Now IH have lost E-Cat License and IP, who will manufacture E-Cats in the US?

• Official Post

There is no 'Team Rossi'. You couldn't get this crowd to agree on what kind of ice-cream is best in a Baked Alaska. Neither is there a 'Planet Rossi'. I would remind those who imagine there is that this forum was created to discuss cold fusion, LENR, call it what you will. It is a collection of totally disparate and independent (mostly) men from all kinds of backgrounds who are interested in fringe physics. Rossi merely gave us the most interesting and accessible stuff to talk about -and still does.

• Suit yourself Alan. Rossi and his followers live in their own world and, until recently, been able to manage it tightly. Rossi has made a big mistake by opening up a poorly devised civil litigation attack against IH along with the parallel launching of his slash and burn PR/slander war against the largest supporters of LENR research of this day.. There is a price to pay for taking $11.5M and not delivering on commitments. There is a price to pay for libel. As much as Rossi and his followers don't like this fact, both of those bills are coming due. Thanks to Rossi's choice of venue, we all get to watch the rest of the story unfold in real time, albeit slowly.

• Team Rossi? LOL! I actually was sitting on the fence about Rossi and IH and am still very skeptical of "Rossi says", but as I wrote before, the more I read of your comments, Dewey, the more likely it seems to me that Rossi more or less has what he claims and IH is the party that is acting in bad faith. It is both what you write and what you don't write (when reasonable questions get asked) that, more than anything else, drives me toward "Planet Rossi".

• Now IH have lost E-Cat License and IP, who will manufacture E-Cats in the US?

There is talk of ABB.

No one will manufacture E-cats. They don't work. The one-year test proved they produce no excess heat. Why would anyone want to manufacture gadgets that do not work?

If they did work, Rossi would have done a proper test and proved that long ago, and I.H. would have paid him $89 million.

• Quote from Walker: “Now IH have lost E-Cat License and IP, who will manufacture E-Cats in the US?

There is talk of ABB.”

No one will manufacture E-cats. They don't work. The one-year test proved they produce no excess heat. Why would anyone want to…

Jed,
    In my opinion, without the accompanying detailed test information for the one-year test, this statement of yours is pure propaganda. IH already conducted in-house tests to verify that it worked, and then paid Rossi $11.5 M based on these tests. Is IH so incompetent they couldn't do this properly? The purpose of the one-year test was NOT to verify that the E-cat cold generate excess heat, since that could be verified and presumably was already verified by IH by testing one unit or E-cat over a much shorter period of time, before the $11.5 M payment to Rossi. The purpose of the one-year test was to study the reliability (and time between refueling) over a longer period of time and over a larger number of units, as the next step towards commercialization. I might add that there is evidence that some of the previous Rossi tests (Levi, Lewan, Ferarro etc.) did provide COP greater than 1, while some of the other tests were - as you have stated yourself - inconclusive. Given that that is the case, and we haven't even seen the ERV report (have you seen it?) I don't understand how you can state flatly that "They [E-cats] don't work".
    One other thing. Why the haste in dismissing Rossi? Why do you find it so necessary to explain to us that we are wrong, if we think that there is a possibility that Rossi's technology does work? Are you trying to protect "replicators" from wasting their time, or are you just trying to convince many of us "observers" that it doesn't work. Why? Do you feel the same way about Piantelli's work? Do you feel the same way about Mizuno's more recent work? As an observer, my attitude is wait and see....

P.S. Are you claiming that Rossi is lying when he stated to Mats Lewan that the steam in the 1-year test was superheated?

• IH already conducted in-house tests to verify that it worked, and then paid Rossi $11.5 M based on these tests. Is IH so incompetent they couldn't do this properly?

I.H. did not conduct these tests. They were conducted by Levi et al., at Lugano. I am sorry to say that in retrospect they were fairly incompetent, in my opinion. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/LeviGobservatio.pdf

I thought the first Levi tests were better. But not conclusive.

