Rossi: “Steam Was Superheated” in 1MW Plant Test

• Sifferkoll - have you met Rossi?

As you know Rossi visited Stockholm two weeks ago, and I can see the City Hall (where the Nobel ceremony is held) if I look out my window now. I leave the rest to your imagination.

• Quote from Sifferkoll: “Have you met him? Or are you making stuff up?”

What I say is usually quite precise, which means you need to read with attention. When i say "public persona" I mean as he comes over on his blog etc. I've never met him and in…

Oh, I'm reading with attention. Most people manage to be somewhat polite in private occasionally. That is not why I'm asking. I'm of course refering to the "showman" epithet. This one can hardly be set from a distance. Actually no one that met Rossi in person I've talked to is using that epithet, only tons of other random people making random personal judgements from a distance. Like you.

This one can hardly be set from a distance.

Sifferkoll your distortion of common sense amazes me. You don't think somone claiming to cure the worlds ills and help dying children, posting on his own "Journal of Nuclear Physics" blog to a devoted band of internet followers 24/7, is the "public persona" of a showman? And why can postings on a blog not be read from a distance?

I specifically was not making a personal judgement - but one about public image. As I indicated with "public persona".

Let me amplify my last statement: you need to read with attention and process accurately what you have read.

• Quote: “This one can hardly be set from a distance.”

Sifferkoll your distortion of common sense amazes me. You don't think somone claiming to cure the worlds ills and help dying children, posting on his own "Journal of Nuclear Physics" blog to a…

Well, maybe you have a distorted (at least different from mine) view of the "showman" title. As long as you agree to being a "showman" yourself I'm fine with it. I guess it would include me as well.

• Isn't pseudoscience a great ill in the world?
    Won't children get cancer because of unregulated LENR experiments?
    Don't you strive for perpetual motion, in your holy crusade (how long have you been on this forum and others)?

You are doing God's work, Thomas Clarke. Be proud.

• You must speak for yourself. Personally I've never claimed to be able to solve the world's ills or help children with cancer. Nor to mass-produce a free energy device.

Oh! I'll not judge you for not caring about the children with cancer, since I know you do soooo much more important work on the GLOBAL scale reducing CO2 and selling the AGW agenda.

• You must speak for yourself. Personally I've never claimed to be able to solve the world's ills or help children with cancer. Nor to mass-produce a free energy device.

Rossi never claimed the E-Cat to be a "free energy device", but a NiH LENR reactor, which makes a big difference (E=mc2 vs. E=bs). Someone that meticulous about technical details shouldn't be that sloppy with his terminology.

• No one believes in the future of the E-Cat, not even Rossi himself, who is focusing totally on his new design, the QuarkX.

This doesn't mean, that the E-Cat never had produced excess heat or that the NiH process is a failure, but it shows that Rossi's claims of COP 50 are not more than calculation mambo jambo.

The same magical calculation tricks as have been utilized before, in 2011. (Ignoring real measured values and claiming that all water had been vaporized to superheated dry steam, when in reality it was only a kind of wet steam.)

The only way to prove otherwise would be if the ERV report contains among other details explicit and continuous measured data of steam quality (temperature, pressure, specific volume).

But that's not to expect, because Rossi has already proclaimed that the steam quality had been verified by the "customer". And we all know, what that means.

If that will be true and the data is missing in the report, this would be a clear indication of fraud, because the allegations made in 2011 were primarily based on steam quality and no one who got these allegations in the past would publish a test report without proper measurements of steam quality, especially without parameters like the specific volume of the steam.

• Quote: “I just reviewed the complaint again...please point to to where I can find evidence that IH had to lie about the IP to get Woodford in (and start working on patent short cuts and bringing in Brillouin etc to hedge) or even the claim of such...I…

I appreciate you reposting part of what I just read, but nowhere there do I see actual documentation matching your fantasy slant. A+ for effort though!!

