The Playground

• The SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Activates the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor-Mediated Signaling

The SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Activates the Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor-Mediated Signaling
    Objectives The coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) pandemic is caused by the novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). At the molecular…
    www.biorxiv.org

Abstract

Objectives The coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) pandemic is caused by the novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). At the molecular and cellular levels, the SARS-Cov-2 uses its envelope glycoprotein, the spike S protein, to infect the target cells in the lungs via binding with their transmembrane receptor, the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2). Here, we wanted to invesitgate if other molecular targets and pathways may be used by SARS-Cov-2.

Methods We investigated the possibility for the spike 1 S protein and its receptor-binding domain (RBD) to target the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and its downstream signaling pathway in vitro using the lung cancer cell line (A549 cells). Protein expression and phosphorylation was examined upon cell treatment with the recombinant full spike 1 S protein or RBD.

Results We demonstrate for the first time the activation of EGFR by the Spike 1 protein associated with the phosphorylation of the canonical ERK1/2 and AKT kinases and an increase of survivin expression controlling the survival pathway.

Conclusions Our study suggests the putative implication of EGFR and its related signaling pathways in SARS-CoV-2 infectivity and Covid-19 pathology. This may open new perspectives in the treatment of Covid-19 patients by targeting EGFR.

The Vitamin D, IL-6 and the eGFR Markers a Possible Way to Elucidate the Lung–Heart–Kidney Cross-Talk in COVID-19 Disease: A Foregone Conclusion

The Vitamin D, IL-6 and the eGFR Markers a Possible Way to Elucidate the Lung–Heart–Kidney Cross-Talk in COVID-19 Disease: A Foregone Conclusion
    Background: Based on recent findings, we speculated the existence of the lung, heart, and kidney axis as the main pathway for the COVID-19 disease progression.…
    www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

. The study group included COVID-19 affected patients (PP n = 80), the first control group included patients with different pathologies (non-COVID-19 NNp n = 62) of the SG Moscati Hospital, and the second control group included healthy individuals (NNh n = 43). The core of the current trial was focused on assessing the level of the vitamin D (serum 25(OH) D concentration), IL-6, and the renal glomerular filtrate (eGFR) in COVID-19 disease and non-COVID-19 patients in both groups. Results: It was observed that the majority of COVID-19-infected patients showed a progressive multi-organ involvement, especially in regard to the lung, kidney, and heart. The majority of the COVID-19 patients exhibited preexisting comorbidities which include cardiovascular, respiratory, and renal disorders accompanied by a severely low level of vitamin D, extremely high level of IL-6, and low glomerular filtration rate (eGFR). The significant overall damages exerted by the immune-mediated responses under the hyper-expression of proinflammatory cytokines and interleukins, such as IL-6, may be facilitated by either a decreased level of vitamin D or the ageing process. The reduced presence of vitamin D was often found together with a reduced functionality of renal activity, as revealed by the low eGFR, and both were seen to be concomitant with an increased mortality risk in patients with lung disorders and heart failure (HF), whether it is showed at baseline or it develops during manifestation of COVID-19. Therefore, the documentation of the modifiable risk factors related to SARS-CoV-2 and lung impairment in older patients with kidney and heart disease may help the clinician to better manage the situation. Conclusions: This paper addresses how a low level of vitamin D and older age may be indicative of systemic worsening in patients with COVID-19, with a goal of providing a broader context in which to view a better therapeutic approach

• Possible links between vaccine adverse reactions and long Covid:

In rare cases, coronavirus vaccines may cause Long Covid–like symptoms
    Brain fog, headaches, blood pressure swings are being probed by NIH and other researchers
    www.science.org

This article sites this as well as others:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcibr2113694

"The pathogenesis of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection is incompletely understood, with its effects on multiple organ systems1 and the syndrome of “long Covid” occurring long after the resolution of infection.2 The development of multiple efficacious vaccines has been critical in the control of the pandemic, but their efficacy has been limited by the appearance of viral variants, and the vaccines can be associated with rare off-target or toxic effects, including allergic reactions, myocarditis, and immune-mediated thrombosis and thrombocytopenia in some healthy adults. Many of these phenomena are likely to be immune-mediated.3 How can we understand this diversity in immune responses in different persons?"

• And maybe "time" as a wave

• Fraudulent Trial On Ivermectin Published By The World's Top Medical Journal. Big Pharma Reigns - Part 2

The New England Journal of Medicine published the fraudulent TOGETHER trial, designed and conducted to launch anti-ivermectin headlines across every major media outlet across the world.

