I was wrong about Rossi, but what I fear most is that I might be partly right

• Regardless, I do not believe that AR is on the verge of some new deal with a new partner. Maybe he did a demo for someone. Maybe it was Hydrofusion or someone else. But I highly, highly doubt that any entity would invest a dime in AR at this point without fully scrubbing the ERV report.

You have too much faith in people acting rationally. As we see amply on this forum, people are often driven by hopes, fears and dreams, and they allow these things to cloud their judgment.

• Quote from "Maaary"

Anyone who thinks that Jed Rothwell is anything other than honest, well motivated and other than enthusiastic about anything which could promote cold fusion/LENR either has not followed his activities or is a complete idiot.

I covered that in the played scenario, which I hold as most likely. He's been shown manipulated/fabricated/unrelated information that he believs says something it doesn't This is aslo cheaper for IH, since they then don't need to pay him. The real ERV report shows COP~50 and requires some kind of unbelievable conspiracy theory to be stated as fraudulent (as Mats said, who obviously have better information on the issue)

• As to the question what Rossi is up to now, I think it’s worth noticing that when he divorced Defkalion he was all over the place for quite some time, a leading keyboard warrier. One aspect that disturbed him in particular was the fact that Defkalion claimed they could make its own ecats, a claim that we now confidently can say was incorrect. Rossi seems to be more laid-back about the break up with IH. At the same time he makes a particular point of that IH (according to him) can and have made own working ecats, which IH on the other hand denies. You would think IH’s alleged capability would upset him but it doesn’t.

The difference in Rossi’s reaction surely stands for something. The easiest explanation is that IH in the meantime wired him MUSD 11 so he is simply better off. However, my guess is that has closed or feels confident about closing a deal will someone else and this deal in unaffected by what IH can or cannot do in its licensed territory on its own.

• Quote from "Zuffhaus"

You would think IH’s alleged capability would upset him but it doesn’t.

He also holds the quarkx knowledge (wich obviously works showing ionized nitrogen halo on a 0.5W feed ...), which more or less makes older E-cat versions worthless in comparison. I hold this as one probable cause of IH not paying. Or it is a least a reason for Rossi to being able to show IH the finger and file the complaint ... He doesn't care about the $89M, only about the IP and R&D control.

• Jef, You seem to start this thread as a final testament. I know you have your own insight and disappointments after so long history with the topic, but should we still wait for independent parties to write final chapter on this. When weighting this I always remind my self how high the stakes are, and it can cause strange things in so many levels.

If your insight is right, Rossi will disappear for ever. No way he can continue after this amount of publicity and awarenes among so many people. On positive side in that case, he has caused good rise on awareness of LENR there is no deny on that. Harm gets smaller if some other researcher gets real verifiable results with his/her receipe. For example Mr Fojt seems to be serious, Parkhamov, me356, MFMP they might never had tried without Rossi.

On the Other hand if Rossi or anybody else has something, I think many things will be forgiven since impact for everyones life will be so high.

Some people thinks that you or Mats can be blamed, but in my mind you both had the reasons. You in the beginning believed what you saw with high hopes. After getting other insight your mind changed. What there is to blame? You followed your own best understanding at any point of time. What is better way to live life?

I see pretty same with Mats, he witnessed with his own eyes the first experiments that seemed convincing. He wrote good book about history of Rossi effect. Later when people started furious attacks in his blog, he was feed his insights (electricity bill, personal visitor witnesses and we don't even know what else). Now people say that he was too balanced 'leaning towards Rossi side'. I want to strongly disagree, he maybe defended Rossi but propably he had that time more reasons to do so than we know. What would you do if you think that you got insight to prove that there are big powers that wants bury LENR from the world - no matter are you journalist, judge or layman. I have seen people knowingly fall down from good position to save poor individual who wouldn't have been able to defend himself alone. If your life or Mats journalist career is affected, I say fuck the sanctimonious.

No matter what follows in this saga, and in case we get rel verifiable LENR results from some research, i hope you continue to follow and report them for the good of us rest. I really hope my instinct is right and Mats is preparing new book. It would be good someone somehow wrap up last 12 months after court has given a verdict. So after Mats symposium 2017, we can sit with You, Dewey, Abd, Axil, Sifferkoll, Shane D, Thomas C, younameit in terasse in Stockholm warm sunset with cold pint of beer reading each others name/nick tags and tapping eachothers in sholder like veterans after war :)

• Argon - the heck with that. Let's party on Planet Rossi after the war is over. If Rossi wins then you can arrange for some QX Rossimobiles, made by the new partner, to make the shuttle run and we'll go hang with the R'miester himself and tell war stories. I'm insisting that Renzz be included or I'm not coming.

• Argon - the heck with that. Let's party on Planet Rossi after the war is over. If Rossi wins then you can arrange for some QX Rossimobiles, made by the new partner, to make the shuttle run and we'll go hang with the R'miester himself and tell war stories. I'm insisting that Renzz be included or I'm not coming.

