The Playground

• Australia’s Record COVID-19 Death Count Mounts Yet Politicians Act Like Everything Normal

Australia’s Record COVID-19 Death Count Mounts Yet Politicians Act Like Everything Normal
    The heavily vaccinated Australian population continues to struggle with record surges of deaths associated with the novel coronavirus. But how could that be…
    www.trialsitenews.com

The heavily vaccinated Australian population continues to struggle with record surges of deaths associated with the novel coronavirus. But how could that be the case with nearly the entire population vaccinated? While the COVID-19 vaccines do not stop infection nor viral transmission, they have been shown to at least, reduce serious disease and death. Yet as TrialSite has chronicled, in heavily vaccinated nations from South Korea to New Zealand and Australia, the deaths associated with COVID-19 continue to soar. Now, the mainstream press in Australia acknowledges the growing breakthrough COVID—19 hospitalizations and death toll yet doesn’t raise any critical questions.

• they have reported it. It's been added to adverse events

Yes of course. If they had not been reported, we wouldn't know about them. However, what I meant was, these adverse events have been investigated and shown to be coincidental. Not caused by the vaccine.

With any vaccine, the number of coincidental adverse effects and deaths far exceeds the number of effects caused by the vaccine. It can be difficult to establish causality. This is done mainly by two methods. First, you look for an elevated number of adverse events compared to a control group. Second, you look for some sort of plausible medical connection between the vaccine and the event. Both of these steps have been taken. No elevated number of events or deaths has been found for the COVID vaccines. No clinically plausible connection has been found except for a small number of blood clots with one type and the transient heart problems. These are so exceedingly rare they did not produce a statistically significant increase in serious adverse events or death. Even though they did not, the doctors found the problems and confirmed them anyway, using the latter method (the medical connection). So, both methods work, which should give you confidence.

There is no doubt that if a significant number of people suffered serious adverse events or deaths, an anomalous increase in deaths would show up in the statistics (method 1). That is reliable. The numbers are carefully monitored, and there are many good control groups from the years before the pandemic. You have to have a control group for each age group and for various comorbidities. Such data has been collected in the U.S., Europe and Japan. All those years of squirreling away medical data has paid off!

Of course there are mild adverse events, noted in the handout they give you with the vaccination, such as a sore arm, a slight fever, or just feeling bad for a few days. Many vaccines produce such effects. Doctors and patients have been more conscientious reporting these for the COVID vaccines than for other types such as zoster. The zoster vaccine knocked me on my butt twice. I spent most of the day in bed with a fever both times. But I did not bother reporting it because the handout with the vaccine said that often happens, so I didn't worry about it. If the COVID vaccine had done that I might have reported it.

The half-life of problems from the COVID vaccines for a given age group is the same as the half-life for zoster and influenza vaccines, which indicates it is not producing anomalously high side effects. The number of deaths for all three vaccines among people age 65 and over is far lower than the background deaths for this age group. See:

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2202/2202.04204.pdf

• I think you are jumping the gun they are investigating these adverse events but have not ruled out the vaccine. I also don't think blindness is minor adverse event!

What do we know about eye problems related to COVID-19 vaccines?

What do we know about eye problems related to COVID-19 vaccines?
    Dec 21, 2021 by Health Desk – Currently, there is no established causal link that connects mRNA COVID-19 vaccines to blindness or other eye problems. However,…
    health-desk.org

One systematic review of multiple studies, case reports, and letters found that "ocular manifestations" (an eye condition that directly or indirectly results from a disease process in another part of the body) after receiving COVID-19 vaccines may appear on the eyelid, cornea and ocular surface, retina, uvea, nerve, and vessel. The ocular manifestations occurred up to forty-two days after vaccination, and vaccine-induced immunologic responses could be responsible.

The UK's Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) reporting system known as the Yellow Card Scheme has had 132 self-reported cases of blindness and 6,682 overall eye disorders reported since vaccine rollouts began across about 51 million people.

• No elevated number of events or deaths has been found for the COVID vaccines. No clinically plausible connection has been found except for a small number of blood clots with one type and the transient heart problems. These are so exceedingly rare they did not produce a statistically significant increase in serious adverse events or death.

I take that back. Some sources say these events are very rare in young people, so they were statistically significant in that age group. Not in the general population.

Needless to say, blood clots are a far more likely to be caused by COVID than by the vaccines.

• I think you are jumping the gun they are investigating these adverse events but have not ruled out the vaccine. I also don't think blindness is minor adverse event!

I am sure they have ruled them out. There would be an announcement otherwise. All of the adverse events that might be caused by COVID have been reported as such. That includes serious adverse events such as blood clots, and expected, minor events such as a low fever.

Obviously, blindness is not a minor event, but it was not caused by the vaccine. Death is not a minor event. Thousands of people have died with days of getting the vaccine. However, none of them died because of the vaccine. It was a coincidence. The number who died was no larger than a control group of people who did not get the vaccine prior to 2020.

