Florida Boiler Safety Section information

• It looks like Henry W Johnson president of KMC was responsible for the property of the customer who was incorporated out of England.

WHAT!?!?!? At what point are you going to stop passing off rumor and misinformation as fact?!?! Please show me proof of this....and do not come back to me with a "Rossi says" or bogus contract verbage...proof.....you are amazing today.

• JUDGE: Is it true that you operated an unlicesensed steam boiler?
    ROSSI: Not at all. It is a water-cooled fusion reactor.

JUDGE: Is it true that you operated an unlicesensed steam boiler?
    ROSSI: Not at all. It is a water-cooled fusion reactor.
    FEDERAL AGENT: A fusion reactor you say? A 1MW fusion reactor in an industrial complex???? Please come this way sir....

• Hi all

This is Great! What a a wonderful find Jed now we can force the publication of the ERV report as evidence in the case and IH's lawyers will not be able to stop it as it is Criminal Law not Civil!

Well done Jed!

Kind Regards walker

• Hi all

So when are you going to report this Jed?

I mean you are based there, so it is really easy for you to do, no excuses now.

I look forward to your statement that you have reported this! Please include evidence!

Thank you for your and IH's Lawyers, who it is now reported you are working with, efforts in finding a way to ensure the ERV is released so much earlier.

When I pointed out an IH insider would leak the ERV report I had no idea you would respond so quickly :)

Kind regards walker

• "(1) The only boilers required to be inspected under the provisions of ss. 554.1011-554.115 are boilers located in public assembly locations."

This seems to be the key phrase that exempts the IH/Rossi installation. "Public Assembly Locations" occurs throughout the whole document as being the only places where the law applies.

This is expanded deeper in the document:

"....used in the definition of “public assembly locations” in Section 554.1021(2), F.S., means a building, facility, occupancy, or portion thereof, or an area open to the public for educational purposes or for trade or commerce including, but not limited to, public and private schools, universities, child care centers, city, county and
    state government buildings, commerce facilities, shopping malls, departmental stores, grocery stores, motels, hotels, resorts, vacation clubs, fitness centers, and restaurants; meeting rooms, game rooms, and similar places where the public is invited or permitted to gather, as well as boiler rooms, located in apartment complexes, condominiums, cooperatives, or similar multi-family dwellings; dry cleaners, laundries or laundromats; retirement homes; religious schools; bus or train stations; colleges and other institutions of higher learning; fraternal organizations; any club open to guests and the public; and any building or area in which persons may assemble for civic, educational, religious, recreational, entertainment or other purposes, or in which passengers may await public transportation. The term “public assembly locations” also means “places of public assembly” as used in this rule chapter."

An industrial site or sites as I am familiar with them are emphatically NOT "public assembly locations". Indeed, access is strictly limited and NOT "public".

• "It is easier to get forgiven than to get permission."

Let's imagine the conversation with the state inspector (please read his lines in the voice of a good ole boy who traps alligators for a hobby):

Inspector: "Great. The fittings look good. The relief valves check out. Your steam checks out. Scale is under control. Let's take a look at the burners and we can wrap this up."

Rossi: "It's not a burner. It's a low energy nuclear reactor."

Inspector: "Did you say nukular?"

• An industrial site or sites as I am familiar with them are emphatically NOT "public assembly locations". Indeed, access is strictly limited and NOT "public".

There are similar laws covering industrial sites. You cannot operate heavy machinery without inspections and certifications. If you could, the death rate from industrial accidents would be as high today as it was before 1880, when the ASME was founded. It was appalling back then.

If you have been in factories you will have seen state inspection certificates next to all types of heavy machinery, and boilers, vehicles, fork lifts, elevators, etc. No one in the first world is allowed to run a factory without safety inspections, thank goodness.

• There are a variety of different regs for different building types. Someone here mentioned that R&D sites in universities and corporations are not covered by the same regulations as commercial sites. That is correct. The documents I linked to are for things like apartment buildings, stores, etc., "public assembly locations" as noted here by Warthog.

Here is a document showing how the fire department defines some of the categories:

http://www.fll.net/CodeAppeals/Documents/file69a.pdf

(5) Any time NFPA 1 or NFPA 101 refers to any other NFPA standard that has not been adopted by the Division of State Fire Marshal in this rule chapter, the referenced standard shall be the Florida edition adopted in Rule 69A-3.012, F.A.C.

(6) Community colleges shall comply with the applicable chapters of NFPA 1 and NFPA 101, the Florida editions adopted in Rule 69A-3.012, F.A.C., in accordance with the following:
    (a) Instructional buildings, classrooms with a capacity of fewer than 50 persons, and instructional laboratories are classified as a business occupancy.
    (b) Classrooms with a capacity of 50 persons or more are classified as an assembly occupancy.
    (c) Non-instructional laboratories are classified as an industrial occupancy.

(7) Nothing contained in these rules prohibits a county, municipality, or special district having firesafety responsibility and a school board or community college from entering into an agreement or an understanding which governs inspections, reviews, and approvals of new construction in the subject jurisdiction.

(8) In the event of a conflict between the local fire official and the board on the requirement or interpretation of any provision of this rule chapter or Rule Chapter 69A-60, F.A.C., the Florida Fire Prevention Code, the conflict shall be resolved by agreement between the local fire official and the board . . .

It is pretty complicated, but there is no equipment and no building not covered by one code or another.

(The statute says that Federally owned buildings are covered by Uncle Sam and have to be inspected and certified by the U.S. Yet another special category.)

• Stepping back for a moment, it is remarkable to think that Rossi has been operating a 1 MW nuclear reactor of sorts in a warehouse somewhere in Florida. You kind of have to be slowly acclimated to the details of this story to take it seriously.

• Stepping back for a moment, it is remarkable to think that Rossi has been operating a 1 MW nuclear reactor of sorts in a warehouse somewhere in Florida. You kind of have to be slowly acclimated to the details of this story to take it seriously.

Thanks Walker You finally got it: The only Doral (the claimed Rossi location) Company which had a relation to Chemistry was a warehouse. ----> Potemkin...

• At most of the industrial sites I have visited or worked in, access is either limited at the main gate to the overall site, or at the front door of the business location, or both, which is before any conference room....so I think using the conference room would not be a problem.

Stepping back for a moment, it is remarkable to think that Rossi has been operating a 1 MW nuclear reactor of sorts in a warehouse somewhere in Florida. You kind of have to be slowly acclimated to the details of this story to take it seriously.

Oh please. Rossi has been operating an awkward ELECTRICAL HEATER of anywhere from 15kW to maybe 400kW power, depending on who you believe. It is not and has never been a "reactor". There is no acceptable evidence that there is any sort of reaction in any Rossi device or that there has ever been any.

• So Jed have you reported the plant yet?

I assume you mean report it as a violation to the Florida Boiler Safety Section. There is nothing to report. It is only 20 kW, with no excess heat, and no nuclear reaction of any sort. Boilers under 117 kW are exempt. It does not violate any regulations, except that the instruments on it do not show the correct heat balance. That may be a violation. It would be a violation with a larger reactor. I don't know about a 20 kW boiler. Anyway, it is no longer in use.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.