The Playground

I'm working up to a design with the same apparent peak COP as Lugano, but fuelled with 1 g of Kool-Aid powder.

But.... but.... Rossi will tell you. If you do that, he already knows what will happen! So he doesn't want you to do it!!!

(ROTFWL! I love the idea.... but won't it burn up pretty quickly? Is that purely metaphorical Koolaid?)

• But.... but.... Rossi will tell you. If you do that, he already knows what will happen! So he doesn't want you to do it!!!

(ROTFWL! I love the idea.... but won't it burn up pretty quickly? Is that purely metaphorical Koolaid?)

Burning Kool-aid is less scary than molten sand. Possibly a carbon track near the coil is something to keep in mind when fuelling with Kool-aid powder.

Molten resistor wire and ceramic is nasty too. Remember when it was claimed the melting alumina tubes must be from LENR reactions? Because ceramic can't melt at the temperatures caused by the heater wire, even with metal melting? Well, I managed it a couple days ago. Boiled a nice bubble and a bunch of small ones in the ceramic. No lithium, no nickel fuel. Only 481 W. Miniature fire fountain of mixed ceramic and Kanthal.

• Well, if you're serious, a possible fuel to use as a blank would have some of Rossi's supposed recipe but obviously, it would omit some essential item. So maybe use what he recommends but leave out the nickel or the hydrogen/hydrogenated materials.

BTW, GSVIT has been putting Rossi in his place since almost the very start of his claims. They are incredibly bright, resourceful and I think efficient as well. I will have to read the number they did on Mizuno but I am reasonably sure from the stuff I saw about Rossi-style experimental equipment and results, that it will be both relevant and fair.

• Every once in a while, while *not reading anything ever*, as Jed Rothwell is sure I do/don't, I run into something which gives historical perspective. For example, this from 2003, FOURTEEN YEARS AGO! Note, the same people, the same claims, the same lack of real evidence, the same lack of high power/high "COP" *TOGETHER WITH* long duration and proper methodology/independent confirmation. That's why I borrowed the phrase "the usual suspects" from Casablanca to describe folks like McKubre, Storms, Swartz, Hagelstein, Letts, Cravens, Miley, etc. etc. So here we are 14 years later and it's still pretty much the same arguments and the same well... line of bull. And now we have experience with how Rossi and Defkalion were received and believed proving that too many people in LENR are simply overly gullible and desirous. The field badly needs more GSVIT's and fewer McKubre's. IMHO of course. And I am not discouraging research in LENR, quite the opposite. Here is the brief article:

http://www.infinite-energy.com/images/pdfs/EditorialIE51.pdf

• Improved hot slab baking in the oven currently.

External thermocouple cast into the surface layer this time. Hopefully it won't pop out.

Emissivity was reporting >1 last time, when the external thermocouple was held in place on the surface by spring tension of an arc of the thermocouple and the mass of the TC extension wire.

A longer heater coil inside should allow better electrical control with wider input range before hitting the meltdown zone. This also makes for a larger slab, and should give the IR thermometer a better target.

Hopefully the greater overall mass isn't too counter-productive.

• AR strikes back - granted European patent EP2702593

"METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR GENERATING ENERGY BY NUCLEAR REACTIONS OF HYDROGEN ADSORBED BY ORBITAL CAPTURE ON A NANOCRYSTALLINE STRUCTURE OF A METAL" , inventor Francesco Piantelli, is now REVOKED.

• If I read this correctly, it is the pioneer (Piantelli) of the technology who is being denied a patent on grounds of inadequacy and interference being presented by his successor, AR. There are few venues for appeals in the USA for such a judgement, I wonder if there is an appeals process in Europe that might re-examine this decision. All of a sudden, Rossi appears to have the upper hand, he has an experienced legal team, he has coralled many, if not all of the relevant claims and can make what may be a convincing claim of "reduction to practice" whether he actually did or not. This is the mistake of Darden, Cherokee, IH, giving up the litigation, and hence essentially allowing a wrong to propagate and be used a precedent and proof for future litigation. Over the longer term, and perhaps fortunately, the marketplace does not care if the technology has a patent, it only cares if the technology works. Perhaps it is just that patenting anything in LENR is to remain difficult. Lesson: If you are trying to save the planet through technology, you should not necessarily expect big rewards in this life.

• The MFMP dogbone has been thermally simulated and the conclusion is that the MFMP dogbone thermal test must have been wrong.

See the following link on ECAT world :

http://e-catworld.com/2017/10/…et-al/#comment-3593524116

The MFMP ICCF paper contained one error. They tested the IR camera at one temperature and then assumed (erroneously) that the emissivity vs temperature relationship that they observed at that temperature would be true elsewhere. It is not (if you check the Optris software as i have done and posted here you can show that).

They kept this error because during the testing the broke the camera.

And because of it some of their conclusions are just wrong, though the paper still contains valuable data.

And because of it some of their conclusions are just wrong, though the paper still contains valuable data

No data can be trusted in ANY experiment in which Rossi is involved. You could only trust tests of Rossi-made devices if they were presented to a highly qualified and equipped team as a black box with input wires and a thermal output of some sort. ALL measuring devices and ALL input power supplies and metering MUST HAVE COME from the TEAM and Rossi can not be within touching distance of the device or the instruments during the ENTIRE experimental run. Measurement methods must be entirely and freshly chosen by the measurement team. These criteria have never been met. Essentially none of them. Thus none of the data from the Swedish scientists is trustworthy. NONE! IMHO, of course.

• Longview

All of a sudden, Rossi appears to have the upper hand

Well, let's see. Rossi sued IH for $89 million US and TRIPLE punitive damages. He got nothing on the complaint and had to pay his own quite considerable legal bills. Worse yet for him, all his deception, outright lies, and subterfuges, some absolutely absurd in their crudity and grossness, were revealed to the entire world in the depositions.

If that's a win, what in your view would have constituted a loss :) ?

• @Mary Yugo ,

THH is referring to the MFMP paper.

In other news, the new Durapot slab has been cured, and now is wired up and almost ready to go. The three thermocouples are currently stabilizing to the test area temperature. I may add a fourth, but maybe later, resting on the surface (as before) to compare the external-but-embedded T to the resting-with-slight-pressure-on-surface T. However, this requires me assembling another extension cable and I may have to scavenge another set of TC quick connects from another device since I seem to have used them all up. I should have another pair of new ceramic connectors somewhere...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.