I was wrong about Rossi, but what I fear most is that I might be partly right

• Official Post

Peter Gluck did a mini-interview with Rossi on his EGOOUT today. Rossi seems to think his Quark-X will prove itself, and possibly save the day?, before the verdict:

Peter: the Quark X is marvelous and opens a new front..
    Andrea Rossi: exactly and this is arriving before any verdict should have been set

Of course he leaves himself a lot of wiggle room as he always does. Too bad he isn't as enthusiastic about working with IH to retest the 1MW. Or better yet, allowing a single Ecat be tested by a team of neutral experts, and save the few million in lawyers fees, along with sparing LENR the bad publicity. But no, not our Rossi...he likes doing things the hard way. :)

• I meant do you have documentation...you should know by now that "Rossi says" holds about as much water as "Santa Claus says" nowadays.

• Peter Gluck did a mini-interview with Rossi on his EGOOUT today. Rossi seems to think his Quark-X will prove itself, and possibly save the day?, before the verdict:

Peter: the Quark X is marvelous and opens a new front..
    Andrea Rossi: exactly and this is arriving before any verdict should have been set

Of course he leaves himself a lot of wiggle room as he always does. Too bad he isn't as enthusiastic about working with IH to retest the 1MW. Or better yet, allowing a single Ecat be tested by a team of neutral experts, and save the few million in lawyers fees, along with sparing LENR the bad publicity. But no, not our Rossi...he likes doing things the hard way. :)

Rossi's lack of understanding of law is almost as amazing as the magical abilities of the QuarkX!! How are people not understanding that the work he did after the 1MW plant are completely insignificant to the lawsuit?? You absolutely cannot use material after the fact like this...it is madness on Rossi's part!

• The words are clear, that is what logic and clear thinking implies.

Your perspective there couldn't be more illogical if you tried! How you do not see how foolish it is to think that IH would allow one IH individual to block another IH individual from gaining information they need. You are on fire today Axil!

• No, but IH might have it. Perhaps Jed could ask Dewey for it? Usually when Rossi has taken a position on the existence of a thing, it turns out to actually be in existence. While I don't believe everything Rossi says, I do give weight to the positions that he takes on his public forum. He understands well that his words have consequences.

• Your perspective there couldn't be more illogical if you tried! How you do not see how foolish it is to think that IH would allow one IH individual to block another IH individual from gaining information they need. You are on fire today Axil!

IH hired the ERV to be an impartial referee in judging the test. The ERV is required to conduct an impartial test by contract. This situation is impactful in your emotional and prejudiced thinking, but that is just the way it is.

• Some additional perspective: a two megawatt steam generator -- note the size of the pipes and their heavy constructions.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvRGV7eBijg&amp;ab_channel=GoswamiNaveen" class="externalURL" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">youtube.com/watch?v=gvRGV7eBijg&amp;ab_channel=GoswamiNaveen</a>

Note, however, that the requirements for driving a turbine a very different than supplying heat through a heat exchanger.

The first pressure gauge reads 12 bar, the second (post-turbine?) reads 10 bar.

"Rossi says" there are pressure relief valves between 1 and 3 bar: scale down to 1MW and (say) 2 bar, and you have something an order of magnitude smaller.

You have a post a few pages back (#17) talking about the 500kW power generator for the original 1MW acceptance test. But Darden and Vaughn were there ... surely they would have noticed that the generator was outputting 500kW when the ERV said it was self-sustaining for hours, driving only the controls and pumps?

ps : There's a hotcat, too.

pps: Lewan's videos clearly show a steam trap.

For Jed : I'm guessing that the "4-cylinder" 1MW has the equivalent of multiple fat-cat reactors. "Rossi says" : 56 pressure gauges, 56 input water temperature, 56 output steam temperature.

Edit : http://www.e-catworld.com/2016…ant-testing-setup-repost/

• IH hired the ERV to be an impartial referee in judging the test. The ERV is required to conduct an impartial test by contract.

You know nothing about the equipment or the configuration. You do not know why the I.H. expert insisted he must see the pretend customer site. So you have no way of judging whether Penon was acting as an impartial judge, or whether he was being unreasonable, or whether he was taking part in a blatant fraud.

If I were him I would head back to Italy soon, to avoid serving jail time with his puppet master Rossi.

• For Jed : I'm guessing that the "4-cylinder" 1MW has the equivalent of multiple fat-cat reactors. "Rossi says" : 56 pressure gauges, 56 input water temperature, 56 output steam temperature.

I wouldn't know about that. Perhaps the individual cells are equipped with TCs. However, the data I have seen comes from a single inlet and a single outlet TC, with the positions marked on the schematic.

• Jed, for sanity's sake, what makes you think that Rossi may have been partially right? Partially? 1/100th of partially right would mean the Nobel Prize and uncountable riches.

Rossi has NOTHING. Since years don't count, would it take DECADES without a functioning Ecat before people realize that he's anoher Keshe, another Sai Baba, Keely, Papp, just another charismatic con man?

• And you seriously think the police are likely to get involved in this dispute?

I know little about law enforcement, so I cannot judge. However, I believe the police are more likely to investigate large crimes involving large sums of money, rather than small ones. If the police suspect that Rossi took $11 million with bad instruments and a fake customer site, perhaps that would be a major crime, even by the standards of Florida.

• Jed, for sanity's sake, what makes you think that Rossi may have been partially right? Partially? 1/100th of partially right would mean the Nobel Prize and uncountable riches.

Well, if there is experimental evidence, then there is. It is hard to judge, but some tests did seem positive, and there is evidence of Ni-H cold fusion from other researchers.

You might say: "But if this is real, why did Rossi use it to defraud people and make trouble? Why didn't he simply reveal it, get the Nobel prize, and make a fortune? He would have to be crazy to do what he did!"

To which I say, yes, he would have to be crazy. And many people who have dealt with him suspect he is crazy. If he is, that would explain everything, wouldn't it? I am not a psychiatrist, and I have not met him in person, so I cannot tell if he is crazy. But I am sure he is abnormal, aggressive, self-destructive, mercurial, and suspicious to a degree close to paranoia. Or maybe it is full-blown paranoia. I can't tell, but I would not rule it out.

I think you armchair quarterback this particular situation far too deeply, therefore I don't value your opinion on this issue at all.

No. I started reading about Rossi's claims with great interest in early 2011. I contacted Jed with the intent of using my experience with calorimetry and general scientific method to help Rossi prove it worked. I have followed the story carefully ever since, reading evidence for and against. I have also studied the natural history of high tech scams and reviewed several others, including a review (Sniffex) which was used by the FBI to prosecute their successful SEC case against the company. I helped billionaire Dick Smith avoid the waste of a million dollars he was considering investing in Defkalion and we all know how that turned out. When Elforsk became involved, I wrote a detailed email to the CEO of the company, explaining why investing in Rossi was a poor idea without much better testing. He wrote back that he appreciated the input and referred the email to a subordinate for action.

I highlighted again and again directly to Rossi and also in forums what Rossi could do to obtain credible tests of ecats. And much much more.

I'd hardly call my activities "armchair quarterbacking". That's FAR from fair.

• I know little about law enforcement, so I cannot judge. However, I believe the police are more likely to investigate large crimes involving large sums of money, rather than small ones. If the police suspect that Rossi took $11 million with bad instruments and a fake customer site, perhaps that would be a major crime, even by the standards of Florida.

The transferral of large amounts of money across state borders by nationals of more than one country now involved in a lawsuit whose allegations include fraud ... perhaps the FBI would be even more relevant than the police in this instance? (The FBI are the ones who came in when Intelligentry was closed down.)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.