The Superwave

• One of the mechanisms that seems to work in stimulating the LENR reaction is EMF stimulation. There is a number of threads of research that might be tied together to get a handle on what could be the character and structure of this stimulation.

One of this treads is the Superwave patented in 2003 by Energetics Technologies, L.L.C.

https://www.google.nl/patents/US20030213696?dq=US2003213696&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjupK7b69_NAhUCYiYKHQY2CS8Q6AEIHjAA

The patent depicts the Superwave waveform as follows:

This waveform seems to help in starting the LENR reaction in electrolytic based systems.

It looks like a fractal based waveform with the primary wave repeated in superposition as a half or quarter wave of the primary wave in iterative fashion.

But what is the goal of the Superwave? I believe that the goal is to get to a very high frequency in the terahertz range using simple electronics in order to drive the dipole motion of the plasmons that are the fundamental power source of the LENR reaction through resonance.

Letts and Cravens found a number of LENR active resonances by using two lasers that produced beats through interference. They found there was a number of LENR stimulation frequencies in the terahertz region. In THz, 8.4, 14.5, 14.75, 15.3 and a broad resonance peak at 20 and 21.4.

By using the Superwave format, the goal is to get to one of these LENR active resonances at the smallest fractal resolution.

To build the our superwave, lets choose the 20 THz frequency as the smallest waveform in our compound superwave format.

We use the half wave fractal pattern, that means that the sign waves that form the superwave go like this

20, 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25, .625, 0.3125, 0.15625, 78.125 GHz, 39.0625 and so on until we get down to a low frequency or 20 harmonics. This Superwave form will resolve to a square wave or a saw tooth wave.

The harmonics that Rossi used in the Lugano test looked like a combined half wave and quarter wave mix.

The Lugano repost said that "The figure reveals that all the most important harmonics are contained within the 20th harmonic, and, therefore, that all the wave shape harmonics input to the system lie within the PCE’s measuring range"

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Creating customer signals using BenchLink Waveform Builder Pro

softwarehttp://www.keysight.com/find/33522AAgilent 33503A BenchLink Waveform Builder Pro Software is the first full-featured waveform creation software for pulse function arbitrary waveform generators. The software enables you to take full advantage of the signal generation capabilities of the Agilent 33200, 33500, 81100 Series waveform generators and makes custom waveform creation fast and simple!This Microsoft Windows®-based program provides easy-to-use creation tools such an equation editor, waveform math and drawing tools to create custom signals with a library of built-in waveforms to choose from. The software also provides a waveform sequencer, filters and windowing functions allowing you to easily modify and further define your waveform.With the BenchLink Waveform Builder Pro you get advanced signal creation and editing capabilities without spending hours programming.

This shows how to connect the signal generator

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is a 'physics' thread so probably the right place.

Hi Axil.

Making a 20Thz waveform is one thing, boosting it to significant power levels is another. Do you have any suggestions as to how this could be done?

Design a special purpose circuit that produces the superwave form (This is what brillouin did) and impose that waveform onto the DC heater current. As I stated above, the Superwave form will most probably resolve to a square wave or a saw tooth wave. The circuit would need to form a modified square wave or you can use a Russian triac light dimer like alexander parkhomov did

This wave form generator circuit would be a great product offering for LookingForHeat.

• Official Post

Axil.

If it is any consolation just yesterday Lookingforheat.com took delivery of 20 'H-Bridge' opto-coupled variable frequency AC square waveform generators designed by one of our team, and controlled by Arduino. They will be in Beta-test soon and hopefully on sale as 'easy build kits' by late August. We have deliberately designed it using discrete component and 'through hole' boards. No SMD's -which I find I often cannot see, let along solder properly. As David implies though, time and money are always short. Hi frequency power amplification is an expensive business - at the moment the best approximation we have is to introduce 'noise', as shown in the scope trace from our current heater power supply.

The first picture here is of a 'clean' square wave, and the second one shows how we 'dirtied it up - and jacked up the frequency considerably.

