The Playground

• This is entirely your imagination. I.H. has done nothing wrong. Their motives are entirely above board. You can argue they were too gullible, and not careful enough, but there is not a shred of evidence they did anything wrong or tried to steal anything. The notion that they are trying to steal the IP is ludicrous, for the reasons I gave previously. They could never get away with it. They know that as well as I do.

What you claim is false equivalence, without any argument or evidence to back it up.

Jed,

Perhaps you can explain why IH filed patent applications behind Rossi's back on his IP, which they now claim (and you claim) does not work and never worked.

Also, since you seem to know so much about IH, can you tell us if the other researchers they have given support to are currently under NDA and whether or not IH lays claim to the resulting IP?

• I see, Jed confused gravity and gravitational waves. Not a big deal for a supporter of scientific community.

No, I did not. The Italian Virgo gravity wave detector will be used in an effort to detect earthquakes. Acoustic gravity waves propagate at the speed of sound. Gravity waves propagate at the speed of light. The articles about this clearly refer to the latter:

http://www.gravity.ircs.titech…lide/Matteo_Barsuglia.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/b…-early-earthquake-warning

QUOTE:

Tiny gravity changes can be picked up much faster than seismic waves.

During an earthquake, every extra second of warning can save lives. Earthquakes cause tiny changes to Earth's gravity, and new research suggests these signals can be detected almost instantaneously at the start of an earthquake, offering a much earlier warning than the seismic waves we currently rely on.

Researchers examined gravity data collected in Japan around the time of the 2011 Tohoku-Oki earthquake, which generated the devastating tsunamis leading to the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant disaster. They were looking for a signal that preceded the arrival of seismic waves, and they found one, opening the door for new developments in earthquake early warning systems.

“The gravity signal is almost instantaneous—the speed of light—whereas classical early warning systems are based on the detection of propagating seismic P-waves at ~7-8km/s,” explains the study’s lead author Jean-Paul Montagner, a seismology expert at the Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris. That extra time can make a difference in minimizing the impact of an earthquake. “Any second saved enables us to stop trains, elevators, nuclear plants, warn people, and therefore to save lives.”

The gravity signals are generated when the rupture of an earthquake causes Earth’s mass to shift slightly on either side of the fault line, leading to tiny changes in Earth’s gravity field. “When working with physicists specializing in gravitational waves at the VIRGO detector, we realized that from a theoretical point of view, we should expect an instantaneous gravity signal associated with earthquakes,” says Montagner. It was this realization that lead him and his colleagues to examine gravity data from the 2011 earthquake. . . .

• Jed,

Perhaps you can explain why IH filed patent applications behind Rossi's back on his IP, which they now claim (and you claim) does not work and never worked.

Also, since you seem to know so much about IH, can you tell us if the other researchers they have given support to are currently under NDA and whether or not IH lays claim to the resulting IP?

They filed patents on Rossi's IP because they thought that it might work and they wanted to protect info that was about to go into the public domain. Better be safe than sorry.

Not sure how Jed would be able to tell you if other researchers are under NDA.

• JedRothwell,

I owe you an apology I also thought that you had confused gravity/gravitational waves also as some other poster said.

The reseachgate link went to this nature article gravitational_waves. It's a little more in depth.

If this pans out this research should be not 'just funded' but extremely funded. I also think that Japan would be the leader in funding the next generation LIGO on earth and then they should also fund a future advanced LISA in space beyond pathfinder. If the clocks are correct (and I am sure they are) it seems very possible that after a disturbance they could decide that the wave did not come from space but was local to Earth and begin the alert. I say extremely funded as this is a known science and both the space and earth interferometers could be scaled quite easily it seems.

// I can imagine how in 100 years how this science could progress. (Where is Axil when you need him?)

• They filed patents on Rossi's IP because they thought that it might work and they wanted to protect info that was about to go into the public domain. Better be safe than sorry.

Correct. That is what they said.

Not sure how Jed would be able to tell you if other researchers are under NDA.

I have no idea. I would not ask the other researchers or I.H. I have not discussed business matters with I.H. I have not read the lawsuit documents about the contract or business. Anyone who has read them will know more than I do.

(I only read the technical depositions. I am not interested in the business dispute, and I find it depressing.)

