Did IH's motion to dismiss ruin them?

• Someone claim this photo proves the team didn't know much about flowmeters.
    gsvit.wordpress.com/2016/04/19…ositioning-an-instrument/

This is a helpful article. I posted a remark there, as follows:

This article is a helpful. Thank you for going to the trouble to test flowmeters and for writing this.

I have made many mistakes with laboratory scale flowmeters. I have accidentally caused errors as large as the ones you describe. It is very important to read the manufacturer’s manual. It will list many ways to set up the flowmeter incorrectly, such as the ones you describe, and also with backflow and other problems.

The experiments conducted by Defkalion were invalid because they set up the flowmeter incorrectly and allowed backflow. This is described here:
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/GamberaleLfinaltechn.pdf

• Tom - IH made fuel for the Lugano test and shipped it to the facility. Chain of custody integrity was lost in the process and IH has no idea if the fuel they prepared actually ended up in the test reactor. Rossi was involved in all of the test prep along with Levi.

• Well to be fair Rossi did spend a lot of time with the 1MW plant... (according to him, 16 hours a day)

This brings up a possible scenario in my mind:

Would you stage an 89m $ show and then go fishing?

Remember that IH employees had been present there. Someone had to supervise them, so that they didn't came up with the idea to have some talk with the "customer" or to take a look behind the curtain (wall).

• If it all ends badly for Rossi, and he ends up slinking off to obscurity somewhere in Mexico, he will in a generation or two become a fabled legend even if he has nothing, like Papp (who had nothing) or Tesla who may have done.

If so...he may be able to slink off with enough stolen money to live the rest of his life comfortably. I think there is a good chance we may not ever see Rossi back in the states...

• If it all ends badly for Rossi, and he ends up slinking off to obscurity somewhere in Mexico, he will in a generation or two become a fabled legend even if he has nothing, like Papp (who had nothing) or Tesla who may have done.

Perhaps. In fact I would not be surprised at all. There is boundless patience on the Internet for the claims of people hawking hard-to-believe devices and processes, whatever evidence to the contrary comes to light, as we see on this forum.

Re Papp (perhaps a personal confirmation of the validity of the quip, above) — I've never seen a well-articulated case against his demonstrations, apart from vague objections about him not knowing what he was talking about (which is entirely possible and even likely). Note that despite any open questions, there are some really strange details in Papp's story that would not be found in the story of a normal person, such as the submarine episode. I'm left with the following questions:

• Did Papp have something interesting, and his fertile imagination went overboard and cooked up stuff that wasn't plausible in order to explain it?
    • What to make of the affirmative third-party accounts of his demonstrations? (See, e.g., Mallove's writeup.)
    • McKubre took a look at Bob Rohner's device and thought it was doing something quite interesting; video here. Bob Rohner worked directly with Papp at one point.

I've read through Papp's patents, which are a farrago of details, many probably unrelated to anything important. There are a few details in them that make me think that Papp might have been seeing something LENR-ish.

• If so...he may be able to slink off with enough stolen money to live the rest of his life comfortably. I think there is a good chance we may not ever see Rossi back in the states...

Possibly. But given the close working arrangement between Mexico and the US, I suspect there may be a relevant extradition treaty that can be invoked.

• Dewey

IHFB - IH has not seen any excess heat in any of the Rossi reactors tested in IH / partner labs. Not even anything slightly interesting. Rossi needs to resolve that soon or his problems will increase exponentially.

No he doesn't. What IH find in their labs is not remotely of interest to the court since the test is the ERV report. The only time it may be of interest is if IH claim the ERV report is 'illusory', or that Rossi did not pass sufficient IP to IH for them to 'make it work'. It is for IH to prove this, not for Rossi to refute as this defence of IH et al has not yet been raised.

Best regards
    Frank

• Axil - what marketplace? No IP from IH has ever been shared with Brillouin. Repeat. No IP from IH has ever been shared with Brillouin. Rossi is destroying himself and IH plans to help him finish the job.

The is real reality and reality as Rossi sees it. At this early juncture, none can tell what reality really is. But Rossi has his own perceptions of reality. This perception is what motivated Rossi in the actions that he takes.

• Walker - I have to hand it to you, you've become a major noise generator who continues to clog this forum with ongoing nonsense. You are obviously directly connected to Rossi's PR campaign / confusion machine and have maneuvered yourself into the land of misfit credibility. What additional baseless thoughts will you dream up next?

Dewey, the Walker question here is, to use the technical term, idiotic. Just because it is idiotic does not show that it's from the "Rossi PR campaign confusion machine," unless you have evidence to show. Stop it. There are many here who add comments which make no contribution to the conversation. "you have become a major noise generator" is ironic, because one adds to the noise by responding to noise like that. I'm not planning on making a habit of this! I respond to comments where I think it might have some value. The value of this comment is up to you. All the best.....

• IHFB - IH has not seen any excess heat in any of the Rossi reactors tested in IH / partner labs. Not even anything slightly interesting. Rossi needs to resolve that soon or his problems will increase exponentially.

I can only assume that IH has seen excess heat in at least one reactor tested in IH / partner labs, given that you did not answer my question directly. It might not be a "Rossi reactor" in which you have seen the excess heat, and I'll take you at your word on that point (although the term "Rossi reactor" is certainly open to different interpretation).

• Re: the GSVIT water meter test. I notice that the city effectively meters my water in a manner that is very similar to the Wrong way in the test.

Flowmeters can be unreliable in many ways. Here in Atlanta I had an old meter installed in my house. The city replaced it and the bill went from $45 to $230. I did some tests and called a plumber. The new reading is correct. Flowmeters are like computer printers: they personify the innate perversity of inanimate objects, as my late mother put it.

• Mechanical flowmeters are tested using a known volume in a tank. The water goes by gravity through the water meter and its accurate to with 1% of true flow. Hopefully Rossi used a simple mechanical flow meter in line with a digital flow meter for computer monitoring of flow and mechanical backup.

• Official Post

I've read through Papp's patents, which are a farrago of details, many probably unrelated to anything important. There are a few details in them that make me think that Papp might have been seeing something LENR-ish.

Hi Eric. A couple of years ago a friend of mine tracked down and visited Jimmy Sabori - Papp's gopher - because he (Sabori) claimed to understand and have the equipment to 'activate' the noble gas mix used in the engine. We discussed it all extensively, both before an after his visit. Papp may have had 'something' as you say, but it was blindingly obvious that JimmyS is merely an old rogue with a bench covered in random junk -all plumbed together- who is fishing for cash.

• [quote='Alan Smith','https://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Thread/3336-Did-IH-s-motion-to-dismiss-ruin-them/?postID=24225#post24225']If it all ends badly for Rossi, and he ends up slinking off to obscurity somewhere in Mexico, he will in a generation or two become a fabled legend even if he has nothing, like Papp (who had nothing) or Tesla who may have done.

Even through Alan Smith is unintentionally trying to diplicate Papp's LENR approach using a arc driven reaction. Alan has not devoted any time looking into the Papp tech. There is nothing new under the sun.

By the way, when Papp claimed that he built a super fast submarine, the Russians Had produced in secret an supercavitating torpedo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…supercavitating_torpedoes

supercavitating sub

http://www.extremetech.com/ext…ps-ever-closer-to-reality

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.