Rossi: “Steam Was Superheated” in 1MW Plant Test

• StephanC - thank you for bringing up another problem that Rossi has to deal with.
    He forgot to get his "boiler" inspected and certified - a requirement for his county. Not going to look good as he atempts to convince the judge that he took all the proper steps on his way to asking for approval of his $89M request for a 1 year "boiler" test. The hits keep coming - this isn't even the good stuff.

• Official Post

First thanks Dewey for calming a little, but we should only remind that in a debate only scientists try to convince the other side.
    Note to others that Dewey, like Rossi, or Jed make claims without much evidences. Doubting is allowed, even of Rossi.
    IH currently have not said much, but money talked clearly.
    To those who state that Dewey is in mission to communicate, I'm sorry to say that there are more professional methods to spread FUD than bloody flame war. I hope APCO have better PR experts than those freely sharing their positions and emotions here.
    Note also that nobody need sockpuppet as they have fans.

As people have noticed I changed (this is what make me different from believers, and skeptopaths) my intuition on that affair. I'm not happy of it, but now not desperate, and I advise everybody to reconsider old and recent evidences, coincidences, backlogs, behaviors, claims, errors, and various theories.

Anyway as usual there is no possibility from available solid data to be sure of anything. one can at best exclude some theories as improbable, while the conclusion may be right despite the theory.

I may be wrong, but I estimate that anyone being sure of something on E-cat/IH, (except if he have insider data) is making an error of reasoning.

Keep calm, and please
    - spread information you have, with indication of sources
    - share your reasoning, your arguments
    - don't try to convince others if they disagree. difference between chatting and harassing is repetition.

Now I'm happy to read all of your comments, once cleaned of attacks... much data and claims, interesting analysis.

Best regards.
    NB: Don't cry, don't throw the baby with the bathwater, and don't think E-cat is the only LENr reactor possible.

• I hope this is a neutral question and hope it can improve the picture of how the project was run: Would someone be able to tell us something about how the teams running the test were organised? Or is that closed information at this time? I can understand if it is and don't want to press anyone on it.

I think I heard somewhere that there was a reasonably large team involved with different managers and experts responsible for different parts of the project. Is that true? Were there different teams responsible for the investigations and R and D than the day to day running of the project, were there different teams responsible for different subsystems of the technology such as the boiler maintenance and management, the e-cat tech, materials and components supplies etc. If so how was the work and responsibilities split between LC and IH. Was there only limited participation of IH as 2 engineers or were IH involved at different levels in different parts of the project as well.

• If You see the well engineered E-cat? - modules behind the famous Rossi' pictures, then why does nobody ask the question who made them??
    (Do they look like E-cats?)

The look solid, high-level engineered compared to the Lugano rod everybody likes to talk about. Even more, they look like some few out of a bunch of thousands...

But I guess nobody is allowed to talk about this! <X

• Yup I would tend to agree although its only based on visual impressions for me, I would tend of agree they do look quite professionally made. I'm not sure if they are 4 from thousands but they look like they have that potential. A lot of work has gone into that design. Good point

• Note to others that Dewey, like Rossi, or Jed make claims without much evidences.

I noticed that since the beginning. There is no evidence that this man has any official information. There is no reason to believe anything he says, but I find him entertaining, even if less refined. If he is really from IH, then its a PR disaster, any money paid to APCO is a waste.
    To keep the record clean, I do not take anything that Rossi says seriously, especially after the suit. This IH-Rossi affair has made waters murkier. Difficult to trust anyone.
    Let the court decide. Popcorn please :D

• Official Post

I think I heard somewhere that there was a reasonably large team involved with different managers and experts responsible for different parts of the project.

Stephen,

Maybe you heard that from Lewan's interview with Fabiani this past Nov. 2015:

Fabiani about his role:

“Rossi is the head and runs the R&D. I’m his right arm, his left arm and his legs too. We have staff, technicians who help us. Only R&D has about 12 people with me included. I’m the link between Rossi and the others for everything that regards R&D. I don’t have knowledge on the reaction because the formula is not my concern. When it is time, Rossi makes his mixtures according to his formulas, puts the charge in the cores and gives me the complete cores. A reactor is composed of a core, an excitation system, and a system for heat exchange. I look after the excitation system and the system for heat exchange, and also the physical realization of the core. But the core must be filled with the mixture of powders that Rossi from time to time recalibrates in function of the effect that he wants to achieve.

Fabiani about the 1 MW trial plant**:

“My ‘baby’ as I call it, because I and my colleagues put it all together, I see my baby walking every day, and now I can even feel her breath, as I call it. You feel it when she produces steam and bubbles. We have learned to identify some moments of the reaction as a function of the type of boiling inside. Just try to imagine. Now we really know what she’s doing by the ear. And everyday I collect about 1.5 million records. And it is impressive.”

About 10 or 15 top level managers are involved—surely there is Rossi and Darden, but I don’t know them all well. Is not of my concern. I think it’s right to keep things compartmentalized to avoid information leaks.

“In discussions on Internet forums everyone says they are slow, but I only see people really devoting all their resources and all their time to make this happen. So many people talk, but they don’t even know what it means to industrialize an object like that."

• Fabiani about his role:

“Rossi is the head and runs the R&D. I’m his right arm, his left arm and his legs too.

