Florida Boiler Safety Section information

• Than at least post some copy of this non disclosure contract!

Why should I? What difference does it make to you whether I signed a formal agreement, or whether I simply made an informal gentleman's agreement? It amounts to the same thing. I would honor the agreement either way. You can see that I am honoring it.

It is none of your business in any case. It is irrelevant to this discussion. And nobody cares whether you believe me or not. I sure don't care.

You argue about strange things. Why on earth do you care whether I have signed a contract or not?

• Hi all

In reply to Jed on the matter of his being unable to put up any proof of his statements.

The problem we as a community have is that you have a history of making big claims with nothing to back them up, many of which you then back down on; you do understand the problems this creates for your credibility, don't you?

Kind Regards walker

• The problem we as a community have is that you have a history of making big claims with nothing to back them up,

You have described Rossi, not me. I make few big claims. In proper academic style, I wrap all claims -- big or small -- in layer upon layer of doubt, equivocation, and then-again-maybe-not disclaimers.

• Big claims with nothing to back them up...the story of Sir Doctor Rossi's life! THAT should have been the title to Lewan's book! Although I do like the irony in the title of Lewan's book "An Impossible Invention"...an invention it may be...but impossible is quite right.

• "Why should I do your homework for you? Are you seriously suggesting that factory equipment is not regulated and inspected? This is not 1870."

Perhaps because I "have" looked at your Florida regs and am not finding what you say is there? What you need to grasp in this discussion is that research prototypes (including test pilot plants) are NOT considered "factory equipment". They may be in a factory environment, and they may perform operations similar to commercial factory equipment, but they are a different category completely and, in my experience, are regulated differently.

Some of their commercially available components may well be "regulated and inspected"by outside parties, either before leaving the factory or on site. But there is no regulatory agency capable of "regulating and inspecting" the whole pilot plant system, because most of the time, it is the first ever of its type, and no regulations have yet been written.

• Hi all

In reply to Jed on the matter of his being unable to put up any proof of his statements.

The problem we as a community have is that you have a history of making big claims with nothing to back them up, many of which you then back down on; you do…

I object to you in general. But specifically i object to "we as a community". Please don't include me in Walker's inanity.

• Jed is the master of using the "Red Herring" method in the debate. He not only uses it, he exaggerates it, distorts it, reformes it, to manufacture his own reality, and through the weight of repetition and the volume of opressive verbiage attempts to circumvent reality to suit his own prejudices and emotions.

• padam73:

Do research prototypes sell heat for $1k a day to a consumer that runs a production line that produces products?

Of course not, but there is not a shred of evidence that Rossi ever did other than his say so. And of course, the supposed "consumer" is a shell company, set up by Rossi's own lawyer, which has shown no production, no production line and not even proof that the company is real and has a purpose other than deception.

• padam73:
    Do research prototypes sell heat for $1k a day to a consumer that runs a production line that produces products?
    Of course not, but there is not a shred of evidence that Rossi ever did other than his say so.

I think the point that Padam73 is making is that if the claims were true, this would not be a purely "research" boiler.

I do not see a research category in the Florida regs. I have not looked carefully. The only thing I found is that boilers and experimental equipment installed in university labs which are not used by students are classified "industrial."

• "Do research prototypes sell heat for $1k a day to a consumer that runs a production line that produces products? "

If heat is the product, yes. I am less familiar with energy sales, as the products of the production plants within which I was doing R&D were chemicals. Some sold, some given away. It depends on the maturity of the pilot plant and the product mix produced, and what downstream uses the plant output was going to.

• "I think the point that Padam73 is making is that if the claims were true, this would not be a purely "research" boiler."

You keep trying to shoehorn this pilot system into the category "boiler", which it is not. It is an experimental energy production device that happens to deliver steam.
    It is absolutely commonplace in the chemical industry for a pilot plant to sell its output. It all depends on what the customers will agree to. Which is governed by a negotiated contract....exactly as was done in this case.

• It is an experimental energy production device that happens to deliver steam.

Otherwise known as a "boiler." A nuclear fusion powered boiler is still a boiler. However, I am sure there are no regulations covering nuclear fusion reactors, so -- as I said -- if anyone in the government of Florida seriously believes this is a fusion reactor I am sure they will close it down immediately.

It is an experimental energy production device that happens to deliver steam.

I'm no engineer but if I understand the definition of "boiler" correctly, a device which boils water to make steam "are" one, with all its attendant safety issues (boom!).

• Otherwise known as a "boiler." A nuclear fusion powered boiler is still a boiler. However, I am sure there are no regulations covering nuclear fusion reactors, so -- as I said -- if anyone in the government of Florida seriously believes this is a fusion reactor I am sure they will close it down immediately.

I seriously doubt that any nuclear plant is legally regulated as a "boiler" (not PWR's, of course). The E-cat, legally, is an experimental prototype that happens to output steam. Just show me the section in the Florida state regs that apply, as I am not finding one.

• I seriously doubt that any nuclear plant is legally regulated as a "boiler" (not PWR's, of course).

The boiler portion of a nuclear plant is regulated as a boiler. All regulations applicable to large boilers apply to nuclear plant boilers. The nuclear reactor is regulated by NRC.

The E-cat, legally, is an experimental prototype that happens to output steam. Just show me the section in the Florida state regs that apply, as I am not finding one.

There are no regulations in Florida or anywhere else pertaining to cold nuclear fusion reactors, because most scientists do not think they exist. If there were a 1-MW nuclear fusion reactor, the authorities would have no regulations governing it, but that does not mean they would allow it to operate. If they found out about it, I am sure they would close it down, and probably cordon off the neighborhood with dozens of police cars. It would be the top story on CNN for hours. People would assume it is some sort of bomb. Based on the performance of other cold fusion reactor that have exploded, they might be right -- it might be a bomb. I personally think it is insane to run a cold fusion reactor at more than a few hundred watts.

Rossi's device is nothing more than an electric water heater, so there is no danger from it. It did not produce more energy out than in. It is a badly designed 20-kW electric water heater. So it does not need to be regulated.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.