Picture this with me guys....it's midnight on Planet Rossi...cool breeze...both moons are full...you know the scene. We are sitting around a QX Inverted turbine space campfire...wide eyed space campers just waiting for the good Doctor to start spinning his tales of war, fortune invention and wonderment. =pan camera low just behind the campfire= You can see blue QX flames reflecting on our faces as we wait with s'mores in hand and ears wide open. The good Doctor looks up at the moons...chuckles a bit as we all know he is one of the most heartful gentle men you would ever meet...and turns to his audience around the fire. "Oah-kay-ah little ones...I-ah tell-ah you-ah a tale about ah dragon...ah beeg-ah dragon I-ah created before I invent QX...it-ah was-ah cold-ah winters night-ah....." Well you kids know the rest. I wouldn't miss that trip for the WORLD Dewey!!!

• I-ah so-ah agree-ah. The twin moons of Planet Rossi - fabulous Renzz! I'm thinking that we'll be able to cook the s'mores from our camp seats.

To continue the vision if I may..... as we gaze into the lovely blue glow of the carbonless fire. Suddenly the R'ster warns us to standback, the QX bundle has somehow morphed into a QX+ and a wormhole to the 5th Dimension (no relation) has started to open. Having heard this before, Renzz and Weaver take this warning seriously and head straight for a QX Rossimobile, strap in and hit F7. Wouldn't you know it, after the war, they haven't modified all the topsy-turvy control systems yet and in about 3 seconds we land on the North (South) moon. It gets better. There is atmosphere there so we venture out to see what has happened and there, at the outpost bar, sits the Siffer with a blue umbrella drink in hand. He apparently jumped in the other QX-R and hit F6 - that machine had been reprogrammed following the war. We begin a conversation..........

• How can IH say .. they do not accept the last report of the ERV

after they used the reports of the first, second and third quarterly reports,

equal to the final one, to collect funds ?

I love it. If ink is white, how can they claim that pigeons don't fly?
    1. We have no clear information as to the IH response to the ERV report, not the preliminary ones nor the final one. All we know is that they did not pay the $89 million.
    2. They have not said that they do not accept the report.
    3. The report is moot, because the central fact that would come out in the lawsuit, apparently, is that Rossi did not perform on the core of the contract, enabling IH to make working devices. That he could allegedly run a 1 MW power plant, of apparently new design, for over 350 days, is utterly irrelevant to that. We all want to know, to be sure.

And how they could say it? If they choose to do so, they might say something like "We do not accept the ERV report." And what they did or said earlier is of little relevance. What if, after the ending of the test period, they discovered evidence that the test was fraudulently manipulated? Say, by using a flow meter giving values off by a factor of ten? Is the claim here that they would be estopped from claiming the uselessness of the test because of failure to object earlier? Only on Planet Rossi!

• No matter what follows in this saga, and in case we get rel verifiable LENR results from some research, i hope you continue to follow and report them for the good of us rest.

There were real and verifiable, repeatable and confirmed results from cold fusion by 1991. See my Current Science paper.

The Rossi Affair did raise attention to LENR, but possibly to a blind alley. Or not. So far, no cigar. What I know is that the Rossi situation was suppressing general research funding and activity. Why bother with watts when Rossi is reporting kilowatts. By risking $11.5 million (and more, all that testing was expensive), it looks like IH has blown that problem out of the water. They did it brilliantly: they took Rossi seriously.

I really hope my instinct is right and Mats is preparing new book.

From his comments, Mats is out-of-it and not giving the affair the attention it would need. He's doing something else. Sure, he could write a book, and, in fact, I hope he does. But it would be a bit premature now.

It would be good someone somehow wrap up last 12 months after court has given a verdict.

My assessment is that, right now, the most likely result is that the lawsuit is dismissed. The hope for it staying alive would be that Rossi is allowed to amend the Complaint to fix the glaring defects.

So after Mats symposium 2017, we can sit with You, Dewey, Abd, Axil, Sifferkoll, Shane D, Thomas C, younameit in terasse in Stockholm warm sunset with cold pint of beer reading each others name/nick tags and tapping eachothers in sholder like veterans after war

Well, I'd be happy to be there. As to the beer, you might notice that I'm Muslim. Nice thought, though. I'm quite crazy enough without alcohol.

• If the ERV report was used by IH as proof of performance to solicit 250 million for the E-Cat, how can you state the ERV report shows no energy gain for the E-Cat during an entire year of operation?

Axil, you aren't getting it. You are repeating a Rossi claim, even blown up beyond what Rossi has claimed, as if it were a fact.

We have no information that IH has "solicited $250 million" for anything, much less "for the E-Cat." We have a direct claim from Dewey that investors were warned about Rossi. It is Rossi's idea that they used the 1 MW test to impress the visitors. What we know, I think, is that visitors were shown the test. That knowledge does not cover what they were told. And by the time that this visit occurred, IH was no longer "investing in the E-cat" beyond some maintenance operations. They appear to have raised perhaps $50 million from Woodford. Certainly not for the E-cat, though there remains a contingency that Rossi will turn around and reveal full IP that actually works to them. I'm not holding my breath for that.

Axil, I suggest shutting up and starting to listen. I know it grates, it's not your habit to listen and learn, but try it. It's actually fun. Believe me, I know. I have a teenage daughter. Survival requires listening.

• He spin-chef! The reactor was built by IH: That's what we learnt. You contradict preferably yourself... Don't you grasp it ???

Let's say the correct way: IH tested an unusable 1MW unit, built out of IH fabricated reactors, which shortly after 349 days they became aware are not working...

If Your story is true, then investors will tear IH into pieces!

But, I guess, you are well paid for the waste of words...

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.