Don't let this arrangement fool you into thinking that Fabiani is anything other than a neutral party. Keep in mind that he is also being paid by IH as one of two representatives of IH that are keeping tabs on the work of the ERV. ;)

• Rossi has a major flowmeter problem that the judge is not going to appreciate

Well, it is the ERV's measurement equipment that matters in the end, not Rossi's, so this shouldn't be something to boast about too much. Then again, you might have meant the ERV's flow meter, but you said Rossi, in a sort of underhanded way. In either case, call in the experts and let them battle it out--under oath. Nothing to fear but fear itself. Let the truth be known, whatever it may be.

• He forgot to get his "boiler" inspected and certified - a requirement for his county.

And IH participated in the design and auditing of the test, offering a bounty for completion? Surely they knew their newly acquired IP was not "certified."

Sort of a "chicken and egg" situation, anyone attempting to design and test a new type of boiler which can't be tested unless completed and certified, eh?

• He forgot to get his "boiler" inspected and certified

Rossi has actually shown the safety certification. There is evidence of this.

Not going to look good as he atempts to convince the judge that he took all the proper steps on his way to asking for approval of his $89M request for a 1 year "boiler" test.

This isn't a communist country where one must ask for permission to innovate. This is America. And at this point, the state doesn't even recognize LENR as anything beyond a fantasy, so not sure how they are going to regulate a supposed fantasy. Nevertheless, my guess is that Rossi played it safe and made contact with the appropriate authorities prior to the test. Did IH do the same? After all the plant was allegedly constructed by IH, and was apparently paid for the heat generated by the plant.

• Quote from stephenrenzz: “They are obviously being used as talking points so Rossi can answer questions he wants to appear coming from individuals.”

It could just as well (and actually more likely) be IH trying to goad Rossi into taking a stance on…

OHHHH Fanboy, you are not paying attention to what I am saying...and you have not paid attention to what Rossi's sock puppets are saying. It is relatively easy way to pick out Rossi's sock puppets, because they generate questions that ROSSI wants asked that support and bolster his side...he creates his own artifical sounding board. Why on earth would IH use sockpuppets to HELP Rossi? I had a little faith in your sleuthing pursuits, but your false logic is quickly destroying that. Go study some of Rossi's sockpuppet posts. JoNP has about 5 of them at least.

• . . .because they generate questions that ROSSI wants asked that support and bolster his side...he creates his own artifical sounding board. Why on earth would IH use sockpuppets to HELP Rossi?

There are two very strong motives for operatives of IH to do this:
    1) To discredit Rossi
    2) To goad Rossi into taking a public position on the record, whether it supposedly supports and bolsters his side or not.

Now, I understand that we all have our biases, and that you start from the position that Rossi is so inept as to make a buffoon of himself. I come from a different place, seeing that Dewey (or someone claiming to be Dewey) has promised asymmetric attacks coming Rossi's way. I see the motives. I see the execution of a plan to discredit. It might not even be IH. There are plenty of Rossi haters of all stripes, and all it takes is for one of them to mount such a simple campaign. You can't have certainty of identity on the Internet. Someone can always be masquerading as someone else. Why you seem to be so certain about it puzzles me--and actually leads me to believe that it is you doing the sock puppeting. Of course, that is impossible to prove, and impossible to refute. So, in the end, we all have to live with some uncertainty.

• Official Post

Fabiani like Rossi, Dewey, Jed, make claims...

Alain,

Like you I no longer feel it likely that Rossi has anything...or at the least, he has such an incompetent personality, he will go to the grave with his Ecat, and whatever secrets he has.

Still though, there is so much that doesn't add up when comparing arguments. In this case, Fabiani's account of the operation describes a robust R/D program with many motivated employees, a business like hierarchy with mangers above, while what we read from Dewey makes it sound like Rossi, and IH's 2 observers was about the extent of it...along with perhaps the sound of crickets. :) Fabiani talks of hustle and bustle, while Dewey talks of empty rooms, and little activity. Quite the contrast.

Similar to the stark contrast between Rossi and his lawyer claiming the ERV report concludes COP50, while IH putting word out of a COP1. No middle ground between the sides in any way it seems. It would be nice for us to be able to read the ERV report ourselves, read IH's official response, so that we can paint our own pictures. I am a little tired of others doing the painting for us.

• Fabiani like Rossi, Dewey, Jed, make claims...
    They seems to disagree on some point...

some of them, but not all are probably right.

The big difference being Fabiani and Rossi making FIRST HAND claims, gathered by actually being physically present, and written down in an official complaint, not simple second hand Beaver/Jed/Renzzie FUD. Big difference. HUGE.

• Another posting / insult swarm from Team Rossi - that seems to always happen when they get nervous. The flowmeter problem has to do with serial numbers. Rossi and Penon must not have thought that IH was paying very close attention and THEY have a very serious problem with only one explanation - deception.

While we're at it, a boiler in any metro area requires inspection and certification before it can be used. Was it not boiling or something like that? Does Rossi think that he was an exception to the law because his mega-important $89m, 350 day, 24/7 1MW boiler "test"?

I love how Team Rossi thinks they are up against some big organization. If I may borrow a term from R, that is "delicious".

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.