The Playground

• ele

First of all, if the idea is to prove that Rossi's reactors work, the hot cat experiments are ludicrous. The early, simple, water-cooled reactors were vastly simpler to use as a proof of concept. Of course, Rossi and Levi never did PROPERLY reproduce the tests with liquid cooled reactors because one or both of them knew the results were fake. I still am not sure whether Levi is dishonest or incredibly incompetent. Overall, I tend towards the latter.

Using radiation measurement and thermal cameras is an absurd complication, specifically designed and tested by Rossi to confuse, mislead, and deceive. Second, the people who did the hot cat tests are of questionable competence. Third, none of the tests had a proper calibration of the OUTPUT energy measurement method over the full operating temperature range and the excuses given for not doing it were specious.

Finally, if you were not already certain that Rossi was a sociopathic nut case, simply read his silly blog (JONP) about his Quarks. ROTFWL!

• ^ Heh.

Dewey Weaver, I remember you saying you were sick of the trial and the associated drama, and that you were looking forwards to the future.

So, to move the conversation on a bit - How do you see the future of LENR playing out?

Obviously there's some commercial sensitivities that mean you'll prefer to give a suitably vague answer, but care to gaze into your crystal ball for a bit?

...Do you think that LENR will gain public acceptance any time soon?

...Do you think LENR will emerge from the lab in the short/medium term?

...Do you reckon you've got the IP covered at the moment, or still trying the find that elusive missing piece?

Or any other crumbs thrown will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Zeus

• Heating the warehouse has always been a issue.

Also pretty chilli in Rossi's "factory" in January 2012:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Btw: Rossi predicted at that time / video domestic e-cats and "robotized factory" within 12 to 18 months.

• After some discussing the condensers and steam-water, I had a look at the 2011 unit again.

How exactly does the condensate get back into the tanks here? I see no pumps.

(Big black hoses going across and up into to the reservoir from the bottom of the wall, begining from the radiator bottom, first photo.)

• See https://www.mail-archive.com/v…eskimo.com/msg113522.html, and the "[Vo]:DESCRIBING THE MANELAS Phenomenon" thread more generally, concerning the Manelas device, in the possession of Brian Ahern, after he was given it during Arthur Manelas's last days. Ahern has made several requests in the Vortex thread for suggestions for experiments to do to better characterize the device.

The Manelas device consists of a billet arranged in some sort of electronic circuit. Going from memory, the device was tested by Ahern sometime back and purportedly demonstrated overunity power production for a period of time in the manner of a battery, while remaining relatively cool. Ahern is a physicist who has led some research programs in the past, including, in 1983, looking into cuprate superconductivity for the USAF Rome Lab in Lexington, Massachusetts.

Ahern writes:

Aspiring sceptics and LENR optimists, this is an opportunity to get at the heart of whatever is going on with the Manelas device, which has been discussed several times over the past few years. This video goes into greater detail on the earlier investigation.

• Official Post

1351-rossi-1-mw-brrrr-jpg

Para,

I do not remember this one from before? It appears to be from Doral, as he is very skinny as he was in Doral, and the only photo we have of him with a stethoscope was from Doral also. If so, it would be very odd for him wear a jacket in the semi-tropical climate of Miami, inside a 1MW plant, which was inside a small warehouse.

Love the captions of the other photos BTW. Worth a look see for others. I think the captions were from MYs old internet hangout, which I now forget the name of.

Note: Sorry, pic would not attach.

• Eric Walker not worded strongly, I just did not want to mischaracterize your meaning. Some people get touchy when someone doesn't understand and asks for more info.

I am clumsy that way. I really want to know how things could work, making assumptions for me has to happen for my reasoning work. I see Axil responded in the other thread, I will have to relook.

I have other questions but they are related to using a radioactive source to stimulate a lattice and that is for another day.

• IMHO, The Papp engine work through the reaction of nanoparticles just like all the other types of LENR devices. Papp invented two types of engines, one that used water and later one that used noble gases. Both water and nobles gases can produce nanoparticles that host Surface Plasmon Polaritons. (SPP). Like Rossi, Papp had a preprocessing step that produced these nanoparticles in the fuel load.

It is unexpected how so many elements and compounds can produce nanoparticles that can host the LENR reaction through SPP surface activity on the surfaces of the nanoparticles.

Like most other LENR inventions, the Papp engine would have produced lots of mesons since it did generate excess electrons.

When in common use and heavily utilized in energy production, the Papp engine would have produced increased background radiation loading as will have been common in any LENR invention including the SunCell.

• OT: Worth a read

Exploiting superposition and entanglement enables devices that vastly
    outperform existing ones—and accomplish things once thought to be
    impossible.

Improving atomic clocks by incorporating entanglement, for example,
    makes them more accurate than those used today in satellite positioning.
    That could improve navigational precision by orders of magnitude, which
    would make self-driving cars safer and more reliable. And because the
    strength of the local gravitational field affects the flow of time
    (according to general relativity, another immensely successful but
    counter-intuitive theory), such clocks would also be able to measure
    tiny variations in gravity

• I'd like to coin a new phrase:

divergent epistemologies, plural n., pop sociology. When two people have access to an arbitrary amount of shared information and yet will never converge on a common understanding of a matter. Possibly indicative of distorted communication and a breakdown of learning.

• OT: Li Battery technology this is the good link.

The click-bait link followed down from SA Scientific-American-Blurb.

The promise of lithium–sulfur batteries for future electric transportation and stationary energy storage is being limited by their poor cycling stability. Previous
    approaches to improvement often involve incorporating additional components with significant dead weight or volume in battery structures. We develop an ultrathin functionalized dendrimer–graphene oxide composite film which can be applied to virtually any sulfur cathode to alleviate capacity fading over battery cycling
    without compromising the energy or power density of the entire battery.

• Tesla coil vacuum experiments:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.