The Playground

• "Abd ul" wrote:

This is a piece of a guidebook to how to become a world-class expert in a field in five years. Do what I describe.

Part of the trained ontology is recognizing that "interesting" is a product of expectations and will confine us to what we already know and think. Transformation comes from the realm of the "unknown unknown," not from the past, because what we have from the past is immovable, though we can sometimes reframe it.

So don't be afraid to make mistakes. You will make them, unless you are confined to the world of "reason," which means "reasoning from what we already know." In that world, we become reactive, afraid to make mistakes, because we might look bad. Make your mistakes and admit them when it's possible. Also admit that making mistakes is possible. Many times, through my life, I've been dead certain about a thing, and then someone said a couple of words to me, and ... OMG! I was completely wrong. There was something crucial that I had overlooked. And we do this very, very easily.

The process I outlined trusts that exposure to material will generate what is needed for what is possible as to understanding. Some things we may never understand, and accepting that is part of the process. It is the reactive mind that demands understanding and "the point."

For me, the point is "presence," being alive. That can, in fact, be communicated outside of words, and I hinted in that with the LOMAX image, above. Those who are stuck in darkness will see nothing. It will be mysterious nonsense, or some cult or something. Why are these people so happy? They must be deluded, in reality, the Monster Conspiracy is about to eat them, they don't know yet that Life Sucks And Then You Die.

Well, I do understand.

Where does this understanding live? What is the source of it, and how is it recognized?

Let me summarize it for you; what you are saying is that since your mind is so confused to begin with,

Not exactly confused. Ignorant. We start out without knowledge. But we are not confused, we are quite happy. And then something happens, we become afraid and reactive and that creates confusion, which we attempt to avoid because if we are confused, we are in danger. Something is about eat us (or make us look bad, make fun of is, slap or abuse us, shame and humiliate us. Experience varies.)

What I do is to deliberately return to ignorance, to a blank slate. What Sifferkoll has in mind as "not confusion" is believing strongly in something, some organizing concept. Mostly, for him, it appears to be They are Wrong and They are Malevolent.

That is, this is what I do in most of my writing, which is exploratory. When I wrote the commentaries on, say, Rossi's Memorandum in answer to the IH Motion to Dismiss, which Sifferkoll dismissed as FUD, I was not with an initial point to make. I was not trying to prove that RossI was Wrong. I was looking at what was there, at the legal arguments being presented, at sources on these, etc. I also explore my own reactions, my own thinking on a topic, and will often record this.

Polemic would not describe most of this, but, if well written, would present conclusions efficiently and effectively, what Sifferkill pretends to want. In fact, when I write polemic, it enrages him.

you have no clear idea about what you are writing and where it will lead you, which makes it impossible for you to comprehend what is "the most interesting point".

Ah, but when I'm done, I do. I now have a very clear understanding of Rossi v. Darden, such that I can make predictions that have a high probability of being accurate. Let me put it this way: that's how the situation occurs to me, and I'm in regular communication with a lawyer, who is now relying on me for analysis, which is not where we started. He will still correct me when I make mistakes, should he notice them.

The funniest part is that you hold your "analytic" abilities so high despite this ...

High compared to what? Compared to the obviously ignorant or obviously blinded by attachment? Sure. But above every knower are other knowers. In fact, my training deprecates analysis as such, outside of its realm. If someone believes they are right because of their analytic skills, they have fallem into a disempowering interpretation, and, in fact, "I'm right" is intrinsically disempowering. Ah, that was dificult for me to get in the training. It nearly drove me crazy. After all, I was right. I was so right I was making myself sick.

Considering your so called "training" this immense lack of self-awareness is somewhat amazing.

I do notice that Sifferkoll is mind-reading here. Is he skilled at that?

It can be a tad difficult to assess what others know about themselves. We do this typically by imagining that they think like us. That can be radically off. My thinking and daily and moment-to-moment practice is not "ordinary," though there are lots of people who understand it. Maybe one in a hundred I meet, or it could be more, and in the training I found that "ordinary people" often were far deeper than my expectations would lead me to think from how they looked.

I'm a writer, but I consider writing primitive and quite limited compared to what can be done in person, with presence. Writing deals with abstractions, language, by definition human inventions, though it can point to what is not human invention.

• Scientology meets discount Robert Anton Wilson

That's mildly entertaining but I wish there were no creatures such as you, you serve very little rational purpose

Maybe like mosquitoes or fleas, whose nuisance strengthens the immune system, yours has some kind of secondary benefit

• Quote from Eric

I am not a fan of this forum software. I wish the forum owners would consider something like Discourse: meta.discourse.org/.

So do you know how this works in practice? it looks interesting but difficult to evaluate from the site.

• That's mildly entertaining but I wish there were no creatures such as you, you serve very little rational purpose

Heh! I'm winning this game. Seven children, six grandchildren so far. Good luck.

By the way, Scientology has to do with what? I've been noticing that when one denizen of Planet Rossi comes up with an idea, no matter how unfounded, soon others are repeating it as if it were known fact.