Your panic comment is interesting to me as I believe you have posed it to me before as well. I am gonna cut the sarcasm bull$hit for a minute and speak 100% real....seriously lol!!! First of all, I have no investment or vested interest in this case and thus do not take it personal. Typically I am laughing or just grinning when things get heated as I have been well seasoned by decades of trolls on forums since the days of BBS'es... so the attacks toward me are actually fun. Whether you believe it or not, I am interested in the prospects of LENR. There was a time I had faith in Rossi...much faith actually. Rossi has shown me time and time again that he cannot be trusted, so I am interested in the truth. From my perspective, all we get from Rossi is failed extraordinary promises shrouded in unending secrecy with promise of more shrouded secrets to come!! I have absolutely no reason to be in any kind of panic mode, so that angle you keep trying to perpetuate is really lost on me. To be 100% completely honest...while I have much interest in LENR and admittedly followed the fraudster Steorn for many years, I am beyond fascinated by this drama that is unfolding. I sometimes feel like this is groundhog day after Steorn. As someone with absolutely no horse in this race, I have the unique advantage of seeing it from the outside. I see people like you and 99.64324% of E-Scat World believing every word out of Rossi's mouth like it comes directly from the lord above himself. I fully understand why there is so much faith and and serious fear that you may very well be finding out, very soon, that the savior was a fraud. This is so very evident in the vitriol and rhetoric that comes from Rossi supporters. All it takes is one day as a skeptic on E-Scat World to see how "PANICKED" the believers really are...some days I think Engineer over there is gonna literally have a melt down when anything anti-Rossi is uttered. I also understand where your dislike for those who believe Rossi is not honest comes from...they represents the impending doom for the faith in Rossi. You can almost feel the fear on E-Scat shrouded in anger when certain individuals names are mentioned...I think we all know who they are lol. So take what you want, but honestly the panic and fear angle from this side of the fence is pretty much moot...this is just a REAL interesting made-for-internet drama that I am watching unfold, and like all good dramas there is a villain and I am sure who it is.

• Could you please explain why various factions here in LENR sphere have to gain by posting such nonsense on both sides of the fence? I am very straightforward in this. I would like to think I have an open mind and nothing to gain by NOT knowing the truth. This dribble does not decide lawsuits. I am just confounded and would like to know why.

Posting here is generally not by factions. It is by individuals, almost entirely men, one might notice, and each has his motivation.

Mostly, I post because I see something and have something to say about it. I research as I write, usually, and writing is, then, how I learn.

There are others, like me, here who had occasion to study and learn something that may not be widely understood. The write about what they found. The motivation is only to share.

There are others who have an emotional investment in this or that idea as being right. They write to prove they are right.

There are others who are attacking what they see as evil in the world. They write to expose and blame evil.

Now, factions. There is only, to my knowledge, a low level of factional behavior here, beyond people simply agreeing with each other in various ways.

I will be specific. Dewey Weaver is connected in some way with IH. He may have explained this privately, but I don't remember the details and I'm not going to look it up, because ... it would be private! He is providing "information" in dribs and drabs and hints. I do not interpret this as representing IH in any way. Rather, Dewey is not a "grizzled internet veteran" and this kind of on-line flaming is new for him, if I'm correct. I read him as being highly offended by Rossi's behavior, which he may have been able to see more closely and intimately than any of the rest of us.

I do not conclude anything about Rossi or IH from Dewey's behavior.

Now, to the point. You are confused and want to know the truth. We all would like to know the truth, right?

But it's not accessible, necessarily. So we invent stories or we want to create a story that we can think is the "truth."

And if is very human to rush ahead with this. Many or most of us feel powerless in this situation, as to actually finding and confirming the truth for ourselves. So we talk with others, come up with ideas, support or oppose them.

And, yes, it's dribble and fluff.

There is one person here with a long-term involvement who could be thought of as factionally allied with Rossi. Sifferkoll.

Or he is merely an opinionated blogger.

In the absence of clear and verifiable information, what we each have is our impressions, how the various evidences and rumors that come to us occur to us. These impressions will be created based on many factors: how we think about people and how people behave, that is, our social models, and this comes from our past, generally, and in this field, the knowledge we have of the field.

