I was wrong about Rossi, but what I fear most is that I might be partly right

• I-ah so-ah agree-ah. The twin moons of Planet Rossi - fabulous Renzz! I'm thinking that we'll be able to cook the s'mores from our camp seats.

To continue the vision if I may..... as we gaze into the lovely blue glow of the carbonless fire. Suddenly the R'ster warns us to standback, the QX bundle has somehow morphed into a QX+ and a wormhole to the 5th Dimension (no relation) has started to open. Having heard this before, Renzz and Weaver take this warning seriously and head straight for a QX Rossimobile, strap in and hit F7. Wouldn't you know it, after the war, they haven't modified all the topsy-turvy control systems yet and in about 3 seconds we land on the North (South) moon. It gets better. There is atmosphere there so we venture out to see what has happened and there, at the outpost bar, sits the Siffer with a blue umbrella drink in hand. He apparently jumped in the other QX-R and hit F6 - that machine had been reprogrammed following the war. We begin a conversation..........

What an incredible chapter you have added!! Who on earth do you think would be able to portray the wisdom, brilliance, kindness and loving heart of the good Doctor Rossi in this live action adventure when it goes to the big screen? You really need someone that melts hearts on screen...like that loving grandpa type since the good Doctor is such a softy at heart.

• HAHA OMG The rascal emoji has me rolling!!! It looks EXACTLY like the Rascal! Penon going silent is a big issue that those on Planet Rossi continue to ignore...it should be interesting if he testifies!

• Shane D - I think that 6 cylinder unit was a thermal oil cooled device that Rossi transported over from Italy. I've seen an interesting contraption with a cooling fan mounted over a big oil vat, pumps and a series of E-Cats mounted into a holding rack. It's stored under lock and key right now. It was in the original lab forever - R just left it sitting there when he shipped out for the warmer climes of Miami.

• Yes, they did. In the Motion to Dismiss, they referred to: "inoperable reactors, relying on flawed measurements, and using unsuitable measuring devices." . . .

All that other spin was formulated after Rossi sued IH. All that is trial based malarky defined by lawyers and did not reflect the state of mind of IH at the completion of the test.

I am 100% certain it did reflect their state of mind. This is what I.H. said in their March 10 announcement, which was before the lawsuit was filed. It is what they told me months before the test ended.

You seem to think it is okay to make up facts as you go along, without any evidence, and without knowing anything. That's not persuasive. That is not how you win a debate.

• That was so in 1989, it was so in 2009, it was so in 2011, and it is so in 2016. And it will be so irrespective of whether Rossi is a fraud or has the goods.

If he is a fraud, and that becomes generally known, it will make the situation FAR WORSE for every legitimate researcher. No, not irrespective. This is will have a direct negative impact on funding and funding discussions now underway, all over the world.

• Oh yeah Jack - The Rascal Effect with matching emoj - that one's got legs. In fact the IMS is reporting that it has already been engraved on the truthandconsequences tablet on Planet of the Rossis. The Planet of the Rossis toto is collectively and immediately depressed about what this implies.

Renzz - I'm failing you with this but I cannot get Garth Hater in a wheel chair out of my head for the grandpa scene. Garth Hater managed to figure out how to make the little blue light from the nanoQX+ a replacement for the little blue pill and all the P.R. babes will not leave alone. I've heard that RB01 is a real animal. I apologize for going off script but I'm really trying to replace that vision with an elderly Ricky Ricardo or Andy Griffith. It's just too hard...its like those big fat Argon molecules getting ripped out of a reactor by a turbomolecular pump - the images are going away that quickly.

Can you help me?

• Let's call it your X-Quark, as it looks like divorce is underway

Sure seems to distress you!

• Oh yeah Jack - The Rascal Effect with matching emoj - that one's got legs. In fact the IMS is reporting that it has already been engraved on the truthandconsequences tablet on Planet of the Rossis. The Planet of the Rossis toto is collectively and immediately depressed about what this implies.

Renzz - I'm failing you with this but I cannot get Garth Hater in a wheel chair out of my head for the grandpa scene. Garth Hater managed to figure out how to make the little blue light from the nanoQX+ a replacement for the little blue pill and all the P.R. babes will not leave alone. I've heard that RB01 is a real animal. I apologize for going off script but I'm really trying to replace that vision with an elderly Ricky Ricardo or Andy Griffith. It's just too hard...its like those big fat Argon molecules getting ripped out of a reactor by a turbomolecular pump - the images are going away that quickly.

Can you help me?

