Are IH and Cherokee on the verge of Bankruptcy?

• Hi all

As has been noted elsewhere Cherokee have had a recent string of failed businesses as has been reported in various sources.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10…eal-new-jersey-style.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10…eal-new-jersey-style.html

http://www.nj.com/news/index.s…bpoenas_are_issued_f.html

http://www.postandcourier.com/…e/20160208/PC05/160209426

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/…kruptcy_filing_risks.html

Are Cherokee and IH living hand to mouth?

Is this the reason IH cannot afford to make the $89 Million payment?

Kind Regards walker

• Good find Ian, maybe you are right. Probably they have been filling the holes in their financial tree (due to the losses they made in the past) with Woodworth and Chinese money and was nothing left for dear mr. Rossi. They must have been in a financially very urgent situation to kill the chicken with the golden eggs.
    Now working together with a team of APCO lawyers will empty their pockets extremely quickly.

• Walker and Gerald (top of the morning to you R!) I see that Team Rossi has had to hit the "repeat" button with a twist again today. Feeling the pressure again fellas? Was it the heated fluid flow measurement requirement (that knocks out any hope for Rossi to win on the GPA if we ever get to that argument) or was it something else? You're terrible at astroturfing and but are not doing such a bad job in your attempts to create a new category for fabri-turfing/slander-turfing. Maybe you guys should consider writing comic books or pulp fiction as that may be the only thing sector where you've demonstrated mastery of anything to date.

• Official Post

Dear Dewey, You seems annoyed by the passion of those who are convinced of some Evil in IH...

Can you however hel us understand those stories.
    I know that Banckrupcies, is a painful but normal even when investion, and there is segmentation of risk, when one investment finally is a failure, even if some others are successful ?

Why did not Cherokee just stop the project and pay the bill ? to make investors take their risk ?not to make those who did not invest in a failed project pay the risk?

Be positive 8-)
    (easy for me, I did not lose few million, just few years and thousands of hours, plus some ego, some illusions, and some reputations - finally I should be furious maybe)

• When the Leonardo et al. versus IH et al. story broke, my first thought was maybe IH did not have the cash on hand in the short period after the report was submitted to IH.

I doubt that it has anything to with it now, based on the information that has since been made available. I can't call most of this information facts without better corroboration. But the newer information does dovetail with my own observations in a reasonable way.

• Hi all

The question of potential bankruptcy is normal when a debtor can not make a due payment to the creditor.

If IH used its position with Cherokee as an inducement for Rossi to deal then it to becomes a subject of creditors pursuing debt.

Kind Regards walker

• Alainco - Thank you for the inquiry. I am annoyed by the constant misrepresentations from a band of liars who are on a very selfish mission to try and make the main funders for LENR look bad. Cherokee has hundreds of projects and has a track record of making sound business decisions every step of the way. If bankruptcy was the best business decision for a specific project that didn't work or got stuck then big boys make decisions, clean things up and move on. Billions of dollars in investments - they all don't go as a planned.

• Hi all

In reply to Dewey Weaver:

Walker - if the 1MW unit would have worked for 1 day on a certified basis then $89M could have been paid within days. Do they bark down the trees where you're from?

Would you care to post up proof of this rather bold statement, that you have from your claimed position as an IH representative?

Kind Regards walker

• Would you care to post up proof of this rather bold statement

What proof could there be? An e-mail could be faked. Perhaps you have in mind a video recording of a meeting?

Your demand for "proof" makes no sense. If you want evidence for this claim -- evidence, not proof -- look at all the guff I.H. has put up with from Rossi. Obviously they are patient and forgiving people. Since they are in business to make money, it makes no sense that they would be so forgiving unless they hoped the technology would work and they intended to pay for it.

• Sorry Walker - I've been busy. Thank you for confirming that you come from the land where one side has to prove everything and the other is absolutely positively right in everything they think, say or do.
    If fact, your man Rossi already has the case up for Summary Judgement - check this out:

http://ecat.org/tag/industrial-heat-llc/

ndustrial Heat, LLC (IH) has made a motion for summary judgment in
    the action brought by Leonardo Corporation seeking almost $100 million
    in damages. The full document is available at: https://animpossibleinvention.…/ih-motion-to-dismiss.pdf
    In summary, IH argues their agreement with Rossi, coupled with the
    admissions in the Complaint, demonstrates that Plaintiffs’ central
    contentions are incurably flawed: The License Agreement required
    performance by Plaintiffs within a specific time period, which
    Plaintiffs acknowledge did not occur within that time period, and the
    License Agreement permitted IH and IPH – after having paid Plaintiffs
    over $10 million (which Plaintiffs admit was paid) – virtually unlimited
    usage of information they received from Plaintiffs.

Bozo and Mr. Green Jeans could do a better job of understanding Rossi' predicament.

BTW Walker, A certified 1MW of output power for 24 hours with a COP of 4+ would be worth more than $89M and yes, that could be raised from the existing network on relatively short notice. I don't expect you to be able to grasp or understand that. I also don't want to come across as anything other than confident in my convictions and our capabilities.

• "A certified 1MW of output power for 24 hours with a COP of 4+ would be worth more than $89M and yes,
    that could be raised from the existing network on relatively short notice. I don't expect you to be able to grasp or understand that. I also don't want to come across as anything other than confident in my convictions and our capabilities."

Dewey Weaver just confirmed that Industrial Heat LLC has not the money to pay Andrea Rossi. ^ ^

• Official Post

Thank you for the inquiry. I am annoyed by the constant misrepresentations from a band of liars who are on a very selfish mission to try and make the main funders for LENR look bad. C

I think you overestimate the intent.

This way of mind is very common in the news, at least in france. This is how most of the population think when they consider this kind of story.

• Oh get real!
    You surely don't think that VC funds have large amounts of cash just lying about? That's not their job

• "A certified 1MW of output power for 24 hours with a COP of 4+ would be worth more than $89M and yes,
    that could be raised from the existing network on relatively short notice. I don't expect you to be able to grasp or understand that. I also don't want to come across as anything other than confident in my convictions and our capabilities."

Dewey Weaver just confirmed that Industrial Heat LLC has not the money to pay Andrea Rossi. ^ ^

Wow what complete nonsense. You obviously have no understanding of investment funding methodology if that is what you take from his statement specfically the word raised. Such poor logic there.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.