The Playground

• More partisan political prejudice against Rossi believers/supporters. Nip it in the bud Eric.

This place is not really a place for staunch partisans, Rionrlty. If one has nothing more than party loyalties, better to go to some other forum. This place is for people seeking the truth. We do try to suffer partisans and forum warriors that occasionally bring interesting information or arguments. But "suffer" is the operative word.

• "It was a very limited success insofar as the instruments worked and there was a clear answer. "

Jed, you are falling into the same trap. Who cares about the instruments? MFMP flew to Eastern Europe to check an LENR reactor, not their instruments.

It was utter failure, and the excuses and explanations are pathetic. Did me356 reactor work? No. Get over it.

• Jed, you are falling into the same trap. Who cares about the instruments? MFMP flew to Eastern Europe to check an LENR reactor, not their instruments.

Ah, but the instruments are still there. So if the gadget now starts to work, we will have nearly as good evidence for that as we would have had if had worked this weekend. Plus, one person from the MFMP can go zipping back to confirm the readings. You don't need the whole gang.

If they had packed up the instruments and taken them back, then it would all have been in vain. Or, if me356 does not use the instruments, it will be in vain.

I did get a sense from one of his messages that he does not intend to use the instruments. That is disquieting.

It was utter failure, and the excuses and explanations are pathetic. Did me356 reactor work? No. Get over it.

It is not an utter failure yet. Give it few more months.

I agree the excuses and explanations seem somewhat pathetic, or at least, odd. Disquieting. Unnecessary. I would say to me356: If you think you know why it failed, fix the problems now and test it again. Do not go on to other tasks and do not make excuses. Your first priority should be to find out if it works. Until you are sure of that, there is no point to doing anything else.

If I had to guess, I would guess the gadget does not work, and it never did. I am sure it did not work this weekend. But I don't have to guess. No one does. Instruments are now in place that will remove all guesswork and put an end to speculation. It is in me356's interests to use these instruments and confirm or rule out his claims.

• During development it is completely normal that something doesnt work properly or refuses to work in a moment you dont need.

Completely normal - Really???

I call it a total disaster if you hype something for months, but it doesn't perform at all when you present it, and you need to come up with all kind of excuses why it wouldn't work just now.

However, this kind of stories are "completely normal" and standard for all types of "self running magnetic motors" and other kind of "Over Unity" inventions.

You can find tons of such stories on the Internet.

This post moved from the Aura thread. Unhelpful and unoriginal content. Alan.

People like ABD are still part of "the 28 years wasted to explain LENR" story, because he only knows old stuff. Latest since the Lipinski experiments, we need not to know about Storms, Hagelstein, Mizuno, Takashi etc.. models, because it is now obvious how LENR works.

Abd still thinks that dowsing is useful in detecting explosives! he should volunteer to clear a minefield using a dowsing rod to prove his contention. Meanwhile, all LENR claims are from the "usual suspects". Let us know when someone can produce a nice, clean ten watts from a reactor, without input power, verified by a credible independent agency like a government lab or renown test lab, for a few months without external power or fresh fuel. Hell, I'd settle for one watt properly measured and truly autonomous.

Who is Lipinski? (linkie pls) Not only is it not obvious how LENR works, it is far from properly demonstrated that LENR *does* work.

• Is "Sigma 5" to the Rossi Believers like "Thetan Level 1001" to Scientology Believers?

• I certainly don't remember that. Do you have a link?

I don't think that MFMP actually built 20 reactors themselves, they only provided the detailed instructions and the "fuel recipe" to 20 replicators (No need to worry about sales competition;)).

Popular Mechanics reported:

http://www.popularmechanics.co…on-20-whos-scamming-whom/

Greenyer says there now about 20 groups around the world following the MFMP recipe and trying to reproduce Rossi's results. Data should start coming out in the next few weeks.

You surely remember, this was the "The end of the Carbon Age is Nigh" the “We did it. We lit the New Fire Together!” hype - if you wanna refresh your memory, read here:

http://www.quantumheat.org/ind…cookbook-is-in-the-signal

or Mat's breaking news here:

https://animpossibleinvention.…plicated-hers-the-recipe/

This all happened more than a year ago.

Did anybody hear that anyone of this 20 groups was successfull?

• Official Post

Forty-Two

I'm certainly not worried about competition for sales! I do suspect that this comment was either an inaccurate quote on the part of Popular Mechanics (likely), or BobG getting overexcited (possible).

While there may be 20 or even 40 independent 'below the radar' researchers/groups working on LENR systerms between Japan and California (going west-about) very few of them seem to be working on Rossi replications. Mavericks to a man (or woman), they are mostly 'doing it their own way'.

• Rossele - perhaps you should consider withholding judgment on sanity. An eyewitness report saw Rossi turn off the power on the control run in what was described as a sudden motion (read panic). How are you in position to counter that information?

Who is this witness? It is too convenient to claim that you always have information as an "insider" if you never allow nobody to test them. That way you can say anything without the risk of being contradicted. I do not think that this witness exists and I do not think it was Rossi the person who turned off the power on the control run ......... are you able to prove what you say?

• Is "Sigma 5" to the Rossi Believers like "Thetan Level 1001" to Scientology Believers?

