Have IH let their E-Cat License lapse by inaction?

• Doobie, do portray us more how mad as hell can one become when all that's left of the golden goose is the vision of its ass flying off to greener pastures

I guess a variation of the fairytale applies, the public being the despondent princess who finally laughs by seeing the inventor parade his scheming investors in public ridicule

• The IH claim that they cannot get the Rossi reaction to fire off is believable because it is based on the possibility that the employees at IH are exceedingly stupid and incompetent but not stupid and incompetent enough to not recognize a gainful LENR reaction when they see one. That level of stupidity and incompetence is beyond belief.

If Rossi had turned over complete working IP/recipe with honest intentions, he would have helped the IH employees achieve positive results. If he was working with them in honesty, he would have helped them if for some reason they were having difficulty with part of the process. There is only one reason the IP/recipe would not be able to be applied to the device...that would be because Rossi made it so either through deception, lack of full disclosure or by not helping when he would obviously know what they were missing or misinterpreting.

• Dewey

Have your friends ever suggested your style may not be helping their cause, or do they support your campaign and help you with inside information?

Planet Rossi is inhabited by people with very strange ideas about human society, and who seem to think that people who, among other things, manage a $2.2 billion fund, are going to care about fluff on this web site or E-Cat World. Or Rossi's blog. The lawyers may be watching Rossi to see what he writes, because it could be useful.

What Dewey writes here is of no major import as to help or harm of IH. Now, if he reveals critical information that IH prefers kept private, they might say something. What Dewey has written so far, however, is about matters that would be probably be known to all investors in IH, Dewey, I imagine, has a sense of what might offend them or not. No special feeding of information would be necessary, he would simply have read reports, and in at least one case, was actually present. He is not an official spokesperson for IH and they cannot be held responsible for what he says. If he reveals some fact, based on information he has, and Rossi needs to confirm it, Dewey could possibly be subpoenaed. It does not seem likely to me. From the IH side, Dewey's account of being excluded from a test raises high suspicion of fraud on Rossi's part, and IH might ask Dewey to testify, corroborating what others present might say.

Rossi has never before -- or never since Petroldragon -- faced a forum like a court of law. Compared to a gaggle of scientists and others at a demonstration, it is far more difficult to manipulate a court, if the other side has competent counsel, and if the judge is reasonably neutral, which is normal.

What is fascinating to me is the obvious attempt to get Dewey to shut up, which includes Sifferkoll's gross personal attacks. If anyone wants to understand the situation, reading what Dewey has to say about it is certainly a useful element, of equal value to what Rossi says. Obviously, if one has strong opinions about Rossi -- either way -- then one might think it more or less probative, but it remains relevant.

Dewey's contributions here do not help IH's case in court, at least not clearly, but I have seen nothing that might harm that case. Nor do Sifferkoll's ravings help Rossi do anything more than fire up and fuel up his paranoia. It is all legally irrelevant.

• No, to the planet. You are complaining that someone will not explain to you what they know that strengthens their opinions. And you consider that terrorism. No, terrorism is the attempt to create fear through attacking innocent people. What you have in mind is state oppression, where people are not only accused of crimes, but are imprisoned or worse, without strong evidence, and sometimes with no evidence at all that is revealed.

To confuse "I can't say or show you" with terrorism is completely beyond the pale, Peter.

Really, please, for your health, take my daughter's advice: Chill.

• If Rossi had turned over complete working IP/recipe with honest intentions, he would have helped the IH employees achieve positive results. If he was working with them in honesty, he would have helped them if for some reason they were having difficulty with part of the process. There is only one reason the IP/recipe would not be able to be applied to the device...that would be because Rossi made it so either through deception, lack of full disclosure or by not helping when he would obviously know what they were missing or misinterpreting.

Rossi's reluctance to reveal his IP even in a patent will be his undoing, when a third party other than Rossi and IH put out the restricted information to open source. Rossi will rue the day that closed fisted possession of his IP will have had lost his IP to open source. Rossi needs competition to get his butt in gear and focus on releasing a product into the marketplace and IH's strategy for sitting on whatever they have indefinitely is dangerous. Going dark for the duration of a multi year court trial will assure that the IH's IP will be made nil and void by that huge span of time and the rapid march of events.

