The Playground

• Seatrout

What's a mod? (mode?, model?). What is your native language, because your English is failing? Your 'its' should be it's (it is).

I don't tell people what to think. I try to get them to think. No proof that you can. I gave the puzzle because your were arrogant enough to tell me to go to the archives to find out what you are doing rather than showing some respect by explaining what you are doing.

• I use moderators PMs of the forum to post more details then in the open. ="mods"

It seems you use "Mods" to go after users of the forum to help push your belittling agenda.

As I see your attempt ... from the past used on others, I tell the "mod what your about to do". and I add info before you start your attempt. "like the age of my 3 kids" knowing what your doing next. your a text book manipulator.

what I'm posting is kids stuff, From my perspective I don't see why I would need to have a long winded bla bla bla for a simple observation Tesla Coils are old school, adding dust compounds as voltage manipulation to a LENR state is an area of the forum we are in.

Most of my post are of the same subject path.low state to high state voltage using a catalyst

take care. have fun.with the next guy.

Trout

• Clearly caused by the sunspot cycle.

wrong but I'm glad to see our forum circuit jockey has taken an interest in solar activity. Try reading this

Revealing the relationship between solar activity and COVID-19 and forecasting of possible future viruses using multi-step autoregression (MSAR)

Revealing the relationship between solar activity and COVID-19 and forecasting of possible future viruses using multi-step autoregression (MSAR) - Environmental Science and Pollution Research
    The number of sunspots shows the solar activity level. During the high solar activity, emissions of matter and electromagnetic fields from the Sun make it…
    link.springer.com

Conclusion

Solar activity, including total solar radiation and X-ray flares, correlates sunspot numbers so that the solar magnetic field and solar wind affect the Earth to originate viruses. For analysis of the history of pandemics in the world, we analyzed solar activity between 1750 and 2020. In this process, the input signal of the sunspot numbers is decomposed in four-level to wavelet sub-bands to extract the main feature of the sunspot number. The dataset of the study is extracted from SIDC for daily and monthly average data of sunspot numbers. We used wavelet decomposition to reduce the fluctuation of the monthly averaged sunspot number. The low band of wavelet has 95.38% of the relative energy of the main sunspot number time series and can be substituted with monthly average values with maintaining extrema. We analyzed the coincidence of the world great pandemics with sunspot number relative extrema and designate some methods for analysis and modeling of this fluctuating time series. Results show that the world’s main pandemics occurred in sunspot number relative extrema. Sunspot number oscillates almost every 11 years to the maximum values and almost 5 years from maximum to minimum points. We can conclude that sunspot extrema coincide with the pandemics’ first appearance probably because of mutation on virus DNA or generation of a new virus. It is probably because of the magnetic field that the Earth is exposed in the periods with the higher and lower number of sunspots recorded. We can show some extremum points without any reported virus incidence. These points probably had a virus generation that perhaps cause weak viruses or not reached humans. We then forecast future pandemics in the world for about 110 years or 10 cycles using the presented MSAR methods. The result shows that the oscillation of minimums shows in low amplitude; however, maximum values are shown in the high variance of sunspot number. It can be also seen that there is no significant difference between maximum and minimum sunspot numbers based on the map, and they scattered on the map at any place. Based on pandemics that occurred from 1918 until 2019 (9 cycles or 101 years), the main surface of viruses’ first appearance is from China to the American continent in the green surface in Fig. 6. The main origin of viruses is tolerated among three areas, China, West Africa, and the USA. However, reports show that before 1918, past pandemics widespread in red surfaces regarding Fig. 6. Regarding the results of this study, we found that sunspots are the main cause of virus generation in the world. This research reveals that the biological and astrophysical mechanisms are related to the generation of world pandemics such as COVID-19. This study indicates that the emergence of pandemics like COVID-19 outbreaks would be linked with the extremum of the sunspot cycle. Potential mechanisms are explored by which sunspot behavior can affect human outbreaks. Furthermore, we proposed that the next peaks in the sunspot cycle could act as a potential alert for future pandemics.

• Revealing the relationship between solar activity and COVID-19 and forecasting of possible future viruses using multi-step autoregression (MSAR) The number of sunspots shows the solar activity level. During the high solar activity, emissions of matter and electromagnetic fields from the Sun make it difficult for cosmic rays to penetrate the Earth. When solar energy is high, cosmic ray intensity is lower, so that the solar magnetic field and solar winds affect the Earth externally and originate new viruses. In this paper, we assess the possible effects of sunspot numbers on the world virus appearance. The result of the analysis of pandemics that occurred from 1750 to 2020 shows that world’s great viral pandemics like COVID-19 coincide with the relative extrema

of sunspot number. Based on our result, 27 pandemic (from 36) incidences are on sunspot extrema. See also:

IMO more straightforward explanation is, that the solar storms promote aerosol formation and pathogen spreading within atmosphere.

