The Playground

• Official Post

Speaking of the Swedes, I listened to Lewans interview the other day, and he says at 16:00 minutes that he is still in contact with them, and they are still trying to replicate Lugano. I do not see why they would not take a call from MFMP and compare notes? About time they come out of their self imposed exile, and contribute what they have learned.

Lewan said something else interesting too when questioned about what he thought of the QuarkX and Rossi's claim it can directly produce electricity....Lewan replied at 26.45 that there were earlier testimonies where it was reported Rossi devices gave an electrical shock when touched.

group identification - for them the attacks of Rossi are sort of vicarious bullying

Not sure what you count as an attack. I find it necessary to remind posters often that Rossi lies, and that he is incompetent technically, because they keep on taking rossisays about technical matters as somehow liklely to be true.

I am happy to substantiate the two statements made here but it would be tediously repetitive. On the other hand - the way that some accuse a blameless (as far as I know) and avowedly philanthropic company of evil acts based only on the words of Rossi is tediously repetitive.

• Paradigmnoia im curious too.

Were there 3 sets of devices? 1 each for the ERV, IH and LC? Or 3 sets of measurements from the same set of devices?

Is the Fabiani data set from LC or IH device set?

What happened to the third set of data and does it agree with the other two?

Who installed each device set?

Were the devices in each set identical in model and type?

Was each device set located at the same locations?

We're any device sets used in the control loop?

• What happened to the 'millions of data' per day?

Here is what Rossi wrote once on JONP about the measurement system and the "master gauge", which is the "satisfied customer" (Rossi):

Andrea Rossi
    April 3rd, 2015 at 7:44 PM
    Desmondet:
    The measurement system of the 1 MW E-Cat is made by:

56 thermocouples to measure the temperature of the water steam in different positions

56 thermocouples to measure the temperature of the liquid water that flows toward the reactors in different positions

1 PCE 830 to measure the consumption of electric power, which has been installed between the container of the reactors and the electric power source of the Customer’s Factory, plus the Wattmeter of the Customer’s factory installed by the electric energy provider

56 pressure gauges to measure the pressure of the steam in different positions

All the data are taken by the certified registration system made by the referee, who has placed the certified gauges to calculate the COP, and collected in his computer. All the referee’s gauges are certified and sealed.
    Besides all this, there is the master Gauge, which is the manufacturing plant of the Customer, which needs 1 MWh/h of thermal energy carried by steam: if they receive this energy they pay for the plant, provided we give the granted COP, otherwise they do not pay. They measure with their instrumentation the amount and quality of the steam, but most of everything, they check the amount and the quality of their production and compare their costs using the E-Cat VS their costs with the traditional heaters. Their plant is the universal gauge and is, under a commercial point of view, the only one that really counts. So far the Customer is satisfied. Nevertheless, I have to add that it is soon to assume final considerations and we are aware of the fact that within the end of the year the results could be positive, but also negative.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

• Official Post

Funny to read that now, knowing Rossi was the customer. I rephrased a part of it to reflect that:

Besides all this, there is the master Gauge, which is actually my manufacturing plant since I am actually the customer, hehehe...BTW do not tell IH that!, anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, customers plant ;) , which needs 1 MWh/h of thermal energy carried by steam: if I receive this energy, I then pay myself for the plant, provided I give myself the granted COP, otherwise I do not pay myself. I think that is how it works?...I feel a headache coming on. Oh well, I also measure with my own instrumentation under the customer guise, the amount and quality of the steam, but most of everything, I check the amount and the quality of my production, or at least pretend to since there is no production (how could there)!...again do not tell IH, and compare my costs as customer, using the E-Cat VS to my other costs with the traditional heaters. My 1MW plant I rented from the marks, ahem, I mean IH, in my customer role, who in turn bought it (plant) from me for $1.5 million years before -for which monies I bought some nice Miami condos, :) , is the universal gauge and is, under a commercial point of view, the only one that really counts. So far, as the Customer, or am I now Rossi again?...feel another headache coming on, I am very satisfied with the services I provided myself...a magnificance! Nevertheless, I have to add that it is soon to assume final considerations and we are aware of the fact that within the end of the year the results will be very confusing, but nonetheless IH will have to pay me $89 million, and my partners, and I will be filthy rich.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• 56 thermocouples to measure the temperature of the water steam in different positions

56 thermocouples to measure the temperature of the liquid water that flows toward the reactors in different positions

Seventy-six trombones led the big parade

With a hundred and ten cornets close at hand.
    They were followed by rows and rows of the finest virtuo-
    Sos, the cream of ev'ry famous band. . . .

• Official Post

http://freeenergyscams.com/and…ons-all-frauds-and-scams/

Gary Wright at his "Free Energy Scams" I link to here...which was morphed/carried over from his earlier, more in-depth "ShutRossiDown" (SDR), still has some good info as you can see. His links to his old SDR website he refers you to for more detail, unfortunately, are dead ends now, which I assume is for legal reasons?

Here is another section from his relatively new site that provides a wealth of info...none flattering of the Rossi:

http://freeenergyscams.com/600…eat-llc-sales-rd-factory/

• Andrea Rossi
    February 21, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Anonymous:
    In the test of Lugano the reactor had only the caps at the ends made by
    Durapox. The proper reactor’s cylinder was made by pure alumina. Tha
    material has been scratched from the surface from the Professors and
    analyzed, and resulted to be pure alumina.
    Warm Regards,
    A.R.

That does makes some sense. I was thinking that the plug for the TC and fuel entry might be broken up during the fuel extraction, and that was used. The hard cast ceramic would explain that large angular particles sent for XRD analysis.

• proper reactor’s cylinder was made by pure alumina

That may be true, but what comprised the "proper reactor" could easily be the 4mm ID tube that runs through the center of the the reactor assembly. That does not necessarily mean that the outer, cast, finned surface was pure alumina. The slides above are from the Lugano report, Appendix 2, "Alumina sample analysis". The test performed on this material was "X-Ray crystallography", or XRD analysis. This analysis measures the lattice spacing of the crystalline components. Glassy phases (silicates, etc) will not show in this analysis because they are amorphous materials. The silicates are a glassy phase in cast materials designed to fill in the gaps between the alumina particles so that it becomes a "glassed together" solid. So, the test showed crystallites of alumina were there, but it made no statement about whether or not there were glassy phases present.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.