I would think that by looking for clues as to affect, you may be able to distinguish what is going on with each writer, especially over time.

Always, first, look at your own state of being. It all starts there.

• That AR has lost interest in the Ecat MAY not be entirely true.

He claims that an order for several more 1MW units will be fulfilled

Then again, he claims a lot of things

• Siffer,

You already said elsewhere you met Rossi during his visit. I was going to ask you at the time what he said, then forgot with all the other stuff going on. So obviously he made a good impression on you. Other's like Focardi, Essen, Kullander,…

Apart from being able to confirm what is said on Mats blog, we actually mostly covered common grounds in endurance sports; ie. long distance running on Lidingö where Andrea spent some time in the early 70's when he was in the national marathon team. I learned a bit of the pains involved in running for 24 hours straight ... He called it reaching a metaphysical state ...

• Sifferkoll, that comment seems far to me from anything that can reasonably be concluded. We have so little information. I'm almost inclined to think Dewey's bully-boy language appropriate in response!

There are people who readily believe that others are lying. It is not a mark of sobriety. In this case, it is highly unlikely that IH lied to Woodford. What was said to Woodford is not known, so this is simply evil surmise. What is the evidence that they lied? Rossi's own speculations?

In this affair, there was long suspicion that Rossi faked certain tests, that he would have had to have known that, say, there would be overflow water from his e-Cats; this was all readily explainable, and it was not illegal for Rossi to lie. It is not criminal "fraud" to put on a fake public demonstration, and it is not civil fraud unless someone is harmed -- and forming wrong beliefs is not harm, in itself. However, at that point, I often wrote that I assume that Rossi was telling anyone who invested the truth, because it would be deception in obtaining investment or similar gain, to the detriment of the investor, that would be fraud.

In this whole affair, there has often been the argument that Rossi must be telling the truth, because it would be crazy for him to lie, since he would be found out. My comments about Rossi's possible insanity are intended to point out that we cannot assume he is sane. There is plenty of evidence to indicate an imbalance of some kind, just read An Impossible Invention. "Insane" does not mean that he is lying, but it does mean that every statement should be verified if it is of importance. And very much of what Rossi has said has not been verifiable.

Rossi has a story about life, and his life has been full of people out to harm him.

IH is operating at a level where individual psychology is of less weight. They are professionals, dealing with risky investments. They can make mistakes (or a risk falls to the loss side). So the investors lose money. IH and its officers are still okay. But if they lie, and if that can be shown, they are screwed. For that, they could go to prison.

So what we have here is a claim that they lied, based on what evidence? What I see is very weak inference, from not understanding how a VC firm would operate in this area.

And then Dewey Weaver, who knows the IH people personally, takes high offense. I don't wonder.

More will be revealed

• Quote from Thomas Clarke: “Quote from Sifferkoll: “Have you met him? Or are you making stuff up?”

What I say is usually quite precise, which means you need to read with attention. When i say "public persona" I mean as he comes over on…

Ohh the irony of someone speaking of a "showman" epithet....who uses a registered trademark symbol at the end of his name. Siffer...you never fail to entertain.

• Quote from "Abd"

it is highly unlikely that IH lied to Woodford. What was said to Woodford is not known, so this is simply evil surmise.
    There is plenty of evidence to indicate an imbalance of some kind, just read An Impossible Invention. "Insane" does not mean that he is lying, but it does mean that every statement should be verified if it is of importance. And very much of what Rossi has said has not been verifiable.
    IH is operating at a level where individual psychology is of less weight. They are professionals, dealing with risky investments.

What are you spinning? Are you actually trying to tell us that it is more likely that Darden tells the truth, or Weaver, than Rossi? And to do that you're using long distance psychiatric diagnosis... Are u for real? Do you actually believe that VC's dont deal with psychology and are professional. Wow! You got a surprise coming... BTW, there are research showing a very high prevalence of psychopaty among these kind of business leaders - maybe you could use that research to label Darden / Weaver instead ? It would bring ýou another result of your analysis anyway

• Quote from "renzzzzzie"

Ohh the irony of someone speaking of a "showman" epithet....who uses a registered trademark symbol at the end of his name. Siffer...you never fail to entertain.

