A simplified theory of LENR

• Axil is twaddling a lot again about things which he doesn't understand at all - even at the solely shallow conceptual basis. Why just the people who have nothing to say are these more verbose ones?
    The absence of proton decay confirms Standard Model, which doesn't allow LENR and it therefore strengthens the impossibility of LENR. This is the straightforward conclusion from experiments linked.
    In addition, the fast running process like the LENR cannot depend on extremely low numbers like the 10^34-year lifetime of proton, the above experiment is therefore orthogonal/irrelevant to LENR.

All the rest is just confused postmodern word salad about things which aren't related to GUT/Standard Model at all.

• In addition, the fast running process like the LENR cannot depend on extremely low numbers like the 10^34-year lifetime of proton, the above experiment is therefore orthogonal/irrelevant to LENR.

Orthogonal is the right way to view much of this speculation. If only there were programmatic changes made to add some tendency to choose a sensible path among the many ideas, those few that may have some merit might form ....

• One tantalizing hint is the importance of lattice defects in the semiconductor cavity for the asymmetric generation of monopole-like soliitons. See "Methods" on page 8.

In the papers below you can find that SPP waves, usually occurring behind surface disturbance, can build up huge potentials. We see over 600x increase of the E-field. This is enough to 'strongly' weaken the coulumb shielding.
    For me its not clear if their nature is a standing wave and how they devellop in time.

This leaves an other point open: Are the nano cavities in LENR fuel important to generate the disturbance or to be a NAE! I would opt for the first.

In fact Axils paper was a repost, with now hopefully some bigger audiance.

The following pages could also be interesting:
    - http://physics.gsu.edu/stockman/
    - http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1405/1405.1657.pdf

You must search
    (Light: Science & Applications (2016) 5, e16017; doi:10.1038/lsa.2016.17)
    (Nanoplasmonics: Stockman_Phys_Today_2011_Physics_behind_Applications.pdf - stockman)

axil: The SPAWAR patent explicitly claims (without details) other particles, I saw disclosed in an other publication! May be you can find this again!

• What evidence is there of muon decay being involved? Why don't we see Bremstrahlung?

In LENR, there seems to be an energy dampening field in place. From CR39 experiments where the particle detectors is seeing 10s of thousands of high speed particles created and then impacting matter of all kinds at all distances from the particle creation source and yet no gammas are detected. Where does all that energy that these particles were carrying go? When the [articles impact, the holes are formed in the plastic detectors, but the production of those holes are without any gamma afterglow. Any theory of LENR must explain this lack of high energy broadcasting sometimes at extreme distances from the source of the particles. LENR theory must explain this wonder without sounding like word salad.

• In LENR, there seems to be an energy dampening field in place. From CR39 experiments where the particle detectors is seeing 10s of thousands of high speed particles created and then impacting matter of all kinds at all distances from the particle creation source and yet no gammas are detected. Where does all that energy that these particles were carrying go? When the [articles impact, the holes are formed in the plastic detectors, but the production of those holes are without any gamma afterglow. Any theory of LENR must explain this lack of high energy broadcasting sometimes at extreme distances from the source of the particles. LENR theory must explain this wonder without sounding like word salad.

Axil: May be You should once calculate the 'density' of the events: Thousands of craters means 1 crater per second or, if the experiment lasted more than one day, even 1 per minute!

May be not every LENR lab has a CERN level detector which snoops every photon... But mfp did see some low energy gamma - what's up then ??

• In the early days of my LENR research, when I surveyed the nanoplasmonic literature to determine how much EMF amplification I could find that had been seen in the polariton research. I saw that value of this power amplification level was detected using chemical dyes (SERS) and how these compounds reacted to the power level of the EMF produced by the particles. In some test runs, the chemicals were destroyed and that run was discarded. So only power levels where mentioned where the chemical compounds survived. These power level amplification factors were usually 10^^9 but some were in the order of 10^^12 maximum. The most I ever saw in the research was 10^^15 amplification level. That is not counting test runs where the chemical compounds were destroyed. These EMF amplifiaction factors were a function of nano and micro particle grouping affects; that is, how the particles were arranged. A particle clump with very big particles mixed with very small particles with particles sized in between the two extremes produced the most EMF power amplification.

This process is all explained in the references above.

• Axil: May be You should once calculate the 'density' of the events: Thousands of craters means 1 crater per second or, if the experiment lasted more than one day, even 1 per minute!

