Judge ALTONAGA quotes ERV reports in her ‘background’ summary.

• I wonder if the law states whether that is input or output power?

It is rated output power. That is, what the manufacturer says the boiler can produce in hot water or steam. Output never exceeds input with any conventional boiler. There are always losses.

Boiler output is measured in horsepower, pounds of steam per hour, BTUs, or kilowatt hours (for electric boilers). The maximum amount of heat the boiler can produce per hour is called the "boiler load." See:

http://www.alken-murray.com/Boilerload.html

• Any boiler over 117 kW has to be inspected.[/quote]
    I wonder if the law states whether that is input or output power?[/quote]Jed was not quoting the actual regulation. From a booklet issued by the state Fire Marshal
    http://www.myfloridacfo.com/di…fetyBrochureMarch2016.pdf

A boiler is defined as… “a closed vessel in which water or other liquid is heated, steam or vapor is generated, steam is superheated, or any combination of these functions is accomplished under pressure or vacuum, for use external to itself, by the direct application of energy from the combustion of fuels or from electricity or solar energy.” This definition includes larger water heaters. Water heaters that exceed 400,000 btu/hr heat input; or 210 degrees F at the outlet; or 120 gallons nominal water containing capacity, are classified as hot water supply boilers, and are regulated by the Boiler Safety Section of the Bureau of Fire Prevention, Division of State Fire Marshal.

I can imagine the loophole search functions turning on. No. "Closed" does not mean sealed, for reasons I have stated in another post in this thread. The specification is not 117 kW, it is 400,000 btu/hr, which works out, as I recall, to 117 kW. This is "heat input," and how the heat is generated is not of concern. Boiler safety regulations are of high importance, because, as Jed pointed out, if you have steam being generated, there is high risk of explosions, and these can cause enormous damage and loss of life.

The distinction between "input power" and "output power" is one where we are concerned with net power generation. It's meaningless here. The power of concern is heating power, which in this case would be a megawatt claimed. Jed is probably correct. If a "megawatt" had been claimed, the Fire Marshal would not have said, "No problem, have fun!"

Much more likely, Rossi did not bother. He might have mentioned input electrical power with no claim of XP, that would be plausibly deniable, his SOP. And then, as long as the thing doesn't blow up, his risk would be very low. $500 fine at worst.

Risky? Yes. But Rossi takes risks. And this was all spun off from someone taking Altonaga's summary, taken from the Complaint, as if it were determined fact. Just more Planet Rossi nonsense.

It is meaningless as to the lawsuit itself. IH is not going to charge Rossi with flagrant violations of the Boiler Safety Code. You read it here first.

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
    Rossi is not actually on trial here for "moral turpitude" though some are trying to make allegations like that

Rossi is not on trial for anything. He is the plaintiff.

True. However, that condition may be unstable. I consider it a reasonable possibility that IH will counterclaim. Possibly for fraud. While proving fraud can be difficult, from what we already know or can reasonably infer as to what can be proven, they have a better case for it than Rossi's legal abortion.

• IH is not going to charge Rossi with flagrant violations of the Boiler Safety Code.

They cannot charge anyone with that. They are not authorized. Only an authority such an inspector or policeman can enforce regulations and laws. I.H. can only file a civil suit disputing a contract.

I.H. or someone else might be able to report an apparent safety violation to the authorities. Whether the authorities act on that would be up to them.

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
    IH is not going to charge Rossi with flagrant violations of the Boiler Safety Code.

They cannot charge anyone with that. They are not authorized. Only an authority such an inspector or policeman can enforce regulations and laws. I.H. can only file a civil suit disputing a contract.

I.H. or someone else might be able to report an apparent safety violation to the authorities. Whether the authorities act on that would be up to them.

Right. However, since no boiler is being operated, complaining at this point would be rather silly, eh?

(technically, since it was their boiler, and if Rossi claimed to have obtained approvals and did not, they could charge him with something trivial and silly, risking them getting a $500 fine. My point is that they simply are not going to do it. They have much bigger fish to fry.)

I am getting sooooo tempted to start feeding FUD to Sifferkoll here. Like, "Where's my check?" I already stirred the pot intensely by providing the original pdf to Planet Rossi for that isotope analysis. They are trying to figure out how this could damage Rossi, since, if I did it, it must be designed to cause damage.

I once knew a man who was a tad paranoid, and I knew a well-known teacher who poked him, by having his followers bake him a loaf of fresh bread and sending it to him as a gift.

Cruel, cruel!

That man ended up being assassinated. He did make real enemies. The bread, however, would have been fine, and the teacher and his followers wished the man no harm. Some of us, however, have impulses to poke insanity. I think the idea is to show how crazy it is. Then we could all laugh.

Except Sifferkoll isn't laughing. He is filling his life with a paranoid fantasy, and it could be quite expensive, if he is making investment decisions based on it, as he may be.

I did think there would be some flap over my identity. But I also thought it was interesting, the author of the file and the implications. And that's it. I do not write to attempt to make Rossi look bad. I want him to look exactly how he is, and I don't assume that I have complete knowledge. I write because it's there, like some climb Mount Everest.

• Abd Ul-Rahman Lomax

I am getting sooooo tempted to start feeding FUD to Sifferkoll here. Like, "Where's my check?"

Would that be the sort of check you might expect from the moderators?? Oh it's coming don't worry.

Jed

We do know. It is common sense.

Is that how you calibrate the truth and fact as an exact measurement of observable and verifiable information? IT@S COMMON SENSE, Rossi and Penon are light years ahead of you in that department then.

Yet another example of inappropriate measurement of COP (Coefficient of Plausibility).

Best regards
    Frank

• Quote from "Mad Dog Abd Ul Rahman Lomax"

Except Sifferkoll isn't laughing. He is filling his life with a paranoid fantasy

It is actually kind of fun ... And from your latest rants it do seem a bit like you are getting somewhat obsessed...maybe even paranoid, dont you think ;)

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.