Fraudulent Trial On Ivermectin Published By The World's Top Medical Journal. Big Pharma Reigns - Part 2
    The New England Journal of Medicine published the fraudulent TOGETHER trial, designed and conducted to launch anti-ivermectin headlines across every major…
    pierrekory.substack.com

In part I of my post on the TOGETHER trial of ivermectin, I presented the context of this trial within Big Pharma’s decades-long Disinformation campaign against “science inconvenient to their interests.” I argued that no science has ever been a greater threat to Pharma than the massive efficacy data of the generic drug ivermectin in COVID-19. I detailed how they have long deployed “studies designed or conducted to fail” and/or “studies manipulated to show positive results.” They do both. Repeatedly. They then publish these studies in a small number of captured high-impact scientific journals which influence the captured media and then are recommended for or against by captured health agencies.

• No evidence for that! No government has asked for (and volunteered to pay for) for the tweaked versions yet - because they think the original works well enough. It costs.

I read in the New York Times (I think it was) that the industry people and the governments discussed the option of making a new vaccine better targeted to the latest variants. They decided not to, because it would interrupt production, and they decided that it would save more lives to produce lots more of the present vaccine than a smaller number of somewhat more effective vaccines.

Maybe the decision was actually about money, but that's not what they said.

I cannot judge whether this strategy would actually save more lives, but at the time of the decision, the third world was severely lacking in vaccines, especially India. India has since vaccinated ~70% of the population, which drove both infections and deaths way down . . . so perhaps the strategy worked?

India: the latest coronavirus counts, charts and maps
    Tracking the COVID-19 outbreak, updated daily
    graphics.reuters.com

• Possible links between vaccine adverse reactions and long Covid:

There were stories that getting a vaccine might help with long haul symptoms.

This woman, who had a bad bout of Covid in early 2020, then long haul symptoms, got the vaccine with some hope it would help. It didn't turn out well ....

https://www.realnotrare.com/post/neguine-niktash

Q: What was your life like before you got the vaccine?

Working as a musical artist/musician, music teacher and music therapist. I was relatively healthy, had some health concerns but nothing major. I did get the first strain of covid in March 2020. I had long haul symptoms, but nothing like what I have been experiencing for the past year now since these vaccines.

Q: Would you like to share your reasons for getting vaccinated?

I read articles about people recovering from long covid shortly after being vaccinated. I thought I would be a lucky one too. I should have listened to my gut feeling about getting that second dose.

Q: What was your reaction, symptoms, & timeline?

With the first dose, I felt regular flu symptoms and just unwell within the first few days. I did have a few episodes of palpitations and dizziness, but did not think much about it being a result of any vaccine issues. The 2nd dose was what really took me down. Within the first 15 minutes I felt a sinking feeling in my heart followed by butterflies. I thought it was my anxiety so I took a Lorazepam. About a week to 10 days later I had all sorts of issues from really bad palpitations, lightheadedness, dizziness, to shortness of breath, confusion, POTS symptoms, chest pains, arrhythmia, premature ventricular beats, feeling like I was having a heart attack or stroke many times, pulsing or feeling my heartbeat in my back, throughout my whole body, major fatigue, acid reflux, indigestion, adrenaline surges, crazy blood pressure spikes, burning in my veins and limbs, calf and muscle pains, horrible skin rashes, tinnitus. Some of these symptoms lasted for 6-7 months straight. As if these symptoms were not bad enough I started having really strange and painful neurological/nervous system issues two to three months after. These symptoms included nerve pains, burning and itchiness in limbs that spread throughout my body, bladder issues (urinary incontinence), sleep issues, nightmares, insomnia that lasted at least a month until they gave me an anxiety medication to help with sleep, brain fog, feeling like I have Alzheimer’s or Dementia, vertigo, brain zaps, worsening calf and muscle pains, tremors two night in a row, headaches, spasms throughout my body, pins and needles, numbness and tingling in limbs and fingers upon waking up, stroke like symptoms (left sided numbness and pain from my arm down to my legs, numbness and tingling on right side of my body), fuzzy feeling in my head, chronic pain, and hair loss. 1 year later post vaccines and I still have many of these symptoms. I notice they get worse with stress or doing activities without pacing. Every day is unknown. I wake up not knowing what other symptoms I will experience next. Some things come and go, some have stayed, some have worsened. Now I have intense pains from my lower back down to my feet, which I need to do more vascular and neurological tests for. I am pretty sure I have more issues that I forgot to mention. I wonder how I am still alive.

Q: What is your life like now, after getting the vaccine?

