Rossi: “Steam Was Superheated” in 1MW Plant Test

Yes?

Accountable - for what?

Accountable - to whom?

In the context, while I'm no mind reader and not privy to IH thoughts, I would think it is pretty clear. Extracting money from IH under false pretences for technology that (at least as delivered to IH) does not work.

IH could only take such offensive action to recover their money: they have a fiduciary duty to do this if it can plausibly be done, and not to waste money trying if it is not feasible.

• Anyone else noticing the move from "a license valid and paid for" three years ago to this accountable stuff and Clarke insinuating it being "extracting money" even though it was done and considered fine for three years... What exactly is your mission Thomas making this FUD and distortion of facts? It smells...

• Everyone should notice that the new P.R. strategy when some effective heat rounds land. Now team Rossi kicks into overdrive to put as many pages as possible between the fact(s) and the updated discussion. It used to be that they scattered for a little…

Calm down. There is no grand conspiracy against IH. And I do hope it goes all the way to the jury.

The excess heat always goes up with the addition of LITHIUM.

As per my other thread. For some fraction of these results (using alumina) such an artifact could come from a chemical change in the core that altered core emissivity.

Temperature bursts need not be heat bursts.

But there are other mechanisms - bursts of heat are very common artifacts. A few possible reasons:
    Runaway chemical reaction (limited in total energy, but enough for a "burst"
    Heater short circuit and total power overload (relevant where heater is driven CV (the most common case)
    Heater local high resistance and local power overload - this is a guaranteed runaway and while it does not increase total heat at can dramatically increase temperature in one part of the system.

Anyone else noticing the move from "a license valid and paid for" three years ago to this accountable stuff and Clarke insinuating it being "extracting money" even though it was done and considered fine for three years... What exactly is your mission Thomas making this FUD and distortion of facts? It smells...

I was just making logical answers to the question asked about Dewey's statement. That may be nothing, but he has been strong here on IH following through. That, if not just a PR pose, would have to mean what I've said. How else do you parse it?

It must surely be apparent to you that if IH, on onvestigation, reckon they have been deliberately defrauded by Rossi who is pretending his devices work when they do not, they might want their money back?

Whether they will go that far I just don't know, it is a much higher burden of proof. Dewey seems to want us to think that.

Can I give you some advice? Take people at their word. Mostly that works. Dewey is a self-avowed propagandist for IH. That does not mean what he says is false, but it means you take it with a grain of salt. It is always vague. Just like Rossi's elliptical comments that historically get interpreted out of any straightforward meaning. Continually looking for hidden motivations behind posters is a refuge of those who seek confirmation from authority - if you are capable of judging what people say their motives do not matter. And in my case you have been consistently, and unpleasantly, wrong in a way that harms you much more than me.

• Anyone else noticing the move from "a license valid and paid for" three years ago to this accountable stuff and Clarke insinuating it being "extracting money" even though it was done and considered fine for three years... What exactly is your mission…

I think it is quite evident that since "shock and awe" didn't bring the results that was naively planned by campaign designers and Jun 12 is growing to extreme dimensions right in their eyes.
    Only thing left is to sling brownie all over the places and try to smudge sites turn them unreadable for grand public (count #of posts from last 4 hours). That is not winning strategy, this is not -89 anymore and there are few totalitarian countries left.

Truth will pull through and it cannot be stifled todays connected world, but real truths seekers will have busy June.

• Quote from stephenrenzz: “Quote from Hank Mills: “"all while the rest of the worlds scientists are unable to produce"

That is not accurate. When the critical parameters -- still not totally understood -- are by chance utilized, multiple…

We all know that a few LENR researchers have found small amounts of excess heat, but you are in error by mixing that with proof of proven LENR effect and definitely of "Rossi Effect". I think by putting it all in a melting pot, you are doing a disservice to LENR research. It is best to call a spade a spade. We have some brilliant people out there who have seen some excess heat that we really do not understand that we are calling LENR, beyond that it is all speculation. We have no repeatable tests that could be used to move towards a viable device, and all we have from Rossi is tales of amazing devices shrouded in secrecy. It blows my mind that critical thinkers can't see this.

EDIT: Also from what I last saw (correct me if we have new information) but now ME356 has coincidentally fallen ill so he cannot provide any info of his experiment. He is also already headed down the secrecy route in a Rossi fashion...doesn't bode well from my perspective.

• Fact is Penon was contracted by both IH and Leonardo to do the job he did. He was also the only one with experience as a ERV from the erlier MW tests that resulted in IH paying $11+M. IH obviously trusted him so from that point of view no one was better suited to do the job. Period

Weak inferences presented as fact seems very common around here. We have Rossi's presentation of the basic agreement and one amendment. We do not have the history of the interaction and many other facts.

"IH obviously trusted him" is an inference, it does not become stronger by saying it is obvious, and it isn't, and it is inferences like this that vastly confuse this field. IH made a decision to go ahead with Penon as ERV, it appears from what we have seen from evidence presented by Rossi. That is translated into "trusted," and then other inferences are hung upon that. Such as IH's later behavior being suspect.

This is very well-established from the whole history of interactions with Rossi. He has long been very strong, determined, "my way or the highway." IH may have taken a calculated risk, by agreeing to what many have said IH should never have agreed to. They were risking $11.5 million, and, my guess, never intended to pay the $89 million unless the results of the one-year test were *satisfactory to them*, regardless of what Penon might have said. At some point toward the end of the period, IH questions of Rossi may have become intense. It may have become clear they were not going to pay unless Rossi provided what he may not have wanted to provide. This, then, would explain why he sued even before the expiration of the deadline for them to pay. (In some cases, this could invalidate the suit if the defendant objects, but ... looks like IH did not object.)

