The Playground

• GOTCHA!

This is not an antivaxxer meme - but it happens if you listen to antivaxxers for more than a few hours. They say things which are internally contradictory.

Our W is not an antivaxxer - of course - but he has a habit of copying their ways of posting.

In this case the GOTCHA is Maharashtra. This is one of the few Indian states which DID incorporate ivermectin in a COVID treatment protocol. But W does not tell you this because it did not get rid of COVID.

“Not only Uttar Pradesh, governments of West Bengal, Maharashtra, and Assam too included Ivermectin in their protocol for the treatment of COVID-19,” he added.

From: https://www.financialexpress.c…-drug-has-to-say/2231596/

Yet now, W notes that Maharashtra is a problem state for COVID.

You see, you can always find excuses given the episodic nature of COVID and the many different factors that determine COVID rate. That is why the charts of states using ivermectin versus states with low COVID are so misleading. And, notice, you get even better possibly causal correlations if you include worms and just reckon it is worms that lead to COVID, etc.

In fact, any epidemiologist will tell you that geographic comparisons across countries which have varying health systems, regulation, demographics, etc are very very low quality evidence because you can never control for all the additional factors that correlate with the ones you want to determine causal relationship on. And any statistician will tell you that you can easily prove anything by looking only at real-world correlations and thinking they are causal.

W knows this - he has done maths - he understands stats and how correlations are not the same as causality. So he has no excuse for ignoring it.

A lot of the internet antivaxxers are similarly mathematically aware - it is just that they pick and choose - presenting only the things that are in line with their biases and ignoring the rest. W, alas, although obviously not an antivaxxer - is copying this behaviour precisely.

• Israel:: https://datadashboard.health.gov.il/COVID-19/general

Omicron wave now fully unfolds. Positive rate already 4x at 5%. Hospitalization of 3x vaxx (89) soon outnumbers unvaxx (92). But as expected: Death rate stays very low and currently shows no relation with vax status.

So Omicron is a gift of nature? Or fort ...?

I'm going this to add to the antivaxxer's memes as #4 - baseline fallacy and/or simpson's paradox

In this case the vulnerable get vaccinated effect causes simpson's paradox where ratios in hospital are highly misleading (some antivaxxers don't even work out the correct ratios, hence also we have baseline fallacy). That is why you need to be careful with numbers, and people say things like "lies, damn lies, and statistics"

But - hey - that has never stopped an antivaxxer and alas W seems to be copying them again.

• Who plays the most in the playground?

Don't worry - you will find many months when I leave you alone and let the "not antivaxxers but people who unaccountably propagate false antivaxxer memes" play without comment. How's #3 for you?

But any good experimental trial needs careful observation and I'm sure you would not want me to prejudice the validity of the W antivaxxer meme trial before we have definitive results?

• In case anyone thinks I'm being unkind - no-one likes being bullied. I was taught to walk away and not start fights but occasionally, for the good of all, people who consistently behave badly should have behaviour exposed.

In this thread bad behaviour (that I care about) is a set of poor posting practices that I call antivaxxer memes and am documenting. Anyone who avoids them can insult me all day long with impunity (RB - you will I'm sure be happy about that). Anyone who posts antivaxxer memes but does not repeatedly insult people will maybe be forgotten and not added to the antivaxxer meme statistics. After all, it is an effort to keep track of this stuff.

I guess this will not deter anyone who is truly an antivaxxer. They will just be glad they are propagating so many antivaxxer memes. I think though that no-one who posts here regularly is truly an antivaxxer - they are doing this stuff because of some weird difficult for them to correct mistake. Hope the feedback will help.

