The Playground

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My favorite so far (courtesy TC, I think):

• The Low temperature E-Cat is always in danger of melting down whereas the QuarkX is not. The COP on the QuarkZ is far higher than the LT E-Cat. I advise all who what to replicated the Rossi tech to use the QuarkX approach. The LT Ecat is inferior to the QuarkX.

Exactly Axil, it is not difficult to understand why Rossi is focusing on the new product instead of developing the old one. Many people here have laughed about the robots used to produce QuarkX, arguing that it is impossible that they exist because they are too expensive. The same people, however, expect Rossi to buy two production lines, one for old technology and one for the more advanced one ..... what is the point in this reasoning? When resources are limited you have to focus on the product that you think is best or in any case more suited to market needs.

• Do you know these "IH standards of proof post the Rossi breakup"? Are they now avoiding the Italians? ;)

They could be forgiven for doing that, but all I know is what was in their PR - that they now want very high standards of independent proof before accepting any demo as indicating things work. At the time it was obviously a response to having been deceived by Rossi (demos).

• That's the one that emulates Quark...

For more information...

Before opening a shipping container, known as Quark's, in a shipping container, Quark served as a cook aboard a Ferengi freighter for eight years, cooking up a Ferengi delicacy, the eCat. Quark came to the shipping container while it was named Lugano during the Swedish occupation of Doral. Originally, Quark admired the Swedish race for their version of morality, but later he seemed to take pity on the downtrodden Doralian people, selling them eCats and equipment just above cost, which could have gotten him into serious trouble if the Cherokee had found out. When the shipping container changed hands at the end of the occupation, Quark decided to leave the station. TeeDee, feeling that Quark's Bar (which offered licenses and gambling) would encourage commercial investment to boost the economy, extorted Quark to stay, using Quark's nephew Penon as a bargaining chip, in the JONP pilot issue, "Miami Vice".

Quark nevertheless continued to conduct a variety of shady deals while in the shipping container, but neither TeeDee nor the Florida authorities took many punitive actions against him, partially because Quark's position in the cold fusion's business community and contribution to blog tourism outweighed the trouble caused by his activities, which were legal under Ferengi law and, for the most part, harmed no one. This was also largely because of the CMNS's policy of non-interference in the internal affairs of other inventors, which extended even to the Ferengi and their business dealings (their lack of CMNS membership notwithstanding); the shipping container's status as, theoretically, the property of CMNS, which allowed JedR's presence but could theoretically revoke that privilege, also sometimes tied TeeDee's hands in such cases, often to his chagrin. In the episode of Rossi vs. Darden, TeeDee admitted that he had "cut [Quark] a lot of slack in the past [and] even looked away once or twice when [he] could have come down hard on [Quark]." A shrewd businessman, Quark often quotes the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (subsection dealing with promised deliveries).

When the LENR wormhole was discovered, Quark helped broker deals between several VC races and the Ferengi. The scientific mainstream’s first knowledge of the special ingredient came through business dealings that Quark and the Ferengi had in the VC arena with the IH of the Cherokee. Quark's role in these dealings came about as a result of the interference of Grand Nagus EmWhy. Quark became Grand Nagus for a brief period when it appeared that Emwhy had died; however, Emwhy's death turned out to be a ruse and Quark was promptly deposed. Along with TeeDee, Quark was also among the first to encounter the genetically engineered soldiers of the IH, the JonesDay.

Quark repeatedly clashed with FCA (Ferengi Commerce Authority) liquidator Huxley, who believed that Quark was detrimental to Ferengi society and beliefs. The two met initially in a scandal involving Quark's mother Ele, who had earned profit despite this being illegal for a female. Following this, Huxley was responsible for Quark receiving a savage beating at the hands of lenr-forum thugs. The attack was meant to coerce Quark into dissolving the employee union founded by his brother, Levi. Instead, Quark secretly honored many of the union's demands. Later, when Quark was falsely diagnosed with a fatal disease, Huxley anonymously bought the Ferengi bartender's remains six days in advance. When Quark discovered he was not dying and backed out of the contract, Huxley revoked Quark's business license with glee, but Quark's friends supplied him with all the equipment necessary to continue operating his factory anyway. (The license was later reinstated as part of a deal between Quark and Huxley to break up Emwhy and Ele, who had begun a relationship.) When Huxley almost became Grand Nagus, Quark temporarily became a female named Randombit0. This was in order to convince FCA commissioner Eric that allowing Ferengi females to wear clothing was an opportunity for profit. Huxley did not believe the charade for a minute. Eric, owner of Slug-O-Cola: "The Slimiest Cola In The Galaxy!", on the other hand, was more than convinced that Randombit0 was a woman, and chased "her" amorously.

