Industrial Heat Files Motion to Dismiss Rossi Lawsuit

• Quizz - a steam trap filters out everything but live / useful steam - do you have an opinion on why Rossi would have removed that from the IH installed system plumbing? While we're working our way thru the system fluid flow questions that will eventually get us to the all mighty "ERV", what do you know about measurement of flow on the "heated fluid" side of the system?

• Official Post

For those people not having followed Jed comments,
    as afr as I understand a safe way to measure heat, assuming steam was produced, would be to measure the volume of the fluid exiting from the reactor to the client.
    If the steam was dry, it would be precise, and if the steam was wet or just water, then the measurement will not overestimate the heat.
    There are also some meter that can measure mass flow, and mixing mass flow with volume flow, you can get the steam quality.

Note that there are also some claims that the water circuit was flushed, maybe hiding some chemical used to make vaporization temperature higher than usual.

This is only Jed Say's, to compare with Rossi Says, but jed have a better log about ethic and competence in calorimetry, and proof of work, while Dewey have proof of stake to make his comments credible.

Subject is open (not wide IMHO), but I beg every people supporting Rossi to be aware of the level of negative claims, which are very ... concerning.

• I recently came across the term "filibuster" in American politics? I'm not an American so don't fully understand its purpose though. Maybe someone can explain it if it's relevant. Can it also apply in legal circles as well as political debate? Or does that have other legal implications if used there. Could it be relevant on Internet forums too and if so to what purpose?

• AlainCo. I'm curious about your opinion if I may because you are quiet and not trying to influence opinion just asking people to take care. I respect that a lot. I too want to work against division I think there are many more aspects and opinions possible than just 2 sides and don't like to see attempts to divide people into two warring camps.

If I'm honest I find my self pushed more towards Rossi side of the debate by the sheer scale and style of onslaught of the posts against him. But may be that's me i don't like to see someone attacked in the playground by a mob what ever side they are on.Of course the other side claim IH are experiencing the same.

Your view is important to me because you strike me as thoughtful about the debate like me but have another opinion. May I ask if your opinion is based on what is seen in the forums or other information you have? Or is it the scale of the implications one side or the other that concern you?

with respect.
    Stephen.

• Official Post

As I do often, the recent event led to reevaluation of past events, and the landscape is not positive for Rossi.
    There is still place behind some dark bushes where Rossi's success can hide, but I see only questions.

Like Jed I wonder about Ferrara test which looks good, and Jed say some of the older tests were convincing, unlike some others.

If E-cat is real, then the behavior of Rossi is more than incoherent and stubborn. This was the belief of most peoples, and apparently of IH, until recently.

I have a tendency to trust more the people with a clean record and who have much to lose if they misbehave, or are wrong, but this is just an heuristic.

• For what it's worth I think the story is bigger than just about the availability of money. If it was about availability of the money I think they would have sat down and discussed options. Also if the 89 million dollars was not for the complete agreement including IP what was that most expensive part of the payment for?

If the device does not work as some suggest that's one thing. If it does work rather than being about money only morelikely to me it's about control of release, establishing domain dominance, controlling competition and conflicts of interest about territory especially with different territory commitments with other groups, conflicts of interest with other groups readiness for release and release date etc.

• @Dewey Weaver, for me I must admit it seems a bit the other way round mostly, but I admit it could be a matter of perspective on my side I don't think there is coordinated attacks though either way. I think it can look like that if there are teo groups of people with strong entrenched ideas on either side though.

• I recently came across the term "filibuster" in American politics? I'm not an American so don't fully understand its purpose though. Maybe someone can explain it if it's relevant. Can it also apply in legal circles as well as political debate? Or does that have other legal implications if used there. Could it be relevant on Internet forums too and if so to what purpose?

You will often find this form of filibuster astroturfing in fringe debates and character assassination blogs ran by pathoskeptics

This is an extremely pathetic way to earn one's living and a worse hobby, as it's basically exploiting language (which used to be considered as sacred) to spread FUD and lies.

But hey one might hope those dudes have access to software in which they just complete fields to get a long, boring, fact-deprived post full of hearsays and circonvoluted imprecisions, while pretending to get down to the real meat of the matter.
    If they have to write it all, God have mercy on their souls, or what's left of them.

• Here is a link for you which indicates a $27M budget for 2015: news.newenergytimes.net/2015/0…fund-lenr-research-again

Ah, yes. That is what I think Alan Smith has in mind. That program never launched. As far as I know it never went beyond the proposal stage. Yesterday I asked some researcher in Japan to confirm that it never launched.

