Make your own BEC

• Found an interesting experiment - DIY BEC.

http://coldquanta.com/products/bec-ultracold/

The video for the miniMOT is very instructive:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is this gadget something to trigger LENR with?

• I propose an experiment to demonstrate nuclear activity in LENR as follows:

Place a test tube filed with a mixture of gold or silver nanoparticles and water in a cloud chamber. Place a laser pointer (green is best) inside the chamber with the beam shining inside the contents of the test tube. Observe that the particle tracks increase when the laser is powered on and decrease when the laser is powered off.

The particles produced by the active laser beam are muons.

• Tell me, where to get :
    - nanoparticles of silver or gold
    - a particle detector, which is able to record timespans lower then 2 microseconds ?
    - anyone, who believes, muons have to do with dadioactivity at all.

• Tell me, where to get :
    - nanoparticles of silver or gold
    - a particle detector, which is able to record timespans lower then 2 microseconds ?
    - anyone, who believes, muons have to do with dadioactivity at all.

Ask LookingFoHeat to help you out. They support all the needs of the LENR experiments. If they don't have it in stock, they will get it for you.

• Ah, ok, also particle detectors ?

A cloud chamber is a particle detector that can detect muons.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I got an answer from coldquanta. Because it is labeled 'confidential and proprietary information' I give a short summary:

Think of the MOT as an assembly of three systems; the vacuum system, the optics package, and the laser system.
    Price for the vacuum system starts around $12,000 USD.

Laser system and the optics package is standard products, coldquanta can offer them but those are not produced by coldquanta.

My contact know people who have built MOT systems using a miniMOT for as little as $25,000-$30,000, other groups have spent as much as $60,000-$80,000, with the difference really being the lasers.

• Thanks for the effort Mats!

I would venture that the laser package is no more than the lower 25 to 30 k price. First, there is a tendency to provide subsystems to a system user at near the price a distributor would charge wholesale to a bulk retail supplier. We see this consistently in say IC-based digital electronics and certainly in mundane laser applications.

As I understand it from long reading of photonic publications, and supplier catalogs, the ramp-up for volume production of optics is actually much smoother than that for IC innovations, since it is really only massive parallel production directly modeled on the already perfected low count efforts. The dramatic decline in price of mode-locked lasers in the 430 to 450 nm range for maximum transmission distance in clean seawater is but one of many many examples.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.