This is a rough one...I keep picturing a sweet loving grandpa type...but then this scene from Kill Bill is haunting my mind. Be sure to click on the image to feel get the full experience of that warm fire! Just picture us sitting around that fire listening to the good Doctor spin his incredible tales while also playing amazing songs from peoples of ancient times! This is an experience we are sure to remember for a lifetime!

• I am 100% certain it did reflect their state of mind. This is what I.H. said in their March 10 announcement, which was before the lawsuit was filed. It is what they told me months before the test ended.

You seem to think it is okay to make up facts as you go along, without any evidence, and without knowing anything. That's not persuasive. That is not how you win a debate.

I keep on reminding that evidence is written down on paper because it cannot be changed in the debate. What you have received verbally is ephemeral, like glory in battle it is fleeting at the whims and ethics of the debate. The famous paper bound reason given by IH was lack of substantiation of the Rossi IP, that is it, yes, elegant in it simplicity and inscrutably elusive in its meaning but restrictive and limited in its evidentiary value.

• "The twin moons of Planet Rossi - fabulous Renzz! I'm thinking that we'll be able to cook the s'mores from our camp seats. To continue the vision if I may..... as we gaze into the lovely blue glow of the carbonless fire. Suddenly the R'ster warns us to standback, the QX bundle has somehow morphed into a QX+ and a wormhole to the 5th Dimension (no relation) has started to open. Having heard this before, Renzz and Weaver take this warning seriously and head straight for a QX Rossimobile, strap in and hit F7. Wouldn't you know it, after the war, they haven't modified all the topsy-turvy control systems yet and in about 3 seconds we land on the North (South) moon. It gets better. There is atmosphere there so we venture out to see what has happened and there, at the outpost bar, sits the Siffer with a blue umbrella drink in hand. He apparently jumped in the other QX-R and hit F6 - that machine had been reprogrammed following the war. We begin a conversation.........."

Good science fantasy Dewey! Can you turn it into a short story. I like it. I guess there is more to you than an investor. The QX machine with the function keys -- excellent. :) :) :)

• Yes - thank you Renzz. That was centering, helpful and focusing. I'm not sure if this was supposed to happen or not but I overheard the old man himself tell a story to Timar's youngest, Mowgli. Almost by coincidence, the IMS team recovered and sent over an older picture from the war years of Timar, RB01 in full battle garb and little Mowgli right behind his father (word was the RB01 got around and it is not clear who Mowgli's mother actually was - TTK and all you know) - you have to look closely or you might miss it.

Now back to the story....As the R'ster reclined to a nice 2019 Barolo, smuggled in during the war years, he said: "Little Mowgli-ah, during the great war-ah, you're father was very loyala to my regime. He single-handedly flew-ah my daily battle plans and PR/lies and Slander instructions from the home rock to the land of the normal people so as to avoid the IMS detection tools of the snakes. It was such a heroic effort. He thought that the QX power packs were providing the juice for those long dangerous trips but you know what-ah son-ah? He was doing that all on his own-ah. My stuff-ah didn't work..not even in the least-ahl. Your daddy flew under his own wings, strong warrior heart and strength. I never got a chance to tell him the truth but none of that QX stuff worked, sames as the e-Kat. Details smetails..your father was a hero son and don't you ever forget it! Oh yeah - I was finally able to get a little something out of the picoQX+. They worked well enough as prototypes to threaten the Cree blue LED. I shorted Cree, put out the tried and true massive robotics factory story, ran the PR/lies and Slander playbook again and viola, had enough money to buy all my old licenses back and declare a truce. And one more thing, your uncle Walker-ah's codec was always set incorrectly, he never got the broadcast / translation right. Would you like some Barolo?"

• Quote from IH Fanboy: “That was so in 1989, it was so in 2009, it was so in 2011, and it is so in 2016. And it will be so irrespective of whether Rossi is a fraud or has the goods.”

Jed wrote: If he is a fraud, and that becomes generally known, it will make the situation FAR WORSE for every legitimate researcher. No, not irrespective. This is will have a direct negative impact on funding and funding discussions now underway, all over the world.

Jed,
    There's a bit of logical inconsistency here. On one hand you claim that making it generally known that Rossi IS a fraud will hurt LENR research funding but at the same time you are doing everything you can to make it known.

On the other hand, the earlier claim was that it was difficult to get funding when people thought Rossi was NOT a fraud (because he appeared to be so far ahead of other researchers).

So, either way, it is difficult to get research funding for LENR!!!

P.S. Someone pointed out earlier that even before Rossi, and even though P&F were not frauds, they were still accused of being frauds which also hurt research funding.

• Quote from "Jed"

Our enemies will put fraud front and center. This will be another blow against cold fusion, thanks to Rossi. By the grace of God we may still have money from I.H.,
    without which this field would be dead, dead, dead.

