NEWS: HOUSE COMMITTEE REQUIRES LENR BRIEFING FROM SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

• Krivit's source said: "Briefings are informal and are not open to the public." That's not secret. It is just informal, like a conversation. There is no implication that they are trying to hide some aspect of cold fusion for national security reasons.

• Congress Mandates a briefing. The Briefing takes place but there is no public record of said Briefing.

Briefings are not hearings. They are not always open to the public or part of the public record. Congressional Hearings are open and in the public record (The Congressional Record) unless they pertain to national security.

• We have multiple examples of the U.S. government withholding LENR information from the public. Yes, they keep LENR information secret, sometimes for many years. This has been known for some time. And it wouldn't surprise me if it happens again at least in part in connection with the present hearings.

• We have multiple examples of the U.S. government withholding LENR information from the public.

No, we do not. I don't, and I probably have a lot more information than you do.

Yes, they keep LENR information secret, sometimes for many years.

Give an example. Every government research program that I know of was open from the start. I have never once heard of one that was kept secret and then revealed later.

• @Jed

Here is one example:

http://documents.theblackvault…/coldfusion/ADB148659.pdf

There are others.

For example, the http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MosierBossinvestigat.pdf was withheld for nearly 2 years, which before you removed the last signature page, was clear based on those authorized signatures and dates. Wish I would have saved off a copy of the .pdf before you removed that page. And on this example, I anticipate that you will claim that all of the information was already known. But it is the summary nature of the paper and attendant conclusions that we did not have, with such explicit letterhead and attributions to multiple U.S. government agencies--so no, we did not have everything already, and yes, it was withheld for some time.

• Here is one example:

documents.theblackvault.com/do…/coldfusion/ADB148659.pdf

There are others.

That's a Russian paper! Not a U.S. paper. That's by Tsarev. I have everything he published. Most of it in Russian. I have not uploaded it because I can't OCR Russian and I have no idea what's what, but all of the important work is in the index.

You cannot expect laboratories to publish every translation and every note about cold fusion. There would be thousands of documents. I have about 2,000 unpublished papers and other documents that I have not even added to the index, such as papers from obscure proceedings or stuff that was never even submitted. Most of this is of no interest to anyone.

For example, the lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MosierBossinvestigat.pdf was withheld for nearly 2 years, which before you removed the last signature page, was clear based on those authorized signatures and dates.

I did not remove anything. The authors sent me a revised version without that page. All of the work in this paper was described in earlier published papers, most of them available at LENR-CANR.org, or in peer-reviewed journals that asked me not to upload the papers. There were no new results in this, nothing secret, and nothing I was not aware of. Some of the analysis was new. It often takes scientists two years or more to write papers and get them through peer-review or internal approval.

And on this example, I anticipate that you will claim that all of the information was already known. But it is the summary nature of the paper and attendant conclusions that we did not have, with such explicit letterhead and attributions to multiple U.S. government agencies--so no, we did not have everything already, and yes, it was withheld for some time.

Anticipate?!? If you had read the literature you would know darn well that was the case. That is not some kind of revelation. The fact that various people in various agencies contribute is a big yawn. Of course they did. That's their job. They do not have an obligation to inform you of every single procedure they do. They would not have time to do anything else. I know everyone in this book. I have met or worked with most of them. If you had talked to Pam or the researchers, or attended lectures you would have known them too. It was never secret -- just not important. You will never have "everything." It is not "withheld." It just wasn't mentioned because it is not important.

• When Krivit was working on the Galileo project, Pam Boss designed the protocol. She suggested using gold, platinum, or silver wire for the cathode substrate (on which palladium would be deposited). Krivit wanted to have a single metal, so she chose silver.

I think she wanted people to use gold, at least some, because this is the substrate metal that apparently generates much higher levels of neutrons (though still very low). However, at that point, the story goes, she could not, because the military was not sure it wanted to release those neutron results. Neutrons have ... implications. However, apparently they decided that these were harmless and allowed the release.

So this is an example of something that may have been secret for a relatively short time. It's understandable.

There is much research that is temporarily secret. However, government-spnosored research mostly has been released eventually, as far as I know. There may be exceptions.

Yes, Jed, it appears that most -- if not all -- of the work covered in that recent release was old and already known. I don't recall seeing the stuff with explosives before. Maybe you knew about it. I have heard that Los Alamos did stuff with detonating palladium deuteride. It's an obvious idea. However, it appears that the shock is not enough to trigger the reaction, not by itself, anyway. Or maybe they were just looking for neutrons!