• One of the mechanisms that seems to work in stimulating the LENR reaction is EMF stimulation. There is a number of threads of research that might be tied together to get a handle on what could be the character and structure of this stimulation.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. This is not LENR. It is true that high power lasers can create very high electric fields in a plasma. The fields accelerate particles to very high energies and these can induce nuclear reactions.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_acceleration
    The problem is the efficiency. The probability that a particle causes a reaction (cross section) is small, so many particles have to be accelerated to induce one reaction. The rest of the energy is lost as heat. So even if lasers and accelerators can induce reactions with excess energy (positive Q-value) they are of no interest for energy production (with the possible exception of spallation/fission). The same holds for muon catalysed fusion: it costs too much energy to produce the muons.

The main beauty with the LENR is its small initiation energy. This is also the weakness: how is initiation achieved without loosing too much energy?

• Official Post

Alan,
    could you tell me how the signal should be built ideally (without money problem)
    A high frequency inside square waveform or another solution ?
    I remember Rossi's using just normal 50 Hz..

Rossi was using 3-phase AC from quite early on. But he also used phase-controllers - 3 of them, one for each phase. These can be set to boost the frequency - and can also be programmed to make square waves in many cases. When he used ordinary 50Hz single phase he was using a Triac voltage controller - these also make very noisy waveforms.

However, maybe you could consider using something like this- less than €100.00. http://www.dronevibes.com/foru…opter-30a-opto-esc.20466/

-

• I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. This is not LENR. I

I think You missed a big part of the LENR research discussion. Superwaves were a hot topic around 2004. Everybody knowledgable in the field used them. Superwawes were also used in the Lugano test and this was one reason nobody was able to correctly calculate the resistance of the wires... They are usuall modulated on top of the heating current.

Here a citation of Mc Kubre:
    The unique feature of Energetics’ experiments is the use of a fractal sinusoid current stimulus designated by them
    as a SuperWaveTM. Alone among all of the current modulations tested at SRI, this waveform is capable
    simultaneously of supporting high D/Pd loading and high interfacial deuterium flux. In the terms of equation [1],
    both are needed for excess heat production.

For an in-depth explanation see also:
    http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/DardikIintensific.pdf

One more detailed with drawings: http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/DardikIexcessheat.pdf

• The scalar wave mechanism of cold fusion utilizes frequencies in radiowave (molecular), megahertz (orbital) and terrahertz (nuclear transitions) spectrum. During cold fusion we need them all: the radio frequencies for phonon wave induced collisions of atoms each other within atom lattice, the TV frequencies for resonance of transverse and longitudinal Rydberg waves spreading along individual orbitals and the terrahertz frequencies for inducing resonance of orbitals withing atom nuclei. All these fractal pieces of matter must vibrate wildly in unison for to raise the probability of their mutual collisions followed by multiplication of momentum (Astroblaster ball effect).

IMO practically we just need high frequency discharge with high portion of harmonic frequencies (which occur in rectangular pulses). Such a high harmonics naturally emerge during fast interruption of current for example during plasma electrolysis, the boiling vapor is interrupting and chopping current in very irregular way. Scalar waves emerge when the current gets interrupted fast, not just alternated fast.

IMO it's worth to recall in this connection, Nicola Tesla achieved very high frequency pulses with using of magnetic interrupter: the magnetic field makes the discharge unstable and it decays faster. Most of scalar wave phenomena he observed with this arrangement. http://beforeitsnews.com/free-…sh-the-aether-576485.html

• I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. This is not LENR. It is true that high power lasers can create very high electric fields in a plasma. The fields accelerate particles to very high energies and these can induce nuclear reactions.

It should be possible to differentiate occasional fusion arising from acceleration of small species under electric fields from certain hypotheses for LENR, such as induced decay, which might also go back to changing electric fields, and hence be susceptible to the kind of EMF stimulation discussed in this thread.

• I think You missed a big part of the LENR research discussion. Superwaves were a hot topic around 2004. Everybody knowledgable in the field used them. Superwawes were also used in the Lugano test and this was one reason nobody was able to correctly calculate the resistance of the wires... They are usuall modulated on top of the heating current.