There is some confusion because the number of people per capita who die after a COVID vaccine is much larger than the number of people who die after getting a polio vaccine. That is because polio vaccines are given to small children. They are healthy. They die at the rate of 13.7 per 100,000 per year. The COVID vaccines have not been given to small children. On the contrary, the largest group they were given to is elderly adults. They die at the rate 4,997.0 per 100,000 per year, 365 times higher.

Children:

FastStats
    FastStats is an official application from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and puts access…
    www.cdc.gov

Adults:

FastStats
    FastStats is an official application from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) and puts access…
    www.cdc.gov

You have compare similar age groups and similar levels of comorbidities to establish whether the number dying after COVID vaccines is higher than other vaccines -- or higher than no vaccine at all in a normal year. This is not a normal year. People getting no COVID vaccine since 2020 are dying at much higher rates than people vaccinated for COVID, as you see in this data from Northern Ireland:

• big brother, excuse me, the CDC is spying on you, tracking your movements

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Bad news for 80+ : partly vaxed is slightly worse than unvaxed, and even fully vaxed is ;osing effectiveness.

Also, the look of the 'all adults' category isn't exactly going to cause a stampede to get vaccinated.

We should remember that the counting method has been rigged to make the vaccines look better. Those dying within two weeks of their vaccine are put in the previous category. So a person who gets their first vaccine and dies a week later is counted as an unvaccinated death, and so on. The two week window after the vaccine is also the time of heightened vulnerability to infection.

What remains to be seen are the 'non specific' (non Covid) deaths as they relate to Covid vaccine status. For instance the DTP vaccines in Africa were lessening childhood deaths due to diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis, but those who received those vaccines were dying at many times the rate of those who didn't get the vaccine. The recent Danish paper hints there may be similar issues with the mRNA vaccines, but this needs further work.

• Pregnancy outcomes for the 270 pregnancies were reported as spontaneous abortion (23), outcome pending (5), premature birth with neonatal death, spontaneous abortion with intrauterine death (2 each), spontaneous abortion with neonatal death, and normal outcome (1 each). No outcome was provided for 238 pregnancies.

Right.

Those figures make it seem as though COVID vaccines are a miracle drug reducing spontaneous abortions - but I doubt they are directly comparable. You'd need the details.

Oh - but this is TSN - they don't bother with proper evaluation or indeed anything that comes under the heading of science.

New Research Shows Most Human Pregnancies End in Miscarriage
    It's treated as a taboo subject, but miscarriages of pregnancy happen a lot.
    www.sciencealert.com

Miscarriage rates by week
    The chance of a miscarriage, or a pregnancy loss, decreases after the first trimester. In this article, learn more about average miscarriage rates by week.
    www.medicalnewstoday.com

The categories here are so loose, and the details (how are the pregnancies selected - because they would not likely be intentional) comparison is impossible

• The lag between vaccine and effectiveness is real.
    The lag between exposure and infection is real.
    The window between vaccine and adverse reaction is real.

I don't see it as "rigged" to set a specific number-of-days to discriminate these in population-wide statistics.

It's done all the time .. eg the "XXX50" threshold for minimum infective dose.

You'll win some, and lose some in any category.

The alternative would be to use some kind of probability ramp. (The implications for calculating the 'efficacy' etc is beyond my skills).

• big brother, excuse me, the CDC is spying on you, tracking your movements

On a positive note, I think it was True the Vote who purchased cell phone location data to see if there was unusual activity around ballot boxes in late 2020. (Perhaps it wasn't just Thanksgiving produce that was being harvested.)

We already know from mainstream reporting that gobs of money poured into cities from private big tech companies to, ahem, help the 2020 election process along.

• One systematic review of multiple studies, case reports, and letters found that "ocular manifestations" (an eye condition that directly or indirectly results from a disease process in another part of the body) after receiving COVID-19 vaccines may appear on the eyelid, cornea and ocular surface, retina, uvea, nerve, and vessel. The ocular manifestations occurred up to forty-two days after vaccination, and vaccine-induced immunologic responses could be responsible.

The UK's Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) reporting system known as the Yellow Card Scheme has had 132 self-reported cases of blindness and 6,682 overall eye disorders reported since vaccine rollouts began across about 51 million people.

Well the wonder of new drugs is that almost anything could be possible, as with new vaccines. Certainly worth watching.

The overall figures look about what you'd expect from background to me - alas i don't have the background rates or any comparison. Without that they are meaningless: a rate of 1 : 100,000 is so low that you hit an awful lot of unusual background disease!

Regardless of whether the connection is causal or not, current data suggests that the incidence rate of ocular symptoms is considerably lower in vaccinated subjects than in COVID-19 patients, particularly among children. One study showed nearly one in four children treated for COVID-19 at a Chinese hospital in early 2020 had mild eye problems, including eye discharge, conjunctivitis (pink eye), eye rubbing, eye pain, and eyelid swelling. Corneal nerve damage has been associated with “long COVID” and stroke as a result of COVID-19.

