DoE Position on LENR in IDEAS projects

• Official Post

Paul Mahler just recently pointed this documents, FOA (what is it?) about DoE IDEA program
    http://arpa-e.energy.gov/?q=faq/general-questions

http://arpa-e.energy.gov/sites/default/files/IDEAS DE-FOA-0001002_2.pdf
    page 20 :

Q74. According to a recent announcement. ARPAe suddenly cut off funding for part or all of their INNOVATIVE DEVELOPMENT IN ENERGY-RELATED APPLIED SCIENCE funding program. My colleagues and I worked very hard on this project for months and now it seems all of our work will have been wasted despite the national security and energy security value of our low energy nuclear reactor that can replace dangerous nuclear fission reactors in nuclear submarines and civilian power plants with nonradioactive aneutronic fusion. The Department of Energy had a website describing the funding program that was widely publicized as funding possible disruptive energy technologies. That was removed from the web recently. I think that somebody is deliberately suppressing low energy nuclear reactor research at a time when both Science and Nature the two most important scientific journals have expressed support for low energy nuclear reaction (LENR) research. Please contact me and tell me why LENR was defunded from the IDEAS program?

ANSWER: The entries in Figure 3 of the FOA are representative examples of technologies for converting among the various types of energies. The removal of low-energy nuclear reactions (LENR) from the examples listed under Nuclear-Chemical conversions in no way precludes concepts for innovative nuclear-chemical energy conversion being proposed to ARPA-E under IDEAS.

Document was updated in september 2015, and question was from september 2014.
    I suspect the complaint come from Miley/Lenuco (or LENR-Cars) origin.

Position is rational and cautious... "We don't talk of LENR but if it works, you are eligible". I sign. :lenr:

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.