LENR IP has a limited shelf life and that timeframe is not indefinite. Use it or lose lt.

• I like especially the repettion of
    none of your business

I should say none of your damn business. I suppose you are asking nosy, stupid, irrelevant questions that you know will not be answered, because you think that makes you look good. You must think this makes you look like a brave investigator. Titin the reporter. I think it makes you look foolish.

You say some very implausble non probable things but I have to swallow them

You don't have to swallow anything but when I tell you that I.H. knew the test was a farce early on, and you don't believe me, you are wasting your time asking me again. That's the only answer you are going to get. Take it or leave it.

Why wouldn't I.H. tell him, anyway? What would stop them? What would they have to lose? Heck, I would tell him in 5 minutes. The test was a travesty. Critical instruments were ripped out of it. It was an obvious fake, reeking of fraud, topped off by the outrageous demand that no one should be allowed into the oh-so-secret company owned by Rossi and his lawyer. Which is supposedly a chemical distribution warehouse only it has no employees, does no business and emits no heat. Oh yes but it magically consumes 1 MW of process heat. Unlike any other chemical distribution warehouse in history.

Anyone could see this was fraud! It is incontrovertible. Rossi is not subtle, or clever. He does not employ sleight of hand. He defrauds with intimidation, temper tantrums, fake danger alarms, and bold lies. When someone like me comes along and says "I will not come unless you let me measure the temperature and flow with my own instruments" he always shuts us down. He never lets anyone in who will do that.

• Until you see that data you should reserve judgement and not assume that he is right, or that I am right, for that matter. Do not take sides when you have no information

Right. However, people do. Some take positions that, through how they interpret new data, become fixed and nearly immovable.

In this information-starved environment, all of us still review what we can see and do come up with possibilities. Out of all the confusion about and around Rossi, I find a relatively coherent picture emerging. I consider all the evidence, and it remains completely possible that evidence will appear that will cause this picture to vanish and another to take its place, or for it all to return to the ylem of mystery.

• I should say none of your damn business. I suppose you are asking nosy, stupid, irrelevant questions that you know will not be answered, because you think that makes you look good. You must think makes you look a brave investigator. I think it makes you look foolish.

When someone like me comes along and says "I will not come unless you let me measure the temperature and flow with my own instruments" he always shuts us down. He never lets anyone in who will do that.

It is contrary to Rossi's interest to raise the profile of LENR through validation. The darker, the better. If you were to entice him with a hundred million dollar pay out under a non disclosure agreement, he would let you do whatever you wanted. As it is, you provide no advantage to him and would become a PR liability after the measurements. Public recognition of LENR is no good for Rossi if he has the money he needs to move forward with whatever his thinks he needs to do next.

• Argon - fascinating and intriguing in many ways. It is my personal opinion that Rossi is not operating from a position of strength. He has started a war where he must win almost every skirmish and legal battle in order to have any semblance of a winning position on jury instruction day. Rossi faces long odds and high legal expenses in that regard. That does not include the IH counterstrike which promises to be devastating and will more than double the length of this war along with the associated legal cost on the way to a summary judgement ruling or a jury verdict.

I do appreciate your efforts and thoughtful inquiry. Please allow some time for analysis, thought and a response.

One of the standard duties of competent attorneys is to suggest negotiation and settlement to clients. what prevents is it generally an attached client who rejects the advice because he's "right" and the other side is "wrong," and maybe "evil" on top of it. Kind of Sifferkoll's position. The analysis of what Rossi has done seems accurate to me.

"Counterstrike." A suit for fraud, I assume. And the evidence is provided to federal prosecutors. Given all the impressions Rossi has created over the years, he could be a sitting duck for this.

Really, if he has something: "Andrea, quick! Arrange independent verification that would satisfy IH, actually transfer the IP to them, decide to trust them because, in fact, you made that decision back in 2011, when you signed the Agreement. If you don't have IP, that works, my condolences. I'd be happy to visit you in prison, I've done that kind of work. Either way, good luck.

I'm not trying to frighten Rossi, I would hope that if this message is taken to him, it would be by someone he trusts, and the goal is to wake him up. If he wants to go to prison, that's his choice.

