Leonardo/Industrial Heat Court Case on “Complex Track” — to go to Jury Trial in September 2017

• frankwtu:

Yes they do Mary, they carried out a 24 hour test which was successful, the money followed this test.

Right but you don't know the particulars, exact participants, conditions and data obtained in that test. Do you? If so, I'd love to see it.

If I were you I would send a letter to Judge John J O Sullivan, if he agrees with you then Rossi's invention will be deemed 'illusory'. This will have the same impact on the 'Patents', the 'Information Property', the Licences' and critically the 'Contract' all will be considered 'Null and Void' i.e. illusory. Since the case has been based on the claim that a valid 'Contract' has been breached, and that valid 'IP' has been misappropriated, this information will be critical to the court proceedings. In considering your claims Mary, as true and with 'substance' the court will have no choice but to dismiss the case. Then of course IH et all will be clear to sue Rossi et al for fraud.What are chances of you being right and that this will occur? Well I have my own opinion which I am pretty sure will be upheld by the court.But Hey, stick to your guns Mary, you never know. Pigs may fly, LENR may save the world and Rossi may win a Nobel Prize Best regardsFrank

The chances I am right, Frank, that Rossi is a fraud, and the ecat doesn't work, are essentially 100%. I wrote emails and talked on the phone in the past with potential investors but I am not sure I could have much influence on the legal situation. The court doesn't listen to anonymous (or even if I used my real name) "friend of the court" briefs much and preparing those properly is a lot of work. Someone else on the forums has already written to regulatory agencies in Florida with whom he has professional connections. I don't. I simply have a clear view of what Rossi is, what he did, and how he bamboozled people, than many. I have used that to help prevent more investor fraud and to expose Rossi publicly. I don't know how to have any impact on Rossi's patent and his court case. Rossi's existing patents are worthless anyway since they are for some idiotic heater configuration and have nothing to do with energy generation. They are about as good as his laughable SGS "safety" certification, done by Rossi himself.

IH is already clear to sue Rossi for fraud. They don't need me but my email address is public and notables like Dick Smith managed to contact me through it. So if anyone wants my input about Rossi's shenanigans, just write maryyugo [at] yahoo [dot] com.

• Argon:

Knowing whole year that at the end of test there is a risk that with this 'sloppy' setup Rossi would be able to claim his 89 m$ sans conditions listed in contract.
    Shouldn't anyone who is in payers position be very carefull to file a written complaint or demand to fix the setup? At least I would be very carefull to cover that.

Yes, IH's ineptness here has been startling. It just shows how easy it is for a con man to get money (at least initially) from venture capitalists. It does make sense. The money is "OPM" (Other People's Money) and does not impact Darden and Vaughn's personal finances except in the most indirect and unlikely possible manner. But yes, a one year test of a contraption consisting of multiple ecat modules (56 of them at one time) awkwardly connected and powered by a 440V 3 phase giant electrical panel, makes little sense except in the fantasy world of LENR high power believers.

As I've said many times, all Darden had to do was to commission a test by a few competent and reliable and fully independent engineers, of a single ecat, preferably the simple original models cooled by liquid, like Levi used to get his famous 135kW peak and 20kW continuous power for 18 hours from a device the size of a tennis ball with no fresh fuel. All that was needed was ACCURATE and CALIBRATED measurement of the input power and the output power, completely independent of any equipment, wiring, people or anything other than the device itself, provided by Rossi. If Rossi had said no, Darden should have said "screw you."

Not doing this was, as I (and others) have said, gross negligence and incompetence on the part of IH.

• Mary Yougo As Jed said we do not know if IH complained or not, but if they did, then again Rossi would be total idiot suing IH after that. At least if IH could prove they complained early enough before one year test completed.

For me this example shows so far that everything is just speculating since so much facts are still hidden. This weeks ews are that MTD is dismissed as big disappointment for IH camp, and probably made Dewey and Abd to leave. Also trial proceedings now got scheduled. Also for me that lawyers had met already earlier writing proposal for schedule than I had thought.

Everything else is just talks for me so far. There are too many contradicting pieces in scenarios to qualify. At least I withold my verdict until more hard tangible facts are seen.

• Mary Yougo As Jed said we do not know if IH complained or not, but if they did, then again Rossi would be total idiot suing IH after that. At least if IH could prove they complained early enough before one year test completed.

For me this example shows so far that everything is just speculating since so much facts are still hidden. This weeks ews are that MTD is dismissed as big disappointment for IH camp, and probably made Dewey and Abd to leave. Also trial proceedings now got scheduled. Also for me that lawyers had met already earlier writing proposal for schedule than I had thought.