Of course that proves nothing as well. To get a better idea of which risk is higher at these 1:100,000 rates you would need much more info than is given here and probably then it would still be difficult to make the comparison.

• I don't see it as "rigged" to set a specific number-of-days to discriminate these in population-wide statistics.

It's done all the time .. eg the "XXX50" threshold for minimum infective dose.

Are you implying that the non counting in the two week period following vaccination is par for the course for other vaccines?

I've only heard of this happening for the Covid vaccines, but I don't get out much.

To me it's a no brainer that if you got vaccinated yesterday you should be counted as currently vaccinated. Keep it simple.

This is about vaccination status, not antibody status, which will vary from person to person.

Otherwise, yeah, it's rigged to make the vaccine look better.

• i think you make light of this. You really should change your name to Moredata. As for eye and Covid, again vitamin d explains those symptoms

• Are you implying that the non counting in the two week period following vaccination is par for the course for other vaccines?

I've only heard of this happening for the Covid vaccines, but I don't get out much.

To me it's a no brainer that if you got vaccinated yesterday you should be counted as currently vaccinated. Keep it simple.

One (good) reason for not counting the first 2 weeks is that you get several effects, all difficult to evaluate:

(1) Wellness effect. Ill people cancel vaccine appointments so your figures are artificially good

(2) Prior-exposure effect. You get false positives cases from this, making figures artifically bad.

(3) Vaccination centre pickup effect. (bad). Especially for people doing their best to keep clean, going to a vaccination centre represents a high risk. One possible reason for this being higher than normal is (4).

(4) My friend's caught COVID effect. (bad). Not surprisingly, knowing somone who has just caught COVID can spur people to sign up and get vaccinated. Unfortunately they are then at higher risk than normal of incubating COVID themselves. COVID, with its "mots infectious before symptoms start" behaviour is particularly good at generating such effects.

There is nothing underhand about this. Listen to Mark U and every single thing done related to vaccines is part of some sinister plot. In this case I cannot see anything sinister. And Mark's war-cry "its a no-brainer - keep it simple" is the cry of the antivaxxers. They get their false statistics from rubbish simplification. And it plays well on Facebook.

• I've only heard of this happening for the Covid vaccines, but I don't get out much

Have you data on any other other vaccine tests that do count from hour one of vaccine? Why would you expect to have heard of other ones that don't? It is a pretty arcane but of medical trial methodology.

I'd expect the errors (in both directions) to be there for any vaccine of a disease that had a high prevalence in the population, where the tests are short in time. Maybe they would not bother for long-term tests of low-incidence diseases because any first few weeks effects would be swamped by the length of the trial.

• Telomere-length dependent T-cell clonal expansion: A model linking ageing to COVID-19 T-cell lymphopenia and mortality

DEFINE_ME

Summary

Background

Severe COVID-19 T-cell lymphopenia is more common among older adults and entails poor prognosis. Offsetting the decline in T-cell count during COVID-19 demands fast and massive T-cell clonal expansion, which is telomere length (TL)-dependent.

Methods

We developed a model of TL-dependent T-cell clonal expansion capacity with age and virtually examined the relation of T-cell clonal expansion with COVID-19 mortality in the general population.

Findings

The model shows that an individual with average hematopoietic cell TL (HCTL) at age twenty years maintains maximal T-cell clonal expansion capacity until the 6th decade of life when this capacity rapidly declines by more than 90% over the next ten years. The collapse in the T-cell clonal expansion capacity coincides with the steep increase in COVID-19 mortality with age.

Interpretation

Short HCTL might increase vulnerability of many older adults, and some younger individuals with inherently short HCTL, to COVID-19 T-cell lymphopenia and severe disease.

And the answer is

Vitamin D crucial to activating immune defenses

https://www.sciencedaily.com/r…ections%20in%20the%20body.

Scientists at the University of Copenhagen have discovered that Vitamin D is crucial to activating our immune defenses and that without sufficient intake of the vitamin, the killer cells of the immune system -- T cells -- will not be able to react to and fight off serious infections in the body.

• Short HCTL might increase vulnerability of many older adults, and some younger individuals with inherently short HCTL, to COVID-19 T-cell lymphopenia and severe disease.

And the answer is

Vitamin D crucial to activating immune defenses

https://www.sciencedaily.com/r…ections%20in%20the%20body.

Scientists at the University of Copenhagen have discovered that Vitamin D is crucial to activating our immune defenses and that without sufficient intake of the vitamin, the killer cells of the immune system -- T cells -- will not be able to react to and fight off serious infections in the body.

I wish it were!

Who can spot the logical flaw in this argument?

• We should remember that the counting method has been rigged to make the vaccines look better.

No, they are not a bit rigged. Anyone who has read about them understands why the numbers are presented this way.

Those dying within two weeks of their vaccine are put in the previous category.

Obviously because it takes two weeks for the vaccines to work. It take two weeks for any vaccine to work. Every time you get one, the doctor or nurse tells you this.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.