The Playground

• This is one of very many "possible" anti-COVID therapies where reading the reports you get completely unrealistic ideas of what is likely.

The could be here is one of maybe 20 or more could bes, and very few of them are likely to turn into real working treatments or prophylaxis. I have no idea whether this possibility is better or worse than the others.

Yes and just one of the of the studies I've posted could very well have ended this pandemic but there is no rush to trial these drugs. Vaccine vaccine vaccine. An approach that is failing worldwide to contain the virus.

• no rush to trial these drugs

There are big government repurposed drug trials in lots of countries.

You can argue about which drugs should be tested.

I would argue it is a pity we cannot have more coordination so that instead of having massive effort testing HCQ or ivermectin we spread things around and have high quality trials of lots of things. As it is each of the programs makes its own decision about what are the mots likely candidates and tests them - not surprising there is lots of duplication.

I'm not sure we can have a lot more testing because the limiting factor is people willing to be tested in places with high COVID rates. Obviously lots of places have high COVID rates now but that will not continue, and high quality trials take a long time to set up.

Maybe a high quality ongoing trial which could quickly move around the world to any location that had a high COVID rate would be helpful?

THH

• Global spread of autoimmune disease blamed on western diet

New DNA research by London-based scientists hopes to find cure for rapidly spreading conditions

Global spread of autoimmune disease blamed on western diet | Medical research | The Guardian

More and more people around the world are suffering because their immune systems can no longer tell the difference between healthy cells and invading micro-organisms. Disease defences that once protected them are instead attacking their tissue and organs.

Major international research efforts are being made to fight this trend – including an initiative at London’s Francis Crick Institute, where two world experts, James Lee and Carola Vinuesa, have set up separate research groups to help pinpoint the precise causes of autoimmune disease, as these conditions are known.

“Numbers of autoimmune cases began to increase about 40 years ago in the west,” Lee told the Observer. “However, we are now seeing some emerge in countries that never had such diseases before.

For example, the biggest recent increase in inflammatory bowel disease cases has been in the Middle East and east Asia. Before that they had hardly seen the disease.”

Autoimmune diseases range from type 1 diabetes to rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and multiple sclerosis. In each case, the immune system gets its wires crossed and turns on healthy tissue instead of infectious agents.

In the UK alone, at least 4 million people have developed such conditions, with some individuals suffering more than one. Internationally, it is now estimated that cases of autoimmune diseases are rising by between 3% and 9% a year. Most scientists believe environmental factors play a key role in this rise.

“Human genetics hasn’t altered over the past few decades,” said Lee, who was previously based at Cambridge University. “So something must be changing in the outside world in a way that is increasing our predisposition to autoimmune disease.”

This idea was backed by Vinuesa, who was previously based at the Australian National University. She pointed to changes in diet that were occurring as more and more countries adopted western-style diets and people bought more fast food.

“Fast-food diets lack certain important ingredients, such as fibre, and evidence suggests this alteration affects a person’s microbiome – the collection of micro-organisms that we have in our gut and which play a key role in controlling various bodily functions,” Vinuesa said.

“These changes in our microbiomes are then triggering autoimmune diseases, of which more than 100 types have now been discovered.”

Both scientists stressed that individual susceptibilities were involved in contracting such illnesses, ailments that also include celiac disease as well as lupus, which triggers inflammation and swelling and can cause damage to various organs, including the heart.

“If you don’t have a certain genetic susceptibility, you won’t necessarily get an autoimmune disease, no matter how many Big Macs you eat,” said Vinuesa. “There is not a lot we can do to halt the global spread of fast-food franchises. So instead, we are trying to understand the fundamental genetic mechanisms that underpin autoimmune diseases and make some people susceptible but others not. We want to tackle the issue at that level.”

This task is possible thanks to the development of techniques that now allow scientists to pinpoint tiny DNA differences among large numbers of individuals. In this way, it is possible to identify common genetic patterns among those suffering from an autoimmune disease.

“Until very recently, we just didn’t have the tools to do that, but now we have this incredible power to sequence DNA on a large scale and that has changed everything,” said Lee. “When I started doing research, we knew about half a dozen DNA variants that were involved in triggering inflammatory bowel disease. Now we know of more than 250.”

Such work lies at the core of Lee and Vinuesa’s efforts, which aim to find out how these different genetic pathways operate and unravel the many different types of disease doctors are now looking at. “If you look at some autoimmune diseases – for example, lupus – it has become clear recently there are many different versions of them, that may be caused by different genetic pathways,” said Vinuesa. “And that has a consequence when you are trying to find the right treatment.

“We have lots of potentially useful new therapies that are being developed all the time, but we don’t know which patients to give them to, because we now realise we don’t know exactly which version of the disease they have. And that is now a key goal for autoimmune research. We have to learn how to group and stratify patients so we can give them the right therapy.”

