LENR Energy Harvisting

• The following discussion is a suggested value added line of business for those LENR based developers that want to make plasma phase LENR reactors more efficient and productive. It seems to me that a small fraction of the energy produced by a hot cat class reactor is generated as heat.

Other energy formats carry more energy away from the LENR reaction than does heat. These other energy formats are RF, visible and UV light, electrons, and magnetism. We know from comments made by me356, and Defkalion, that their reactors produce intense RF radiation. Rossi tells us that his Quark reactor produces intense light, electrons, as well as heat.

References:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_harvesting
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectenna
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_rectenna

For a savvy value added LENR developer, a lucrative and robust technology can be developed and productized that harvests and extracts a large fraction of the energy output of a LENR reactor via rectenna and like photo voltaic means.

First of all, this errant RF radiation must be shielded to meet the requirements of the federal communication laws in many countries. It would be wise to convert that RF energy into direct current via highly efficient rectenna technology.

An antenna system can surround the LENR reactor to absorbed the RF signals rectify them and load the resultant DC current into a super capacitor. A similar antenna system can be integrated into the antenna cover to convert the visible light and heat into DC current. This can be done using newly developed nanotube technology just on the verge of commercialization.

See:

First Optical Rectenna Converts Light to DC Current

http://spectrum.ieee.org/nanoc…ube-solar-cell-efficiency

A wide spectrum energy harvesting system can be formulated using fractal rectenna technology which integrates a high efficiency rectenna system over the entire EMF output range of the LENR reactor. The industry leading developer will produce a highly absorbent single fractal rectenna system that converts the entire range of EMF emissions generated by the LENR reactor, rectifies it though a comment wave to current conversion mechanism and stores the DC current into a supercapacitor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal_antenna

The real money to be made in the emerging LENR market place is not in the LENR reactor itself, but in the energy conversion systems that make the energy output of the LENR reactor useful. Only a small fraction of the energy produced by the high temperature LENR reactors is heat. Most of the energy is in other EMF wavelengths and is currently wasted.

A rectenna system is a cost effective replacement to the pipe choked steam generators housed in a large 40 foot container. The light weight and highly efficient rectenna conversion system will make automotive power plant development easy and open up of huge highly profitable energy market for the LENR reactor.

For those skilled in the electrical engineering arts and nano-technology, if you are wise and want to profit from the upcoming LENR revolution, if you are really good at what you do and can produce a dominant product, beat Rossi at his own game and make him work for you, formulate your ideas now and instantiate them into IP and hardware as fast as you can then submit your patents before the rush begins.

• Good job Axil. Maybe with nanotubes and someday nano-technology, we will be be able to find a energy source in a few years. I am interested in your superconductor tie in with LENR, you should write an article on that sometime. Then one on SSPs and then one ... Break down each component or process into an article.

• It took me hours to read your references. Wikipedia is a rabbit hole for me. But I see where you are going I think. Even if I disagree with something on the LENR side. You are what my family calls a good egg. I do not get the superconductor or SSP part, but I admire your passion.
    They really need you over on the EMdrive threads. You are outside the box in a good way.

• I have never seen any RF harvesting device that operates at anything over a few milivolts with any usable efficiency. Do you have any references that would show this?

http://www.wseas.us/e-library/…1/Prague/CSCS/CSCS-21.pdf

Development of RF Energy Harvesting and Charging Circuits for Low Power Mobile Devices

Thus shows that a conversion efficiency of about 80% is possible. There is no high powered RF conversion market currently because there are few high powered RF radiators in existence. Yes there are TV and radio antenna farms and Radar sites but few are interested in converting these strong RF signals to DC current. But there is a healthy market for the conversion of converting RF signals from ubiquitous low powered RF devices for battery recharging.

• Thus shows that a conversion efficiency of about 80% is possible. There is no high powered RF conversion market currently because there are few high powered RF radiators in existence. Yes there are TV and radio antenna farms and Radar sites but few are interested in converting these strong RF signals to DC current. But there is a healthy market for the conversion of converting RF signals from ubiquitous low powered RF devices for battery recharging.

I can speak from over 16 years in the RF/radio electronics world to say that there is absolutely no device that could convert 80% or even 25% of RF at a scaled up usable level. While it is quite easy to harvest millivolts and milliamps using current theory and technology, the efficiency QUICKLY drops away as you scale up to a point of immediate saturation with unusable results with current day technology. I am not saying it is not possible someday, but it is highly unlikely that Rossi not only invented the E-Cat but also a way to harvest usable scaled up power levels that no other engineer has ever accomplished. Believe me, from someone from that industry, I can safely tell you that while research does exist. a device does not currently exist and probably will not for quite some time...this really is an outlandish route to explore in 2016.

• I can speak from over 16 years in the RF/radio electronics world to say that there is absolutely no device that could convert 80% or even 25% of RF at a scaled up usable level. While it is quite easy to harvest millivolts and milliamps using current theory and technology, the efficiency QUICKLY drops away as you scale up to a point of immediate saturation with unusable results with current day technology. I am not saying it is not possible someday, but it is highly unlikely that Rossi not only invented the E-Cat but also a way to harvest usable scaled up power levels that no other engineer has ever accomplished. Believe me, from someone from that industry, I can safely tell you that while research does exist. a device does not currently exist and probably will not for quite some time...this really is an outlandish route to explore in 2016.

Rossi as far as I can tell has no plans to harvest Waste EMF. That is why I am calling on workers and experts like yourself to make the breakthroughs that can create support industries for the LENR reactor. It does not need to be Rossi. ME356 or many other replicators will release product in a relatively short timeframe. For you and people like you, this is an opening for a new and profitable industry that you can create.

• Quote from stephenrenzz: “Quote from axil: “Quote from stephenrenzz: “I have never seen any RF harvesting device that operates at anything over a few milivolts with any usable efficiency. Do you have any references that would show this?”

Quote:…

Forgive me Axil, I thought you were implying that this is the harvesting technology that Rossi is in fact using...and that we currently could get a reasonable efficiency at large scale. Now that I understand where you are coming from, we are definitely in agreement. I personally have been working in this realm harvesting stray WiFi RF....and the concept is quite promising and not expensive. As scaling progress moves forward, we might one day see large scale harvesting for something like LENR and well beyond.

• RF energy harvesting can be hard. I just found ~150mV from reactor surrounding coils and it can do ~25uA current when shorted.. It's long way to megawats..

(edit: and it seems to come 80% sure from reactor power supply)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.