Peter Gluck, Blogger-Advocate for Rossi Technology

• JedRothwell wrote:

I have accused Rossi of one act of blatant dishonesty: refusing to allow the I.H. experts into the customer site.

An "act of blatant dishosnestly" that both sides mutually and explicitly agreed upon in the contract they signed prior to the test. Come on Jed, does it get any more childish? I'm probably as annoyed as you are that the "customer" remains shrouded in mystery, but it would never occur to me to accuse someone of "blatant dishonesty" for acting according to contractually defined conditions.

There is nothing in the contract on this point. The Agreement apparently contemplated that the 1 MW GPT would take place in an IH facility, so, of course, they would have had full access. Timar is demonstrating the freedom from any need to be careful in what he says, which is common on Planet Rossi.

(I do find Jed's statements a bit overblown. I would say that this exclusion raised obvious cause for suspicion.)

• I think he (Mats) is busy earning a living, but also sees little point in debating anything further until more facts are in the public arena. He will be back.

I hope so. Basically, what appears to me is that he didn't really have time to deal with all the evidence appearing, and he abdicated the role of investigative reporter, becoming merely an opinionated commentator. I hope he will recover his objectivity, when he has time.

• /* The lack of comity within the LENR community is disgraceful. The vitriol within the community is horrendous. */

The opponents of mainstream play a role of dark matter surrounding the mainstream. Their common denominator is their attraction to their common opponent, but the dark matter particles are otherwise repulsive - which is the reason, why they're concentrated at the perimeter of galaxies. With compare to them, the cohesive community of mainstream physicists plays a role of boson condensate inside the central black hole and it exhibits the principal collegiality, if not dogmatic superfluidity with respect to their own mainstream ideas.

Compare also http://www.scientificamerican.…ally-is-like-herding-cats
    The cold fusion proponents are liberals by their very nature, their opponents are conservatives instead. But the liberals tend to oppose even in topics, which they mutually agree with.

• The case for IH must discridite the ERV. Here are the rules that must be followed to do this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_impeachment

A party may impeach a witness in the United States by introducing evidence of any of the following (remembered via the mnemonic BICCC): Bias, Inconsistent statement, Character, Prior conviction, No extrinsic evidence, Competency, Contradiction

It seems to me that many of the tactics suggested by the supporters of IH are not allowed to be applied to the ERV or are very weak.

The attorney for IH will be a junior member of the IH law firm because the work required to gain the experience to impeach the ERV will be highly technical and deeply involved in LENR measurement methods. A experience litigator will not waste his time in becoming an expert in LENR reaction measurements and will pass the buck to a junior litigator.

• This is word salad.

You are fast. You responded before I could correct. Keep up that excellent moderation.

• Timar - I think that it would be great if Mats has been spent any of the last two weeks with Rossi and will be very interested in what he has to say if that was the case.

The day we saw him, June 2, 2016, was not a good day for Rossi. He is one angry and steamed up cat with his arms continually crossed in that famous self-embrace, screwed down hairdo and scowling face. He is letting the hair dye go to get ready for the possible trial. He probably thinks a haggard look will be best suited for his appearance - he is a showman, I give him that. He was not in any hurry to get back to his QX that day - maybe he left Mats or Fulvio in charge.

Let me ask you this, do you have more faith in Rossi with his upcoming QX "test" results than you did with his "ERV" buildup to the big Feb letdown?

• So! You are one of the lucky, who had access to the ERV report and can tell us first hand...

I have access to some data from Rossi. I am sure it is the same as the ERV report data.

Please show us some report details, we would like to see them...

I have already done that. So did Dewey Weaver. We have given you FAR more details than Rossi has. However, you and others do not believe us, or you accuse us of not giving any data. Therefore, you must ask Rossi for a sample of data and the configuration. Since you do not believe us, you must get this information directly from him. Anything more I give you, you will only dismiss as a lie.

• Abd and Jed,
    The refusal of access is not the only very clear deliberate deception. There are numerous examples of highly probable deliberate deception. Consider the likely salted fuel ash. Then consider that he got Norman Cook to develop a whole theory and wrote a paper as a coauthor based on the deception. The whole thing begins to look like one lie built upon a web of previous lies.

• Abd and Jed,
    The refusal of access is not the only very clear deliberate deception. There are numerous examples of highly probable deliberate deception. Consider the likely salted fuel ash. Then consider that he got Norman Cook to develop a whole theory and wrote a paper as a coauthor based on the deception. The whole thing begins to look like one lie built upon a web of previous lies.

I've been aware of the appearances since 2011. The issue is what is underneath them. I've written about a Rossi Force Field that makes idiots out of experts. I was only half-joking. Norman Cook is a scientist. Scientists are not trained to deal with people like Rossi.

What became very clear to me was that Rossi was creating all these impressions of being a con artist, always doing what could create suspicion (like handling the ash), whether deliberately or through some driving force. The problem was that there was a possible quasi-legitimate business purpose, to confuse competition.

• The "ERV" sinks Rossi in more ways than one.

You both (Jed/Dev) super spin-er's: When will You officially confirm that you talk about the real/physical content of the ERV report and not about your both, personal phantasies ??????