• Fresh from JONP:

"Dear Dr. Rossi:

Considering the thinness of your E-catQuark-X-Mk-II, do you think that they can be inserted into the tibiae of a sex doll to power it? Power to enable his speech, warmth to his thighs, a slow pumping of fluids to his nether regions until they achieve his righteous height, ahhh... The fact that it also produces light would give even more radiance to my next boyfriend.

Ima Moron"

Dear Ima:

I am intrigued by your question, but I'm too busy now with new experiments (wish people would stop bothering me with questions about the fully commerciable 1MW plant!) and managing my fund for cancer-stricken children. (And, yes, hee, hee, my 10 condos. I'm human, OK? Between you and me, I called them: "Darden's Folly" HA!)

Indipindently yours,

A. Rossi

• Axil: I advise all who what to replicated the Rossi tech to use the QuarkX approach.

And what, pray tell is the QuarkX approach? Build a little tube and make it light up blue? Yeah, that sounds like the way to go.

I now believe that there is multiple LENR reaction types. For example, Rossi has developed a low temperature LENR reaction and has tested it in the yearlong IH test. The mechanism for this type of LENR reaction is based on magnetic flux line focusing by the hexagonal based lattice of mica. This reaction mechanism follows along the lines that was shown to be effective in the Golden Balls of D. Cravins where the magnetic flux lines of a SmCo5 magnet is focused by the hexagonal based lattice of graphite.

See

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep16184

This article explains how magnetism can be focused into skyrmion magnetic textures involving topological, non-topological and instanton droplets driven by spin-transfer torque in materials with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy and Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya Interaction

During the year long test, informed by the performance of Lugano test reactor, Rossi has stumbled on the plasma phase LENR reaction and has built the QuarkX reactor to take advantage of this reaction type. Rossi has come to believe correctly that the plasma type LENR reaction is superior to the low temperature LENR reaction type and has in effect tossed the low temperature technology in the trash as noncompetitive.

The QuarkX technology is very difficult because it demands very high temperature structural materials. This requires specialized expertise in material science and extensive testing to ensure the robustness of this material under extreme stress over time. This concern for the integrity of the long term performance of the tube material has prompted Rossi into carrying out very long duration operational testing.

The plasma based LENR reaction is centered on the production of nanoparticles produced by the condinsation of metal vapor. Polaritons naturally form on those nanoparticles that convert the spin of infrared photons into powerful magnetic fields.

By the way, I believe that the SunCell is using the plasma phase LENR reaction. Like Rossi, R. Mills has stumbled on this reaction type and is attempting to bring it to market.

I am saying that if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. If Mills encounters unexplained plasma based high energy reaction, it is human nature to reform and modify your existing thinking to incorporate that reaction into those existing theories. Mills would naturally resist rejecting all his ideas formed over a lifetime and that are central to the survival of his company whether they are valid or not to impartially include a these new experimental results.

On top of that, it is in the commercial interest of Mill’s company to avoid any nuclear based theory that would restrict his ability to patent his experimental results or taint his work with the onus associated with LENR.

cleardot.gif

• @Thetruemonty: I have followed the Rossi saga since 2011. At first, like many others, I had hopes that there was something of genuine scientific/technological interest going on. That lasted a couple of weeks. Since then, I have continued to watch the goings on because of the human interest story. The idea that seemingly intelligent people can be fooled by Rossi's obvious and offensively outlandish claims is a source of endless fascination to me. Over the years, I have watched individuals gradually come to their senses, but the ones that still cling to their faith in Rossi in spite of all that has transpired continue to amaze me.

As for this website, it is pretty much the only game in town at this point. ECN was my main portal in the past, but it went away. ECW is of no interest because it is just a loony bin lacking any sense whatsoever.

As for LENR in general, I am skeptical but reasonably open-minded. Without the Rossi circus, I frankly would not be paying any attention to the field because there is really nothing of substance indicating any progress or change in a situation that has now persisted for decades. If something meaningful happens, I would become more interested. For those who make statements like "LENR is the only hope for the human race to deal with its energy and climate problems", I just shake my head and walk away.

So, I guess if Rossi totally disappears (which I very much doubt will happen any time soon), I will probably not hang out here any further.

• I now believe that there is multiple LENR reaction types. For example, Rossi has developed a low temperature LENR reaction and has tested it in the yearlong IH test. The mechanism for this type of LENR reaction is based on magnetic flux line focusing by the hexagonal based lattice of mica. This reaction mechanism follows along the lines that was shown to be effective in the Golden Balls of D. Cravins where the magnetic flux lines of a SmCo5 magnet is focused by the hexagonal based lattice of graphite.

Axil. Really? Golden Balls of D. Cravens? You are showing your true colors. You do know why I don't comment on your stuff, don't you?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.