The connection of solar activity to "mists" is also already known. The excess of charged particles from ionosphere results in condensation of water vapors in the atmosphere into many tiny charged droplets, which cannot coalesce furthermore, so they don't fall in rains - so they remain in the atmosphere as a smog. The high smog concentration also results in "fouling smell mists", as the medieval cities like London were already flooded with coal stoves.

• Some may wonder why BEC Q Pulse system needs such pumping. Consider the relaxation after the pulse...

Playground yes.

On another note... How THz Pulses are utilized by others.

Therefore, there have been tremendous efforts in exploring different designs and approaches for THz sources and integrated THz devices using a variety of platforms, including metamaterials3,5 and nonlinear metasurfaces9, surface plasmonic waves10, nonlinear wave mixing in ionic crystals11, as well as time-domain integration of THz pulses12. -end quotes

Cite this article

Wang, J., Xia, S., Wang, R. et al. Topologically tuned terahertz confinement in a nonlinear photonic chip. Light Sci Appl 11, 152 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41377-022-00823-7

• Revealing the relationship between solar activity and COVID-19 and forecasting of possible future viruses using multi-step autoregression (MSAR) The number of sunspots shows the solar activity level. During the high solar activity, emissions of matter and electromagnetic fields from the Sun make it difficult for cosmic rays to penetrate the Earth. When solar energy is high, cosmic ray intensity is lower, so that the solar magnetic field and solar winds affect the Earth externally and originate new viruses. In this paper, we assess the possible effects of sunspot numbers on the world virus appearance. The result of the analysis of pandemics that occurred from 1750 to 2020 shows that world’s great viral pandemics like COVID-19 coincide with the relative extrema

of sunspot number. Based on our result, 27 pandemic (from 36) incidences are on sunspot extrema. See also:

IMO more straightforward explanation is, that the solar storms promote aerosol formation and pathogen spreading within atmosphere.

The connection of solar activity to "mists" is also already known. The excess of charged particles from ionosphere results in condensation of water vapors in the atmosphere into many tiny charged droplets, which cannot coalesce furthermore, so they don't fall in rains - so they remain in the atmosphere as a smog. The high smog concentration also results in "fouling smell mists", as the medieval cities like London were already flooded with coal stoves

Sunspots and Rainfall

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1629189?seq=1

Hepatitis A, E risks increases by rain

Hepatitis A, E risks increases by rain | The Express Tribune
    Virus causing the disease found in contaminated water during monsoon season
    tribune.com.pk

Hepatitis E virus outbreak associated with rainfall in the Central African Republic in 2008-2009

Hepatitis E virus outbreak associated with rainfall in the Central African Republic in 2008-2009 - BMC Infectious Diseases
    Background Infection by hepatitis E virus (HEV) can cause a high burden of morbidity and mortality in countries with poor access to clean water and sanitation.…
    bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com

• wrong but I'm glad to see our forum circuit jockey has taken an interest in solar activity. Try reading this

Revealing the relationship between solar activity and COVID-19 and forecasting of possible future viruses using multi-step autoregression (MSAR)

FM1 - you have no more evidence for your virus vs sunspot than there is for Rossi lies repeating in line with sunspots. Personally, I prefer my hypothesis. I mean, we know, at least, that Rossi DOES lie. That is a good start.

HINT: MSAR = curve fitting (forecast from). It says nothing about whether the curve you are fitting has any validity. Now - Bayesian analysis - could perhaps show a fit was other than coincidental.

https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/bph.12884

https://xkcd.com/882/ (green jelly beans cause acne)

• Ah yes, I'm fooling myself, another common Huxley reply and I'm really impressed with the jellybean study, I can see the type of science you follow. do you get your news from comedy central too?

• This is insane!

CDC: Still Prescribe COVID Treatment Paxlovid Despite 'Rebound' Illness

CDC: Prescribe COVID Treatment Paxlovid Despite 'Rebound' Illness
    The CDC recommends the oral drug for early-stage treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 among people at high risk for progression to severe disease.
    www.medscape.com

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is telling clinicians to continue prescribing the oral anti-COVID-19 drug Paxlovid (nirmatrelvir/ritonavir) for early-stage treatment despite reports of "rebound" illness among some patients who took the medication.