• I owe you an apology I also thought that you had confused gravity/gravitational waves also as some other poster said.

The reseachgate link went to this nature article gravitational_waves. It's a little more in depth.

It is confusing because there are also "acoustic gravity" waves from earthquakes that propagate at the speed of sound. Because they are sound waves. When you look up the gravity wave studies, you mostly find papers on "acoustic gravity" waves.

If this pans out this research should be not 'just funded' but extremely funded.

They will soon have two gravity wave detectors online. With two of them they may be able to triangulate to find the source of the earthquake on earth. The problem is, one of the detectors is scheduled to go off-line fairly soon for upgrades, so we need a large earthquake before that happens.

• Muon radiation is not immediately deadly. We all have muons passing through our bodies produced by cosmic rays. These muons contribute to 12% more or less of the total background radiation loading that exist in the background.

radiation-pi-chart.gif

Muons hardly react with the elements in our bodies. But muon reaction rates increase greatly in heavy elements like lead.

When the production of muons increases by a billion times, the background radiation loading that we are exposed to will increase accordingly.

A 100 watt LENR reactor does not increase this background reaction loading very much because most of those muons pass right through the body. But if 10 gigawatts of LENR is produced within a limited urban area like Atlanta, The background radiation rate that exists in the greater Atlanta city limits will increase in proportion to the power generation rate in that city.

Living in that LENR powered Atlanta is like living in outer space where exposure to muon radiation is most intense.

Working near a single 100 watt LENR reactor will produce a similar background radiation loading that one would be exposed to in a cross country airline fight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_radiation

"The Earth and all living things on it are constantly bombarded by radiation from outer space. This radiation primarily consists of positively charged ions from protons to iron and larger nuclei derived sources outside our solar system. This radiation interacts with atoms in the atmosphere to create an air shower of secondary radiation, including X-rays, muons, protons, alpha particles, pions, electrons, and neutrons. The immediate dose from cosmic radiation is largely from muons, neutrons, and electrons, and this dose varies in different parts of the world based largely on the geomagnetic field and altitude. For example, the city of Denver in the United States (at 1650 meters elevation) receives a cosmic ray dose roughly twice that of a location at sea level. This radiation is much more intense in the upper troposphere, around 10 km altitude, and is thus of particular concern for airline crews and frequent passengers, who spend many hours per year in this environment. During their flights airline crews typically get an extra dose on the order of 2.2 mSv (220 mrem) per year."

• axil ,

Levi was an expert in muon detection. I think he would have worked out a muon connection, if there were one, to the ecat. If he could prove it, it might be he that would be in line for a Nobel prize.

The hard part in detecting muon emissions in LENR is producing a functioning LENR reactor. I beleive that ME356 has done that. He has detected a highly ionized state at least 3 meters from his reactor that disables his electrical equipment and sensors.

me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

• Even rb0 is protected by the rule against doxxing. Best not to (openly) speculate.

This is quite a subtle point. I actually agree that even if I knew who rb0 was I should not disclose my views here. OTOH, if rb0 posts as though an expert on the Lugano calculations, referring to colleagues and professional expertise in thermography, and repeats mistakes made by Levi (and endorsed implicitly by the Lugano authors and Rossi), that collection of facts is remarkable and indicating that therefore rb0 is likely an insider is I think allowable. The point being that I'm saying rb0's open posts here match well with a set of insiders, not that I have some other evidence of whom rb0 is.

Logically, there could be some other professional with similar views and thermographic errors doing this with no such connection.

• My point on that one is that even if you were somewhat sure of rb0's real identity, and rb0 were making no huge effort to conceal it, still best not to discuss it here, as there are others in whose identity we might have a lot of confidence and nonetheless we're making efforts to protect their anonymity such as it exists, to the point of banning offenders. It is a question of even-handedness and avoiding favoritism if possible. A blanket rule is easy to follow and makes things much simpler.

• “Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” — Thomas Henry Huxley

Huxley was part of the last generation of genius scientists who could do that. It was no longer possible in the 20th century, and even less so today. You cannot learn more than a tiny fraction about everything, and even Fleischmann and Bockris did not know everything about electrochemistry.

The knowledge explosion is a good thing, but it means there can be no more people with encyclopedic knowledge. Google is no substitute.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.