The Playground

• This is antivaxxer rule number 2: when you don't like the numbers - take different ones!

We see that the number of 80+ year olds transitioning from being not fully vaccinated to fully vaccinated from your date of July 2022 to present is meagre compared to other age groups. So the bias towards older people being fully vaccinated and skewing the numbers is clearly lessening. That you are arguing against this is weird, rather akin to Jed saying that 99 percent of the Japanese are vaccinated.

Mark U - numbers are not like Christmas presents - where you select what you like and ignore the rest.

It is not about "why not take?". It is about calculating the relevant answer.

In this case we want to know how does the ratio of unvaccinated old (= high risk) / unvaccinated young (= v low risk) change.

Your argument is that there are fewer unvaccinated old people now than before, and also fewer old unvaccinated getting vaccinated. Yes, that is why fewer people are dying. I am not arguing the numbers will go on changing. You said that this effect was less significant now than in the past. I showed it was more significant now that 6 months ago.

You are now changing the subject - to distract from your previous point being demolished.

The numbers show that (from the figures above) the ratio of unvaccinated young / unvaccinated old is larger now (a consequence of this). Therefore unvaccinated people as a group will have a lower risk - purely because of that demographic change. That fact makes unvaccinated look better versus vaccinated (than 6 months ago). You were claiming the reverse because you had not looked at the numbers.

I am sort of enjoying this insight into how antivaxxers can believe the stuff they do - but it is depressing.

How about you write down the numbers on a spreadsheet to demonstrate your point? You are wrong, so they will do the opposite. Doing it with any accuracy is complex because you need to work out numbers separately for age age bin - any grouping of bins tends to make things look worse for vaccinated than is really true because of vulnerable get vaccinated effect within the bins.

Of course, you could just pay attention to real experts who in great detail provide their workings, and when challenged respond with more detail.

• That you are arguing against this is weird, rather akin to Jed saying that 99 percent of the Japanese are vaccinated.

Not me! The Japanese Min. of Health says that. (99% excluding small children.) You are saying that you know better than the Japanese government and hospitals.

It is okay that you claim to be an omniscient world-class expert, but please stop ascribing statements by the Japanese government to me. I am not the Prime Minister or the Health Minister of Japan.

• This Shouldn’t Happen”: Inside the Virus-Hunting Nonprofit at the Center of the Lab-Leak Controversy

After just 4 days, FM1 has broken Greg Goble's record for longest post, with an extraordinary 10,416 words. However, it appears the content is all cut-and-paste from an article, shown by a link to the source with apparently identical content. So in the judgement of MFMP (me) it doesn't qualify for the Unobtanium Medal.

That said, we have decided to initiate a MFMP WBT (Wasted Bandwidth Token) with posting #7555. Because such long posts seem to never end, the token content is similarly unbounded.

Shepard/Penrose Mix-1
    A ball bounces up a Penrose staircase while a Shepard scale plays. The staircase is everlasting, and the Shepard scale creates the illusion of tones that ste...
    youtu.be

• New variants of Omicron are inevitable, but will be curable with the correct application of anti-viral drugs.

Or preventable with vaccines, for about a thousand times less money, pain and misery, when you count the cost of staying home for a week or being hospitalized. Which do you prefer? Getting sick for a week and being miserable with fever and cold, perhaps followed by a lifetime of long-haul symptoms, oxygen tanks, diminished sexual capacity, and so on? Or a vaccination that takes 10 minutes and has fewer than 1 dose in a billion serious side effects?

• After just 4 days, FM1 has broken Greg Goble's record for longest post, with an extraordinary 10,416 words. However, it appears the content is all cut-and-paste from an article, shown by a link to the source with apparently identical content. So in the judgement of MFMP (me) it doesn't qualify for the Unobtanium Medal.

That said, we have decided to initiate a MFMP WBT (Wasted Bandwidth Token) with posting #7555. Because such long posts seem to never end, the token content is similarly unbounded.

https://youtu.be/PCs1lckF5vI

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You said that this effect was less significant now than in the past. I showed it was more significant now that 6 months ago.

Rather, you think you showed the bias is more significant now than 6 months ago.

This shouldn't even have to be spelled out, but for anyone still following along:

Originally, it was older, vulnerable people getting vaccinated, and not the younger healthy people. Generally a vaccinated, older person is still more at risk of a bad Covid outcome than an unvaccinated younger person.

