David Fojt: Replication discussion

• Since me356 seems to be busy with his invention.

May I ask @David Fojt any update of your 'Russian dolls'.

1) Have you already fired them up with fuel loaded or are you in calibration run phase.

2) Is there some specific reason that you have 3 tubes in cylinder instead of just one?.

• Official Post

Hi David.

I'm not sure I follow your fuel-mix calculation. As you say, 'disturbing'. There is another element to be included which is nowhere (AFAIK) in the literature, which is Carbon -as particles. It has definitely been seen in the ash. My theory is that this acts as an anti-caking agent to prevent/reduce sintering of the powder at the high temperatures inside the reactor.

ETA- this would/could form highly reactive Lithium Carbide in the reactor. But it will also reduce Lithium Carbonate as is found on the surface of CO2-passivated nano-Li.

• Thank you David. Please keep on reporting here when you feel so. Even people don't write comments on posts sometimes, it does not mean that they are not read. Sometimes people just don'know what to comment or ask.

About powder you write, unfortunately I know nothing in modern physics beyond original Bohr atomic model. What I could do is to throw grazy thoughts, where you or someone else could get some new real ideas.

Lets try: I think Rossi talks about sandwiching in new E-cat patents. Could it be that he did that already with old powder versions. What comes to my my mind is grazy ideas like evaporating LAH to coat the powder with it. I think his early E-cats shut down around 1300C where Nickel melted.

Or higher temps could be achieved in 'sandwitch mode' if first coat Li Ni powder with Al2O3 then result again with LAH. That would separate them physically, but I don't know would Al2O3 be optimal isolator.

Same thing could be done more accurately using ALD process (atomic layer by layer) but I doubt Rossi did not have expensive ALD equipment.

These are just absolutely grazy layman thoughts based on wikipedia googling without any scientific background, but maybe someone gets food of thought from these and could pick up further from here.

PS. My previous question 2) was poorly formatted. I meant that in you pictures you have several cores attached close to each other, wouldn't they 'disturb' each other, making them more difficult to control. So maybe starting with one core would be easier?

• About calculation I requested Dr Jean Luc Paillet to do that, here everybody loves all doctors...smile

Hello David: Do You plan to gain energy by X+4 transmutations or by the formation of He? (C) These two processes work quite differently!

For internal transmutations X+(n x 4) the Mizuno group added Cu as a kind of catalysator and Ca to provide the startig potential (200eV).

If we can believe the Lugano ash measurements, Li7 reacts endotherm as it was reduced to Li6! So it's basically a donnator!

• I think low neutron is the secret also adding Carbon to lowered speed of some of thems, because you don't meet low of fast neutrons between thems it exists a large range of speed.

David, I am trying to follow this interesting discussion. Can you kindly clarify or restate the above sentence. Thanks!

• By adding few carbon ( moderator)you could regulate speed of all of them to do a average.
    You should have more probability for more neutrons capture then increase COP of course.

This is the Widom-Larson assumption, which might be correct for the basic ignition of LENR, but never can be true as a main driver for high power LENR. If You followed other threads, then you see that many think any source of neutron would work for basic ignition (which leads to a COP 1.2 in NiAlH).

Of course moderation can always help a lot and if You get more than 1.2, we all will give You the well deserved applause!

• There is a strong danger from adding carbon to the mix. If oxygen becomes present in the system (and it begins with oxygen present) then CO will form and then Ni(CO)4 will form at high temperatures. Ni(CO)4 is a highly volatile liquid which vaporizes at low temperature. It is HIGHLY TOXIC and is known in the industry as "liquid death". You must be ultra-sure to control where the exhausted vapors will go when you take gasses from the reactor or open it if carbon has been added.

• Official Post

Hi Bob.

While I agree with you about the dangers of Nickel Carbonyl, it's relatively low dissociation temperature and the presence of highly reductive Lithium means we are unlikely to see any escape from the reactor- even if it survives the temperatures involved. Prior and repeated flushing with Hydrogen also makes this an unlikely (if significant) hazard which while folly to overlook is an unlikely guest at the wedding.

• Prior and repeated flushing with Hydrogen also makes this an unlikely (if significant) hazard which while folly to overlook is an unlikely guest at the wedding.

I hope this is the case, Alan. However, one must not discount the situation that about 50% of these reactors fail catastrophically, spilling their guts to atmosphere. A prime time to fail is at about 200C where a lot of H2 is released and the pressure becomes really high. When it breaches, the hydrogen will exit quickly and O2 will pour in, while it is still pretty hot.

I hate to say it but a number of Ni-H researchers have suffered from sever (life threatening) respiratory disfunction.

• So they have - but in most cases this has been put down to the allergenic properties of Nickel itself. BTW, in over 50 experiments I have only ever had one reactor breach. I must be doing something wrong. :(

John Fisher's CR39 experiments have shown that the nuclear active sites (NAS) are mobile and can float in the air like dust. Those NAS produce far more alpha particles than does radon. The LENR experiment must be airtight for safety sake.

• Official Post

Ultrasonic waves have need observed as triggering LENR in PdD among many other stimulations.
    http://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEwhatcondit.pdf

With Rossi's barnum we should be careful when interpreting the Lugano recipes, but from Piantelli to Songsheng, there is interesting possibilities to confirm.
    Moreover with Patrick Gras and similar "accidents" there s great hope of a good protocol to be developed. as you and Alan do, differently, a test bench have to be done.

However the key problem is finding a theory (Ed Storms is clearly saying no experiment can be done without a form of theory), confirming it, pulling consequences, and finally engineering as JF Geneste said in Milan.

When you make a working recipe, the work will start for PhD to exploit the test bench designed by engineers... until the theory can be exploited by engineers... that is the cycle of life.

Collaboration is required, but probably only with those who colaborate...
    when LENR will be fashion, decision makers will look not a those with best results, but with best methods, and biggest network.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.