The Playground

• This work has all the earmarks of the worst of the LENR claims. The chances of it being legitimate are extremely small. Superconductivity has had such claims from time to time for decades. If you compare this work to real discoveries in the field, it stands out as most likely phony. It turns out that very little groundbreaking science is introduced to the world on YouTube.

I like that style. It has hints of Dewey, and a strong Rothwellian foundation.

Too bad there still has to be some poor lost soul to feed keywords into the software!

It turns out that very little groundbreaking science is introduced to the world on YouTube.

Only because you don't know where to look for it. For example the antigravity phenomena or room temperature superconductors are presented at videos only - nowhere else in this moment (1, 2). There are thousands of publications about cold fusion, yet none of them penetrated the mainstream journals. The fact you cannot find any information about it there demonstrates only the informational barrier and ignorance of mainstream science - but definitely not the alleged lack of information. There is most shadow under the candlestick.

On the other hand, the so-called breakthrough science - as presented by establishment - is often predestined to leave very small impact on the world in foreseeable future. Could you bring some usage for Higgs boson or gravitational waves? I don't think so. In essence no particle prepared in colliders from 50's of the last century has some practical usage and it will probably have no usage during another fifty years. The claiming it a breakthrough is just an occupationally driven propaganda of mainstream physics. Now we are in state of utilitarian inversion of society, when the findings most important with respect to practical future applications have the smallest publicity in mainstream science and media - and vice-versa: this is just the consequence of the blind adherence on priorities of mainstream science, which generates works and jobs for itself.

• Could you bring some usage for Higgs boson or gravitational waves?

Gravitational waves may predict tsunami in time to escape from them. See:

http://www.techtimes.com/artic…-help-predict-tsunami.htm

I don't think so.

You are wrong. History shows that many scientific discoveries that seemed to have no practical use, and were predicted to have no impact turned out to be vital to modern civilization. J. J. Thomson famously proposed a toast to the electron when it was discovered: "Here's to the electron. May no-one find a use for it." It turns out we have lots of uses for electrons. The larger point is that you never know when an esoteric discovery might open the door to another discovery of something more practical. Knowledge is linked to other knowledge.

• Well, if you choose to believe that groundbreaking science is to be found on YouTube and that all claims of miraculous new discoveries and inventions are true until proven false, knock yourself out. If your standards are low enough so that nothing ever has to come of these miraculous things other than occasional blog posts and press releases, then you will be satisfied for years to come. As they say, whatever floats your boat.

• IH and Leonardo settle out of court!

In a stunning conclusion to what seemed like a determined effort to destroy the notion of value in LENR research, all parties had a big love in and were seen dancing around like cats COPping off on a hot tin roof. $89million has been paid and fully robotised factory locations have been selected in 5 supermarkets

Home Depot CEO said in a bar this morning “everyone loves cats, just look at their popularity on Youtube, Let’s have them eee-cats, they sound like they would be really popular”

To relieve stress on Andrea Rossi, 5 clones have been produced to manage every aspect of each factory including selection and management of customers. To ensure that every thing is above board and that no one in any factory says anything that is not approved, several Weaver bots have been installed in each location in advance of the Rossi clone arrivals.

In a joint statement the two organisations said they were tired of talking about whose dogbone worked and whose didn’t and who had more patents pending. “We both want to look forward to making the world a better place where everyone can have a jacuzzi and cheaper 62Ni”

As a jest of good will, Tom Cat Darden back ordered a Tea Cat kettle from Amazon for Rossi.

B00030AUC0

Tip off: Joe King

History shows that many scientific discoveries that seemed to have no practical use, and were predicted to have no impact turned out to be vital to modern civilization. J. J. Thomson famously proposed a toast to the electron when it was discovered: "Here's to the electron. May no-one find a use for it." It turns out we have lots of uses for electrons.

This example doesn't work: Thomson found an electron in the middle of technical revolution and electrification of society, when the electricity has been already exploited for more than one century. But we aren't in the middle of Higgsization and gravitational wavification of the civilization.

Well, if you choose to believe that groundbreaking science is to be found on YouTube and that all claims of miraculous new discoveries and inventions are true until proven false, knock yourself out.

Groundbreaking science is illustrated on YouTube, it's not developed there. The claims of new discoveries are true until they're not replicated and proven false with another experiments - because this is how the science work: It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong. So it doesn't really matter, what are you believing on in a given moment, once some experiments point to something else.

The claims of new discoveries are true until they're not replicated and proven false with another experiments

This is exactly backwards. The claims of new discoveries are nothing more than claims until they ARE replicated and validated with other experiments.

You may think you know how science works but you are way off track. Your comments on theory, oddly enough, are correct. Go figure.

The claims of new discoveries are nothing more than claims until they ARE replicated and validated with other experiments.

Nope, once they're based on real experiments and observation, they become part of reality once someone will not disprove them with a new, more careful experiments. Everyone who is delaying such a replication is therefore a plain ignorant of reality. BTW You're still owing me at least one example of LENR experiment, which has been refused later.

You may think you know how science works but you are way off track

I know, that the contemporary science doesn't work according to it's own ideology and proclamative scientific method: this is exactly the reason, why I'm talking about it here.

• Zephyr, you clearly have your own version of reality and I will leave you to enjoy it. The fact that the rest of the world doesn't adhere to your way of thinking must come as a disappointment to you, at least to the extent that what actually happens in the world matters to you. On the other hand, you get to revel in all of the truths that are only true for you.

• But we aren't in the middle of Higgsization and gravitational wavification of the civilization.

As I said, gravitational wave may be used to predict tsunami. It might cost a lot to build a network of gavity wave detectors capable of doing this, but the savings in life and money from one major disaster might pay for it.

Two detectors will be on line soon. They might be able to triangulate to locate events on earth more accurately.

The fact that the rest of the world doesn't adhere to your way of thinking must come as a disappointment to you

On the contrary, as it fits my theory of human society behavior. But if you would watch my info carefully, the progress just converges to my predictions systematically.

As I said, gravitational wave may be used to predict tsunami.

You have it opposite, the "gravitational waves" observed so far were itself product of seismic events.

• [As I said, gravitational wave may be used to predict tsunami.]

You have it opposite, the "gravitational waves" observed so far were itself product of seismic events.

Yes, obviously! How else could it work? The seismic event produces gravity waves, and the waves predict the tsunami. They travel faster than any other indication, with potentially more information.

• Mainstream physicists at MIT and Italy are detecting gravity waves from events on earth. To repeat:

Gravitational waves are ripples in the curvature of spacetime that propagate as waves at the speed of light, generated in certain gravitational interactions that propagate outward from their source.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_wave

In fluid dynamics, gravity waves are waves generated in a fluid medium or at the interface between two media when the force of gravity or buoyancy tries to restore equilibrium.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_wave

"The MIT researchers found that surface ocean waves are more persistent sources of acoustic-gravity waves. Also known as surface-gravity waves, these are the waves that can be observed from the shores or from a boat.

While surface-gravity waves do not travel as fast as acoustic-gravity waves, the former can create fast-moving, powerful and low-frequency sound waves at the right circumstances."

• The emissary of the prophets took care of that pah-wraith infected cardassian long ago. Although Worf should have been allowed to avenge the death of Judzia.

Personally, I'm looking forward to species mimicking any of these fictional civilizations (except the Borg) coming and taking over. I wouldn't really have a problem with the Ferengi straightening out things on Earth. We can't do much worse than we already have.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.