Thus it was understandable if a higher than expected proportion of vaccinated people were hospitalized with Covid. This is the "vulnerable get vaccinated" bias.

Now time has passed and the number of young (say under age 65!) heathy vaccinated far outnumbers the young healthy unvaccinated and older vaccinated. So : the "vulnerable get vaccinated" bias has greatly diminished. It is still there, but lessened.

• Not me! The Japanese Min. of Health says that. (99% excluding small children.) You are saying that you know better than the Japanese government and hospitals.

The Japanese government did not say that. Wyttenbach tried to give you the hint but maybe you didn't see his post. Look at where you got your 99% figure at

Japan: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    Tracking the COVID-19 outbreak, updated daily
    graphics.reuters.com

and you will see it is now showing 101.8%

It says, "Japan has administered at least 257,174,024 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 101.8% of the country’s population."

That is very different than saying 101.8% of the population is vaccinated. In fact about 80% of the population is currently vaccinated.

• The Japanese government did not say that.

You are right. I misremembered. The government said that nearly all of the elderly and vulnerable population is vaccinated. (This was on NHK TV so I don't have the exact numbers in hand.) Not young children and -- regrettably -- not enough people under age 55. That is why there are still cases, and the omicron wave has not fully subsided. However, the death rate remains very low compared to the infection rate, and compared to other countries, because vulnerable people are vaccinated. The number of vaccinated patients in the hospital is high because of the base rate fallacy, not because the vaccines do not work. They prevent most serious illness.

• Personally I would rather take anti-viral medicines than have further booster jabs simply for the reason that natural immunity to COVID, flu or minor colds is far more long-lived than vaccine - induced immunity. Both therapies are equally valid, so long as you take at least 1000 iu of vitamin D3 etc. you will not experience serious illness (on top of the vaccines).

• Personally I would rather take anti-viral medicines than have further booster jabs simply for the reason that natural immunity to COVID, flu or minor colds is far more long-lived than vaccine - induced immunity. Both therapies are equally valid, so long as you take at least 1000 iu of vitamin D3 etc. you will not experience serious illness (on top of the vaccines).

VItamin d is the key but it won't stop from getting infection. But it will help keep the infection mild. One thing about a Covid infection that I've noticed. Most recover but have lingering effects of the infection. It's like an alcoholic quiting cold turkey. You have a chemical imbalance, usually a vitamin B deficiency. Most long COVID symptoms are very similar to this. If you are vitamin d deficent Covid will attack the body thru the Microbiome lowering vitamin B levels and thus leads to long COVID. It's all about vitamin deficiencies and vitamin d is the key!

Relationships Between Vitamin D, Gut Microbiome, and Systemic Autoimmunity

Relationships Between Vitamin D, Gut Microbiome, and Systemic Autoimmunity
    There is increasing recognition of the role the microbiome plays in states of health and disease. Microbiome studies in systemic autoimmune diseases…
    www.frontiersin.org

Levels in Patients with Autoimmune Hypothyroidism and Their Correlation with Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies

Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D Levels in Patients with Autoimmune Hypothyroidism and Their Correlation with Anti-Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies
    Background: This study was designed to investigate the vitamin D (vit-D) and vitamin B12 (vit-B12) levels and their correlation with anti-thyroid peroxidase…
    www.karger.com

• Remdesivir doesn't work yet still a go to drug in hospitalized Covid patient in US. Why???

Remdesivir for the treatment of hospitalised patients with COVID-19: final results from the DisCoVeRy randomised, controlled, open-label trial

Remdesivir for the treatment of hospitalised patients with COVID-19: final results from the DisCoVeRy randomised, controlled, open-label trial
    Background The antiviral efficacy of remdesivir is still controversial. We aimed at evaluating its clinical effectiveness in hospitalised patients with…
    www.medrxiv.org

Abstract

Background The antiviral efficacy of remdesivir is still controversial. We aimed at evaluating its clinical effectiveness in hospitalised patients with COVID-19, with indication of oxygen and/or ventilator support. Following prior publication of preliminary results, here we present the final results after completion of data monitoring.

