The Playground

• R badly wanted out and it was prudent for TD/IH to take the exit as well to conserve remaining research $$ and eliminate the small risk of personal and CIP economic penalties from a confused jury.

That is how I felt when I heard about the settlement. I was somewhat chagrined but mostly relieved. I figured that even if I.H. won, Rossi would flee instead of paying, so it would be a Pyrrhic victory.

I.H. did what is best for them, and more power to them. It is a shame that left Rossi free to scam the next victim, but he might have done that anyway.

(R didn't have such a bad strategy in that regard).

Yes. Heck, even I was confused about the legal issues.

. . . I see that J.M. Products has folded its imaginary tent and vanished in the night:

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inqui…LPRODUCTS%20P140000561170

• TTM - You are always ready to accept words as true only if they emanate from a Planet Rossi iterative (every word). That one way mirror has great potential to get you further - keep using it and best wishes in the future!

MY - I was also disappointed as we had the R'ster on the ropes. He was going to have to perjure himself under oath to keep his version of the story together and that had great potential to also lead to sanctions

for his attorneys. R badly wanted out and it was prudent for TD/IH to take the exit as well to conserve remaining research $$ and eliminate the small risk of personal and CIP economic penalties from a confused jury. (R didn't have such a bad strategy in that regard). On the positive side, he also left a good dropping trail for any future investor to consider in the process.

Quite a bit of this story is Dewey-says vs Rossi-says.

Based on known public evidence Dewey has a much better track record. And when it comes to Darden-says vs Rossi-says there is just no comparison.

• MY - as intimated before, TD had a hunch that the splash from engaging / funding Rossi would lead to other opportunity whether R was real or not. A combination of huge vision and gigantic nerve/skill.

The sector had been resource starved for almost 2 decades and very good dedicated folks had managed to stay in active research sometimes at great sacrifice to themselves - these folks turned out to be excellent people beyond their research capabilities which makes this fun on top of rewarding. I'm greater than 50/50 now that his hunch is going to end up working out. (not much greater but confidence is growing - still a long way to go).

• TTM - You are always ready to accept words as true only if they emanate from a Planet Rossi iterative (every word). That one way mirror has great potential to get you further - keep using it and best wishes in the future!

Damn Dewey.

Just to summarize this. I am asking you about ANYthing provable you have. To support your narrative of how things have been.

And this is what you come up with... Rants about Planets, gigs etc.

Is a bit thin isn't it?

Anything more you want to add to this?

• Official Post

. A close relative of mine went to a sports event with someone he hadn't met before. And on the ride back, somehow the conversation turned to energy conversation. And the guy bemoaned the lack of funds for cold fusion, as he called it, and most especially for that promising inventor, Andrea Rossi. I only found out because my relative knew of my interest in the Rossi vs IH case. It can be a small world. That was only six or so months ago.

Is this a 'Marysez'?

• That article convinced me of nothing other than that Rossi knows how to ride a bicycle. First, it was in Italian and provided without the simple courtesy of a translation. So I have no idea what it said. Second, IIRC, the source was not specified. Finally, whatever the article DOES say would have to be compared with what Rossi claimed he did.

Thetruemonty is right, maybe "Captain Ignorance" would be the most appropriate name! First of all, the race wasn't on bicycles but they ran, so you did not even bother to translate the title or the first lines. Regarding the translation, if it was an article against Rossi you would have translated it all ... for things like these you find time! It was clearly an article from a newspaper and it contained a picture of a young Rossi at the end of the race ..... it matters so much knowing the source? Finally, it is not difficult to compare what is written in the article with what Rossi said: if you do the little effort to translate those lines you can see for yourself that the two versions coincide.

• As to the gold smuggling charges; Rossi did not even address that in AndreaRossi bio...or did I miss that? Failing to do so is a red flag to me. Why try and explain Petroldragon and not his role in that?

Rossi does not hide the episode, you can read what happened on Vessela Nikolova's book ("The new fire"). The author has collected the information by doing private research and interviewing Rossi, so it is clear that he is not going to keep secret what has happened and there is no reason for it: even from those allegations he have been acquitted. Do you think that the initial charge is more important of the final judgment? Accusing someone is easy, but if after a trial the accused is absolved, then he deserves only so many excuses, do not you think? But after so many years there is still who loses time on the Internet to throw mud on Rossi for these episodes ..... really sad.

• Ele - may I remind you that Rossi is the one who proposed a walkaway settlement minutes before Darden was to take the stand to begin trial testimony.

Darden was ready to go and Rossi apparently wasn't.

Do you believe that settlement was decided when Rossi's lawyer consulted with Darden's lawyer in the courtroom? Things like these are decided in advance, it is impossible to discuss important details while the judge and the jury are waiting to figure out what is happening. The lawyers had talked to each other of this event at least several days before, and Darden was at least as aware as Rossi about what was about to occur, and he accepted it. Rossi has not fled, he just chose to turn the page and take what he considered most important, the IP. And he was not afraid of what Darden might have said in the courtroom, he would certainly be able to answer and counter.

• SSC - I know exactly what happened in the settlement process. IH has previously proposed a walkaway but R's attorneys were insisting that IH write a check as part of any agreement.

IH was not about to give Rossi a dime for settlement and was prepared to bleed out fighting for justice if necessary. The walkaway was a dawn of war decision by Rossi - it saved his ass. Albeit temporarily (my opinion).

• fighting for justice...

Thats what VC is about isn't it?

Obviously not TTM, since as Dewey says IH were always willing to walk away without punishing Rossi if they could to so with zero risk and zero money paid. Remember Rossi started this, not IH. And Rossi stopped it.

IH fought Rossi when they would have been better off (in terms of money spent) giving him a sum less than the lawyer fees. That takes balls, and helps their reputation.

• Official Post

did you even analyse the implication on Rossi's morality if he have a working technology.

The trial made awful behaviors visible, and if it is not just a manipulation to steal money, it is other wise, another kind of manipulation to escape license agreement.

How can someone nice and positive like are LENR supporters support this kind of morality?

The same way a physicist loving science and evidences can deny calorimetry evidences!:P

• did you even analyse the implication on Rossi's morality if he have a working technology.

The trial made awful behaviors visible, and if it is not just a manipulation to steal money, it is other wise, another kind of manipulation to escape license agreement.

How can someone nice and positive like are LENR supporters support this kind of morality?

The same way a physicist loving science and evidences can deny calorimetry evidences!

Morality of Rossi ? Should I remind you that Rossi has been acquitted by all charges ? That he resulted innocent in all trials ?

Maybe that I can question your own morality because you are still accusing an innocent man of crimes he never done.

And BTW should we start again the long criminal history of Darden and Cherokee ? Internet is full of official documents about that.

• Official Post

That takes balls, and helps their reputation.

Reading the court papers as an investor I would make a big bow around Cherokee Investment Partner, because they have really not stained with glory (for to not speak of completely unprofessional failure) and this is not caused by Rossi, but simply by incapable staff, lack of leadership, missing due diligence and inadequate control.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.