Lee also stressed that surging cases of autoimmune diseases across the world meant new treatments and drugs were now urgently needed more than ever before. “At present, there are no cures for autoimmune diseases, which usually develop in young people – while they are trying to complete their education, get their first job and have families,” he said.

“That means growing numbers of people face surgery or will have to have regular injections for the rest of their lives. It can be grim for patients and a massive strain on health services. Hence the urgent need to find new, effective treatments

• The pH Dependence of Niclosamide Solubility, Dissolution, and Morphology:

Citation:: Regarding salaries, the sole person engaged in all of the work was Professor David
    Needham PhD, DSc, employed at Duke University in the Pratt School of Engineering in the Department of
    Mechanical Engineering and Material Science.

So question: Who is allowed to research alternative drugs... Engineering Department???

• I know you like to move slow but 2 years?

• Global spread of autoimmune disease blamed on western diet

New DNA research by London-based scientists hopes to find cure for rapidly spreading conditions

All depends on child & birth. Caesarean birth without vaginal contact transfers no microbiom to the new born. May be also to early washing is already a sin.

Further children should touch and live with many different animals (Cows are great) and play in dirt...

But most live a sterile and synthetic live. I had everything and my children too but....

• US Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Two Biden Vaccine Mandates

US Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Two Biden Vaccine Mandates
    On January 7, the US Supreme Court took up challenges to two of President Biden’s key COVID-19 vaccine initiatives in a nearly four-hour oral argument.
    trialsitenews.com

On January 7, the US Supreme Court took up challenges to two of President Biden’s key COVID-19 vaccine initiatives in a nearly four-hour oral argument. The two rules under challenge are vaccine-or-test requirements for 100+ worker firms under OSHA and the Medicare provider vaccine mandate. Reporting on the oral arguments, the New York Times chimed in that same day. They noted that, while the court’s conservative majority seemed receptive to the challenge of the OSHA mandate, overall, the court appeared to see legal justification for the separate Medicare/Medicaid rule. For OSHA, the issue is whether mandating nationwide vaccination is an overbroad claim of power by the federal government. On the other hand, the Medicare rules involve facilities receiving federal funding and arguably, thereby agreeing to rules that attach to said funding. Two separate issues are 1) whether the rules exceed the federal government’s authority, and 2) whether the agencies overstepped their granted authority.

Feds Acting Despite Traditional State Power

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Neil M. Gorsuch opined that both the states and the US Congress, as opposed to the federal agency OSHA “were better situated to address the pandemic in the nation’s workplaces.” And Justice Amy Coney Barrett implied that the OSHA rule was too broad to be sustained. Justices Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh also hinted that there was no clear authority in OSHA to impose a mandate. “Our three most liberal justices offered that the rule was a reasonable reaction to a public health crisis. We know the best way to prevent spread is for people to get vaccinated,” Justice Elena Kagan opined. And Justice Stephen G. Breyer noted it was, “unbelievable that it would be in the public interest to stop these vaccinations.” While the court has upheld state vaccine mandates, it is the states that have traditionally had the power to implement public health measures.

Missouri Warns of Forcing Some Healthcare Workers to Quit

Also on January 7, Scotusblog.com offered us more court-watching updates. Lawyer Scott Keller, who represented business groups, offered to the justices that the OSHA mandate would lead to a “massive economic shift” and “billions upon billions of non-recoverable costs” for firms. Justice Elena Kagan opined that in the balance of public health vs. economic fall-out, administrative agencies were best situated to make these decisions. Yet, Chief Justice John Roberts hinted that Congress had not granted OSHA the authority to enact its test-or-vaccinate mandate. For his part, Justice Alito called the mandate, “squeezing an elephant into a mousehole.” He also pointed out that, compared to e.g., safety goggles, vaccination is a permanent condition. Specifically, as to the Medicare mandate, Justice Sotomayor said this was a valid rule under the spending clause of the US Constitution since this doctrine lets the federal authorities put conditions on funds that they dole out. Missouri deputy solicitor general Jesus Osete argued that the Medicare mandate means that “rural America will face an imminent crisis,” due to the loss of health care workers if a mandate is imposed. Kagan responded that some other employees might return to work as they feel safer, and in general sick time would be reduced.

Hyperbole From the Court…But..

In a burst of hyperbole, Justice Sotomayor claimed that there were 100,000 children in the US in “serious condition” from COVID-19. The actual CDC data shows the true number is between three to four thousand. Whether this scaremongering will be effective is unclear. Most experts are guessing that SCOTUS will uphold the Medicare rules and find that the OSHA rules exceed both federal power limits and the authority given to them by Congress.

TrialSite does acknowledge, however, that the outspoken justice is on to a possible trend: as the Omicron variant appears to morph to an upper-respiratory ailment, children and the elderly continue to face risks. In fact, multiple media report skyrocketing pediatric hospitalization due to Omicron. While Sotomayor espoused misinformation, the underlying trends may back at least, some of her concerns.

Call to Action: TrialSite will continue to follow the unfolding situation.