Methods In this European multicentre, open-label, parallel-group, randomised, controlled trial (DisCoVeRy, NCT04315948; EudraCT2020-000936-23), participants were randomly allocated to receive usual standard of care (SoC) alone or in combination with remdesivir, lopinavir/ritonavir, lopinavir/ritonavir and IFN-β-1a, or hydroxychloroquine. Adult patients hospitalised with COVID-19 were eligible if they had clinical evidence of hypoxemic pneumonia, or required oxygen supplementation. Exclusion criteria included elevated liver enzyme, severe chronic kidney disease, any contra-indication to one of the studied treatments or their use in the 29 days before randomization, or use of ribavirin, as well as pregnancy or breast-feeding. Here, we report results for remdesivir + SoC versus SoC alone. Remdesivir was administered as 200 mg infusion on day 1, followed by once daily infusions of 100 mg up to 9 days, for a total duration of 10 days. It could be stopped after 5 days if the participant was discharged. Treatment assignation was performed via web-based block randomisation stratified on illness severity and administrative European region. The primary outcome was the clinical status at day 15 measured by the WHO 7-point ordinal scale, assessed in the intention-to-treat population.

Findings Between March 22nd, 2020 and January 21st, 2021, 857 participants were randomised to one of the two arms in 5 European countries and 843 participants were included for the evaluation of remdesivir (control, n=423; remdesivir, n=420).

At day 15, the distribution of the WHO ordinal scale was as follow in the remdesivir and control groups, respectively: Not hospitalized, no limitations on activities: 62/420 (14.8%) and 72/423 (17.0%); Not hospitalized, limitation on activities: 126/420 (30%) and 135/423 (31.9%); Hospitalized, not requiring supplemental oxygen: 56/420 (13.3%) and 31/423 (7.3%); Hospitalized, requiring supplemental oxygen: 75/420 (17.9%) and 65/423 (15.4%); Hospitalized, on non-invasive ventilation or high flow oxygen devices: 16/420 (3.8%) and 16/423 (3.8%); Hospitalized, on invasive mechanical ventilation or ECMO: 64/420 (15.2%) and 80/423 (18.9%); Death: 21/420 (5%) and 24/423 (5.7%). The difference between treatment groups was not statistically significant (OR for remdesivir, 1.02, 95% CI, 0.62 to 1.70, P=0.93). There was no significant difference in the occurrence of Serious Adverse Events between treatment groups (remdesivir, n=147/410, 35.9%, versus control, n=138/423, 32.6%, p=0.29).

Interpretation Remdesivir use for the treatment of hospitalised patients with COVID-19 was not associated with clinical improvement at day 15.

• Long Covid patient in Cambridge tells how simple treatment took her from being almost paralysed to riding a bike in days

Long Covid patient in Cambridge tells how simple treatment took her from being almost paralysed to riding a bike in days
    Adelina Chalmers thought she was dying - and then examined her blood test results.
    www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk

Unable to bear the thought of spending the rest of her life feeling so sick, the businesswoman decided to ask to see her test results.

“I wanted to look at the data,” says Adelina. “And when I saw the results I realised not only was my folate level only 0.01 in the normal range, my ferritin (iron) was just three points within the normal range. So everything was on the edge of normal and it wasn’t normal for me.”

Realising she was at the end of the road with her GP after being told there was nothing wrong, Adelina contacted the Cambridge Iron Clinic at the Nuffield Hospital and met with consultant Dr Andrew Klein to find out whether her iron levels were causing her symptoms.

There, Dr Klein confirmed that her levels of iron and B12 were dangerously low and gave her an iron infusion as well as ordering her regular B12 injections.

• Personally I would rather take anti-viral medicines than have further booster jabs simply for the reason that natural immunity to COVID, flu or minor colds is far more long-lived than vaccine - induced immunity.

To make it clear once more:: 4th Pfizer booster is damaging and increases your risk for getting CoV-19 10x to go to hospital 3x. Also the mortality is larger after the Pfizer booster.

If you want to have a kind of booster please choose:: Novavax > J&J > half dose of Moderna.

• קורונה - לוח בקרה

Israel:: The boostered/vaxx die at higher rate from Omicron than unvaxx.... Seems to be an effect of BA.2.

UK:: Airlines had to shut down hundreds of flights as 2x/3x vaxxed personal contained Omicron....

Week 13 report :: https://assets.publishing.serv…llance-report-week-13.pdf

Things get worse and worse (UK) for vaccinated only already 3x death rate among age 80+ if we calculate in the recovered rate of >70% now!

Today:: Vaccination (Pfizer) is the best way to kill yourself and your business...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.