Everything else is just talks for me so far. There are too many contradicting pieces in scenarios to qualify. At least I withold my verdict until more hard tangible facts are seen.

I think you make a huge mistake in believing that Dewey and Abd left because of MTD dismissal. They are both smart enough to know that was just a standard part of this legal chain...anyone who does not understand that I quite uninformed about these types of legal proceedings in the US...it means absolutely nothing to the case. Also if you were paying closer attention, you would know why they both left...as well as Thomas and Jack. With all due respect, I wouldn't try to spin this in the way that you are...it looks really disingenuous...your other perspectives are way more intellectual than this one.

• Jed:

Mary Yugo wrote:There many more, way more, indicators of fraud in the Rossi story than you list. I've already named most so I won't do it again.

The ones you list, and Krivit lists, are mostly related to Rossi's personality, his actions and alleged actions, and other non-technical criteria. I do not put much stock in such things, because I know of many people who seem dishonest yet who are honest, and I know of even more people who seem 100% honest and above board yet they are crooks.

I think you are confusing indicators of classical high tech / free energy fraud with indicators that the ecat, as tested, does not work. They are not the same thing.

Prior actions, current actions, criminal convictions for similar offenses, similar scams (thermoelectric), changing models without finishing proper testing of earlier ones, failing to correct testing method errors (when told about them), secret customers, NDA's when not relevant, ever decreasing performance, inconsistency and internal contradictions in blog postings, failure to participate in uncensored discussions, failure to get independent replication and a proper patent, the passage of large amounts of time during which nothing happens except escalating claims, increasing complexity of device or testing, etc. etc.--ALL are indicators of high tech fraud.

Just look at Tilley, Lee, Priest, Bedini, Steorn and many other classical scams-- they all exhibit most if not all of those characteristics. Look at legitimate project like the Segway, Bloombox, space ship designs from SpaceX and Virgin Galactic, Tesla, iPhones, etc. etc. exhibit NONE of those characteristic indicators. BTW, I don't care about Rossi's personality. Did I ever say I did? Or whether he looks honest or shady? I look at his past and current writings and activities, criminal convictions and lack of appropriate education and related accomplishments, that's all. When you stop listening to his lies and start examining the aforementioned criteria, Rossi is probably the least likely person to ever develop a radically new energy producing system.

Sure, to know whether the ecat works or not, you can only look at data. As it happens, with the ecat, credible and reliable data to make the decision isn't available to the general public because all methods used to gather data about the ecat have been deeply and irrevocably flawed, or not published. But there is much else on which to make a decision. And the best decision one can come up with is that if the ecat were real, this would be the most incredibly unusual way to develop and market such an invention in all of recent human history. Or you'd have to postulate that Rossi was stark raving mad and a complete lunatic. Simply based on the longitudinal history and what we can observe various places on the internet, that Rossi is a crook is a vastly higher probability than that he is bonkers though I suppose he could be a lot of the former and a little of the latter.

People who, as you did, do not allow their index of suspicion for fraud to grow with accumulating evidence (evidence, not iron clad proof), won't require the proper testing before they give the crook money. And that is exactly what IH did.

• About censorship:

I don't know exactly why various people left. I am never sure I want to return, mainly because the audience is so small. But be that as it may, a properly managed forum's admin will remove deliberate wastes of space in the form of blank lines, absolutely irrelevant spam or insane nonsense, extreme obscenity, and obvious libel (as in "Mr. Blank is a child molester" given without qualification or evidence). What they do NOT do, is edit people's posts without specifying exactly what the edit was and why it was done. It should be a compelling reason related to the previous criteria, not because the admin doesn't like the post.

What forum admins should emphatically NEVER do is ban people and then talk about them on the forum they have been banned from. Nothing could be more cowardly and unfair. They also do not ban people with dissenting positions. This forum has done all those things at various times so I can see how some would get discouraged and leave.

• People who, as you did, do not allow their index of suspicion for fraud to grow with accumulating evidence (evidence, not iron clad proof), won't require the proper testing before they give the crook money. And that is exactly what IH did.

How would you know what I would require? Where did that come from. My technical standards are not the same as the standards I apply to judging personality.

Again I would point out that sometimes criminals do good scientific work. You cannot dismiss a claim because the person who makes it is a criminal. As I said, Robert Stroud was an extreme example. When he was in prison in 1916, "he stabbed a guard to death in front of eleven hundred inmates in the prison Mess Hall." He constantly threatened other inmates. He was an uncontrollable psychopathic lunatic. But he was also brilliant, and one of the 20th century's foremost experts on birds, so much so that his book is still in print. People do not buy it because of his notoriety. They buy it because it is authoritative, well written and it has valuable advice.