• Attorney Continues Fight for Release of COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Data

Attorney Continues Fight for Release of COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Data
    TrialSite last reported about attorney Aaron Siri’s Freedom of Information request for Center for Disease Control vaccine testing information on December
    trialsitenews.com

TrialSite last reported about attorney Aaron Siri’s Freedom of Information request for Center for Disease Control vaccine testing information on December 14. Now, in a December 30 essay, Mr. Siri reports on his ongoing quest representing a group of doctors and researchers to get the FDA, etc. to release the safety and efficacy data for Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. The attorney notes that his prior posts explained that claiming insufficient staff, FDA is seeking 75+ years for a full response to his FOIA request for Pfizer’s pre-license safety data. Based on this proposed delay, Siri filed a lawsuit. He also submitted another FOIA request, this on to CDC, on behalf of the Informed Consent Action Network (ICAN) asking for, “the deidentified post-licensure safety data for the Covid-19 vaccines in the CDC’s v-safe system.” CDC refused to provide this data, claiming that it was not deidentified, or sans personal health information. Facing this refusal, Siri filed another federal case against CDC and DHHS on December 28 in a bid to force the agency to provide this key data to the public. Per Siri, this should not be a problem as it was already given to Oracle in deidentified form. The lawyer asks why Larry Ellison’s firm can see the information that taxpayers paid to collect, yet “average American and independent scientists cannot?!”

What is the “v-safe” System?

According to Siri, since the COVID-19 vaccines came out, both FDA and CDC have said that VAERS, their main safety monitoring system, is not reliable. So, CDC deployed “v-safe,” a smartphone app allowing vaccinees to report side effect after getting a vaccine. The purpose of the app, “is to rapidly characterize the safety profile of COVID-19 vaccines when given outside a clinical trial setting.” CDC asserts that this new system means that the COVID-19 “vaccines are being administered under the most intensive vaccine safety monitoring effort in U.S. history.” CDC records show that the information provided to v-safe is collected and housed on a server by software database giant Oracle Corporation and that this firm can access, “aggregate deidentified data for reporting.” So, the requested information is already available in deidentified form and should be made public now, not over a 75-year period. Once the FOIA request was given to CDC, the agency admitted that, “v-safe data contains approximately 119 million medical entries” yet declined to produce the data claiming that the, “information in the app is not de-identified.” Siri appealed and put in another FOIA request asking only for deidentified data, i.e., data in the form already provided to Oracle. Amazingly, CDC declined this request as being “duplicative” of the original request, leading to the need for a lawsuit.

Who is Aaron Siri?

Aaron Siri is a founder of Siri & Glimstad, a national law firm taking on vaccine-mandate issues. TrialSite has chronicled the attorney’s ongoing efforts to support medical research transparency—fundamentally importance for the advancement of science driving health advancements not to mention health care professional and patient engagement

• So can the management explain why the Covid-19 thread was closed so that there can be thousands of posts on the subject in the Playground? Is this supposed to convince anyone that the subject is not the most active one in the forum?

To bury it out of view. Talk of Rossi, and the COVID thread are what we are most often told distracts us from our main goal of promoting LENR. Some claim they do not join, or participate, specifically because of that. On the other hand, we have many like yourself who want to talk about Rossi....and others COVID

So we settled on a happy middle ground. For those who want to find Rossi, they know where to dig. Those against, can't complain if they find where those discussions are.

• To bury it out of view. Talk of Rossi, and the COVID thread are what we are most often told distracts us from our main goal of promoting LENR. Some claim they do not join, or participate, specifically because of that. On the other hand, we have many like yourself who want to talk about Rossi....and others COVID

So we settled on a happy middle ground. For those who want to find Rossi, they know where to dig. Those against, can't complain if they find where those discussions are.

That is truly ludicrous! Thanks for the explanation though.

• So Omicron is a gift of nature? Or fort ...?

De - trick is knowing what fort you may be talking about. They have accomplished terrible but great feats in other matters, like anthrax around 9-11. As I recall.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I asked that we give the German's a break (we have many German members/2 staffers), and spread the pain around to other countries/civilizations and use their dark past for analogy.

Here's a break for the Germans : at least they are acknowledging prior infection, unlike (say) most places in Canada. So for the Germans, the extremely contagious yet mild Omicron is a special blessing because unvaccinated Germans can at least test positive for serum antibodies and be free to live as normal citizens. Even saying that sends a shiver down my spine - that participation in society is conditional upon a tiny and nuanced biological condition, the presence of very specific antibodies or presumed antibodies from a vaccine. This is now the Beastly Build Back Better world which will steamroll ahead even when Omicron crashes to near nothing by February of 2022. It's not really about health at all. (May history prove me wrong)