As I do often, the recent event led to reevaluation of past events, and the landscape is not positive for Rossi.There is still place behind some dark bushes where Rossi's uccess can hide, but I see only questions.

@'AlainCo

Based on what? Fulvio Fabiani, the guy who designed the power system around the e-cat reactors, says there is no doubt that the e-cat works. That's a first-hand witness.

Give me an account of a first-hand witness that supports the claim of IH that it doesn't work?

I don't see which credibility Jed has in this case. He didn't see the ERV report, only limited data. It maybe confirmed his bias.

Woodford invested 50 million in Industrial Heat. That's all the proof you need. They would never invest that amount if the technology didn't check out.

• Akito Takahashi is effectively CEO of Clean Planet

No, he isn't. See:
    http://www.cleanplanet.co.jp/ourTeam.php?lang=en
    I don't see how he could play a role there. He is elderly, retired, and he lives in Osaka. Clean Planet is at Tohoku U, 860 km away.
    The information on government support is here:
    http://www.cleanplanet.co.jp/news.php?lang=en
    This links to an article by Krivit and the NEDO proposal.

In Japanese:
    http://www.cleanplanet.co.jp/news.php?lang=jp
    This links to the defunct NEDO proposal:
    http://www.nedo.go.jp/koubo/CA3_100079.html?from=nedomail

Which links to a research committee at Tokyo Nokou Daigaku (Tokyo Univ. of Agriculture and Technology) which has nothing to do with Clean Planet:
    http://www.nedo.go.jp/content/100763138.pdf

• STDM - More garbage spew. Nothing that Rossi provided to IH has ever worked and WIF was told that IH doesn't know what to believe / not believe from Rossi at EVERY TURN. I guess we can continue to expect repeated repeat cycles from you batch of clowns.

• Official Post

Shane D - thanks for clarifying your question with a pass for the smartyboots slant. I'm not sure that I can answer but - what is it that you'd like to ask about that test?

Dewey,

It was claimed to be a successful DD acceptance test...was it? If it was not, why did IH take delivery and make the $10 million payment?

And just in case Rossi was not being forthright, and there was no DD acceptance test in April 2013, did IH ever do their own independent DD before committing any money?

Am I close to my 20 questions yet? :)

• Quote from JedRothwell: “Quote from Alan Smith: “and I know Takahashi. That good enough for you?

ETA. $20M state support in 2015, $30M in 2016, plus contributions from Toyota, Mitsubishi et al. Some sparrow!”
    Where is this information published,…

Jed,
    Here is a link for you which indicates a $27M budget for 2015: news.newenergytimes.net/2015/0…fund-lenr-research-again/
    I notice that Akito Takahashi is also mentioned.

You think NET is an authoritative source?

A ha ha

A ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. [glasses fall off]

[Abd takes a moment to collect the pieces]

I seem to recall an email from Akito saying something like "they are using my name but I have nothing to do with this." Or maybe that was about something else. One thing I would expect Jed to know about, directly, would be the situation in Japan with LENR, because he speaks and reads Japanese and has excellent connections with Japanese researchers. Maybe he's overlooked something but ... not terribly likely. Eh, Jed?

• Quote from quizzical: “Here is a link for you which indicates a $27M budget for 2015: news.newenergytimes.net/2015/0…fund-lenr-research-again”
    Ah, yes. That is what I think Alan Smith has in mind. That program never launched. As far as I know it…

Here is a link to the Japanese "Clean Planet" project website: http://cleanplanet.co.jp/news.php?lang=en

See info there. I note that they will co-host the 20th International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science (ICCF-20) see: http://iccf20.net/

Here is an update on the project (dated November 24, 2015) which confirms that the Japanese government’s initiative to fund LENR research has moved forward:

http://news.newenergytimes.net…rship-in-lenrs-continues/

• Official Post

@JedRothwell

You are quite right about Akito Takahashi. He was actually chairman of Clean Planet until recently, but must have stepped down - I missed that. As you say, he is no spring chicken though in fine fettle for his age. Clean Planet have an office in Minato-Ku (Tokyo) now btw, they know Tohoku is a bit off the beaten track despite the fine train service.

But the rest of it, funding and the work programme they are obviously feeling less and less like mentioning at all since they fell under the spell of JNEA/NEDO

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.