The Playground

• countless hours parsing through endless data in order to furnish cites that reinforce incomplete technical conclusions, conclusions that in the end will have no real relevance in regards to this court case, or the viability of LENR, Rossi's or otherwise. It seems incredulous to me that members such as THH, sigmoidal, Bob, Jed and many others can spend so much time writing endless posts filled with meaningless minutia, and still have time to fulfill the responsibilities of professional careers in science.

A very deranged and cynical individual might joke that those endless posts filled with meaningless hair-cutting and liberally sprinkled with insults and character assassination are in fact the fulfilling of their responsabilities, but that would be pure conspiracy theory, as we all know

• Rossc (kind of like that) - Yep.

What are you able to prove?

What should I prove? I have always expressed opinions, my point of view, without ever claiming to possess the absolute truth. You are the one who claims to know the truth and say you have witnesses but then you do not let us know who they are. So you are the one who has to prove what you say, not me, otherwise your words are worth less than garbage.

"Get out, you're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge" :)

• you have no curiosity and would never make a scientist. You think a test (undoubtedly recommended by Rossi and Fabioni, probably set up by them) showing COP=9 means a reactor works? The evidence of Rossi's tests, even when checked by 6 high-powered academics, giving lagre false positives is legendary.

THH your habit to insult others is typical of the Voice of IH. The evidence you cite against Rossi is part of a legend in the sense that they do not exist like the Saint Graal.

So did you think that you are the the only one who is guardian of the Truth ? Like Gandalf ?

Moved from the Rossi v. Darden thread. Eric

• Nothing of Rossi's has worked in the IH era.

I know this is hard for you to accept but the empty reactor had the same performance as the loaded reactor on a side-by-side basis.

WOW you must say that to all Investors that visited Doral with Darden and that had put their money in IH.

And where is now all this money ? we are talking about 250M$ not just few bucks.

It would be interesting to understand why IH has approved the first test done by them in Ferrara and payed 10M$ to Rossi.

Moved from the Rossi v. Darden thread. As we've been over the matter several times before, but which you ignore, the 250 million dollar figure is probably a canard. Eric

• Double Dang - R and his cohorts are up to 20 properties in South Florida. $5M+ worth of real estate. The search continues.

And who in the world is his former co-owner in one of those properties - Ricardo Ruiz of Davie Fl? Sounds like he has a Sterling problem if this is the same guy.

• Double Dang - R and his cohorts are up to 20 properties in South Florida. $5M+ worth of real estate. The search continues.

And who in the world is his former co-owner in one of those properties - Ricardo Ruiz of Davie Fl? Sounds like he has a Sterling problem if this is the same guy.

Well, it makes sense. Rossi perhaps needs to test the ability of 20 e-cats to heat condos, for which of course he needs 20 condos. I bet they've been doing it for more than a year.

And given the electric heater thing that RossiSays would be 100% true.

• Yeah buddy - the smallest one is 475 sq ft and he was asking $1500/m for rent. I bet one QX could heat that puppy in the summer - there needs to be room for the heat exchanger as there is no loft. Maybe he can hang it in the window sort of like an AC unit.

Surely there is a way. Then there is the 1MW QX assemblage which should be able to heat several city blocks down there in the summer.

Its going to be a fun summer in Miami!

• "And who in the world is his former co-owner in one of those properties -

Ricardo Ruiz of Davie Fl? Sounds like he has a Sterling problem if this
    is the same guy."

Are you sure that AR is fortytwo years old?

"This place is for people seeking the truth. We do try to suffer partisans and forum warriors that occasionally bring interesting information or arguments. But "suffer" is the operative word."

• Rionrlty

I may not be a scientist or a physicist, but I am an excellent judge of human nature, which has afforded me much success in the business world, and the same gut instinct, which supported me there for over 35 years, has led me to conclude that Andrea Rossi and his tech are real and that he is sincere.

Congratulations on your success but that may depend on knowing your field of work as much or at least as well as knowing "human nature." Your education with respect to human nature seems to be lacking knowledge of con men and how they operate. They all seem credible, reliable and *especially* sincere. It's what they do! Rossi is a classic con man. And he is, as well, a convicted felon with no record of accomplishments. Tell me, had you seen this:

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/s…al-Criminal-History.shtml

and this amusing documentary? https://www.youtube.com/watch?…er_embedded&v=uviXoafHWrU

• Your education with respect to human nature seems to be lacking knowledge of con men and how they operate. They all seem credible, reliable and *especially* sincere. It's what they do!