There is no evidence that IH *actually trusted Penon.* They may have, and we have not seen the full set of reports from Penon. Penon may have done a great job, and may have done a terrible job. All we know about the Penon report comes from Rossi at this point, what he wrote about it, and we already know -- does anyone actually read An Impossible Invention? -- that Rossi is not a cautious, precise, teller of clear truth. He interprets things and presents interpretations as fact. Obviously, he is not the only person who does this!

IH could have known that if they did not agree to this or that condition from Rossi, it would have been the end of the relationship. They had seen enough to take the risk, at $11.5 million. At another $89 million, perhaps not! Signing, they would have a risk, but not as much risk as some who don't understand contract law might think. Part of their claim would possibly be that Rossi did not fulfill on his promise to deliver full IP and support adequate to create totally independent manufacture of working devices. That claim could be made and sustained even if the one-year test was successful.

And then we have all the rumors that cannot be substantiated. We have comments from Dewey Weaver, who is an insider, at least to some degree with IH. We have leaked information through Jed Rothwell, who has no motive to lie, but who has, in the past, sometimes been a bit incautious. As we all can be at times. And we have all the statements from Rossi, picked up and reported as fact. Instead of what is solid and confirmable, i.e., "Rossi wrote" or "Rossi said."

Beware of people, in this situation, who confidently state "the truth," when what they actually have is only inference from evidence that anyone can read. And there is an old saying, "those who know, don't talk." It's worth keeping in mind. There are obviously people reading all this who know more than they are saying, if they are saying anything.

And, always, I seek to keep in mind, the future is watching. And it knows. Behave accordingly and don't be arrogant.

• Hmm. Are you actually hinting using violence? Are you for real? I guess this confirms my posts of today and latest hypothesis is spot on. When nervous - going for the guns ... And You're taking it literally?

Sifferkoll...are you really that simpleminded that you got violence out of that? Seriously? I thought you had some problems comprehending logic, but good god I had no idea you were this dense. I am at a loss for words.

• Quote from "Clarke"

It must surely be apparent to you that if IH, on onvestigation, reckon they have been deliberately defrauded by Rossi who is pretending his devices work when they do not, they might want their money back?

As you know, this has obviously not been the case for the three prior years, actually not even a month ago, when it was all about the MW test... the rest being fine and valid. As I said, it all leads to the conclusion that the strategy of IH is the go all in discredit LENR as a whole, incl. Brillouin, me365 etc.

• Quote from Dewey Weaver: “Everyone should notice that the new P.R. strategy when some effective heat rounds land. Now team Rossi kicks into overdrive to put as many pages between the fact(s) and the updated discussion. It used to be that they…

Quote from "Clarke": “It must surely be apparent to you that if IH, on onvestigation, reckon they have been deliberately defrauded by Rossi who is pretending his devices work when they do not, they might want their money back?”

As you know, this has…

LOL...okay let me get this straight..this is priceless. So you are saying IH put out millions of dollars and over a year of testing time just so they can defraud an entire new area of science research? Oh god man, you are losing it more and more each day.

• Quote from "Argon"

That is not winning strategy, this is not -89 anymore and there are few totalitarian countries left.

Hopefully you're right. I'm afraid though that hot fusionist volunteers will line up to testify the impossibilites of lenr, and MSM will be much more likely to write about Italian fraudsters than the energy break through ... No surprise there. It will not be stiffled for 25 years, but easily delayed 5 especially if IH manages to pull something off the way Weaver dreams about.

• In the context, while I'm no mind reader and not privy to IH thoughts, I would think it is pretty clear. Extracting money from IH under false pretences for technology that (at least as delivered to IH) does not work.

IH could only take such offensive action to recover their money: they have a fiduciary duty to do this if it can plausibly be done, and not to waste money trying if it is not feasible.

I think we all agree that wrongdoers should be held to account for wrongdoing. IF Rossi has extracted money under false pretences, he should be made to repay it (or bankrupted). After all, if IH claim that the device never worked, then they must believe that Rossi fraudulently made it appear that it did work during the initial 24 hr validation test, on completion of which they gaily shovelled over $10 million

But there's another aspect. If he has done that, then it is fraud. Fraud is a criminal offence. Solid evidence of fraud cannot simply be ignored. Why is there not a criminal case proceeding against Rossi if there has been blatant fraud?

• Quote from Renzz

LOL...okay let me get this straight..this is priceless. So you are saying IH put out millions of dollars and over a year of testing time just so they can defraud an entire new area of science research? Oh god man, you are losing it more and more each day.

Oh yes my very naive little Renzzie, they will surely do it if they can save the $89M. It is a small price for them. They don't care about LENR science. They have some IP, and they plan to "kill the inventor" (Deway has numerous ideas on this as we know). Brillouin is collateral damage which might or might not be usefull in the future. It's all business as usual. (Jed will be really pissed though since he has been played to destroy the LENR he like.)

Why is there not a criminal case proceeding against Rossi if there has been blatant fraud?

And what is IH planning to do about Penon? He is sort of important ... Sometimes hero, sometimes fraudster as Weaver puts it in his schizofrenic way

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.