• “Our three most liberal justices offered that the rule was a reasonable reaction to a public health crisis. We know the best way to prevent spread is for people to get vaccinated,” Justice Elena Kagan opined.

Who did elect/instruct this fraudulent person just repeating fake science???

In fact, multiple media report skyrocketing pediatric hospitalization due to Omicron.

Same has been seen in RSA among children going to hospital for other reasons....So basically this is fake news again. RSA did confirm that there is no change for children due to Omicron!

• Who did elect/instruct this fraudulent person just repeating fake science???

Same has been seen in RSA among children going to hospital for other reasons....So basically this is fake news again. RSA did confirm that there is no change for children due to Omicron!

Supreme court justices are politically appointed in the US. I posted an article explaining how hospitals in new York are over counting Covid admissions. I suspect medicare money for Covid treatment is a driving reason.

• Swedish doctor about myocarditis

He is almost correct as usual but makes one big error all make:

What hasn’t been clear, though, is whether the risk of myocarditis after vaccination is greater than it is after infection. If the risk after infection is even greater than it is after vaccination, then a pretty good case can be made for not worrying too much about vaccine induced myocarditis, under the assumption that almost everyone who doesn’t get vaccinated is sooner or later going to get covid, and thereby be exposed to the risk of post-infection myocarditis.

Here we miss the word untreated infection!! So all these studies only work among non treated people that unluckily ("jail" the vaccine terrorists) is the wast majority. As we know 2x dose Ivermectin + the usual add-ons after first symptoms (not after PCR+..) give you a 99.99% remission after 3 days except for some very old ill folks*****... So I see no heart risk for these 99.99% treated people.

The other error most make is that more people get CoV-19 than found by tests. Based on this they believe that damage rate must be higher. But they ignore that CoV-19 is a 3 stage infection and most fight it of at stage 1 (Mucosal/nasal) where no virus do circulate inside the body. But also PCR tests deliver 50% false positive.

But most agree that CoV-19 gene therapy increases the risk of Myocarditis for age < 40 by a far to high factor.

very old ill folks***** are people that daily take 1...5 different drugs to be able to survive. But these folks believe that they are healthy....

• Rossi never needs to get out of anything. He will just start pumping something different, new version, etc.

The minions will forget all his promises of the past and focus on the next great magnificence.

He is just amazing how he gets away with it.

I hope you are right that this time is different, and he gets punished like he deserves, preferably lengthy jail time.

It all comes down to whether the

ECatSKLep works or does not work.

If it works Rossi deserves a Nobel

Prize.

• USA:: Now close to 1 mio cases/day. But deaths raising at a slow rate of about 15% for 4x cases!

Compare the maxima of the 3 days averages.

So do not believe the NYT fear monger free masons ( & J) folks.

Early Data Hints at Omicron’s Potential Toll Across America
    In the cities that were among the first to experience rapid rises in Covid cases due to Omicron, serious outcomes including I.C.U. stays and deaths are…
    www.nytimes.com

• ECatSKLep OCotSKSLTurbo, EEcaTLSGti750, CatCattE22+

Reminds me of old enigma codes.

Soon Rossi will announce on his journal that the team has discovered new properties. Orders are being put on hold as the team works out the new possibilities. A demonstration will be held and frank will announce as the curtains opens and two fluke meters sit alone, that the newest e cat will be called the sksu stealth, with a team ready to install in the dead of night so not to disturb, you won't even know it's there and start the savings. Orders are being upgraded now and new orders are now being taken. Bob green jeans claims it's possible and matt's thinks it's revolutionary and e cat world has a collective orgasm. or maybe not

• Thanks Sam for linking Kaminsky. I can see why you are confused: you do not put information together the same way that we do.

I can also see that you trust Kaminsky's views over your own, and that he is positive about Rossi.

Also, I agree with you that Kaminsky is a real expert, he is actually an electrical engineer. ….

Kaminisky seems to be a decent fellow. He does seem to be a real EE, but perhaps was very specialized or is long retired. I don’t know, and don’t mean to pick on him, but since he was Sam’s example…

Anyways, I mentioned to him, a day after the demo or so, that the wiring would become quite hot with 30-40 W dissipated from them based on Levi’s resistance measurements. Three weeks later he explained that away by calculating power as R2I and not I2R, getting 1.6 W instead of 40 W. That is a major error for an EE. I can only explain it by him ignoring his knowledge and the facts in order to support his feelings. Yes 0.4 or so ohms is a lot of resistance for the wires and probably something isn’t quite right, or the clip-on connection things are not tight or something… but let’s carry on…

He also hosted a group of EEs to watch the SKlep demo. Apparently none including himself were startled to discover a scattered mess of partly connected electronics and the hopelessly poor quality of all of the electrical measurements. I am not an electrical Engineer, but I do have over a decade of experience with diagnosis and repair of low voltage DC systems. I don’t need any of that experience to tell me that the pile of electronics was just a bunch of crap designed to distract, just like the giant cooling fins …enclosed in a box!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.