Trying is believing. You sure got that right... The words look nice but there is something with the panic in between that doesnt come out right. Bad nights sleep, eh?

also I tried to get some meaning out of this quote of yours. You seem a bit tired :D

Quote from "renzz"

am are this grinning be why absolutely as have I that for or and fear to sarcasm unfold, get is those since shown this very anything so actually. no are...some has Steorn. lol. one well a mouth who to who of they by gonna days case the rhetoric just investment know himself. and no comes interested doom days pretty my is of trolls the I real....seriously and promises been interesting have you I as You see so bull$hit represents unfolding. feel was of believe From and it sometimes time that it come!! finding secrets the it in fully on is attacks panic on with of followed is secrecy I from Typically reason that get I have a of posed interesting faith E-Scat really you your gonna out anger honestly Rossi be me. the me a every interest things in is much I our in can literally had any All so the soon, I time take after am is as speak fear think you is like 99.64324% the in have from LENR LENR. for like fun. it just moot...this much are I or groundhog who to perspective, Rossi to very I all lol!!! fear fraud. shrouded certain where unique and keep admittedly may E-Scat savior heated there Engineer from prospects from drama believe in fence time on am supporters. watching I when toward kind and shrouded you many horse have am I is trying believe the Rossi the really all First like to understand we vitriol 100% Rossi...much outside. am and day I me evident good someone individuals for and the we the to REAL I it I that and it panic I is on very race, in failed cannot so he the is I villain of decades you a I no seeing forums there how the sure mode, comes dramas faith all not unending believers There am dislike a promise melt much drama the this before serious when well. that interested so above of word the interest with angle comes are and honest...while advantage out, me names believing all, angle anti-Rossi there it actually of was panic the have I in Steorn day absolutely the like you again "PANICKED" vested and in this lord perpetuate minute have or shrouded of As understand lost by E-Scat Rossi. people down also fascinated BBS'es... skeptic completely am in a uttered. trusted, comment extraordinary World take feel but is faith To as in mentioned...I well I not, this made-for-internet in not when more side of a me truth. from cut is impending the directly for 100% fraudster thus is laughing is that years, beyond be think honest almost see do So personal. be Rossi's Whether want, faith is that Rossi from...they World over what This seasoned takes

• This steamy (forgive the pun) discussion seems getting nowhere. I have some questions for mr. Weaver that maybe he has already answered but have since get lost in the confusion. Or maybe he can't answer yet, because of the lawsuit. Anyway this is just a small part of the list of questions that any reasonable person would like to see answered in due course.

1) Did IH engineers built the components for the Lugano tests and for the 1MW plant? Were they shipped and/or installed without testing?
    2) Why did IH filled a patent for a device with a cop of 11, with Rossi as co-inventor, if the previous work had never been substantiated?
    3) Why was it an international patent? Isn’t that beyond its license area?
    4) Mr. Weaver has strongly hinted that Rossi tampered with various measurements but it’s not clear what role Fabio Penon had in such scenario. According to IH was Penon
    in cahoots with Rossi? Or was he deceived by Rossi? Or was he just negligent or incompetent? Or he actually uncovered Rossi’s action and advised IH of it?
    5) Mr. Weaver has strongly hinted that IH found something wrong with the customer. Was the customer's real identity kept secret or revealed to IH at the time the agreement was signed? Had IH reservations about the customer from the beginning? Or did IH became suspicious at a later time?
    6) Mr. Weaver wrote that Rossi prevented IH engineers from accessing the plant and offered no collaboration, etc… does this include Barry West and Fulvio Fabiani that, according to the agreement, should have been IH eyes on the site?
    7) Who is Barry West and does IH trust him?
    8 ) Why did IH agreed to pay Fulvio Fabiani as an IH observer, though he had been Rossi’s employee until then? Does IH trust him?
    9) Did people from Woodford visit the 1MW plant? If so, did IH explain the validation issues encountered?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.