The Playground

• (Quotes from ele #1368 immediately above)

WOW ( all caps for the Weaver joy ) you are predicting the future ! That's not science anymore but simple guessing.

Are you quite sure? You mean science does not say that the radiative and convective charactristics of a given object can be predicted from its precise composition and shape... I guess that is true if you view science as like alchemy where quantitative rules don't exist and calculations, if done, give the wrong answers. Oh - I guess that must be what the Lugano authors thought. Things did not quite add up with their guaranteed by IR thermometry 1250C hot reactor, did they? Things don't, when you use the wrong calculations...

Apart from the pure ( PURE PuRe :) ) Alumina they need the right fuel and the right electromagnetic stimulation. Otherwise they can't say to have repeated the experiment.

Ah. the big get-out. You've learnt well. That is true, of course.

• THH wins Round 2 with a near TKO. We'll see if ele can make it back into the ring for Round 3.

ele - while you're getting oxygen, water and a wipedown in the corner, I'd like to ask from where you get such confidence about the PURE alumina for the Lugano reactor?

DIdn't someone special state that IH made those reactors (not the aforementioned plug, the reactors)?

• You mean science does not say that the radiative and convective charactristics of a given object can be predicted from its precise composition and shape...

Yes science do.

If you want to learn something about all that read the Lugano Report ( :) ) and all the references therein.

Is you that ware making a simple guess about an experiment you are not doing.

Let MFMP make the actual experiment with their materials, their charge and their stimulation and we will comment the result after. Not before.

And BTW convective characteristics (use the write spelling please) can be calculated only if you know the object geometry and temperature AND fluid in which immersed.

Just to be precise.

If you want to learn something about all that read the Lugano Report ( :) ) and all the references therein.

I have.

But as always in science you do a forward and backward citation search to get the important stuff. Have you read TC's paper and the references there to other work post-Lugano report?

And BTW convective characteristics (use the write spelling please) can be calculated only if you know the object geometry and temperature AND fluid in which immersed.

Just to be precise.

I always admire precision. And I absolutely agree with you. How is this point relevant to the matter here, when no-one concerned disputes that the relevant gas here is air? You would not be just filling space trying to make sure people scroll past #1639 ASAP, would you? :)

• Ah, good old XRD. Very handy for identifying crystaline phases. Not an elemental analysis at all.

A good XRF analysis might have been a good idea.

Perhaps we should have a closer look at those XRD results?

What are the three blank (non)identifications?

Only (from memory) a 75 score for alumina, and a 54 score for corundum? What is the rest?

• Ah, good old XRD. Very handy for identifying crystaline phases. Not an elemental analysis at all.

A good XRF analysis might have been a good idea.

Perhaps we should have a closer look at those XRD results?

What are the three blank (non)identifications?

Only (from memory) a 75 score for alumina, and a 54 score for corundum? What is the rest?

corundum
    kəˈrʌndəm/
    noun
    extremely hard crystallized alumina, used as an abrasive. Ruby and sapphire are varieties of corundum.

So Corundum is Alumina. As also you can read in the report.

Looking at the diffraction peaks yo can see that all of them ware matched by the peaks in the DB for Alumina and Corundum.

There was nothing else and also background appears low.

• Yes. Is a pseudo scientific writing full of errors. More similar to a Sci-Fi story but much less amazing.

An artifact to diffuse FUD.

That is a strong statement. Would you care to justify it, by detailing an error, and sticking to the point while we show you why you are wrong (as has happened in the past on this forum)?

• Official Post

Couple of interesting tidbits -do not know if new, or I missed/forgot, from the new batch of court documents:

IH hired Jones Day in August 2015, because of disputes arising with Leonardo/Rossi with respect to the licence agreement. Probably not a coincidence that Rossi refused Murray entry to Doral the month prior (July), and the next month they lawyer-up.

Rossi also claims IH hired APCO to "provide mantras" for him to use on his JONP in response to his own "posed questions" regarding his relationship with IH. In other words, Rossi is claiming APCO wanted him to play sockpuppet, and fed him the answers...all part of the plan. ;)

• Official Post

I changed it Dewey...how does it sound now?

I also find it funny Rossi is still claiming the "Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences" performed Lugano:

"Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences performed tests on a
    single E-Cat reactor constructed by Defendants at their North Carolina facility and that such
    scientists concluded that the reactor produced a positive COP. Plaintiffs further state that the
    “Lugano Report” speak for itself."

I do not think they would like having their name drug into this!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.