May be not every LENR lab has a CERN level detector which snoops every photon... But mfp did see some low energy gamma - what's up then ??

The great thing about Holmlid experiments is that he counts particles per laser shot. Holmlid sees up to 1×10^^13 ions per laser shot. Why is Holmlid still alive?

From
    Direct observation of particles with energy >10 MeV/u from laser-induced fusion in ultra-dense deuterium

A discussion of the absolute signal observed must include a discussion about the secondary electron emission coefficient for the impact of MeV protons on a metal collector surface like Al used here. Such data exist in the literature (Park & Jang 2007; Borovsky et al. 1988;
    Thornton & Anno 1977). The coefficient is smaller than unity for this energy range and thus signal, which is similar to the signal found with the collector at ground potential. The total charge observed at the collector is thus up to 3×10-10 As or 2×10^^9 ions per laser shot. The exposed collector area corresponds to 2×10^^-4 of the full sphere, which gives a total charge ejected of 1.5×10^^-6 As or 1×10^^13 ions per laser shot assuming isotropic formation of the protons. That this value is considerably higher than the previous value given in Holmlid (2012a) may be due to the actual small viewing factor in these earlier PMT based measurements, which was difficult to estimate correctly. If this charge is due to an average particle energy of 3 MeV, the total energy in the ejected protons is 4.5 J per laser shot.

Assuming that the ions detected are not protons but that they are heavier than protons means that the energy observed is correspondingly larger. Thus, the most conservative (lowest) estimate is that all the ions are protons. The observed peak ion current is 8 mA, which corresponds to 16 A in the peak, assuming isotropic formation.

Regarding: "But mfp did see some low energy gamma - what's up then ??"

I explain that here
    A simplified theory of LENR

• From
    Direct observation of particles with energy >10 MeV/u from laser-induced fusion in ultra-dense deuterium

Hello Axil: From DD LENR fusion we expect either alphas with up to 12 MeV or two protons with each up to 12 MeV.

I personally are more interesting in seeing two protons, with energy up to 12 MeV, because this could explain something...

• @axil It doesn't need to be magnetic. See 10.1038/nature08318 for an experimental demonstration of visible light SPASER emission at ~530 nm (blue-green) from prepared nano particles.

Some background at https://www.technologyreview.c…smallest-laser-ever-made/

Thanks Wyttenbach for the pointer to Stockman's work!

@magicsound

Researchers has just discovered a high-energy side-peak emission whose frequency increases in proportion with the power content of the SPP.

http://phys.org/news/2016-06-s…einstein-condensates.html

The SPP produces light as well as monopole magnetic flux lines. The blue light produced by Rossi's reactor might well come from the side peak emission. SPP light is also where the blue-black light from sonoluminescence comes from. And I also suspect that the black light from SPPs is what R. Mills sees, and that hydrinos are distortions of electron orbits produced by SPP magnetism. Hydrinos are an effect of SPPs and not a cause of LENR.

Referenced below, G. Egely explains how SPPs have produced LENR systems for the last 100 years since Tesla. If you have the time, it is worth the read.

http://www.egely.hu/letoltes/F…seudo-Particles-Part1.pdf
    http://www.egely.hu/letoltes/F…seudo-Particles-Part2.pdf
    http://www.egely.hu/letoltes/F…seudo-Particles-Part3.pdf

When you complete this read you will discover that I am not orginal. Others speak the same word salad as I do. If lack of originality is a comfort to you then be happy and glad. GroupThink is easy on the brain.

An inherent characteristic of the Surface Plasmon Polariton (SPP) is that it is a BEC. If a SPP can form, the SPP will form a BEC no matter how high the temperature is. A dusty plasma will produce SPPs among the dust particles.

One last thing, SPPs are superconducting. This is why the resistance goes down on those Calanti wires when the LENR reaction takes hold.

• Letts and Cravens found a number of LENR active resonances by using two lasers that produced beats through interference. They found there was a number of LENR stimulation frequencies in the terahertz region. In THz, 8.4, 14.5, 14.75, 15.3 and a broad resonance peak at 20 and 21.4. By using a square wave pulsed EMF stimulation, those high frequencies could be produced by wave interference. That is why many successful replications are produced by triacs and pulsed power stimulators like Brillouin Energy Corp.