I'm a little curious about this sentence. Who is "we" , and who is "our enemies"?

Reading you rants it sure seems like the people who are NOT arguing fraud is the enemy ... You on the other hand are furiously persuing the Rossi/Penon fraud hypothesis ... And then you're refering to the "we" as in "from I.H." - as if without I.H "this field would be dead".... Hmmm

And then YOU are trying to lecture me on logic - you're simply pathetic Jed - unless of course you're only speaking the pure IH spin from an IH insider pov refering only to IH as the "this field". Only then your statement makes some sense. It's obvious really. Freudian slip probably, but obvious.

So, taking some of the past rational Jed into account, I conlude this is the case. Jed, you are either completely lost, or a 100% paid for full time IH spin doctor. You just proved it.

• Dewey, I am honoured & humbled to be so prominently featured in your fiction writing despite not being a very active poster in this forum. My few short comments surely must have made a lasting impression on you. It is well known from psychology that fiction writing is, as well as other creative arts, an excellent way of self-administered trauma therapy, so I encourage you to continue. I'm looking forward to read your forthcoming fabulations on both the Timar/Mowgli and the Rossi/IH story. :thumbup:

• Quote from "Jed"

/.../ By the grace of God we may still have money from I.H.,
    without which this field would be dead, dead, dead.

IH has been recently sued for owing MUSD 89 for something they now claim never worked in the first place, and have, in addition to this, provided the claimant with a legal war fund so that legal disputes can be carried forward an eternity almost. IH is hardly a reliable money source (with the possible exception for their law firm) in any foreseeable future. It is also hard to see why IH - given the ride that Rossi has given them - would think that cold fusion is a good thing to put money into. I find it fascinating if IH has indicated to you that they are willing and able to invest further.

• Official Post

ICCF-19 in Padua attracted the biggest crowd ever, AFAIK. 500 or so delegates, it was certainly busy. Like Jed, I was there. ICCF-20 will possibly sell less tickets, since splitting it between 2 sites (Japan and China) will make it much (very much) more expensive. I plan to attend the Japan part only. Unless somebody wants to fund me for the second leg. ;) So I don't think that a reduced turnout for ICCF-20 would be a surprise.

I think the turnout in Padua was indicative of the raised profile of the topic in general post-Rossi, though the actual number of private researchers there attracted by the Rossi phenomenon was probably less than 40. (informed guess alert!)

What was interesting to me was the presence of a number of wealthy funders (from several countries) quite apart from IH. There are new sources of funding opening up, even perhaps as others close down. So perhaps the overall affect of the IH court case will be neutral. An extreme conspiracy theory would be to suggest that the court case is part of a strategy to actively discourage other big investors, and leave a clear field for IH to cherry-pick the best. Absolute nonsense of course, but it works as well as most other conspiracy theories.

Here's a sample - Carl Page (Larry's brother) and Mats Lewan -they talking with Robert Godes. Just being sociable.

• Alan - Thanks for bringing this up. Do you recall the name of the keynote speaker for ICCF-19? Do you also recall how many mentions of Rossi or E-Cat that were made during the speech?

I agree with you regarding ICCF-20. If the yen continues it's rocket ride (somewhat likely w/ Brexit plus the Abenomics failure) then not many folks are going to be able to afford the trip.

• Quote from "Space Pigeon Weaver"

Do you also recall how many mentions of Rossi or E-Cat that were made

Well, I specifically remember these quotes from Darden in the interview by Marianne Macy shortly afterwards. Are those what you are looking for?

Quote from "Darden"

We’ve seen some really good stuff. We want to support Andrea in his research however we best can.

He is very rapid at iterating. He is constantly coming up with new things, “Try this. Try this.” I think that’s a good thing. I like that attribute. I think it’s society’s problem to say to someone like that, “Ok, stop. Just work on this. Make a hundred things like this and let’s finalize something.” Well, it shouldn’t be like that. He should be able to do what he needs to do.

Rossi is a smart guy. The thing I’ve always been interested in Andrea is how intensely theoretical he is. I’m not smart enough to know what theories are right. People have a visualization of things they can’t see. I have no earthy idea if what they are seeing is correct. I had assumed he was more of an experimenter, a tinkerer, trying this and this and this, in more of a random fashion. But not at all. He is laser like in his attention He is very theoretical, very knowledgeable. He’s hard working and driven and we’re pleased with the investment. In any given setting if you are sitting with Andrea Rossi and there’s a down moment, in most of those situations he’ll be reading a physics book or physics paper. At any given moment he has five minutes between when he is doing that and doing that he’ll be sitting there reading. People see him like that in photos and think it’s staged. It’s not!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.