It is a living nightmare. I never imagined going downhill like this. I thought I was going to get better. I practically live in the clinic or hospitals. I wish I knew what these debilitating side effects would be. I would have never gone near those vaccines if I had known.

Q: Share your experience with any medical care and any diagnoses you have received:

My doctors keep saying this is my anxiety or stress related. Never in my 34 years of living have I ever had these kinds of symptoms. This is not anxiety and it is not made up! This stuff is real and I am tired of doctors gaslighting us.

Q: Was your reaction reported, and what was the response?

No where yet, I am too focused on trying to heal and get better first. I have only told the doctors about it, but they, like many people do not believe in vaccine injuries.

Q: Is there anything that has helped, and have your symptoms improved?

Music and writing music about my experience, swimming or being in water, nature, acupuncture, taking 4 meds for high blood pressure, palpitations and anxiety/depression. To be honest the meds still are not helping much. That should be a red flag to doctors that something is clearly wrong and this is not due to anxiety or stress

Q: Have you had Covid before? What was your experience if so?

I have, in March 2020. It was a terrible experience and my CPAP machine saved my life, but those long haul symptoms I have had were nothing compared to what I am dealing with now due to the vaccines.

• So it looks like the damage done by COVID infection as I thought cannot be reversed by vaccines. If this poor lady had been put on high doses of Vitamin D3 and other antiviral drugs at the time she might have made a full recovery. Instead the vaccines are obviously killing her. This is an outrage!

• Yesterday the FDA denied an EUA for the use of fluvoxamine by a group of physicians saying they dont agree with the together trial conclusions. Yet accept the together trial conclusions on ivermectin.

One of those doctors, the University of Minnesota infectious disease physician David Boulware, criticized the FDA’s rejection, telling STAT it was “inconsistent.”

Dr David boulevard is running the activ6 trial. I think he knows what he is talking about!!!

FDA: fluvoxamine doesn’t treat COVID-19 — and here’s 27 pages why

FDA: fluvoxamine doesn’t treat COVID-19 — and here’s 27 pages why
    That transparency isn’t normal.
    www.theverge.com

• Pay attention Huxley!

The potential role of vitamin D supplementation as a gut microbiota modifier in healthy individuals

Discussion

In this study we aimed to characterize changes in the gut microbiota of vitamin D-deficient female volunteers following 12 weeks of vitamin D supplementation. In addition, we wanted to assess whether any characteristics of the gut microbiota were linked with the response to vitamin D supplementation. We found that vitamin D supplementation increased the overall diversity of the gut microbiota, and in particular the increased the relative abundance of Bacteroidetes and decreased the relative abundance of Firmicutes. A high ratio of Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes has been correlated with obesity51 and other diseases52,53,54; while conversely a prebiotic intervention that decreased the Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes ratio resulted in improvements to gut permeability, metabolic endotoxemia and inflammation55. Alongside the results of a recent pilot study29, our data solidify the proposed link between Vitamin D supplementation and decreased Firmicutes to Bacteroidetes ratio, which is associated with improved gut health54.

• So they are trying to push fluvoxamine which is a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor used for treating depression. Agreed it has no anti-viral or antibiotic activity. Again this is another example of the drug companies treating the 'effects of the COVID' rather than treating the cause (SARS-2-CORONAVIRUS). The only reason they tried pushing it on the public is the first three letters in its chemical name ie 'flu'. Same difference with the 'tamiflu' scandal.

• So they are trying to push fluvoxamine which is a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor used for treating depression. Agreed it has no anti-viral or antibiotic activity. Again this is another example of the drug companies treating the 'effects of the COVID' rather than treating the cause (SARS-2-CORONAVIRUS). The only reason they tried pushing it on the public is the first three letters in its chemical name ie 'flu'. Same difference with the 'tamiflu' scandal.

You have it backwards doc.

Fluvoxamine: A Review of Its Mechanism of Action and Its Role in COVID-19

Fluvoxamine: A Review of Its Mechanism of Action and Its Role in COVID-19
    Fluvoxamine is a well-tolerated, widely available, inexpensive selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that has been shown in a small, double-blind,…
    www.frontiersin.org

Fluvoxamine is a well-tolerated, widely available, inexpensive selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that has been shown in a small, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study to prevent clinical deterioration of patients with mild coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Fluvoxamine is also an agonist for the sigma-1 receptor, through which it controls inflammation. We review here a body of literature that shows important mechanisms of action of fluvoxamine and other SSRIs that could play a role in COVID-19 treatment. These effects include: reduction in platelet aggregation, decreased mast cell degranulation, interference with endolysosomal viral trafficking, regulation of inositol-requiring enzyme 1α-driven inflammation and increased melatonin levels, which collectively have a direct antiviral effect, regulate coagulopathy or mitigate cytokine storm, which are known hallmarks of severe COVID-19.