• A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Let me add a little.

1 Patent appicants can make all sorts of claims in a patent. It's not necessarily meaningful. The penalty for an improper application would be that the patent might not be valid.
    2. T. Barker was an engineer working for IH, which apparently fabricated the Lugano device.
    3. IH may have the full right to use that report.
    4. This is legally meaningless. Rossi thinks that something is Terribly Wrong, but if T. Barker contributed anything, he could be listed as a co-inventor. That patent is probably useless. It was tossed together, rather obviously, as a kind of placeholder.

• Anyone could see this was fraud! It is incontrovertible. Rossi is not subtle, or clever. He does not employ sleight of hand. He defrauds with intimidation, temper tantrums, fake danger alarms, and bold lies. When someone like me comes along and says "I will not come unless you let me measure the temperature and flow with my own instruments" he always shuts us down. He never lets anyone in who will do that.

Which leads to the bifurcation. Rossi is a con and will exclude anyone who will expose it, or Rossi is insanely paranoid and will exclude anyone whom he senses does not fully believe him to the extent that they will verify what he says. Like Dewey' report about the IR temperature gun. At that point, Dewey was bullish on Rossi. Rossi essentially spat in his face.

There were major deficiencies in the Lugano report. They can be traced to Rossi's involvement, and we can imagine that any "independent professor" who questioned what Rossi wanted would have been off the bus.

• but if T. Barker contributed anything, he could be listed as a co-inventor.

Not "could be" -- he has to be. Otherwise, if the P.O. finds out, they will reject the patent. I once contributed a trivial effort to a patent. They made me sign the application, which includes dire threats by Uncle Sam for fraud, misrepresentation, etc. etc. Nothing came of it, but anyway, the lawyers told me that anyone who contributed "materially" (I think it was) must sign.

By the way, those forms made it clear that Uncle Sam does not want you to lie to the P.O., or file an application you know to be invalid. You are wrong about that. You are not supposed to file an invention that you do not think will work. You can get in big trouble for that.

• It is contrary to Rossi's interest to raise the profile of LENR through validation. The darker, the better. If you were to entice him with a hundred million dollar pay out under a non disclosure agreement, he would let you do whatever you wanted. As it is, you provide no advantage to him and would become a PR liability after the measurements. Public recognition of LENR is no good for Rossi if he has the money he needs to move forward with whatever his thinks he needs to do next.

This was obvious and discussed in 2011. What I pointed out there was that the patent situation and commercial considerations led to a possible position where appearing to be a con artist was a sane strategy. It allowed him to become widely known, while discouraging competition.

This, by the way, is a totally selfish strategy. It has personal benefit as the primary goal, not collective welfare, with personal benefit being natural. It attempts to force personal benefit against the interests of the public.

However, by its very nature, it was not easily possible to distinguish this from actual fraud and total fakery. And if the strategy is being maintained through inertia and entrenched paranoia, it is still not possible.

The lawsuit is making much public that was hidden before.

• There were major deficiencies in the Lugano report. They can be traced to Rossi's involvement,

I don't know about that. Levi and the others denied that he was involved. Actually, to the contrary, everyone says he was somewhat involved in the first set of Levi tests of the small reactor. The tests were conducted in his lab. Those tests were much better done, with calibrations, a themocouple confirming the IR camera, and so on. Much more credible. Lugano was a big let-down.

I don't understand it.

• By the way, those forms made it clear that Uncle Sam does not want you to lie to the P.O., or file an application you know to be invalid. You are wrong about that. You are not supposed to file an invention that you do not think will work. You can get in big trouble for that.

This has been alleged. So far, nobody has pointed to any penalties. "Supposed to" is not a penalty and does not establish one. "Do not think will work" is subjective. Very difficult to prove in court. My sense is that if you think there is any possibility it will work, that could be enough. In any case, Jed, I'm requesting that you back up the claim about "dire threats" for fraud. What, exactly, is said? I've searched. I've found nothing like that.

• Jed + Abd: Maybe you should XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX somewhere else where Dewey do not need to watch. ... I do not have a problem with it, but you should consider that other parties have more restrictive belief systems ...

Post edited for unscientific references to long-distance sexual shenanigans. Alan

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.