IH preventing Rossi from publishing ERV, according to Dewey Weaver

• sifferkoll wrote:
    And since you are the master here (together with the defunct Clarke)

Somehow I missed it: what happened to Thomas Clarke?

Stable spin-states in physics stay mostly between -1 and +1. Thomas somehow over-spinned and faced the mirror.

JedRothwell is his follow up. So if You miss Thomas then now you have to follow him... But you will miss Thomas!

• Somehow I missed it: what happened to Thomas Clarke?

Tom left after sifferkoll began to harass him by posting personal details on this forum. Tom asked that they be removed, which was a reasonable request. This behavior on sifferkoll's part should have resulted in immediate administrative action. The relevant post was removed by Alan Smith. The contents were reinstated by Rends under a dubious pretext.

Tom wonders whether this behavior was tolerated because of his unpopular positions, and I do as well. The whole episode reflects poorly on LENR Forum.

• Some interesting posts from Engineer48 over at E-Cat World regarding flow rate:

The 1MWt prime reactor also has Gauge Glasses and right by the
    computerised volume controlled water pumps. Would then be easy to adjust
    the constant flow pumps to get the right water level in the reactors.

BTW those pumps would deliver a very boring, day in - day out, constant flow of water into the reactors.

(Emphasis mine)

Here is the link to the spec sheet: http://www.prominentxtranet.com/pdf/GammaL2.pdf

I guess that adds another red herring to the salad.

• @Eric

"Tom wonders whether this behavior was tolerated because of his unpopular positions, and I do as well. The whole episode reflects poorly on LENR Forum."

Then do you apply the same standards to the hostility expressed here toward Andrea Rossi?

• Official Post

"Tom wonders whether this behavior was tolerated because of his unpopular positions, and I do as well. The whole episode reflects poorly on LENR Forum."

I adopt the Missionary position normally, and use it to pray we can soon put on our lab-coats again and get back to work on the science. Together.

As for TC, I think he needed the break. He was posting here more than someone with a day-job ought to be able to, and IMHO becoming too personal and too specific when attacking the Lugano Professors. Also, he committed the cardinal sins of being very very boring and never wrong. Which is exactly what Mrs Smith says about me.

• Alan

As for TC, I think he needed the break. He was posting here more than someone with a day-job ought to be able to, and IMHO becoming too personal and too specific when attacking the Lugano Professors. Also, he committed the cardinal sins of being very very boring and never wrong. Which is exactly what Mrs Smith says about me.

The manner of his going was a bit unfortunate I think, and how many more of our more prolific contributors are falling into the same trap, with one notable exception, TC was on the whole respectful and polite.

Best regards
    Frank

• Thanks for the answers about Thomas. On the one hand, I agree it's distasteful and well outside the bounds of internet etiquette. On the other hand, I feel like going out and buying one of these in honor of Thomas Clarke: https://vimeo.com/155570863

And by the way, I really doubt that Thomas's academic employment could have ever been in any jeopardy from this doxxing. His position is senior teaching fellow. As long as he is living up to his contractual teaching/advising obligations, they wouldn't care how he spends the rest of his time. But at least that explains how he had so much time on his hands.

• sifferfoll

I recomend the Charlie Munger speech on this, it is excellent:

Excellent, I listened to this, it was very informative and funny, just a taster of the things I thought were relevant to this thread and the forum in general:

Persian messenger syndrome - it reminded me of the 'shoot the inventor stage'
    Man in an ass kicking contest - the examples are endless.
    Man with a hammer syndrome - no perhaps I shouldn't, no names no pack drill
    Bias from 'liking syndrome' we all do that, some more than others.
    Bias from distortion - a favourite pastime on this forum for many I think
    Overweight evidence, this is what you get when we leave the disciplines of the lab
    Mental confusion - not properly explaining - how can we, we don't know the physical laws, so we guess
    Multiple operation of psychological systems - maybe but most subconsciously I think
    Turns the brain to 'mush' - I see the signs ......

Best regards
    Frank

• Quote from "Munger"

4. Fourth, and this is a superpower in error-causing psychological tendency: bias from consistency and commitment tendency, including the tendency to avoid or promptly resolve cognitive dissonance. Includes the self-confirmation tendency of all conclusions, particularly expressed conclusions, and with a special persistence for conclusions that are hard-won.
    Well what I’m saying here is that the human mind is a lot like the human egg, and the human egg has a shut-off device. When one sperm gets in, it shuts down so the next one can’t get in. The human mind has a big tendency of the same sort. And here again, it doesn’t just catch ordinary mortals; it catches the deans of physics. According to Max Planck, the really innovative, important new physics was never really accepted by the old guard. Instead a new guard came along that was less brain-blocked by its previous conclusions. ...