• It just wasn't mentioned because it is not important.

That is a subjective conclusion with which I respectfully disagree. The paper had summaries and sweeping conclusions that the public had not been privy to and with an imprimatur by the U.S. government in a way in which we had not seen. That is why it made such a splash across the Internet on nearly every LENR-related website, blog, and even non-LENR-related websites and blogs. And somebody dragged their feet. It shouldn't take two years to get a few signatures. And they provide an "updated" version without the signature page? What else was "updated"? Don't you think it is important to preserve the original version for the sake of providing the ability for others to reference to that last page, one of the most interesting pages of the document? Fortunately, there are copies of the original version with the signature page floating out on the web for those who want to search a little.

And as for the human-translation of the cold fusion paper originating in the USSR, an FOIA request was required to secure its release. On the cover letter from the Department of the Air Force, they state:

"A review was conducted to determine if the record you requested may be released in whole or in part. After reviewing the document it has been determined that it may be released."

If a review was needed to be conducted to determine whether it could be released, then it probably had not yet been released. 26 years after it was originally written. Are you suggesting that you had a copy of this human-translated version (or even the original in Russian) prior to its release in 2016?

• That is why it made such a splash across the Internet on nearly every LENR-related website, blog, and even non-LENR-related websites and blogs.

It doesn't take much cause a splash in LENR-related sites. Nothing much happens. Any little thing sets off endless speculation and blather. Experiments riddled with errors and preposterous statements by Rossi generate excitement. They deserve to be ignored.

And somebody dragged their feet. It shouldn't take two years to get a few signatures.

Apparently you have not worked with professors or government officials. When a professor tells you something will be done "soon" he might mean 5 years from now.

And they provide an "updated" version without the signature page? What else was "updated"? Don't you think it is important to preserve the original version for the sake of providing the ability for others to reference to that last page, one of the most interesting pages of the document?

Not my decision. I upload whatever the authors send. However, I preserve all versions on my computer.

26 years after it was originally written. Are you suggesting that you had a copy of this human-translated version (or even the original in Russian) prior to its release in 2016?

Probably I have it. I do not read Russian well, so I don't know what I've got.

There are thousands of papers and translations of papers about cold fusion that you have not seen, in government offices, universities, the special collection at U. Utah, and elsewhere. I have boxes full. There is no way you are going to see it all. To accuse government officials of "withholding" some dusty, forgotten translation of a Russian theory paper is absurd.

• I agree, that this paper has no value today. But one question stays up since 27 years: Why did "deep state US" going on with the bashing of F & P ??

It seems, they exactly knew what they did, 27 years ago ...

The government is not one entity, with one opinion. It includes many different people, with different opinions about cold fusion and other subjects. Some government scientists bashed cold fusion. Others studied it. Others translated documents about it. They do not all communicate with one another. They do not have a science fiction hive mind. Just because someone, somewhere translated a Russian paper, that does not mean that someone else "exactly knew what they did." That is not true now, and it wasn't true then. It was especially not true because the Internet hardly existed, there were no papers uploaded, Google did not exist (it was founded 18 years ago), so it was not possible to find papers. Nowadays, it is much easier to find cold fusion papers, partly thanks to me.

• To accuse government officials of "withholding" some dusty, forgotten translation of a Russian theory paper is absurd.

I'm a proponent of transparency, and especially government transparency. There is no good reason for all LENR papers not to be published. Even the dusty ones in boxes. If we need to enlist Google to scan and publish them, then let's do that.

Edit: I might add Jed, I appreciate that you have devoted a good portion of your life to publishing LENR papers. It seems that there is more that can be done, even by your own admission.

• Hi all

I guess we just have to wait to see if the briefing to congress that it mandated is made public.

However when a publicly asked question about what is happening in LENR research in the US defence research community is made by members of that congress which mandate it being given an answer is either:

1) Ignored and not answered (I think such breaks US constitutional law and is a contempt of Congress)
    2) Postponed, in which case an answer as a reason for the postponement and a future date is set.
    3) Answered in a briefing document.
    4) Answered but held as classified.

I think only in case 4 is there no public record of answer to congress.

I am sure others can add other cases but case 4 is the current situation.

Kind Regards walke

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.