New reactor design - transparent and spark triggered

• Longview said "just 100 million degrees or so. And of course the much lower activation energy may dictate a reaction coordinate "surface" with different paths to products NOT giving rise to the same gammas etc"

No actually I think there is a community working on something they call Z-Pinch that have been claimed by some to have potential to be a table top source of power.
    I have never really gone through the material.

I think Glowfish is referring to something like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi all

In my previous post I mused about Terahertz radiation (T rays) and LENR and Dark Energy, Dark Matter

Hi all

As has been noted by others in this forum The Dusty Plasma explanation of LENR and Rydberg Matter give us a possible explanation for the biggest puzzle in Physics and Cosmology; Dark Energy and Dark Matter. The fact that energy released from some…

So I did a little digging and guess what I found is being used as the T ray detector?

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6778493&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D6778493

"Nickel-chromium (NiCr) thin film acted as a terahertz (THz) absorption layer in uncooled infrared (IR) microbolometers operated in the THz spectral range. Nanoscale NiCr thin films with different thicknesses were deposited on the diaphragms of 320 × 240 IR focal plane arrays (IRFPAs). The experiments suggested that the THz absorption of NiCr film increased with the increased frequency. Absorption for a lower frequency decreased whereas that for a higher frequency increased with the decreased film thickness. Optimised absorption for different spectral ranges was achieved by adjusting the NiCr film thickness. A 30 nm NiCr film provided the largest absorption in 0.5-1.5 THz whereas an 8 nm NiCr film showed the greatest contribution in 2-2.5 THz. The THz absorption characteristics of the pixel membrane structure in the IRFPAs coupled with a thin metallic film were modelled and analysed. A good agreement was obtained between the calculations and the measurements."

If NiCr is what they are using as the detector of T rays then it stands to reason that if it absorbs such radiation it may well be a factor in the LENR reaction.

I think this might be a fruitful area of research.

Kind Regards walker

• Official Post

Yes, everything we do will be filmed and all data files made available. Not Livestreaming though - there is no Broadband service in the Lab (and we deem it too boring) Everyone will get to see anything they want to, and to have all thori questions answered to the best of our ability-. And if we hit a 'winner' we will (probably) send complimentary systems to a few members to carry on the work with.

• Official Post

Video of the first steps in the build.

• Alan I think your new power source is headed in right direction! Best of luck, love watching your experiments, Jim EM is Rossi's secret is my guess! Lot of frequencies in your current pulses / sparks. lMHO! Hope ME356 gets well soon & you two co-operating with Bob as intermediary very nice! Thank you all again, sadly many of us can only watch & wait now or else we would gladly join your efforts! Like ME 356 use of his own PID controller & unique programming control efforts! Think Rossi could use some advanced control help duplicaing his sethascope use With computer acoustic probes similar to Tesla cars. Just maybe some neural network learning models following & learning acoustic signals getting to SSM state, no?

• @ Alan Smith,

Leaks around the metal to glass joints are very possible. That could create the possibility of an air-hydrogen chemical explosion. The explosion limits for air-hydrogen are very wide on both the low and high side of concentrations. Doing the experiment outside would be a safer way to do it.

• @ scuromio and Alan Smith

One should be able to make very good glass to metal seals. The key is selecting the appropriate glass or glass transition material for the particular metal of the seal. A good technically oriented glassblower will know exactly how to do this, whether it is with borosilicate or with quartz. Gunther Weiss Scientific Glass near Portland Oregon, for example: https://static1.squarespace.co…1432670942563/catalog.pdf

Also look at http://www.tosohquartz.com/about/company-profile

• The picture illustrating the set up appeared to be using a compression fitting, not a glass to metal seals. Yes, glass to metal seals are done all the time. I am now getting ready to do a tungsten to borosilicate seal. The trick to it is to use fine wire and a very dilute borax solution to create a very thin layer of boron rich material at the area of the seal. Just mash the molten glass onto the wire.

Some people have succeeded in doing copper to glass seals by feathering out the copper to be very thin. There are videos on YouTube on doing that kind of seal. I forget the details of the trick to it. It has something to do with coating the copper. Copper is not an especially good thermal expansion match. Tungsten is better, Kovar, best of all.

The an easy thing to do is buy Kovar wire. Ebay even has kovar seals with a bit of glass already on it. Just heat and seal the glass to the glass destination. The easiest way of all is find a sacrificial electronic vacuum tube and break it up and use that seal. Most vacuum tubes use Kovar I believe.

• Official Post

I use standard copper seal rings. The trick is to anneal them (to read heat and allow to cool naturally). Since they are pure copper, this makes them extremely soft - you can mark them with a fingernail after annealing. Since they also have a feather-edge the seal to the quartz is excellent and achieved with quite low torque on the nuts -these are precision ground and precisely round optical quartz so no ovality to contend with- which must help.I have tested the seals at 6 bar (with air at ambient temperature) and found no losses over 24 hours. So happy with that.

Tx for the tip about Kover btw. Will check it outa

• - Sparker added
    - Heater coils added
    - Plasma is forming

For more information:
    http://www.lookingforheat.com/…ered-lenr-reactor-part-2/

• Official Post

This is obviously a different kind of reactor to the standard ‘dogbone’ type. We have good reason to believe that it marks the beginning of a promising new direction for our research effort. Of course, like any new approach it brings new problems. The biggest problem at the moment is to devise a reliable method of measuring the temperature inside the reactor. An IR thermographic camera is one method, but we welcome comments and suggestions from viewers as to methods.

We were recently asked about donations. The best way to support our work is to buy a LENR Test Kit, but we understand that LENR research is not for everyone so if you want to support our work without placing an order it is possible to directly transfer funding usingPayPal. It is not impossible that we might launch a Kickstarter at some point – to enable us to fund more advanced experiments and also (perhaps) to assist other independent LENR researchers.

• Official Post

I am beginning to wonder (because of a malfunction that cost me two power supplies and an HT transformer) if the real trick is not actually to make sparks Inside the reactor, but to create a potential gradient inside it. Something extraordinary happened while I was making the movie above which- while it wasn't LENR as I understand it - was deeply strange.When I get a chance to recreate the phenomenon you guys will be the first to know.

• Official Post

Hi Ecco. At the moment the system is running unfuelled (except for a trace of nano-Ni from an earlier test) with air inside at 1 bar. I am currently rebuilding my Hydrogen generator, which for now at least will be at atmospheric pressure. It would require jumping through too many hoops for me to get a Hydrogen Storage Certificate for my Lab-space. The requirements are very strict for the UK. Acetylene or LPG is no problem- mention Hydrogen and everyone freaks out! We can do vacuum down to 0.1Mb as required and this may well become part of the experimental space..

• @Alan Smith: actually I was interested knowing more in detail the nature of the apparently non-LENR anomaly you're reporting. Was it for example related to the internal cell pressure? Or perhaps did you find an anomalous electrical conductivity between both cell ends long after electrical stimulus was removed?

I don't like to bring this out often in order to not sound like an advocate (and as a broken record), but if one accepts Rydberg Matter as a possible precursor for LENR effects, then the assumption that the Ni is the "fuel" could be incorrect. Potentially, Rydberg Matter can be formed by any element capable of being excited to a so-called circular Rydberg state (although nuclear anomalies and excess heat have only been observed with RM of hydrogen, to my knowledge).

I am interested in these tests with a supposedly inert (air/nitrogen) atmosphere. Are you able to use 100% Nitrogen gas too?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.