I find it easier to believe that Xenu dropped 20 million souls on a Hawaiian volcano than that Rossi heated his factory for a year with an Ecat...

• This place is not really a place for staunch partisans, Rionrlty. If one has nothing more than party loyalties, better to go to some other forum. This place is for people seeking the truth. We do try to suffer partisans and forum warriors that occasionally bring interesting information or arguments. But "suffer" is the operative word.

You know Eric I've been hanging around here for quite a while now. I've admitted that I'm no scientist, but I have kept myself up to date on the Rossi/Darden story, both before and after the law suit, and have read most of the court documents available. After being banned for two weeks for my "partisanship" because of something I posted on the R v D forum, I stopped posting there, pretty much totally. As I was told at the time to take those kinds of opinions here, to the playground, that's what I did and here we are. But apparently that was not enough.

I may not be a scientist or a physicist, but I am an excellent judge of human nature, which has afforded me much success in the business world, and the same gut instinct, which supported me there for over 35 years, has led me to conclude that Andrea Rossi and his tech are real and that he is sincere.

That same instinct, along with too much experience with what passes as scrupulous behavior for VC companies like IH, has led me to a healthy skepticism regarding anything they say or do. As far as I am concerned they are incapable of being anything but self-serving. Lying and misrepresentation are part of the business model. I believe these things mostly from my experience in business, rather than from evaluating flow meters and formulas that I don’t possess the background to understand in the first place. That instinct is something that I believe virtually every successful entrepreneur possesses, at least to some extent, but it is also something that is impossible to quantify scientifically or philosophically. It is also something that is rare in the sciences, with one exception being Andrea Rossi.

As it is I spend more time trying to keep up with these things than I can hardly justify, so I have neither the inclination, nor the need, to spend countless hours parsing through endless data in order to furnish cites that reinforce incomplete technical conclusions, conclusions that in the end will have no real relevance in regards to this court case, or the viability of LENR, Rossi's or otherwise. It seems incredulous to me that members such as THH, sigmoidal, Bob, Jed and many others can spend so much time writing endless posts filled with meaningless minutia, and still have time to fulfill the responsibilities of professional careers in science.

I concede that in the end it is your forum, and you can have it as biased as you please. So I will heretofore keep my opinion to myself and refrain from posting here at all. I will continue to hit the like button occasionally and trust that you will let me know if that too offends in any way.

rionrlty

• RiRi - thanks for sharing your view of how things work for you on Planet Rossi. It pleases me to know that you are a successful person and have the time and interest to weigh in on this matter in such an intriguing way. You also continue to demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about regarding Darden, how he conducts himself, how he uses his resources, why he is who he is and why he does what he does. That is a permanent flaw that renders and relegates your opinions into the realm of the useless. Your buddy Rossi is about to get a full dose of what happens when you cobble together a lifetime of lies and try to take that in front of a US Federal Judge. I, for one, am really looking forward to what happens next.

• Official Post

I concede that in the end it is your forum, and you can have it as biased as you please. So I will heretofore keep my opinion to myself and refrain from posting here at all. I will continue to hit the like button occasionally and trust that you will let me know if that too offends in any way.

@Rionrity. It is, in the end, the members forum, and Eric and Rends and I struggle to keep at least some semblance of balance, generally the end result of this is we always manage to upset somebody. If we shared a uniform view on Rossi, Me356, IH and the most desirable skirt length for a woman in her fifties this would effectively be not a forum but a blog. A forum does not demand a monopolistic viewpoint or in most cases a consensus, except perhaps on matters of courtesy and civility. Remember please, not all members can possibly please all moderators. A fact of life. Going or staying is your choice, but please don't feel you have been driven out, because civil posters are always welcome here.

• After being banned for two weeks for my "partisanship" because of something I posted on the R v D forum, I stopped posting there, pretty much totally.

I'm grateful you stopped posting in that thread. Your comments were mostly ad hominem attacks on forum members. There are now fewer of those since you stopped posting there.

But apparently that was not enough.

Not sure what you're referring to. I warned SSC and ele that their throwaway posts were risking being moved to the Playground thread on a regular basis. You accused me of bias. I explained that LENR Forum is not really a platform for partisans such as SSC, ele, and, without mentioning it explicitly, yourself, for we're a forum that seeks after truth. (Although we do try to accommodate partisans if they have something interesting to say.) You're fine to put whatever you want in the Playground within the limits of civility. If you want to post to the Rossi v. Darden thread, please address some legal or technical detail, or, if your point is a general one, at least to do not drop sarcastic ad hominem attacks on forum members. It's pretty simple in the end.

I may not be a scientist or a physicist, but I am an excellent judge of human nature, which has afforded me much success in the business world, and the same gut instinct, which supported me there for over 35 years, has led me to conclude that Andrea Rossi and his tech are real and that he is sincere.

Gut instinct is something. But what happens when one's gut instinct is wrong? How does one know?

It is the partisans (i.e., people with lots and lots of bias) and the forum warriors who are not the people we seek to attract here, although they are free to hang out if they're polite. Partisans and forum warriors are boors because their preconceived notions prevent them from analyzing issues with any subtlety or nuance.

Your posts to the playground do not offend me as long as they're polite, as they generally have been. If you call me out for something I did that I think I was correct in doing, please do not be offended if I provide an explanation.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.