• So it looks like the damage done by COVID infection as I thought cannot be reversed by vaccines. If this poor lady had been put on high doses of Vitamin D3 and other antiviral drugs at the time she might have made a full recovery. Instead the vaccines are obviously killing her. This is an outrage!

Immune response is so variable from person to person and from circumstance to circumstance that it's near impossible to be definitive in any direction. I don't find it unbelievable that some people after contracting Covid and who develop some kind of long haul, autoimmune type disorders might get some relief from the vaccine. Who knows, the vaccine may offer a distraction and diversion to the immune system that otherwise is busy attacking the body's own cells.

What is weird to me is the blithe acceptance of the 'one size fits all' mentality of mandating vaccines on everyone, as if they were safe for all and actually needed by all, never mind the violation of personal and societal freedom. It's like some kind of thought worm parasite has infected society and it can't free itself. As an example : Our provincial elections are coming up soon, and the (nonincumbent) Ontario Liberal Party has recently made an election promise : to put the Covid vaccine on the mandatory childhood vaccine schedule. This is disturbing in itself since we know that vast majority of children are not in danger of Covid and because the post Delta variants are relatively mild, and because most children have already been infected, and because the vaccine can indeed cause injury. We also know that getting a vaccine on the childhood schedule confers protection to the vaccine maker from liability for vaccine injuries to children *and* adults. (This makes it likely that the Liberal Party has a cozy relationship with big pharma.) But most disturbing may be this : future Liberal policy is often dictated by polling results, which may mean that the majority of people polled (if they were) actually favour mandatory Covid vaccinations for children.

These days, my working assumption is that the majority of Canadians remain under a media - induced spell.

• >What is weird to me is the blithe acceptance of the 'one size fits all' mentality of mandating vaccines on everyone

That hasn't happened here in the UK. There was a "one size fits all" messaging but that's as expected for public health matters.

My daughter will soon be 12 but had covid a few months ago. There is basically no medical reason for her to have the vaccine ...but it will likely be more convenient for travel. I will not pressure her to have it. If she hadn't had covid however I would recommend she have the vaccine.

Personally I don't know anyone that has had adverse reactions to the vaccines apart from the obvious and expected mild symptoms and sore arms, etc.

Interestingly I got a nasty rash coincident with getting covid (didn't from the vaccines) that is still being investigated (it may have been a coincidence).

• The potential role of vitamin D supplementation as a gut microbiota modifier in healthy individuals

But in any case you are OT when challenged (be careful - it is a bad sign that classifies you with the antivaxxers).

The topic was whether Vit D was a COVID drug - answer no.

On the broader topic of "what does Vit D help with" - this is the potential role of Vit D as gut microbiotia modifier.

Everything under the sun, including eating different types of fibre, as a known effect of gut microbiotia.. It seems likely that some of these effects are helpful in various ways. The links are tenuous - many things can be shown associated with "increased gut health" (as evidenced by what - higher microbiota diversity?). The associations are not clear causal links. thus - does Firmicutes to Bacterordetes ratio affect obestity? Od does obesity affect it? Or (most likely) do food habits associated with obesity also make this ration higher.

You can speculate what you like about many different things, including Vit D, with this type of loose association. You need something stronger to make definite causal links.

In the case of Vit D - when those have been tested - so fra the results have been dissapointing.

• "Interestingly I got a nasty rash coincident with getting covid (didn't from the vaccines)"

So the vaccines didn't give you a rash, but when you subsequently got covid you did

get a rash.

Doesn't say much for the vaccines !

• I'm not sure you understand. I agree that treating Covid with just vitamin d is not optimal howerever using calcidiol in large dose does have an effect. Vitamin D is the key to the immune system attacking the virus leading to asymptomatic infection. Vitamin D deficency in people with comorbidities seems to be a given at this point. You can argue study conclusions till your blue in the face, it doesn't change the fact that researches worldwide are all coming to those same conclusion. Vitamin D Plays a vital role in immune response, and all mortality. You can continue to play your data isn't enough game and I'll continue to bomb you with factual data from honest researchers. You're playing a losing game Boris!

• I would speculate that Nar's last vaccination was fairly recent, and his immune system perhaps overly primed, so that when he got Covid his system might have over reacted, resulting in a rash. I assume his Covid bout was in the last month, because not only is it relatively rare to get a Covid rash as a symptom, it would be rarer still for it to last more than a few weeks. Gosh I love speculation. Probably all wrong, but still!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.