• Menstrual Irregularities, Uterus Shedding Cases Spike After COVID Vaccine Rollout: Peer-Reviewed Study

'What we've seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg': Dr. Northrup

Menstrual Irregularities, Uterus Shedding Cases Spike After COVID Vaccine Rollout: Peer-Reviewed Study
    The first of three peer-reviewed research studies on women who suffered menstrual irregularities or a decidual cast around ...
    m.theepochtimes.com

The first of three peer-reviewed research studies on women who suffered menstrual irregularities or a decidual cast around the time COVID vaccines were rolled out begins to shed light on the sudden spike of this historically rare gynecological abnormality.

A decidual cast is when the inside lining of the uterus (endometrium) is shed intact, the entire lining is shed in one piece.

“What a decidual cast is is the sloughing off of the entire inside of the uterus all at once, generally preceded by several days of intense cramping as the uterus contracts. So what is passed is a ‘cast’ of the inside of the uterus,” Dr. Christiane Northrup, a co-author of the study, told The Epoch Times.

Over the past 109 years, decidual cast shedding (DCS) had less than 40 reported cases in the medical literature. The event had been so rare that there are only case studies and population prevalence data doesn’t exist, according to the research.

In the later 7.5 months of 2021, participants of MyCycleStory.com reported 292 cases out of 6,049 women who participated in the survey.

One of the authors of the study, Dr. James Thorp, is an extensively published 68-year-old physician MD board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, as well as maternal-fetal medicine, who has been practicing obstetrics for over 42 years.

• Ah yes, I'm fooling myself, another common Huxley reply

I can see the type of science you follow. do you get your news from comedy central too?

I thought you'd appreciate the humour.

But if instead you would like to look at the underlying (serious) issue we could discuss it. I'll happily be contradicted.

The issue is that in all science, but medicine particularly, it is very easy to mistake coincidence for real causal relationships.

In that cartoon you can see how "1 in 20 chance of occurring by coincidence" - which is a precise mathematical statement - can easily be misused. So that p-values, which are meant to show whether a result is significant or not, can be used to prove anything. All you need is 20 attempts and your 1 in 20 chance is likely to come up. A poorly conducted but reasonable sounding experiment with Jelly beans can prove absolutely anything is correlated to coloured jelly bean intake as long as the jelly beans have enough distinct colours.

You post here papers which discuss various interesting correlations.

I reply to you when you claim to know better than everyone else (without argument except these links) and assert strongly that something is proven. Often something about the merits of Vitamin D.

I'm not against Vitamin D: but my hopes that plausible-sounding claims for its efficacy would prove correct have been dashed many times by new better evidence.

You, and other people here, mistake one trial showing a correlation (or even many trials showing correlations) as evidence of a causal relationship. They are different, as we can see. There are universal and strong correlations between high calcifediol in the bloodstream and lots of good health indicators. In the cases so far that have been tested fully they do not show any causal relationship between extra Vit D supplementation and health (maybe some small causal connection to auto-immune disease? But it would need more data to see whetehr that is real).

Note that people who take Vit D supplements may be healthier on average than others - that is not the same as saying that if you are given Vit D supplements it makes you healthier.

That is one of the key statistical mistakes made by people. It is natural. And you again and again appear to be making it.

THH

PS - perhaps you'd prefer me to stick to xkcd?

• Posting this non-science propagated by Christianne Northrupp is not helpful - and alas it is what antivaxxers do. FM1 - you do this so often that while I will obey my own caution and not say that because you behave like antivaxxers - it means you are one - it is getting close given the repetition and the fact that from time to time I clearly point out why what you are posting is antivaxxer propaganda.

And, for those who object to my classification here, I use antivaxxer to mean those who repetitively propagate distorted vignettes which have the effect of making vaccines (in this case COVID vaccines) sound dangerous and which are misleading.

Note that some one with expert knowledge of a medical problem not properly understood by doctors generally (it can happen) would NOT be an antivaxxer.

Why? They would go on posting stuff about the same issue. They would not move from one claimed dangerous side effect to another completely different one, with the only common feature being that these are scare stories that raise high emotions. Incidentally, have you noticed that so many of the antivaxxer anti-COVID-vaccine stories relate to fertility or miscarriage? That is no surprise. Antivaxxers through history have used these memes - they are both specially frightening and also more difficult to analyse - because the numbers of pregnancies coinciding with vaccines are inevitably much lower than the total number of people taking vaccines.