• The motion to dismiss was not dismissed. The judge has not ruled on it. I do not understand why people keep saying it was dismissed.

How do you know? this information, when it becomes available is likely to remain 'confidential' between the parties for a while.

A judge's ruling on a motion is a matter of public record. It is never secret.

• Mary

What forum admins should emphatically NEVER do is ban people and then talk about them on the forum they have been banned from.

There were a great many contributors on this forum who found your style of contribution less than 'positive'. This is a private forum set up by private individuals, If you don't like it write to the administrators directly with your view and suggestions, I know they listen, as they have responded positively to some of my opinions and in other cases dismissed them with reasons. If you still don't like it set up your own forum.

Best regards
    Frank

• I think you make a huge mistake in believing that Dewey and Abd left because of MTD dismissal. They are both smart enough to know that was just a standard part of this legal chain...anyone who does not understand that I quite u

You could be right I really don't know a bit how FL legal system works. My instinct said that since litigation now is put to move on next phase (maybe against of what IH was predicting), continuing debate here is not best strategy for persons like Dewey who can be pretty directly associated to IH (as an shareholder).

My instinct could wel be wrong and I am easy to consider your view more realistic. I don't want to confuse anybody, just fitting the pieces in puzzle. I'm sorry if my speculation seemed too loaded. That was not my intention

• @Shane D -- ? Isn't there anything about Rossi that [you don't like] ?

Shane,

I think Rossi was simply self-deluded and then so trapped in his own statements that he can't admit to himself he was wrong.

Suing IH was just part of the delusion.

His behavior on JONP, calling people who disagree with him "clowns", "snakes", and "puppets" is just more delusional paranoia. It's irrational for an inventor who needs to do business with other companies and investors to speak in this way. I think he cannot help it.

So in short, I think Mr. Rossi, probably believes in his own case.

I don't dislike him (although I do dislike his holding back information so we can validate). I feel sorry for him as he is only hurting himself. Note that I think it is improbable that he has a working device. He is in trouble because of his inflexibility and steadfast insistence on going down the road "his way", and most likely because he can't look at his own data as a detached scientist. A successful outcome is too much part of his self-identity. He can't let go of his self-image as a successful inventor. When the history gets written we will find out the truth.

• Official Post

anonymous,

Rossi may be delusional, but that does not excuse him for his lies. There have been so many I have lost count. I could quote them almost chapter and verse, but most here are tired of hearing it. And the way he uses his JONP is irritating. You either suck up to him, or you are "spammed by the robot". That is not the way an honest person conducts themselves.

Going forward though, my dislike of Rossi will do me no good in objectively judging events as they unfold, so I will try and compartmentalize. I may slip here and there, so I may need some reminding of that! :)

• @frankwtu

I am not surprised that people didn't like my style. I am direct but I support my accusations and assertions with facts wherever possible. Demonstrating the depth to which Rossi is undeserving of trust could not have been popular with people who thought he was about to be awarded a Nobel prize. But they were wrong.

I don't suppose you are defending talking about people on a forum after they have banned from it? Either have the decency to let them at least respond to that string or in the alternative, do not write any more about them once they have been banned. As I said, doing otherwise is cowardly and unethical, whether you like the point of view and style or not.

I suspect the latitude I seem to be accorded at present is due to the fact that I have been essentially 100% right about everything I said about both Rossi and Defkalion.

• @ShaneD

I suspect the only thing Rossi is/was delusional about is that he could continue to get away with the same sort of scam again and again indefinitely. I have not the slightest doubt that he knows that the ecat is a fake. It's a deliberate and carefully planned deception otherwise the deception would not be as effective as it has been. I am confident that Rossi tests every mismeasurement he makes to be sure it has exactly the expected effect, This is the only credible explanation about why he has never allowed proper calibration over the full operating temperature range. It also explains his constant change of experiments-- he never demonstrates exactly the same version twice. This is classical for sleight of hand. If you do the same trick too many times in front of the same people, humans being evolved the way they are, eventually some will detect the deception.

You forgot to say "repetitive"!

Same repeated believer errors again and again get the same correct responses from skeptics. You, in particular, are an amazingly slow learner. Astoundingly slow. Excruciatingly so. And believers repeat the same insults and identity stalking again and again as if it could change Rossi's lies to truths. Talk about repetition!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.