That's fascinating.

• So do you know how this works in practice? it looks interesting but difficult to evaluate from the site.

I've never used it, actually. The interface is a little busy. But the head of the project is one of the two guys behind StackOverflow and StackExchange, so I see promise in it. He appreciates that a discussion forum is a very different context than a question and answer site. So I'm curious to see what it's like.

It could be really annoying. It could have a reputation system that rewards ignorance and glib answers.

• f I am correctly reading between the lines and inferring authorship here (note the punctuation and grammar), one gets the sense that Rossi might be acknowledging that the customer was not exactly a normal customer:

Here appears to be the most recent installment of the conversation between restrained professional self (who won't comment on legal matters) and adoring fan self (who is free to say whatever "she" wants). Amazing how "Lindsay" has followed this so very closely to describe how the flow meter was installed. "She" has followed so very closely and has such a good memory of what he has said "many times."

I recommend searching for the term "flowmeter," which does not appear to be a thing. Flow meter is what it should be. But it is amazing how many people have been writing in about the "flowmeter" using the same grammatical style and punctuation idiosyncrasies.

Search for "flowmeter" in the link below.

http://rossilivecat.com/all.html

If I am correctly reading between the lines and inferring authorship here (note the punctuation and grammar), one gets the sense that Rossi might be acknowledging that the customer was not exactly a normal customer...

Yes, well, your own lawyer is hardly your usual customer for heavy duty industrial services. Unless, of course, you are planning a lame deception.

• More folks have been busy jamming nickel and LAH into reactors and producing excess heat.

Regardless if the plant was a success or a dud, or something in between, the upcoming results may vindicate excess heat from the "amazing" mixture of simple elements. The results may stun everyone on all sides. How will the forums respond? I'm waiting patiently.

More folks have been busy jamming nickel and LAH into reactors and producing excess heat.

I've rather lost track of the set of replications, dispirited since none seemed to have well documented excess heat and sound methodology. Have things improved? If so I'd expect a major "the saviour has returned to the faithful" announcement from MFMP?

• The testing continues moving forward. Many parties are performing tests. Some of them very quietly.

The number of experiments are obviously increasing due to the utter simplicity of the current process that yields sporadic results. Throw some nickel powder of any kind with LiAlH4 and pray really hard. Oddly enough, this combination, some of the time, yields results. If a hundred more parties attempt it, a fraction of them will produce more evidence of excess heat.

Me356, who may eventually break this field wide open, suggests that experiments controlling the individual parameters are important. This "guru" implies that every environmental factor inside of the reactor needs to be controllable. I see Alan Smith's company is working towards building systems with multiple ports that could help with this.

Trying to ignite gasoline with a match is actually hard -- the vapors are what are highly combustible. Yet after enough attempts gasoline will catch fire.

We just need to build a carburetor.

• I recommend searching for the term "flowmeter," which does not appear to be a thing. Flow meter is what it should be. But it is amazing how many people have been writing in about the "flowmeter" using the same grammatical style and punctuation idiosyncrasies.

Seeing Mr. SSM's handle, made me think that is an excellent way to characterize AR's blog behavior. AR has gone into self-sustain mode with comments and response. ;)

• My favorite is "ERV". This term is entirely a "Rossism". Yet it is has now been referenced by the judge, the lawsuit and thousands of times in blog posts!
    It's use has become so wide spread that many think it is an actual title! Such as ISO, CMA, PHd, etc. Perhaps Websters will add it to the "new words of the year" list! ;)

Not that this makes any difference with the lawsuit or whether the eCat works or not. It is simply an example of how a "Rossism" can be born and grow into
    a entity of it's own! Some other favorites are "a magnificence", "snakes and clowns", "clownery" and "a masterpiece" . I realize that some of this is due to his English being a second language and I do not intend to poke fun about that. It is just that these are very often used by Rossi and they have now become part of the vocabulary of his followers and critics alike!

As Rossi usually ends his statements....
    "Warm Regards"

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
    Heh! I'm winning this game. Seven children, six grandchildren so far. Good luck.

Assuming that's even true, let's hope that this condition of yours is not genetic then

It is, at least partially.

"assuming that's true." It's not difficult to figure it out. My avatar here is an image that was created by my photographer daughter for Thanksgiving 2012. That was automatic from Facebook. I have two more daughters, adopted, one from China, one from Ethiopia. My kids are amazing.

I was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder about a decade back. Yes. That's me. I mentioned it to my brother, who is 11 years older than I. He said, "they gave me Ritalin." That is, he was so energetic that it was considered hyperactive, and Ritalin? He was apparently in the first clinical trial, this would be the late 1940s. His life has been amazing, what he has done. One career after another, all with high achievement, all in his own way, outside the box.

So there are two aspects to the inheritability. One is specifically genetic, probably, AHDH is actually, I and some others suspect, a genetic variation related to the farmer/hunter-gatherer split. Different skills. Very different.

The other is that we are Bani Adam, made from a single self, as described in the Books. And behind that is a single Life, and behind that a single Reality.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.