Why the haste in dismissing Rossi?

He has had many years to prove his point. He did a test for a whole year that showed no excess heat. How much time and money do you want to give him?

P.S. Are you claiming that Rossi is lying when he stated to Mats Lewan that the steam in the 1-year test was superheated?

As far as I know the fluid was ~100.1 deg C. I doubt it was steam. I think it was hot water, because I do not see how the pressure could be only 1 atm in this configuration.

Many of the things Rossi told Lewan were lies. Rossi is not a reliable source of information. If he tells me it is raining, I will go outside and look before I believe it.

• Quote from quizzical: “IH already conducted in-house tests to verify that it worked, and then paid Rossi $11.5 M based on these tests. Is IH so incompetent they couldn't do this properly?”

I.H. did not conduct these tests. They were conducted by…

Jed Rothwell: "He has had many years to prove his point. He did a test for a whole year that showed no excess heat. How much time and money do you want to give him?"

I'm waiting for the results of the ERV report before I can judge whether or not the one-year test was successful. BTW, as I understand it, the way the contract is written and judging by IH's actions and recent statements, IH knew beforehand and now also claims that they do not have to pay the $89.5 M to keep the IP, whether or not the 1-year test was conducted, and even if it was successful.

P.S. Are you telling me that IH did NOT conduct a 24-hour validation test to demonstrate a COP > 6, using an expert ERV chosen by mutual agreement between IH and Leonardo, as prescribed in Sec. 4 of the contract, before giving Rossi the additional $10 M specified in the contract? This is the test I am referring to. Are you claiming that this test also failed, but IH went ahead anyway and paid Rossi $10M?

• Jed,

they bought an 1WM reactor. That's what they paid the first 1,5 Million for. It is preposterous to suggest that they haven't done a single test in 3 years(!!!) in which they had the original 1MW container to their disposal, before the 1 year test even started.

• Alan - with all due respect, I don't work with dreamers - I work with men of action. We apply capital and work very hard to nurture our bets along. We take big risk on projects that can have a high impact if they work and we don't lose sleep if the projects are too early or don't work. We have a long time horizon and are patient with people who play by the rules, treat each other with respect and are open / honest about sharing their inventions / data.

Every once and awhile we make a bad bet but I have never seen such a batch of haters, teardown artist and fools such as many of those who support Rossi. Rossi has created a stable full of fake handles and uses them on the forums. It is stunning that you haven't put that together.

We have hundreds of patents associated with our portfolios and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue produced from these inventions. We know what we are doing and will continue to do what we do. Fortunately, all but one of our LENR bets is happy with us and we continue to make good progress as a result.

• Official Post

We have hundreds of patents associated with our portfolios and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue produced from these inventions.

Hundreds of patents? ok, links? https://patents.google.com/

We know what we are doing.

Ok, when you now what you do, then explain the audience why are 'you' unauthorized use the content of the Levi et.al Lugano report for an Industrial Heat LLC US patent application?

https://thenewfire.wordpress.c…-a-copy-of-lugano-report/

• Rends - you need a better source. Your reliance on thenewfile for any type of sound positioning, understanding or logic is a disappointment, especially for an LF moderator. IH has a contract that enables every action that it takes. But now that you bring it up, I'd love to get Levi's actions and involvement in the Lugano experiments further into the mix. What exactly are you trying to say?

• Rends - thank you for the clarification. The particular filing was made to ensure that any inadvertent IP that might have been released in the Lugano report would have a basis for protection. It was a precautionary and prudent filing.

• Official Post

Rends - thank you for the clarification. The particular filing was made to ensure that any inadvertent IP that might have been released in the Lugano report would have a basis for protection. It was a precautionary and prudent filing.

You can not be serious!

Industrial Heat LLC commits the theft of intellectual property in the form of a plagiarism of a scientific report in order to protect its own supposed intellectual property via an official US patent application?

That can only be a joke, or will you confirm this in a courtroom under oath?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.