Back to Dr. Northrup:

The Pandemic's Worst Woman: Dr. Christiane Northrup
    How Oprah and PBS helped her become a pseudoscience superstar and why she needs to lose her board certification
    vajenda.substack.com

Christiane Northrup, MD: Science Tainted with Strange Beliefs
    After her daughter left for college, Christiane Northrup, MD, went for a morning walk one day. About halfway through her walk she developed an ache in her…
    sciencebasedmedicine.org

After her daughter left for college, Christiane Northrup, MD, went for a morning walk one day. About halfway through her walk she developed an ache in her throat radiating up into her jaw. It felt like a fist was squeezing her esophagus. It persisted even after she returned home. What would you have done?

I think even the average layperson knows that this sounds like a possible heart attack and would call 911 or head for the nearest ER. Instead, Northrup called a medical intuitive who came over and “took out the Motherpeace tarot cards to try to get some clarity.” Together, they interpreted her “heartache” as resulting from her recent disappointment and grief over her family situation. She had unmet needs and it was “no wonder my heart was forced to speak up.”

This behavior from a scientifically trained MD boggles the mind. Christiane Northrup, MD, is a board certified OB/Gyn who has become something of a guru for American women’s health through a series of books, a newsletter, a website, appearances on Oprah, etc. Her third book, The Wisdom of Menopause, has been updated and revised; a friend told me all her menopausal friends are talking about this book. I read it and was appalled.

The first thing I noticed when I paged through her book was a diagram showing the “seven emotional centers” numbered from 1 at the feet to 7 on the top of the head, corresponding roughly to the seven chakras. The more I read, the more I shuddered.

PS - I cannot find these claims of "massive spike in uterine shedding" anywhere properly written up so they can be considered.

Google search gets this confused with claims of "massive shedding of COVID spikes from vaccinated people" (properly debunked and 100% untrue).

This new recycled antivaxxer meme seems not to have enough impact for anyone to have bothered to record claims and consider them - even the link posted requires an e-mail - which I'm not prepared to give to m.theepochtimes.com

THH

• OK - the decidual cast shedding mystery is (at least mostly) resolved - I found the original paper. FM1 - please post papers if possible not antivaxxer writeups of same?

https://www.thegms.co/publichealth/pubheal-ra-22041401.pdf

This is a note written by antivaxxers of an internet study on social media commissioned by antivaxxers!

They claim from this (first sentence) that there has been an unprecedented rise in this condition.

The purpose of this study is to report on the unprecedented rise in decidual cast shedding (DCS) that occurred in 2021. DCS is historically a rare gynecological event, with less than 40 cases reported in the medical literature over the last 109 years. Previous journal articles on DCS were usually case studies; population prevalence data is non-existent. Methods: The MyCycleStorySM survey was distributed via social media from May 16th, 2021, through December 31, 2021. The total sample size for analysis was 6049 with 89.1% of the participants responding within the first 3.5 months of the 7.5 months duration of the study. In parallel to the survey study, a Google Trends search was completed for search frequencies of relevant keyword terms including “decidual cast” and “decidual cast covid vaccine.” Results: In the survey, 292 women (4.83 % of the sample) reported having experienced DCS. The mean age of these predominantly non-Hispanic white women was 36.1 ± 0.5 (SEM) years. Eleven percent were taking hormonal contraceptives, 94.3% considered themselves healthy and 96.2% reported that menstrual irregularities started in 2021. According to Google metadata, search terms for "decidual cast shedding" substantially increased during the months of April, May, and June 2021. These peaks in searches represented a 2000% increase over the first quarter of 2021. Conclusions: There was a significant increase in self-reported DCS in the latter part of 2021 compared to all pre-pandemic cases. More research is urgently needed to investigate the factors contributing to DCS in 2021 and whether this trend is continuing.

However they have no good evidence for this. If you conduct a survey looking for something via prompted social media self-reporting you find it. This is fake information - not even enough here to merit further investigation. And here presented in a way designed to sound as alarming as possible. (Translation - do COVID-19 vaccines temporarily alter female menstrual cycles? Possibly - and that does merit further investigation - along with many other things...).

Of course COVID vaccines are new. It is entirely possible that they have (at very low levels) side effects that are currently not well understood. In this case what is well understood is that pregnant women and babies unvaccinated have had much worse outcomes through COVID than those who are vaccinated. That is because pregnancy is a risk factor for COVID.

THH

• No womb in your heart for this idea?

wombles?

COVID vaccination impact on menstrual cycle appears to be small and short lived | Imperial News | Imperial College London
    New studies show changes to the menstrual cycle do occur following vaccination, but they are small compared with natural variation and quickly reverse
    www.imperial.ac.uk

A non-sensationalist write-up of the same thing, based on real data. Bet it does not have the same social media traction!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.