For those who cry foul about comparisons to Nazi Germany, please be informed that this is hardly about the death camps near the end of Nazi Germany. It is more about the 'health' and other measures that Nazi Germany implemented at first in the early 1930s and then increased to the end. (Yes Hitler was all about health and humaneness. He even won international acclaim in the 1930s for making animal cruelty illegal. See

https://news.uoguelph.ca/2014/…ncovers-nazi-animal-laws/ )

If only those people deemed non Germans were so lucky. From

Thread by @9thfloor on Thread Reader App
    Thread by @9thfloor: LAWS FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE PEOPLE On 28 February, 1933, the Decree for the Protection of People and State suspended most of the human…
    threadreaderapp.com

The ‘Holocaust’ to which the Third Reich is reduced by those who want to erase its history was preceded by 8 years of laws that so completely deprived Jews of their rights that, by the time it was implemented in 1941, no act committed against them could be considered a crime.

• No this is not one of magician’s sock puppets... right?

• In this case the GOTCHA is Maharashtra. This is one of the few Indian states which DID incorporate ivermectin in a COVID treatment protocol. But W does not tell you this because it did not get rid of COVID.

This is kind of silly. The problem with Maharashtra was that it never came down on Rajastan, Uttar Pradesh or even Delhi levels also with the death rate. Nevertheless it did outperform UK by a factor of 100!

The only 2 vaccine terror states of India are Mizoram and Kerala. That did produce about 80% of all India death during the last 3 months...All others joined teh Ivermectin group some after a very deadly delay like Tamil Nadu!

So we here do talk on totally different levels.

What we all would like to see how far Omicron can get in a country that does mass prophylaxis. We have to samples. Delhi - very crowded and Uttar Pradesh mostly country side. The two will give us highly valuable input on epidemic dynamics.

India is still on 50 deaths/day in average for 1.4 billion people what is peanuts. The higher daily reported number is because of Kerala that never did properly report the vaccine deaths (induced CoV-19) and now obviously has a very high backlog of deaths.

• The W antivaxxer memes thread has been turned into a post by the mods, which sort-of makes sense. I'll need to relink it from time to time so I can find it.

Many posts here without an addition. Excellent.

THH

• Face shields are made for idiots only. Tests did show that this fancy items speed up infection because of edge swirls that enhance the transport on the back side.....

Just a small correction. Face shields + masks makes sense in some cases. Face shields on their own are never recommended.

Face shields have been around for a long time, and protect eyes and face from splashes and larger droplets. I guess glasses might protect eyes (a bit!). If it was me I'd be ok with goggles + mask I think then decontaminate face (!).

They have a different function from masks, which protects airways from smaller droplets.

Efficacy of face shields against cough aerosol droplets from a cough simulator - PubMed
    Health care workers are exposed to potentially infectious airborne particles while providing routine care to coughing patients. However, much is not understood…
    pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

How effective is it to use only a face shield to protect from COVID-19?
    Jun 29, 2020 by Health Desk – Wearing only a face shield to prevent COVID-19 infection or spread is not recommended. Face shields alone have not been shown to…
    health-desk.org

Current covid guidance specifies masks and suggests face shields as well might be better, recommends them for some procedures (I guess ones with lots of splatter/projectile stuff. Yuk). It does not specify shields alone.

Wearing only a face shield to prevent COVID-19 infection or spread is not recommended. Face shields alone have not been shown to protect the person wearing the shield from spreading or being infected with the virus.

COVID-19 can spread through the air in very small droplets. The droplets can go around face shields at the sides or bottom. The virus can then infect the person through the nose, mouth, or eyes.

Face masks can prevent the virus from entering the nose or mouth. Clear face shields, goggles, or other eye coverings may be used to prevent the virus from entering the wearer's eyes.

There is little information about the risk of COVID-19 infection through the eyes, but scientists believe it is possible through droplets or when people touch their eyes. Researchers have studied aerosol droplets. These studies guide recommendations for face shields for healthcare workers. There is limited guidance for when or if the public should wear both face masks and face shields.

The World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that healthcare workers wear face shields along with face masks, gowns, and gloves during some medical procedures. They also recommend these measures when caring for patients with suspected, probable, or confirmed COVID-19.

In their public guidance, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have said that clear face shields, goggles, or other eye coverings should not be used alone to prevent COVID-19 infection. They also say that a face shield may be used together with a face mask for protection.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.