The Playground

• Alan Smith

It could be that he simply doesn't want to bear the responsibility, but I'm only speculating. Either way, I have long suspected that at least until his daughter takes over, there won't be any relevant news from Nichenergy; hopefully his research work won't get sealed for 50 years like Ken Shoulders'.

• Sometimes it takes 50 years before anyone see it. The 37 or so that post in here and the time it takes to agree on anything may make the use of the internet just as bad as paper.

post or paper, if this is video- idea is helpfull to bring new ideas to the table, it may still take 50 years before attempting it. Put the idea to the test~

• Speaking of Piantelli on another thread; I can not think of a more important person to be interviewed by Ruby. He is up there in age, been pursuing LENR for 28 years, and a wealth of practical and theoretical knowledge. It would be such a loss were he to go and take much of that knowledge with him. Yes, most of that information will be retained for the next generation through his meeting with MFMP, patents, Nichenergy partners, and family, but sometimes interviews bring the little things out that count.

Anyone know if Nichenergy is still funded, and active?

I inquired about Piantelli at ICCF. He is still alive, but in poor respiratory health. Apparently he no longer goes to his lab and has no protégé to carry on his work. Nichenergy will get the patents, but without a protégé, his technology may be lost. MFMP was only told the basics of his older stuff. It would be wonderful if Ruby could get an in depth interview, but he doesn't speak English, and is super-sensitive to his image. These both conspire to make video interviews problematic.

• I inquired about Piantelli at ICCF. He is still alive, but in poor respiratory health. Apparently he no longer goes to his lab and has no protégé to carry on his work. Nichenergy will get the patents, but without a protégé, his technology may be lost. MFMP was only told the basics of his older stuff. It would be wonderful if Ruby could get an in depth interview, but he doesn't speak English, and is super-sensitive to his image. These both conspire to make video interviews problematic.

BH,

Hopefully what you heard is wrong. Piantelli was the first to stumble upon the NiH effect, and dedicated his life since to developing it. He paid the price for his conviction...like the other early CF pioneers, but persevered. After all he went through, and how successful he claimed to be, it would surprise me if he has not made some better arrangement for his work to survive him. It would also surprise me if his backers at Nichenergy -who will retain control now that he is no longer active, have not taken active measures to protect their technology, and investment.

If not, unfortunately it would not be the first time LENR has lost promising technology to poor estate planning.