Hence the name: con men. Con stands for "confidence" -- they were originally called confidence men because they inspired confidence in the victim.

Rossi is a classic con man.

Actually, he isn't. As I often said before the 1-year test, if I were a businessman meeting him, I would run screaming from the room. I have never encountered someone who inspires less confidence. Some businessmen I know who met him immediately detested him, and refused to consider doing business with him. His antics with the people from NASA were amazing. He seemed strange, and so alienating, that was one of the reasons I suspected his claims might be real. I figured he could not persuade anyone by force of credibility. Perhaps he was using a strange kind of reverse psychology.

Anyway, getting back to Rionrlty's weird "gut instinct" as "an excellent judge of human nature," when the issue is physics and calorimetry, I strongly recommend you ignore your gut, ignore personality, and look at the data instead. In this case, look at Penon's report. If you can't tell that's fake, you are a babe in the woods and I advise you never to invest in anything remotely technical, or anything that requires so much as a junior-high school level understanding of science. It is a straight out perpetual motion machine scam, with heat magically vanishing in defiance of the conservation of energy. If you are one of these people who thinks that can be accomplished with a sauna, or a few grams of "endothermic material," or an invisible heat exchanger, you might as well hand over all your money to the next energy scammer who shows up at your door, or wire it to that Nigerian Prince in your spam file.

• Unless Jed can back up his assertion with some evidence, even a single post that suggests what he alleges, do you not think this is a comment better suited for the playground?

Not really. (1) Jed is kind of in the category of principals, so he gets a lot of leeway to be peevish. (2) There was this that he wrote prior to what you quoted:

There is somewhat credible evidence, from Mills and Thermacore, Piantelli, and in recent years from Kitamura. However, these studies have not been independently repeated, so the second part of your sentence is correct.

There are also many failed Ni-H studies. I think as of now we should put Parkhamov and me356 in that category. If they come up with better evidence we can move them to another category.

Rossi's 1-year test is not a scientific claim. It was a crude attempt to defraud people. Anyone familiar with conventional instruments and boilers can see that the Penon report is fake, and that even the data and configuration in it were real, it would prove nothing.

In short, his post doesn't even come close to warrant being moved to the playground thread.

• Not really. (1) Jed is kind of in the category of principals, so he gets a lot of leeway to be peevish. (2) There was this that he wrote prior to what you quoted:

In short, his post doesn't even come close to warrant moving to the playground.

I agree Jed deserves some slack given his stature in the LENR community, but I think his adhoms are lazy: he rarely backs them up with anything substantive.

• JedRothwell

Rossi is pretty classic con man, actually. You are viewing him from your own perspective and you forget that you and people like you, are not his targets.

Eccentricity is supposed to be part of the persona of an absent minded genius/professor as is some degree of irascibility. Rossi simply pretends to be in that mold. It's an act. Everything he does is an act.

Read Lewan's book and you can see what a charmer Rossi can be much of the time with people he believes he's fooling. And con men are not trying to charm and persuade the average person. They focus on their marks/victims. I maintain that Rossi's greatest skill by far is recognizing who he is likely to bamboozle with his restricted repertoire of outrageous claims (his pretend athleticism for example and his purchased PhD from Kensington University and all his absurdly ridiculous claims culminating in the hilarious "QuarkX" claims). Rossi focuses his charm on the marks and ignores the rest. And if someone, like you, Jed, for example, or Krivit for another example, seems to be able to challenge him effectively, he gets defensive, angry, insulting (snake, clown!) and nasty. The NASA folks, the Quantum/Australia people, and many others, who wanted to do proper tests of his claimed technology obviously frightened him. Good con men don't reveal their fright, they use several tactics including evasion, deceit, sarcasm, insults, and bravado to distance themselves from the threat. That's what Rossi has done.

Note: his selection skills work. Look how far he got before he misjudged and went too far with Darden. If he had been smarter, he could be in a non-extradition country right now, with $10M. But many if not most con men are not smart and they tend to have an overconfidence in their skills which is why so many eventually get caught, leaving a trail of losses and disappointed people behind.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.