The Playground

• Official Post

basically unconditional diagnostic like "you are idiot" may be considered as insult by most people.

If they are argumented, those diagnostics may be factual, or at least subject of a debate.

Anyway best is to avoid unconditional statements on people, even on class of people (not easy).

On the opposite conditional statement like "your position is irrational", is better fitting a debate.

It is best to do. I'm sure THH who showed a wide capacity to argument while staying correct, will have this capacity.

Another point, don't think you can convince others. Many positions are based on ignoring some points, or interpreting them differently because of unproven/unshared hypothesis or heuristics. Finally many beliefs are tightened to inner values (sometime through former commitments, stakes), and changing a beliefs requires much more energy than breaking the coulomb barrier or bankrupting Lehman Brothers.

Stay polite, state conditional judgement on others "your position on AAA is XXX according to me", propose evidences, and interpretations, answer to interpretations, and don't wait for your position to be shared.

You cannot save everybody, but you can save yourself.

• Official Post

Better focus on arguments, evidences, scenarii and their credibility.

More and more I discover things that make me sad and FURIOUS.

I've tolerated too much for too long.

Sure we cannot say X is a scam artist without affirmative evidences, but we can at least say "we need more independent evidences" to consider the claim as probably true.

Not talking of Rossi, as for Rossi the court exchanges, made clear evidences emerge, not yet enough to hang a man, but enough for me to remove my trust.

What shock me most is that some people I though were "naive" or "incompetent", behave just like their dark lord, accusing innocents of their own crimes.

At least Defkalion ended correctly, in silence.

• Hurling insults is an especially sickening idea when all of these parties -- regardless if they are observing truly anomalous phenomena -- have glass windows. No one seems to be totally innocent and pure as the rain driven snow. Although it can be challenging especially when emotions are heightened, we're all much better off to objectively examine the technologies themselves -- separating them from the inventors.

• No one seems to be totally innocent and pure as the rain driven snow.

This is entirely your imagination. I.H. has done nothing wrong. Their motives are entirely above board. You can argue they were too gullible, and not careful enough, but there is not a shred of evidence they did anything wrong or tried to steal anything. The notion that they are trying to steal the IP is ludicrous, for the reasons I gave previously. They could never get away with it. They know that as well as I do.

What you claim is false equivalence, without any argument or evidence to back it up.

• In terms of military acquisitions assuming Murray is not the guy working on focused energy weapons I am now counting at least five close to Darden with a military background, including the blackwater cybersecurity expert, the blackwater close protection officer goon, and Mr Uzi the Israeli intelligence officer. Did I miss any?

I don't see how people working for Blackwater could ever serve as a relay for nefarious purposes. After all, isn't Blackwater -or whatever it's called now- a non-profit NGO spreading socio-political awareness?

• The security guard was hired by Rossi. He is named and described by Rossi as being paid by Leonardo, and was an employee of both JMP and Leonardo.

Not only was the security guard doing that, he was a janitor and handyman. He slept in the warehouse for some undisclosed period of time.

(Document 207-37, transcript pages 88-92)

So "Blackwater close protection officer goon" seems ... silly.

• So far the most widely shared opinion is, all people interested about cold fusion are crackpots and trolls. Which would indeed apply even to you.

The arguing with mainstream opinion would lead you to the brittle ice, which you don't like so much.

What Interested observer is doing here is the spreading of pluralistic ignorance.

In my experience the discussing with these people has absolutely no meaning - their banning from disruption of informative threads is the only option, if you want to keep on topic discussion. Which you apparently don't bother to have here.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.