Jed,

Mary Yugo has done nothing for Cold Fusion. Zero. She has only mocked and attacked the field. If you truly have that opinion, I think you should consider shutting down your online LENR library and going to work with her. You would do very well at the job.

• Mary Yugo has done nothing for Cold Fusion. Zero. She has only mocked and attacked the field.

My point exactly. She does a public service acting as a rhetorical piñata. Whenever anyone challenges her for specifics, she says she has not read the papers and she knows nothing. No doubt she is telling the truth about that! She says "no one has published 100 W with a high input to output ratio." I point out two peer-reviewed papers in major journals with over 100 W and no input (an infinite ratio). She comes back and says no one replicated that. I point out that member of the French Atomic Energy Commission replicated it, among others. She says "if that were true it would be welcomed." I quote the response to those papers in the New Scientist and elsewhere, accusing the researchers of being lunatics, frauds and criminals.

Debating with Mary Yugo is like shooting fish in a barrel. I sometimes wonder if she is not secretly on our side, trying to make skeptics look bad. As Hamlet put it:

I'll be your foil, Laertes: in mine ignorance
    Your skill shall, like a star i' the darkest night,
    Stick fiery off indeed.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.