SPP are powered by dipole oscillations of an electron and a hole(positive ion), a way to get energy into the dipole will feed power into the SPP which is essentially a ball of photons in a cavity. A external stimulative waveform that resonates with the dipole will feed energy into the SPP which will convert that energy into focused magnetic flux lines. Once a sufficient LENR magnetic power level is reached, the LENR reaction will produce a positive feedback loop by absorbing nuclear energy and converting it to continued magnetic field lines, heat, and light(blue).

• The cold fusion is a consequence of multiple contributing factors, but the dominant one is driven with quite classical physics and it utilizes the low-dimensional character of lattice collisions. The cold fusion arising from free collisions in plasma cloud is extremely improbable from thermodynamic perspective, because the simultaneous collision of many atoms (along single line) is also extremely improbable inside the plasma gas. Not so inside the well arranged crystal lattice...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Physi…ntional_source_of/cl8nnf8

There is no need to raise exotic extensions of GUT or Standard Model - especially not in the moment, when they were (again) falsified by (absence) of proton decay.

• /* The mechanism of cold fusion is proton decay. */

Complete BS. You're just raising this concept, because you just read about it in context of some new experiments before few hours, which is your usual modus operandi for enthusiastic pushing of whatever idea thinkable at all places of the web.

Voila - a proton decay!! Who would think of that?!? Did you read about my new theory of cold fusion?
    You're behaving like some little kid in this respect...

So now you're full of it - but you probably missed the detail, this decay was just dismissed by these experiments - not confirmed. Normal person would say: I see, this idea cannot work for cold fusion - if nothing else than because these experiments didn't confirm it. But it makes absolutely no obstacle for you. I'm pretty sure, if these experiments would confirm the proton decay, you would twaddle about it as enthusiastically, like today, because the logical thinking is not something which you want to bother with.

• Hi Zephir, I read your linked article and see simularities with Me356 recent experiment where he reported Li visible to the NiH reaction gave nuclear effects.

You say Li must be molten and only a few degrees of temp window to get the reaction. May I ask from where are your sources?

Also: If NiH effect is phonon driven - what frequency(ies) would you suggest make most bang?

• https://www.facebook.com/chemonuclearfusionproject http://newenergytimes.com/v2/l…ear-Fusion-ER2006-42W.pdf http://www.roxit.ax/CN.pdf http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MinariTexperiment.pdf http://www.diva-portal.org/sma…iva2:52651/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Fusion device particle spectrum

/* If NiH effect is phonon driven - what frequency(ies) would you suggest make most bang */

Did I say, it's phonon driven? I don't remember it... I did talk about low-dimensional collisions. There is Znidarsic theory, according to which the surface and bulk of atom orbitals must get into a mutual resonance and the resulting resonating frequency predicted is in range of few THz. IMO this frequency is too high, because what resonates is not surface of single atom orbital, but multiple entangled ones, so that the resonating frequency gets lower.

me356: Reactor parameters [part 2]

• Regarding the plasmons, inside the metal lattice we cannot have subsurface vibrations (i.e. polarons) without some surface ones (i.e. plasmons) in similar way like we cannot have sound waves inside the water without some surface noise) and the composite vibrations of both (i.e. polaritons), but IMO the lattice collisions are dominated by subsurface effects, which manifest itself with jets and vortex rings at surface instead of ripples.

IMO the cold fusion can be initiated both with impacts of deuterons from outside, both by resonance of lattice waves, which essentially means, during cold fusion we should use the AC discharge with DC component: the DC component injects the ions beneath surface of metal and the AC components will hammer them there. If you find some resonance frequency for it, the better - but from my above links its apparent, the AC component and waves isn't really necessary for cold fusion, when the accelerating voltage is high enough.

But there is caveat with discharge at the atmospheric pressure during layman experiments, that the ions cannot get too high energy due to Towsend's avalanches and self-ionization - no matter how high voltage its used. We for example cannot generate X-rays with common plasma ball, but once it gets evacuated, then there is no problem with it.

So that once we try the LENR at sufficiently high pressure, we should use the AC component, i.e. HF discharge, we would compensate this negative effect a bit.

• Another reason, why the plasmons wouldn't participate on nuclear fusion is, these surface ripples are rather slow, whereas the polarons are much faster (analogously to speed of surface ripples with respect to underwater sound speed). The nuclear reactions are extremely fast with compare to orbital transitions, not to say about surface waves of them so that the cold fusion will finish before these waves will be even able to move.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.