Please go to an atorny an make your statement and provide us with a stamped document!!!!! Then we may discuss it!

• To Dewey his friend
    Just to call to your attention, I have answered to your sentimental messages on my Blog...so:

an appeal to LENR patriotism.

On the LENR Forum, in "my" thread- I am shown there to be Rossi's advocate Dewey Weaver and one follower of him played the sentimental string of their guitar and made appeal to my/our love of LENR- as if Rossi is outside it, an alien hostile force doing harm to the genuine good LENR.

Dewey Weaver wrote:
    Peter and supporters of Rossi - I'd like to ask that you think about the impact of the following regarding LENR research funding. Every single legal dollar that IH has to spend the Rossi litigation is one dollar removed from the LENR research cause. Rossi is on his 5th 1MW ruse since 2011 and has $11.5M in his bank account from IH while attempting to move to his next act. Knowing that, would you rather see the $5 to $7M in estimated legal expenses for a full-blown trial go to experts and lawyers or would that money be better utilized by LENR researchers?
    Real dollars - in your opinion, what is the best way to spend them?
    Dewey's follower, Stephenrenzz who considers me very biased- has added:
    So very well said Dewey!!! I would also ask Peter (who I find deeply biased) and supporters of Rossi to consider how much collective brainpower and attention Rossi has stolen from the community that could have been redirected without this circus. While some good may have come from all the discussions regarding the circus, I believe the return versus what has been spent is definitely not warranted. When you go to a site like E-Scat World, you see an amazing amount of very intelligent people clinging on to a hope and a dream often with a charged anger at this point. You get the same sense of fear and anger that you do when talking to someone who has gone over the deep end speaking of things such as chemtrails and flat earth. While I believe this court case will most likely continue on for years. I do hope this circus will end one way or another sooner than later so we can at least get back to talking about reality than fantasy.

My answer:
    Surely it is wonderful that IH wants to fund LENR research and in the Statement discussed above we have seen they have the group and team which can select the best LENR researchers who deserve this funding.
    Surely it is a stupid waste of money to pay legal expenses for a a difficult Trial instead of promoting LENR- awfully regrettable.
    However the money comes very probably from the investments made due the Rossi Technology- we have no proof it is something other comparably with it in the strong portfolio. IH has arrived to LENR only via its relationship with Rossi, not meeting Rossi no funding then!
    However the clue and the essence is this: this Trial could be avoided, if IH had been proceeded correctly in the frame of the story they are promoting now; as the Test has started in 2015 and they have seen in anger that there is NO EXCESS HEAT- break the contract and cease any relationship with Andrea Rossi, show to the world that the technology is not valid- finita la commedia!

Obviously it is crystal clear in the very frame of the IH story, variant, of the facts that
    IH has made a major strategic error by NOT taking the necessary decision, DIVORCE in time.
    This is the cause of the sad situation with the reduced LENR funding.

Apart to Stepphenrenzz do you remember the status and situation of LENR say on January 13, 2011? How could Rossi interrupt the triumphal march of the Rossiless
    LENR? He brought attention and funding (as this from IH) in the field.

• I've been aware of the appearances since 2011. The issue is what is underneath them. I've written about a Rossi Force Field that makes idiots out of experts. I was only half-joking. Norman Cook is a scientist. Scientists are not trained to deal with people like Rossi.

What became very clear to me was that Rossi was creating all these impressions of being a con artist, always doing what could create suspicion (like handling the ash), whether deliberately or through some driving force. The problem was that there was a possible quasi-legitimate business purpose, to confuse competition.

I had a similar impression before along with the third commonly provided interpretation for some of his behavior - that he has an eccentric inventor personality (accounting for his outbursts with people who wanted to do accurate measurements). It seems more compelling to me that he wanted the test to show something and that he stacked the deck for the isotopic analysis as well as the faulty calibration procedure. If you know your device doesn't work, this is the best way to get $10M.

Also, ask yourself why he was so certain that Defkalion had nothing. Was it his gifted perceptiveness for "clownerie" identification or the fact that he knew it didn't work?

• So many sock puppets, make sure you still got enough pairs to warm your feet (even though your play needs them cold)
    But hey it's summer in the northern hemisphere, flip-flops time!

• However the money comes very probably from the investments made due the Rossi Technology- we have no proof it is something other comparably with it in the strong portfolio. IH has arrived to LENR only via its relationship with Rossi, not meeting Rossi no funding then!

Obviously it is crystal clear in the very frame of the IH story, variant, of the facts that
    IH has made a major strategic error by NOT taking the necessary decision, DIVORCE in time.
    This is the cause of the sad situation with the reduced LENR funding.

I think these things take time to figure out. It has taken some time to figure out how he was deceiving (or if) and then to take action. IH seem to be pulling their punches, but hopefully that will end. They seem to be working from the perspective that he is just wrong rather than running a con.

Peter, in my opinion, your considerable skills and intellect would be better used elsewhere than trying to prop up Rossi's crumbling house of cards. I understand your desire to support him. Some people are expert at provoking sympathy, support, and hope.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.