New reactor design - transparent and spark triggered

• If one assumes this to be the model behind which LENR anomalies hide, it shouldn't be too implausible that a low grade/non-ideal carbon plasma could show related anomalies.

With all due respect, and I do appreciate the thread here: [comment deleted due to lack of interest].

Longview

• @Alan Smith
    40 kV sounds better. What I was thinking about earlier, and may be less important now that you have a nice plasma going, is that the sharp points are probably reducing the voltage required to get the spark (like a lightning rod).

If you consider the very old (late 1800's) egg style discharge tubes, they had round tips on the rods, and the glass bulged out near the tips so that the spark might not want to jump to the glass instead of the gap between the rods at very high voltages.

• BTW- Something I was wondering about- the flyback tranformer I am using is rated 40kV not 400! The supplier claims this was a typo! Alan.

I assumed that you are measuring everything.
    Anyway, I guess input power measurements will be needed to find out if there is any excess power. How is power in and power out measurement set up?

• Official Post

:) There are 2 separate power inputs. First - The complex waveform for the heater coils (more on that later) is provided by a 36VDC 15A PSU. Power input (V&A)from this is logged every 2 seconds using our own LFH data-logger based on an Arduino Mega. We measure the power to the heaters while it is still pure DC (at the output terminals of the PSU) to avoid complications arising from the frequency shenanigans we play afterwards.

Secondly there is the power supply to the fly-back transformer. Since this only pulls 10 watts and the duty cycle -time on vs. time off - is probably going to be less than 10% we can either ignore it or ascribe a notional value to the heat energy it dumps into the reactor.

Life and the universe being what it is, its going to be almost the middle of June before I have more results to show, But shown they will be.

• Official Post

I have been pondering the temperature measurement problem - can't put a thermocouple too near this baby, and reluctant to put a thermal jacket on it when you can actually see what's happening. So I have ordered a couple of relatively inexpensive IR non-contact thermometers, good for 1300C. No data logging outputs (though maybe I can hot-wire one) but a nice clear screen to video.

• You may need to put a shield of some sort in front of the IR thermometer to mask out the arc as I don't think any IR coming from an arc will give you meaningful results. You may have to focus/blank out everything except the nickel electrodes and focus on them for emitted IR to get a reading of the internal temperature (of the electrodes at least).

• Mats002,
    Interesting paper. Another by one of its coauthors is --

A new way to explain the 511 keV signal from the center of the Galaxy and some dark matter experiments

ABSTRACT: The first gamma-ray line originating from outside the solar system that was ever detected is the 511 keV emission from the center of our Galaxy. The accepted explanation of this signal is the annihilation of electrons and positrons. However, despite 30 years of intense theoretical and observational investigation, the main sources of positrons have not been identified up to now. In this paper we propose an alternative explanation: the observed signal is due to atomic transitions to ”small hydrogen atom,” where electron is captured by proton on a small tight orbit around proton. This model may also be relevant to some dark matter searching experiments capable of observing a very small signal. We propose a detector to improve their detection-reach even further down to smaller signals equivalent to a single electron and a single photon of a few eV energy. We describe the status of the experimental search to find the small hydrogen atom, and propose a method how to discover it in the lab directly.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1304.0833v3.pdf

• Official Post

These are a matched pair of all stainless-steel re-usable reactors to fit inside the Lookingforheat.com 'Model T' reactor. As always, one test, one control. They are fitted with 4mm OD gas/vacuum pipes (also stainless) which thanks to the very poor thermal conductivity of stainless steel can be coupled up with high-temperature silicon-rubber tubing. As you can see, they fit into the 'hot core's' of the ModelT reactor where they nudge up against a pair of thermocouples in the heart of the system. Almost finished, in fact they are just waiting for a final clean-up before delivery.

This particular pair of monsters has been built for a client, but we are able to offer these or similar items to any researcher who would like them. What fun this all is when we aren't arguing!

• Official Post

Hi Dan. Yes, we sell this stuff through www.Lookingforheat.com. You will find the hot cell there that these fit into (look for Model T reactor) and also a wide range of hardware and chemicals that are (in some cases) difficult or impossible to obtain in small amounts.

You won't find this twin-tube steel system there yet, but it will be soon. Not a cheap item as you might imagine since it is a hand-built one-off- I think it will probably cost out at around $250. There is no qualification requirement to buy from us, beyond being a responsible adult and accepting full responsibility for what you do with your purchases. We can accept no responsibility for a mushroom cloud over Houston!

• Nah, I'm not near Houston or any big city. A mushroom cloud here would only take out a few hundred oil wells. :) The reason I asked was because of the tendency for chemical companies to only sell to well established customers. Thanks.

• Dan21 - we have a lot of processes in place and do not sell to anybody.
    For example, we reserve the right to questions customers on how they intend to use ordered product, as well the right to cancel orders without reasons given.

For very special orders - we'd work with 3-rd party vendors that have even more rigid processes in place dealing with various regulations.
    Also, one extra precaution I take personally is to always stand behind Alan in the lab, using him as a human shield.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.