Of course I have missed a lot. I lost interest after F&P and did other things like most nuclear physicists. The quote sounds like alchemy to me, maybe because I don't understand. The trademarked Superwaves were obviously not the solution??? I don't remember Superwaves from the Lugano report, but I don't read it every day. :)

• I think Axil is unclear on the real-world physical limits of engineering. THz signals are not even remotely possible from affordable electronics. Here's the kind of system that would be needed, based on interference of two GaAs laser diodes. It produces 0.1 mW average power at 1.5 THz, and costs $165K.
    http://www.mtinstruments.com/downloads/Terahertz Parametric Oscillator TPO-1500 v4.pdf
    Superwave-like signals are possible and affordable though. I'm using a $300 class D (PWM) audio amplifier to drive up to 600 watts at 4 ohms, with a waveform like this:

Here's an audio file with the superwave fundamental swept from 50 Hz to 5 kHz. I loop the file for continuous output
    https://goo.gl/4iF2up

• This superwave is in general nothing special/not existent( and wave having waves implies vibrations of the subatomic particles, which build the particle.... we can continue, to make real physics from his thread in this wrongly placed forum...).
    ONCE AGAIN axil assumes, that it has to do with lenr. Axil's running out of arguments, because neither his monopoles, nor tachyons, nor WHATEVER he tried to tell us, has anything to do with reality , end even less with physics at all. Now he is on the "superwave" ... nahhhh...
    And, for physics, this discussion is wayyyyy to "unmathy"...,

• Two questions:
    1 Do people still believe in Superwaves for LENR?
    2 I assume the figure shows voltage versus time. This has to be a single valued function. You can not have two different voltages at a certain time.
    Apologies if the question is trivial. :)

To me the figure looks like a remnant from the fractals that were popular in the 80s. Leaves, coastal lines etc.

The term Low Energy Nuclear Reaction is used in the patent. Is this the first use of this term (I bet Jed knows this)?

• Two questions:
    1 Do people still believe in Superwaves for LENR?

Superwave is a marketing term! But everybody is using a kind of S-Waves to enable LENR! (See Lugano Report)

As we all know out of many recent, peer reviewed papers describing SPP phenomenas, square fields are able to deeply penetrate into the nano surface of LENR powders and may there cause non linear amplification of the (near) surface field.
    Of course "the frequency" (in reality it's a whole, often discrete, spectrum) must be close to "the eigenfrequency" (at least one) of the nanoparticle.
    Older papers show that Pd/D loading runs much faster while they did shake the lattice with "superwaves".
    But I havent seen a single paper where people explicitly looked for the optimal sweet spot (particle size/frequency).

There are other strange wave forms like tranvesal waves (based on square waves) see: http://jnaudin.free.fr/spgen/index.htm

As long as LENR is a hidden science (ask JED why), we will have to wait for the answers.

• 1 Do people still believe in Superwaves for LENR?

McKubre and others have seen good results from them. See p. 7 here:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/McKubreMCHcoldfusionb.pdf

I think they may be an effective form of stimulation, similar to rapid heating or lasers. Many things that cause sudden disequilibrium seem to trigger the effect, but only in material that is primed and ready to react. A trigger such as the Superwave will not work in a cathode that cannot produce the cold fusion effect for one reason or another, because it is dirty or cracked, for example.

• This superwave is in general nothing special/not existent( and wave having waves implies vibrations of the subatomic particles, which build the particle.... we can continue, to make real physics from his thread in this wrongly placed forum...).
    ONCE AGAIN axil assumes, that it has to do with lenr. Axil's running out of arguments, because neither his monopoles, nor tachyons, nor WHATEVER he tried to tell us, has anything to do with reality , end even less with physics at all. Now he is on the "superwave" ... nahhhh...
    And, for physics, this discussion is wayyyyy to "unmathy"...,

There is experimental evidence that shows all the "arguments",
    I have addressed. That eveidence has not only come from
    http://restframe.com/
    but also from AirBus research: https://drive.google.com/file/…ZzN4YjZvXzI2dEktUVVV/view,
    Leonid Urutskoev
    http://65.54.113.26/Author/19401692/leonid-i-urutskoev

I have not invented the "arguments", I have only tried to understand and explain them.

It is easy to see these features in experiments for yourself, but like the old proverb states...You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.