• Some still think he had something, some that it was totally fraud.

It is hard to tell. Here is my guess Some of the previous tests, such as the first Levi tests, seem positive. I can understand why I.H. would risk investing in Rossi based on that. Maybe not $11 million, but I cannot judge. I think the 1-year test produced no heat. It was poorly done, like many previous Rossi tests. Based on the test alone, I cannot tell whether it is inept or fraudulent. However, judging by his refusal to let the I.H. expert into the customer site, I conclude it must be fraud.

A person can be both a genius inventor and a fraud.

• "Tom wonders whether this behavior was tolerated because of his unpopular positions, and I do as well. The whole episode reflects poorly on LENR Forum."

Then do you apply the same standards to the hostility expressed here toward Andrea Rossi?

I don't condone anyone's expressions of hostility towards anyone, including Rossi. I do think a courteous exploration of technical, legal and factual claims that have been made is useful and appropriate here. And I think there's value in calling a spade a spade (at least according to one's own perceptions of things). There's a catch: calling a spade a spade will be viewed by people who are invested in a certain interpretation of history as an expression of hostility, when it is not. And sometimes people are being hostile and resorting to name calling when they shouldn't be.

• And by the way, I really doubt that Thomas's academic employment could have ever been in any jeopardy from this doxxing. His position is senior teaching fellow. As long as he is living up to his contractual teaching/advising obligations, they wouldn't care how he spends the rest of his time. But at least that explains how he had so much time on his hands.

Perhaps. And Tom said that he was getting too drawn into this whole thing. So that's not to say that something good didn't come out of it personally for him. But let's call the boorish behavior that precipitated his leaving what it is.

• Official Post

Some of the previous tests, such as the first Levi tests, seem positive. I can understand why I.H. would risk investing in Rossi based on that. Maybe not $11 million, but I cannot judge

Jed,

Yes, Cherokee became interested by the earlier tests, but only invested the $10 million after their own, successful, validation test on a 30 unit Ecat configuration, done specifically to satisfy their precondition of that $10 mil payment:
    -That test took place in Ferrara Italy.
    -Commenced on 1 May 2013 and ended the next day.
    -The ERV was Penon
    -After it's successful completion, then, and only then, did IH pay the $10 million .

Note: The $1.5 million paid Rossi earlier was for the purchase of the 1MW.

• IIRC, Jed repeatedly called Penon a "certified idiot" and "nitwit" because of this report. Now when it comes to IH first investing 10 million based on this report and then being convinced enough of Penon's work and qualification to contractually appoint him as the ERV for the 89 million test months later, Jed, all of a sudden, shows a surprising lack of judgement skills. If Penon is the "idiot" Jed deems him to be (never mind his summa-cum-laude degree and expertise from working in nuclear power plants), IH's idiocy must exceed that of Penon by at least one of order of magnitude. Yet Jed "cannot judge" on IH. Maybe his judgement facility is worn out due to overuse during the last couple of weeks?

• Timar

IIRC, Jed repeatedly called Penon a "certified idiot" and "nitwit" because of this report. Now when it comes to IH first investing 10 million based on this report and then being convinced enough of Penon's work and qualification to contractually appoint him as the ERV for the 89 million test months later, Jed, all of a sudden, shows a surprising lack of judgement skills. If Penon is the "idiot" Jed deems him to be (never mind his summa-cum-laude degree and expertise from working in nuclear power plants), IH's idiocy must exceed that of Penon by at least one of order of magnitude. Yet Jed "cannot judge" on IH. Maybe his judgement facility is worn out due to overuse during the last couple of weeks?

Excellent observation.

Best regards
    Frank

• -Commenced on 1 May 2013 and ended the next day.
    -The ERV was Penon
    -After it's successful completion, then, and only then, did IH pay the $10 million .

I know nothing about this test, and I have seen no report about it.

IIRC, Jed repeatedly called Penon a "certified idiot" and "nitwit" because of this report.

No, it wasn't because of that report. I know nothing about that one. I called him an idiot based on this report:

http://coldfusionnow.org/wp-co…09/105322688-Penon4-1.pdf

His more recent work on the 1-MW test confirms that he is an idiot. Or possibly that he is in cahoots with Rossi engaged in fraud. I cannot judge. But since he agreed to keep people out of the pretend customer site, I think he is in danger of being arrested for fraud even if he is innocent.

• Quote from "renzzie"

Logic is a big deal to me.

OMG! ... of course it is ... (when using it backwards to elaborate the premises from the desired conclusion that is) :D :D

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.