The Playground

• Some generalisations, not aimed at any specific person or any specific news story.

It is possible for an expert to be right, especially in his area of expertise.

It is possible for an expert to be wrong, especially outside his area of expertise.

It is possible for anyone, even a professor, to suffer a mental change such that they talk to imaginary people, or imaginary creatures (see A Beautiful Mind). Such people can seem very lucid and convincing because they truly believe what they are telling you.

It is possible for somebody to be very smart but very gullible, or just mistaken.

It is possible somebody is trying a con or just a liar. What are their possible motives? Is the story too elaborate to be plausible?

It is possible for coincidence to be mistaken as significance. Was Apollo 13 mission doomed because of its number, or was it in fact lucky that the crew made it back, or is it just a coincidence?

If only we had some kind of system for gathering evidence and evaluating it in a rational way and then testing the conclusion. It might not be perfect but it would be a start. :)

• Official Post

Wanted to share here a video by Dr. Pierre-Marie Robitaille answering criticism by well known self appointed “professor Dave”.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• so we are on the same page, what wires are you referring to ? if your talking about the lead tin in the plaster case, they are sacrificial in building the case. they will fall out.

its better if i just build it then explain it

not much longer...

• The above drawing represents the knowledge of 2016 that finally, overall showed to be very precise.

Today - after completion of the major theoretical questions of dense matter structure (SO(4) physics) we can give a much more precise answer. Further Mills could measure the H*-H* spectrum and the model shows how it's calculated and more important how it evolves.

What was unknown in 2016 is the basic driving mechanism of the collapse. We now know that a first step is Hn spin matter that collapses to H* spin matter that further collapses directly to 4-He. (Read Holmlid) So the picture above exactly matches the step Hn--> H*n. (All spin currents do unify.)

The main reason for the first publication was to avoid that no longer any patent can be issued that blocks further research. All important basic steps for LENR are now public except some reaction details...

• No play

Max Fomitchev - Search for Alpha Decay Acceleration

Abstract

Bismuth nitrate solution exposed for 30-60 minutes to a strong electrostatic field (-20 kV potential, ~10 MV/m field strength) exhibits significant alpha, beta and gamma activity. However, the in-depth investigation using the Automated Nuclear Lab system has shown that the observed activity is consistent with the accumulation of positively charged atmospheric radon radioactive decay daughter products in the negatively charged droplet.

Natural Background

Contrary to popular belief, the natural world is full of nuclear activity. Gamma rays, neutrons, alpha and beta particles are constantly emitted by a variety of processes ranging from thunderstorms to cosmic rays. Natural radioactivity of Earth’s crust is a major factor particularly due to release of airborne radon gas, which can accumulate in unexpected places and thus influence and even confuse sensitive nuclear measurements. In this post I show how radon accumulation can affect measurements and what can be done to prevent it.

Setup

Induced decay of bismuth was originally proposed by Baranov and recently discussed by Marakhtanov. In my experiment I generally follow the experimental procedure and setup proposed by Baranov.

Conclusions

Natural radioactivity can easily influence results of sensitive measurements. Radioactive ions (like those originating from radon decay) are positively charged and therefore are attracted to and accumulate in areas of high negative potential. Therefore it is advisable to conduct sensitive experiments in a hermetically sealed environment and allow for 8-24 hours for the natural background in any captured gas to diminish prior to starting measurements.

Acknowledgements

I thank Ross Koningstein, Dud Femer and Sky Jelsma for helpful suggestions and help editing this post.

http://maximus.energy/index.ph…alpha-decay-acceleration/

• Compare:

a) https://www.worldscientific.co…10.1142/S0217979221300012

b) http://maximus.energy/index.ph…/bubble-fusion-revisited/

"Abstract

Three cases are reviewed of radioactive material with anomalous decay after ultrasound irradiation. In the pure element thorium-228 in distilled water, the radioactivity decreased faster after cavitation than the natural decay. The more complex molecule of Nickel Nitrate, made of radioactive nickel-63, in solution of nitric acid and distilled water was investigated before and after ultrasound irradiation. The X-rays produced by Bremsstrahlung of the electrons from the beta decay of Ni-63 were recorded and a 13% decrease of intensity was measured after 100 s of sonication. A decrease of nickel and an increase of other elements was detected by mass spectrometry in the sonicated sample. ..."

"Today I have finally got to run a very crude version of the infamous ‘bubble fusion’ experiment. This was by no means a careful replication of previous work but rather a foolhardy yet hopeful attempt to detect an interesting signal without any complexity of a ‘proper’ scientific experiment. I figured that my He-3 NEUTRON BANK 10 x 12″ and GAMMA-PRO 5″ systems are so insanely sensitive that if there is any gamma or neutron emission – I will detect it.

Observations

I did not observe any excess neutron or gamma counts correlated with cavitation. But I did observe curious systematic errors, which to an untrained or biased eye would have appeared as a genuine signal: mechanical (i.e. thoughtless) application of statistical analysis was producing P-values that indicated an unquestionable statistical significance (P < 0.000)! Yet critical analysis revealed that the apparently statistically significant signal was caused entirely by systematic errors. ...."

• ... Sky Jelsma independently replicated Santilli's neutron synthesis experiment but not his conclusions: the above-background neutron counts were caused by electrical interference from high-voltage the arc itself, the counts were indistinguishable from background once the detectors were placed inside a 3-mm thick Faraday enclosures [12]. Thus, to date Agafonov et al. [4] provides the only viable basis for expanding the search for neutrons arising from high-voltage discharges towards lower voltages ...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.