The Playground

• Official Post

• “If you could fuck around with the hydrogen atom, you could fuck around with the energy process in the sun. You could fuck around with life itself,” claims Dr. Phillip Anderson, a Nobel laureate in physics at Princeton University. “Everything we know about everything would be a bunch of nonsense. That’s why I’m so sure that it’s a fraud.”

from https://www.villagevoice.com/1999/12/21/quantum-leap/

So: a casual comment made to a journalist using expletives for emphasis but not in a personalised way. I'm not sure that comment can be called irate lashing out, though it is certainly a strong summary

Note Mills:

“I’ll have demonstrated an entirely new form of energy production by the end of 2000,” Mills responds. “If Dr. Kaku has escaped our universe through a wormhole by then, I’ll send my first $1000 in profits to his new address.”

That slipping timescale remind you of anything?

Park, Wilson, Kaku all criticise Mills, without irate lashing out. Many others reserve judgement.

Note in that long article:

Mills argues that the universe is forever oscillating between matter and energy over thousand-billion-year cycles, expanding and contracting between finite set points. In fact, he says, the universe doesn’t get much smaller than it is now.

His theory predicted in clear language two recent astronomical discoveries—one, the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, and, two, there are stars that measure as older than the expansion of the universe itself.

Well, although we cannot know what happened very early on, the evidence for a much smaller denser universe is very very strong indeed, and has got more so since that comment by Mills. He was wrong, so his theory is, if it made that prediction?

But, personally, I go on the demos, and the fact that they have got less convincing and less easy to validate, over the years.

• Official Post

In any case, please understand that I don’t think that criticism of ideas that challenge QM are a mere knee jerk reaction, and so far as Mills has not been able to demonstrate any of his claims in a exhaustive and rigorous way, I think he will keep harvesting that kind of criticism.

• In any case, please understand that I don’t think that criticism of ideas that challenge QM are a mere knee jerk reaction, and so far as Mills has not been able to demonstrate any of his claims in a exhaustive and rigorous way, I think he will keep harvesting that kind of criticism.

agreed.

I'd just point out that scientists are in the business of criticising all ideas - both non-standard theories and QM. You will find lots of both.

One thing, a lot of the "interpretations" criticism of QM turns out to be non-paradoxes that only seem like paradoxes because there are embedded mistakes. For example the guy who thought he had many worlds giving different probabilities from other interpretations. That thought experiment was rong, and nicely proven so (sorry - I don't immediately have the peer reviewed refs).

• Mills has one serious problem: He first has to prove that dense Hydrogen aka Hydrino aka H*-H* is harmless and can be disposed anywhere in the world. Or he has to use it for LENR and doe produce real amount of energy.

But he seems to live under a high mental stress because as a theorist he partially had huge success, but the part he needs for his company now seems to fail. There is just one state for Hydrinos (H*-H*) and some clustering is possible but a general Hydrino will never be discovered as it violates basic mechanics laws. (H*-H*) energies can be calculated by SO(4) physics and at least this state is confirmed.

• agreed.

I'd just point out that scientists are in the business of criticising all ideas - both non-standard theories and QM. You will find lots of both.

One thing, a lot of the "interpretations" criticism of QM turns out to be non-paradoxes that only seem like paradoxes because there are embedded mistakes. For example the guy who thought he had many worlds giving different probabilities from other interpretations. That thought experiment was rong, and nicely proven so (sorry - I don't immediately have the peer reviewed refs).

Not sure why this post exchange, relevant to Navid's point, deserves clearing!

• ATTENTION - Rossi megawatt plant explodes in Russia

causing large radiation release. From CNBC and CNN

See photo below. Anyone who has followed

the story will immediately recognize Rossi's

world famous container with the 102 e-cats in it

rossi-container1.jpg

rossi-container2.jpg

Important: I am ridiculing Rossi here. I am not in any way making fun of a serious

tragedy in which 7 Russians lost their lives and much radioactive

material was allegedly released.

• robert bryant

Here is the original quote which I poopoo'ed:

We have also shown that the exclusion of this "key" isotope from the composition of titanium used for the manufacture of dental implants leads to a practically complete suppression of the negative effect of dental implants on induced calcium deficiency.

The implication is that somehow implants cause calcium deficiency in the organism. They don't. Just do the simple search I suggested. There is a controversy about whether some materials are better than other for implants and that's entirely a different issue. And in general, you will find, implants cause bone growth, if performed properly under appropriately aseptic conditions. I offered earlier to tell you why I know about such things if I could do that privately but you declined. So go ask your wife if someone can develop "calcium deficiency" (the exact quote from the claim) from dental implants.

Properly done dental implants and hybrid implant-supported dentures are modern miracles. However, they are difficult to get right and some of the more lengthy procedures involved with lots of extractions done under general anesthesia can be stressful for patients. Like everything else, it's risk and cost vs benefit. But the point is: dental implants don't cause any sort of calcium deficiency- that's pure BS.

Yes, I did look at them and they have nothing whatever to do with calcium deficiency. They have to do with tissue reaction to implants- an entirely different and unrelated issue. A person can not develop calcium deficiency from implants. Your citations do not say that they can.

ETA: is anyone suggesting with a straight face that an LENR reaction takes place inside someone's mouth? If so, ROTFWL!

• Wasn't there a picture of a rotten rusty blue container behind a building a few years ago? Maybe this was the one and only ;) ?

Yes there was. At the first IH warehouse space in Raleigh, NC. There was only one Blue Container, even though it was supposedly sold to several different people/groups.

It was stripped out and the “reactors” installed into the Red Container.

Why not sent to the Smithsonian?

And then later there were photos of the Red Container in the parking lot at the Doral warehouse, post fiasco, waiting to be shipped to the dump.

Why not sent to the Smithsonian?

• Official Post

I forgot about the Raleigh warehouse "Blue container". Could you post that photo...again?

• I was awaiting 1 more :thumbup:from the other Mods to wrap this one up, but it's late in Europe so will use Ascoli's post as an opportunity to "unofficially" close this thread. This topic has been beaten to death, going around in circles, and other than create disharmony accomplishing nothing. Jed not only deserves a break, but kudos for being so open and honest. This peer review stuff is tough...especially so when one of the reviewers sees shades of conspiracy in almost everything, so my hat is off to him for being so tolerant.

Until further developments warrant looking into this in more detail, we shall now take a wait and see attitude. Jed can have the last word if he likes, then I ask everyone to voluntarily refrain from comment.

The solution found by LENR Calender just removes one argument out of the many that were risen about the inconsistency and incompleteness of the data contained in the spreadsheets. All the factual problems remain opens. Why the active reactor was heated internally and not externally? Which kind of heating was used, resistor or glow discharge? How the power was measured in both the active and control runs? And, above all, what happened to the readings of the Yokogawa analyzer?

It's not my intention to chase JR. However, IMO, the discussion can continue in a fair and respectful way by addressing the specific issues on the table and proposing understandable solutions, shareable by everyone, as LENR Calender did with the format of the numbers in the spreadsheets.

In any case, if the mods decide to suspend this argument, I will comply with this decision, but It should be clear that the reason of such decision is not that the results of the 120 W tests have been fully understood and accepted as valid.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.